Ballroom Beauty - Jonathan x Misha

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
When they entered the main dance hall, Misha kept his lips tight. This would be the time for running over to his friends and getting excited over the little things. But not today. His hands buried in his pockets as he kept his head down, walking close up against Jonathan. It was more scary than he thought. Especially since they were going to be dancing in the same room as everyone else. There were separate studios, but everybody seemed to start off as one big group. Probably to show off.

Misha was not so sure he wanted to show off now, were people going to be shocked? He turned to Jonathan and looked at the pen. Here goes, he shrugged before nodding, "Go for it, I'll get our first dance." Misha looked over to the desk of choreographers, who were typing things up and collecting papers. His hands turned into fists as he tried to calmly walk over to the desk. They all looked up at him, some looking over to Jonathan in confusion. Misha looked at them for a second, "So, What do me and Jonathan get?"

The choreographers just didn't seem to get it, "Look. He's my partner, what dance is it this week?" Misha gritted his teeth, feeling like everybody was staring at him. Usually being the centre was attention was Misha's forte, but right now it was making him uncharacteristically nervous. "So?" Misha snapped a little, leaning forwards to the table of men and women. They must of not had too much of a problem as one of the women typed something into her laptop, "Viennese Waltz." She said quickly, eyeing both the men with a skeptical look.

His heart fluttered, only a waltz. So easy. "Okay, thanks.." He sighed, wiping his face as he turned around to Jonathan.

Jonathan nodded and turned his attention to the clipboard that held onto a piece of paper. His eyes scanned the piece of paper reading all the pairs. Each name was a man's and a woman's, not a single same sex names were written. He felt skeptical about writing his and Misha's name on the pice of paper. He sucked in his lower lip, chewing softly on the soft flesh of his. He glanced around to see a few eyes on him and a few eyes on Misha. People were already whispering. He could hear the sharp whispers, that quickly irritated him. His grip on the pen was tight enough to make his knuckles turn white. Jonathan shook his head lightly and turned his attention back to the piece of paper. His eyes trailed down from the list of names to the last slot.

He took the pen and wrote his name down alongside Misha's name. He stopped writing and thought, "What the hell was his last name?" He tapped the top of the pen against his chin three times till a hand stopped him. His dark eyes looked at the figure with a cocky grin and an annoying expression on his face. The man was the same height as Jonathan, he had scruffy blonde hair that was styled to a quiff, and his eyes were piercing blue -- it was almost hard not to look away. "So I heard you're gonna be danc'n with some guy. Hilarious right, Jon-Jon?" His nemesis patted his back in a jocular way. Jonathan rolled his eyes and slid the pen between the space of the clip of the clipboard and the board itself. Jonathan turned away from his nemesis, Lucas. "Okay, ignore me. I don't care!" The man said acting petulant, once again.

Jonathan met up with Misha quickly. He noticed the man didn't look so well, in his perspective. "You okay?" He asked with a dubious expression on his face. His brown eyes inspected Misha's face, he certainly didn't seem pale or sick. He put on a half frown. "We should eat. I can't dance and pass out." A sheepish chuckle escaped his lips.

He placed his hand on Misha's back and led the way out of the dance studio. It seemed the tension in there gotten to him. Jonathan looked back to see Lucas with a silly grin on his lips and Katerina standing beside him with a worried expression on her face. He sighed loudly and turned away. He opened the door for Misha and walked out behind him. Once the doors were closed everybody began to speak about the two being partners. Jonathan could distinguish everybody's voice on, whose-who. He looked back at Misha. "I don't think I can stay in there...We should practice somewhere...more secluded. I don't want to deal with their bull shit." He said coldly.

When Jonathan came over and pushed him out of the room, Misha obediently followed. He turned his head as he heard a chuckle. He saw a blond man, looking at them with a smirk. Misha frowned at him before they left the room. As they entered the corridor, Misha let of a breath, like he had been holding it. "Please." He agreed, "But, food first." He let out an airy giggle before eyeing the corridor. He put his hands on his hips, taking a look around, trying to remember where the canteen was from here. When he did, Misha strutted off ahead of Jonathan down the corridor, swaying his hips.

"Food, food, food.." He frowned as he reached the end of the corridor, poking his head around to see a room labelled canteen. Misha grinned and turned around to Jonathan, tilting his head towards the room. As soon as he was away from the other dancers, Misha felt happy to be himself again. He happily skipped down to it and opened the door to an almost empty, cafe like room. Dotted about were people who worked behind the scenes with laptops and coffee. Misha happily entered and walked over to order food.

"Just toast and a cappuccino. Thanks cutie." Misha grinned at the guy behind the counter, who rolled his eyes a little as Misha handed over a few notes. He smirked as he waited for his drink, turning to Jonathan. "So.. Who was that guy? The blond one before." He asked cautiously, noticing the way he was speaking to Jonathan, and the way he looked at them. Jonathan probably knew who Misha was on about.

Jonathan was surprise Misha didn't retaliate when he lead him out of the room. The man wasn't complaining, a bit surprised, he expected some sort of retaliation. He brushed off the thought when Misha spoke. He nodded agreeing with the shorter man. He watched the man go ahead of him. His brown eyes trailed down, starting from the back of his head to the way he swayed his hips. Jonathan shook his head lightly and followed Misha. His steps were small and his head was dropped to stare at the ground. Jonathan shoved his hands into his pockets following the sound of Misha's footstep. He wasn't able to release the sight of everybody's face when they saw Jonathan and Misha walk in. He closed his eyes tightly then opened them widely.

After a few steps he looked at Misha who gestured into a room. He nodded in response and entered behind Misha. The canteen was almost to completely empty. The only people in there were the people who coordinated the design of the competition room, no competitors -- lucky him. He walked towards the counter where there was a display of breakfast breads and sandwiches. He scanned the display and decided on a plain bagel.

"One bagel and water." He asked. The guy behind the counter smiled and nodded him off.

Jonathan smiled back and leaned his body against the counter. He turned his attention to Misha. "That blond guy..." He scoffed lightly. People usually knew who Lucas was. He was pretty well-known around the dance community or that's what Katerina told him when they were still together. He sighed slowly. The air released from his mouth came out slowly. "That was Lucas. He's dating my ex currently. And we are rivals, I guess..." He shrugged.

As Jonathan spoke, Misha collected his hot drink and leaned to face him. He furrowed his brow, blowing the steam off his drink, "Oh - Oh Lucas!" The image of the blond man clicked with the name. He didn't know Lucas well, but he didn't seem to like Misha. At least, that's what he gathered. "Yeah, he seems like an idiot. Don't worry-" Misha sipped his drink, hissing a little as it burnt his lip, "We'll beat them." Misha giggled as his two pieces of toast appeared on the counter next to him.

"I'll go get a table." Misha collected his plate and looked over to a corner table of two. That seemed as far away from others as possible. If the producers were as gossipy as the dancers, everybody in this room would know about the male on male dancers now. The dancers knew, the producers, directors, make-up artists, judges... Misha's heart jumped as he sat down, placing his drink and food in front of him.

The judges. Misha knew for a fact one judge wouldn't be impressed. Craig. He had always been against Misha, he hadn't given a mark higher than an 8 before because he was gay. Misha scoffed at the thought of the man as he sipped his drink. Two men dancing together would be something of a disaster for the judge. There was no way they would win him over surely. Misha bit his lip in worry as he thought about the man. He could do the best dance in the world and Craig would tell him that 'Improvements on the male part' were needed. Misha hissed as he sipped his coffee again, forgetting how hot it was.

He nodded slowly. The gesture had a sense of denigration due to Misha's slow memory. A small chuckle broke the stoic expression on his face. The light and airy atmosphere was brought upon Jonathan. To hear insults about Lucas was surely extant but they were quite rare. "You need to be more careful with hot drinks." He pointed out. He tried to pull of a smile but it felt difficult to pull the corners of his lips and form a smile. The dubious words of encouragement have constantly escaped his lips whenever encouragement was needed. The words felt hollow, empty. Jonathan couldn't find himself to believe it. He kept an expressionless face, watching Misha walk away in search of a seat. A tap on his shoulder brought his heel to turn his body towards the counter. His food was placed on the counter; behind it was the boy behind the counter smiling. He forced himself to smile as he grabbed his food.

Jonathan took big steps towards his table. As he did an uncomfortable feeling from his right burned his skin. He glanced at his right to see a man. The man glared at him through his glasses that widened his dark eyes. He wasn't quite aware what to do. He didn't spare the man the same actions; he looked forward and ignored the glare. Walking at the pace Jonathan did surely did not do him justice. He quickened his pace and sat down in front of Misha. The feeling of a pair of eyes disappeared and he managed to relax.

A loud sigh escaped his lips he ran his fingers through his hair. News spread rather quickly about the two dancing with each other. Same sex dance was surely the talk now. "Seems like everybody knows about us dancing." He said. He stretched out his arm and took a big gulp of water. The cold water ran down his throat washing over a sense of relaxation. He leaned against the backing of the chair diminishing the stiffness from his back. "What dance did we get?" The words came slow and strained. His head was tilted up to stare at the ceiling where a light bulb hung from a cord. The smell of food and coffee managed to keep him relaxed but only for a moment. He was too wrapped up in the thought of the song he will have to execute with Misha.

"Viennese Waltz." Misha said proudly, beaming at Jonathan sat down. That must be a good thing for the pair of them. Start off with an easy dance, no super controversal moves, it's all good. Misha pictured the dance in his mind, him and Jonathan waltzing across the floor gracefully to Johann Strauss II - The Blue Danube Waltz. It made him smile to himself as he attempted to drink the hot liquid again before giving up. He got sort of lost in his own thoughts before he snapped out of it quickly, "Good right? I'm thinking maybe Strauss? It's very elegant and it is for Waltzes after all.." His sister never let him choose the music, she was rather bossy. He swore she refused to choose the Blue Danube just to spite him.

As he started spewing ideas, his eye caught the ones of a skeptical editor from across the room. The man looked over his shoulder and stared at Misha with a look of confusion. Misha rolled his own eyes before turning to Jonathan, "You're right, everybody knows..." Misha licked his lips slowly, staring at Jonathan. "Is it really that weird?" He whispered, purposely lowering his voice before sighing, "Don't answer that.." He laughed a little before picking up his toast, leaning back. Misha began eating. He ate his food in small bites, like a bird, his sister would say.

Misha began imagining what their first dance was going to be. His brows twitched a little, the most iconic aspect to the dance was the flowing dress of the woman. And he sure as hell wasn't getting into a dress. Long tailed tuxedo's would do the trick...

The corner of his lips tugged away from each other forming a smile on his lips. The indents in his cheeks were prominent when he smiled. "Sounds great." He spoke with an ecstatic tone. A wave of relief crashed against him, the Viennese Waltz -- simplistic -- intimacy level, mild. The sound of the waltz brought a tinge of excitement, the anxiety began to vanish slowly. Hope pushed through the dubious thoughts of the two dancing. Jonathan loosened up much more at this new improvement. He listened to a song suggestion. He nodded slowly as he brought his hand towards his plain bagel. The once hot bagel simmered down, allowing Jonathan to grab hold of it without wincing in pain. "I think that's a good idea. I'm more worried about clothes. The anticipated part of the competition is the ostentatious dresses the female dancers wear." He pointed out. The bland clothes they were to wear would cost them points -- it bothered Jonathan a bit.

He opened his mouth a bit and bit down on the soft bagel. He looked at Misha watching his expressions change drastically from jocose to confusion. He chewed slowly as Misha began to speak. It seemed like the dreaded gossip spreader faster than any normal disease. An exaggerated sigh released all the air in his lungs. The looks people gave them felt physical, he could feel their stares, he could hear the judgments people thought to themselves, he could feel himself losing confidence each time someone would stare at them strangely. The bothersome feeling managed to cling onto him like skinny jeans -- it feels uncomfortable and congested.

"I don't thi-" Before the words could come out as a sentence Misha cut him off. He shut his mouth and focused on his plain bagel. He ripped off a piece of the bread with his teeth. The soft bread began to turn into mush in his mouth. He looked at Misha and then their surroundings. The tension grew as people began to form into a group; whispers began to feel like a sword cutting against his flesh, it stung like a bitch. He shook his head lightly, relieving himself of the whispers. "Anyway, we should talk about clothes." He never expected himself to say that sentence. The words came out of his mouth sounded off, disorganized, he felt himself discomfit at the sound of his own voice. He felt his heartbeat beat faster. "Those words don't usually come out my mouth." He muttered, internally scolding himself.

It seemed like Jonathan also agreed with him about the clothing. "I may be gay but don't expect to see me in a dress." Misha smirked. A lot of his dance-mates had mocked him lightheartedly about getting into a dress, Misha never took offense. He then also assumed Jonathan knew about his homosexuality, because it was pretty obvious. If not, then he must not pay that much attention to the world around him, "I was thinking maybe we both get tailcoats? It would create the same illusion of the dress. We could go black and white? It's classy." Misha spewed out ideas, "Costumes like me, I can talk to them about getting us the coats with extra long tails." He giggled, nibbling at his toast again.

As he thought about it, Misha looked up to his partner and thought about him for a second. Had he ever seen him dance before? Misha quickly managed to finish his toast, leaving the crust on the crummy plate. Maybe they should so some soloing to get used to eachother's dance style. Misha was always very sensual but sharp in his solos. Latin was his main forte, and liked anything where he could sway his hips and have his shirt open. "We should get to the dance studios after. Not with everybody else, like, our own." Misha began to sip his drink, doing so much quicker once he felt it had cooled down, "I think we should do some warm ups then solos, I'd like to see you dance before I trust you with me." Misha chuckled.