Status
Not open for further replies.
Their brother had lost it. Absorbed in all the death he's dealt, the man who once mentored Suna in the arts of spirituality and Earthbending turned out to be naught but an authoritarian whose priorities seemed out of place and questionable at best. The Sandbender's leadership in the field was all but steadfast, but even the young man could not find it in himself to discipline his compatriots in such a radical way. What was a normal castigating method for the Earthbender was all but that to the Sandbender, prompting the Si Wong native to leap forth from his Earth Tent in an explosive manner and catch the pillar of rock that Dhune beckoned from the ground. It hit his ribcage and to this, Suna groaned. Still, it was nothing the former Earth Rumble champion could not handle; he faced far worse in his days as a purposeless fighter, chucking and catching large boulders and turning them into dust before the very crowd, turning the testosterone-filled tourney into a magic exhibition as well, disappearing here in there and handing out cheap shots towards grizzled mugs. He did not let the pain dwindle in his chest, as he immediately ground it using a well-timed Shequan finger strike. Upon touching his fingertips, Dhune's rock pillar turned to pebbles and grain.

"What's wrong with you!?" Suna blurted, "You can't just do that, your problem's with me! I caused all of this!" He stepped forth to face Dhune and look him in the eyes, momentarily forgetting the guilt that had been nipping at his soul and heart. What was in his heart then was simply anger and shock. His index finger erected itself amidst the other four, as they were hiding in a tightly balled fist. Suna pointed at Dhune with a hint of rebellious protectiveness for Rae. "She wasn't doing anything to you, and you lashed out to her just 'cause you're tired of how she acts?" He attacked his mentor with words. "We don't share you or Misty's viewpoint, Dhune, but you can't shove it down our throats. Your peaceful ways are noble, yeah, but ever heard of the saying 'all's fair in love and war?' "

At this, he stood before him with Rae, his sister in arms, around his right shoulder, as if a caring older brother. He knew Rae was like Suna in her thirst for blood and death, hatred for their common foe, and in her gung-ho attitude, but Dhune forgot that it was he who trained Suna, it was he who introduced him to fasting and meditation, and it was he who did it with a patient heart. It was such a surprise to see him lose that same patience with an individual who was not unlike his Sandbending student and brother. "I think you need some space." Turning his back on Dhune, he caringly dragged Rae to the isolated part of the camp. With a flick of his wrist he created a stool of rock for her to sit on. . Dhune played a part in helping Suna think about the Phoenix King's men – them having families, showing love, beng informants. But there was something strange about his sudden outburst of anger towards Rae; it reminded him that there truly was nothing stopping the Rising from achieving its cause. Dhune thought about the secret informants and their lives, but has it ever crossed his mind that those informants – those people who secretly worked for the Rising yet were clad in Phoenix red, gold, and black – knew what they were getting into, and were prepared to die for the greater good? Whether killed by their allies' hands or by the regime itself, they have served their purpose in this war, to feed the Rising with information. They, like Suna and his team, were all just pawns to the greater force moving the pieces together. In war, there will always be death and it was now that Suna's eyes were opened to the fact that only he and Rae had accepted the reality. If Dhune accepted it, he wouldn't complain about all the lives he took away, as it was a necessity. A cruel one, but a necessity nonetheless.

Sure, Suna craved retribution and wanted the Phoenix Forces dead, but he knew friend from foe. He would never do such things to his teammates, especially the one who needs the most help and patience. There were other ways of reminding people of where their place was in this wretched world. "Are you okay?" He looked at Rae caringly, but also sternly, as he knew of what Rae was capable of - he held her shoulders tightly with his arms, knowing full well she'll give in to her anger and annoyance. "Don't do anything. Or else." He whispered, telling her that if she gives in to that irrational anger, she'll hear from Suna himself.

That little punk. Duhne wanted to make a statement, and Suna stopped him. Duhne gently pushed Naomi to the side while he stepped forward, his tattoos flashing in a bright green light. Each flickered with his rage as it sparked. They needed to learn their place. Duhne was a gentle soul, but he grew up in the Great Divide. Duhne grew up in a place just as harsh if not harsher than the Si Wong Desert. Duhne grew up in a place where one would die without strength and assistance as well as faith in companionship. One had to have faith in those around them. Absolute faith. If a rock slipped or a boulder tumbled, one had to believe there would always be someone to catch it and they equally had to always be vigilant for everyone around them. When the entire world was against life, the only way to escape death was to work together. A family was more than a family, friends were just as close. Just as single cells make a body, single people made a whole living unit that could survive and accomplish things no single part could alone. That was the world Duhne came from, and he always favored peaceful resolution because of it. But, Suna rejected that. If Suna wouldn't settle, then Duhne would step up.

"You ignorant...petulant, little punk," Duhne said, spitting out ferocious words outside his normal character. "We are not at war. We are here to avoid war as long as we can. Do you understand that? This not a battlefield, your ways aren't acceptable because they are on opposing sides," Duhne added. Several golems began sprouting up around him, made of solid, condensed stone. These golems, however, stood still. Their stone forms were taking in more and more earth from beneath them and as they did solidified into harder rock. Duhne knew what Suna could do; he knew the techniques of sandbenders. Sand and pebbles were useless against solid enough stone, and Duhne was absolutely sure he could bend earth walls far greater than the sand Suna had as disposal. Duhne was tired of this. Duhne had snapped. "Let's try thing yours way, Suna," Duhne said before kicking up a boulder nearly the size of a small hut, then sending it flying at Suna and Rae-Lee with a single whirlwind kick. "Raw force, right? Let me beat my opinion into you, if that's what you call, Suna," Duhne said as he started panting when his adrenaline kicked in. Now a dozen of his golems stood around him, stone constantly feeding into their earthen bodies to strengthen them. "I'll open your eyes to the point I'm making, Suna. You can't trust anyone with your attitude. If you will slit the throat of your enemy when it is unneeded, what faith can be put in you when you waver? You are an ally now, but would you be if you were just a criminal markeeter in a fair, just world, Suna? I doubt it, and I'm going to show you the importance of honor... because you have none."

She made a mistake; several mistakes in the time of a few seconds. But the most important one, was letting her guard down. Perhaps she would have seen the sudden and unusual assault from Duhne, but she did not. No, she had believed there was no need to be so guarded around those she traveled with. The second most important mistake was to assume Suna would not intervene as he did. Instead of hitting her, the real target to Duhne's angry assault was not hit. Suna had prevented the stone pillar from smashing into her, but it did send them both a few feet away from where they had been only moments before. Rae-Lee was torn between her anger and confusion; her anger called for blood while her confused demanded answers. Was her response to Naomi's embrace so wrong as to make her a target of the peaceful Duhne? And if that was the case, then why did Suna intervene? If she truly deserved the anger from the spiritual Duhne, then why protect her? Why defend her?

The impact from Suna taking the hit had stunned her, sending her to the ground with choice but to oblige. It seemed like Suna was determined to make himself her defender in this situation as she was hoisted from the ground. Her anger grew in frustration as her confusion only provided more questions which she failed to answer. Those unanswered questions frustrated her, turning her frustration to anger which was quickly turning her still form to a twitching one. Rae shook from the anger of the attack. She shook from discovering once again that she was reminded of lacking air-bending prowess. Maybe she couldn't escsape the judgement of those who saw her as 'useless.'

"I am fi-" Rae-Lee had begun to say but stopped. Finishing her statement would have been a lie, she was not fine. She was far too angry to be fine. Rae was always angry. Always prone to letting her anger take control when it proved too much to handle. But even when she was angry, it was never at this level as to make her shake from it. "It doesn't matter. I need my dagger, my weapon," Rae-Lee said as she struggled to get to her feet with Suna holding her against the stone stool. "Let me go, Suna. Let me go or you might get hurt," Rae said calmly. Her eyes narrowed and glaring daggers at Duhne. There was no time to say more as Duhne exploded into furry at Suna. Duhne was wrong. Rae would not slit their throats if she was in charge. They were her team mates, dare she say it? Suna, Naomi and Duhne had weaseled their way into being her companions. If he thought that all she was anger and hatred, he was wrong in every way. Rae knew what was loyalty was. She knew to protect those she cared about in the slightest way. If Rae could channel her anger and focus it, she certainly would be a formidable opponent. As it was, she merely had untapped potential.

This was why, as the boulder came flying at them and she had chose to not attack. In a desperate attempt to save both her and Suna from the attack, she wrapped an arm around his waist as the other was thrusted down. Using as much force as she could to propell both of them into the air, and only skid across the boulder as it crashed into the surrounding trees. Suna had protected her. Now it was her turn to protect him. Rae used the remaining momentum to propel them towards where she knew her arsenal would be, as her air-bending was too weak to rely on. Landing on her feet, she released the Sandbender and armed herself with her variety of sharp objects. "You know, I think I will do some throat slitting tonight. I'll start with you," Rae-Lee said. The malice had returned to her eyes as she turned into the snake she was.

Last edited by a moderator:
She barely had time to react as things quickly descended into chaos. Dhune had lost it and with it went the patience of Suna and Rae-Lee. They were done with his lectures, done with receiving the verbal whip every time they expressed a view that didn't match theirs and now it seemed words were no longer enough to calm the building quake that threatened to disturb the soil beneath the group. Naomi was not the strongest bender here, that much was known, however she was perhaps the most deceptive and cunning in how she manipulated the environment around her. It was perhaps this which might spare them actions which wouldn't be forgivable. "Dhune!" Naomi called, attempting to knock his attention and draw it towards her as she frowned. "This is not the way!" she said, her words falling on deaf ears as he kicked a boulder towards Suna and Rae. With a quick motion of her arms the entire water reserve erupted into a devastating cannon which up and around to intercept the boulder, knocking it down into the ground with an earth quaking thump. The move had required all her water from the pots to gather enough pressure to counter the boulder weight, it was also a pretty heavy move to pull off so fast so it was expected that Naomi looked a little physically taxed from the effort, though she recovered quickly. "Dhune... don't do this" she began as she stepped closer. "You once taught a girl that there was more to the world than this, more than letting your anger control you. And that girl believed in you... " she continued, reminding him of the first moments when Dhune had began to calm the raging waves inside of her, shortly after she was taken from the forest where she'd claimed so many lives. "I know how it feels to carry the burden of hundreds of lives upon your shoulders, the pain and hurt... it's surreal. But you can't punish them for their mistakes... because their mistakes are our mistakes" she took a step closer, "Please Dhune, let this go... don't let this consume you... " she said, water having collected around her just in case, keeping a watchful eye on Rae and hoping she would see right to stay her blade.

The First Step of Many

[spacer]The group had spent spent plenty time sifting through the different wares of the rebel tailor, but that was to no ill-event. After they had through they were done, they even revisited the shop only to find things they either overlooked or that caught their eye, and after one of them continued shopping, the whole group did. The girls fo the group clamored and compared their choices while Suzzio was interrupted by Krane whom returned far earlier than expected. He handed Tanvi the equipment pouches and told her to go ahead and take them to acquire new satchels for their travels Krane tended to Suzzio. Although questions arose from this odd series of events, a few hours time and Tanvi insisting on them perfecting their choices pushed those questions into a fog of distraction. Just as Krane did for her, Tanvi reminded each member of her group, now just Tao and Zarina, they they could upgrade their choices. New leather stitching for durability, emblems of the Earth Kingdom, black trim over red cloth to replicate the normal fire nation attire. Everything from their boots to their gloves, and even hood attachments, was at their disposal, and Tanvi helped them through all of it while Krane was gone. After they had finished, Tanvi showed them their equipment pouches. Simple rolling straps of thick leather held essential tools such as knives, flint, lock picks, ink and paper, sewing needles, strips of thick, black cloth and thread, and several other useful tools all rolled into uniform pouches. They were standard for all members of the Rising, and as new members, each of them attained one. Then, it was off to have their new baggage.

After another few hours, Krane met the group at the recruitment center. He returned with a bag over his shoulder, but without Suzzio. "I hate to say it, but Uquo believed Suzzio wasn't ready for this mission. He's been assigned to a new team where he has to earn his trust," Krane said. Whether it was the truth or not was irrelevant; it is what he told them. "Not my decision to make, and Uquo felt it would be less of an impact if there was no goodbye," Krane added before opening up the burlap bag to reveal a set of weapons. He pulled out two pouches, identical to a new one on his hip. Inside there were throwing knives similar to the nes Tanvi had used. Krane explained, "Tanvi can train us to throw them, and they've came in handy plenty. I believe they'll be of great use." Krane then pulled out a set of twin shortswords with curved blades and slid them to Zarina. He said, "traditional weapons of the Fire Nation, and forged a dozen times to withstand high temperatures. I picked the best," he explained, "to match a lady of class." With a sly wink to Zarina, he then pulled out a three-section staff. With a twist to either handle, four chain links released a third of the staff and with an opposite twist they withdrew back. Krane then released a small trigger the size of a bead on the side of the staff by gently pushing it to the side, launching forward a spike. He reloaded the spike by pulling it down, then locking it by pushing it to the side again. "This is for you, Tao. The smith said this was made special for an earthbender, but it became so popular plenty are using it.The bottom of it is loaded with a stone shaft so you can feel vibrations and to counterbalance the spike, and you saw the rest." Krane then stepped back from the empty bag and said, "We need to become proficient with our weapons. Tanvi is a chi blocker and dangerous with her knives, but we benders need to be able to fight if we ever have to pretend we cannot bend. These weapons will help that. Not to mention, benders rarely carry weapons, so we will likely pass as nonbenders. The police force won't question a staff, either, and with a set of exposed knives, we can conceal the rest of our weapons. We'll look normal, and that's key."[/spacer]

"You're positive that you got it? Absolutely sure? I mean, we'll get to get things fixed and upgraded, but it may not be for awhile. It's definitely better to be safe than sorry." These were a few of the things Tanvi questioned Tao and Zarina about as they got their clothing together. She remembered being drilled about the things that would be useful and things that might have been helpful. Even if it didn't seem useful at the moment, they would probably need it in the long run. "Oh, that's a good idea. I like that one.That one looks pretty comfortable." These were just a few of the compliments given to the choices that were chosen. Tanvi took the equipment pouches, expecting to simply be holding them for the time being. Realizing he was going to be gone for some time, she decided to save him the trouble and just go through the equipment inside. "Even if you don't think it'll be needed, it will be needed." That was the typical advice she gave to the two. Her curiosity occasionally wandered to where Suzzio and Krane had went off to. "Since we're done here, let's go." She instructed, assuming that Krane must have been on some official business. It had to be the only reason he'd make the group wait so long. She led the group back to the recruitment center, only to be left to wait for another few hours. They passed the time with a bit of small talk, possibly deciding to take a brief nap due to the long wait, and playing around with Fei.

Finally, Krane had returned. At the time she had been lounging upside down on one of the couches, so when he returned she flipped over, onto her feet and stretched. "Well it's about time Mr. Leader." Her casual smile turned into curiosity when she realized Suzzio wasn't around. That curiosity was soon answered with the knowledge of the male's reassignment. Tanvi held no questions about it and simply nodded. Uquo's decisions were final and there was nothing to question. If he didn't see Suzzio fit then maybe he didn't. Hopefully he could redeem himself from the doubt. The burlap sack targeted all of their interest, and when he opened them, Tanvi smirked a bit. The first thing that was taken out were two pouches holding throwing knives. "Nice. Just my style" She'd have been happy to demonstrate her prowess or show off, but instead she put them up to see the other weapons. A sword seemed fitting for Zarina, and the staff seemed suitable for Tao. "Wise choice as usual." She said, complimenting his picks for the others.

Benders with weapons was always an amusing sight to see, especially ones who only relied on their bending. She only knew little of the two and their abilities- besides their little spat that had occurred but that was about it. Whether or not they were capable of using weapons was going to be interesting to see. Being called 'dangerous' admittedly made her puff up in pride for a few short and probably unnoticed moments. She had moved off to the side, giving the other two a chance to examine their new weapons and ask any questions. As he mentioned having exposed knives, Tanvi slipped her hands in her sleeves, checking the hidden knives tucked away- and then another two hidden against her legs. They were still there, and had been sharpened not too long ago. "So, our mission is the same, yes? Just minus one?" It would have been a shame to know that they wouldn't be able to take their trip due to lack of a member- though that probably wouldn't be the case.

Zarina was thankful for every bit of help that Tanvi was able to give her. It had taken far long than she'd initially hoped, but she knew that every little detail could be the difference between warmth and freezing in her own clothes. She looked over everything once more to make sure that everything was good to go then smiled widely. She felt like herself again, which was something she hadn't been able to believe for a long while.

It started with the polar bear dog fur lined, leather boots, dark brown in color, that was sturdy and warm enough to keep her feet dry, but would be flexible enough for her to bend comfortably in. From there, she chose black pants to tuck into the boots with a red and silver sash belt. The tassels of the belt reached just above her knee and hung from her left side. It was sturdy and strong, a good weapon if she needed it. She decided on a sleeveless red shirt with a sleeveless, but hooded vest. The vest was embroidered with silver thread with some leather strips for some extra protection along her open spots. Her forearms would be encased in cloth binding, with a thin layer of criss-crossed leather to serve as a bracer. The hood, when pulled up, would cover her head and would have a hidden flap of cloth to pull across her face. It would be secured on the opposite side, so as to protect and hide all but her eyes. This feature could be used with the vest unsecured in the front. To complete the outfit would be a hair cut and a low, ponytail tied with a black and white tie. For traveling purposes, she'd be clothed in the cloak that family had given her until she would need to buy another. Even the winter would be coming, this would be enough for her...few places got colder than the North Pole.

She thanked Tanvi when she received her tools. She could help but sneak a peek into the bundle then fumbled with closing it back when she nearly dropped
it. She participated in the small talk, but most of her time was spent playing with and petting Fei.

Once Krane was ready for them, she frowned slightly at hearing Suzzio would be reassigned. However, she didn't say anything and only nodding in understanding. Her eyes lit up when Krane showed them the knives. She'd always wanted to learn how to use them, but...well...she was great at throwing flaming balls of death. But small metal slivers of pain? Not quite in her studies. However...those absolutely gorgeous swords were right up her alley. She kneeled down to scoop one sword up by the hilt then used the flat of the blade to jump the other up into her hand. She weighed them carefully then smiled at Krane's words. Wordlessly, she tested out his words and called on her teachings to form a fireball at the tip of one short sword. She flicked her wrist and launched it in the air with her right arm, then used her left to slice the fire ball. While she was far from a master with the weapons, she had a fairly good idea of how to use the swords one at a time. Swordplay was something she had to learn in the North until she learned to augment and strengthen her firebending. From what she did know though, the blades were beautiful and sturdy...they looked dull, but as the fish merchant once told her: The blades that look dull and smooth, were often the sharpest and strongest.

She came out of her little daydream once Krane handed Tao her weapon. "Thank you..they are beautiful." She said to Krane. She didn't put them down, as she was trying to get used to the feeling of the weight of them. "Can they be connected to seem like one sword, or should I travel with them separated?"

Honor was found elsewhere from a band of thieves and killers, no matter how benevolent one believes himself to be. As the son of assassins, Suna adhered to this cruel albeit unvarnished reality – due to all the travels, the experiences of life, and the hardships that came upon him, all that was left of him was naught but acceptance. Dhune, however, held on to his wrongly placed munificence in spite of the world's apparent situation. It was understandable, however, for one such as Dhune to cherish something so… overrated. His canyon was no Si Wong Desert. The Great Divide held but a handful of dangers, from Canyon Crawlers to falling rocks and tremors. Life was harsh for the man and he needed as much assistance as he could get, but Canyon Crawlers were but ants in comparison of Sandsharks – the insects of the Great Divide were even tamed for crying out loud. Buzzard wasps blackened the skies when provoked by the ill begotten. If the sands of the Si Wong were to flood over the Divide, it would be akin to Atlantis and the ocean, emphasizing the vastness of his home. At night, the air bit weary travellers with a cold second only to the Water Tribes' poles. During the day, the sun threatened to give any and all inhabitants various cancers of the skin, heat stroke, and death, with a heat second only to the volcanic regions of the Fire Nation. There were no rocks or caves to provide shade and shelter. Even the Misty Palms Oasis suffered from the desert heart all through the years of its abject existence. Thieves and murderers roamed the land, stealing and pilfering from all – including one another. What the Si Wong lacked in candor, it made up for in variety. Suna remembered that in the days of his youth, his father told him that there were over a million ways to die in the desert – it was a shame then, that what took Sobek's life was not a hungry Sandshark, or a Sandbender thief, or skin cancer, but a broken heart. Knowing this, it was unsurprising that Dhune held on such beliefs: he was a white spot in a world riddled with grey areas.

The Sandbender smiled mockingly when Dhune talked about the former's lack of honor. Suna's newfound guilt and shame for ending the lives of others were still very much etched upon his heart, but he came across a much needed synthesis of two opposing viewpoints. Indeed, he was a killer and a thief, but after today, he held onto a new perspective: one that values life and cooperation more. Still, that was not blind acceptance. It was, in the very least, toleration. Suna would still verily and willfully kill, but he would do it if he were truly, truly sure. It was then, at that very moment, that the maddened Dhune threw a boulder towards the Sandbender and the Airbender. Suna's newfound state of learning emerged when he acted against his outburst of anger and method of discipline. It lacked finesse and it was, if anything, not the way Dhune taught Suna. Fortunately, both he and his female companion evaded the boulder. It was all thanks to Rae. "Dhune," Suna whispered, trying to calm him down. The tone that enveloped the word spoke of humility with a tad bit of anxiety. "Stop this. This isn't the way to teach us a lesson. In fact, you can't just hurt Rae because she's annoying you, man!" He looked at Rae's intently, giving her a nod of assurance and gratitude, whilst holding her wrists firmly to prevent her from launching herself at Dhune in anger and vengeance. He stood; a bit crouched in order to duck and dodge whatever else Dhune sends his way. "If anything, it'll only make us stick to what I believe is right! Is hurting your teammates in hopes that we'd swallow your viewpoint 'honor?' " The crazed Dhune had no choice. A father can never convince someone anything by giving them the rod of discipline, only the understanding of words. Suna was fortunate enough to change due to guilt, but it wasn't a complete and utter avoidance of death but rather an acceptance of a more efficient way to end lives – only those who are unworthy, and nothing more.

"Please," He said, looking at Naomi while she talked, praying to the spirits that Dhune won't turn on her as well, "Stop!" He had no choice. With a final sigh, Suna closed his eyes and leapt forth. With his fist balled and raised as if ready to sock his brother in arms in the jaw, he rushed to his mentor and brother and friend in an attempt to simply punch him square in the kisser. He knew full well that it was a foolish stratagem to employ, but if Dhune really wanted Suna to 'have a taste of his own medicine,' then so be it, so long as his two female companions don't get hurt for his own mistakes again. Suna believed full well that their mistake was their last. There needn't any pain. He did this with fervor; his eyes locked unto Dhune's, burning with both anger and shame. It burned not with fear, but with courage. His mentor was more powerful, yes, but Suna was so sure that with their current situation, the real strength emanated from the self-sacrificial Sandbender.

Rae-Lee gripped her dagger tightly in her hand, tight enough to make her knuckles turn white. Seeing Naomi join the fun, attacking the boulder before it could do damage to the surrounding forestry. She took a step towards Duhne, prepared to split him down the middle in her rage but was unable to move much more as Suna held her wrist. Catching the weary glance from Naomi, it almost added to her anger as she too wanted to deny Rae the chance right the situation her way. Rae huffed at Suna's pleading voice towards Duhne and nearly laughed at her annoying Duhne. Me? Annoying? Hmm, maybe just a little, Rae-Lee thought to herself. Rocking back on to her heels and taking a step back as she was still limited in what she could do. "Bloodshed is unavoidable, they were only an obstacle in our way and if you think otherwise, well you then maybe you should join them in death," Rae-Lee said. She was right in a way and wrong in other ways. There was always going to be need to spill blood, their own blood or an opposing force's. It was perhaps to avoid so much bloodshed that could be avoided. At the moment, while her anger ruled over her and the only reason she saw was that of blood she was in no condition to listen to peace talks.

People are unreliable, always changing, she thought to herself sadly. As Suna launched himself at Duhne fully intending to punch him in the face, her first thought was to follow him into the fray but she couldn't make herself move. Instead of moving forwards, she moved back a step. Step by step she moved away from the sight of the distraught and troubled group of three. She continued to move away until her back made contact with a tree in which she stood there and watched. The distance between them was enough to ensure nothing she could do would reach them. Rae's rage had subsided to anger in which made her want to flea from the site but her sense of loyalty prevented her from going much further. They were still pleading with Duhne, still hoping he would calm down.

Rae was unsure if their efforts would do any good, it seemed the peace in Duhne had temporarily been morphed into anger. The first time they had met in the Treetop Village was rather interesting as she certainly would have killed someone if he hadn't intervened. It was also what started the dislike between the two of them, his need to not spill blood and her insatiable need to spill blood. Jet was sure Duhne would be able to help her see past her anger and bitterness but was of yet unble to do so. In truth, seeing the same insatiable need for blood in Suna had gotten through to Rae. It was a connection that she needed, the stablity. The loss of her father had made Rae an angry unstable ticking time bomb. Any little thing could set her off and those who were near by were forced to endure her anger. The connection with Suna, the same hatred for the Phoenix Kingdom they shared had grounded her. She was still angry but she was not as likely to lash out at those around her for no reason.

It was true. The words of Suna and more over the words of Rae-Lee fell on deaf ears. Even if they accepted what Duhne said, and he would be able to at least remotely feel if they were sincere, there would be no stopping him now. Duhne was set on showing them what their attitudes would provide if they kept them. More over, Duhne was a vessel for the spirits, and when provoked, they acted out however they could. Duhne and his rage became a spiritual weapon, and as he was powerful before, he would only grow more so now. "You are all fools," Duhne muttered in a guttural, barely audible voice as Suna rushed at him. The green, glowing and now ominous lights on his tattooed chest grew brighter and he allowed his actions to grow dull for a moment, closing his eyes and feeling the world around him. As he drew strength from it, the earth and the spirits that inhabited it poured their wills into them. They were nearer Ba Sing Se where the ground was torn asunder for the new city walls, and to anyone that could hear their cries, these spirits were in pain and anguish. They waited for a release, and this was it. The secret Duhne held is that his spiritual awareness made him just as much a liability as it did a powerhouse of raw bending strength; a secret shared only with Jet.

"You cannot survive alone in the Great Divide," Duhne said in a louder, still guttural tone. It didn't sound like his normal soft voice, although it was obviously him. "You pathetic little boy; you don't even realize you couldn't survive alone in the Si Wong Desert. Life requires honor, you are just blind to it," Duhne added. As Suna finally neared him enough to land his punch, Duhne opened his eyes to reveal they glowed a bright green akin to the Avatar state. Spirits had overwhelmed him. This wasn't Duhne. Not anymroe. The body of Duhne lifted its hand quickly, in a motion that seemed lifeless and autonomous. A large, solid stone hand rose up from the ground to literally grab Suna at a rate far faster than any natural earthbending had ever made. Even Duhne could not bend the earth this fast, not normally. Duhne then proceeded to launch out a wave of earth from a solid slam of his foot into the ground, causing a tremor that created an earthen wave large enough to topple trees and destroy their closest wagon. This was a display of raw power, and these spirits were embracing it.

"All of earth is one, Suna," this new entity said, "the Great Divide, the Si Wong Desert, Kyoshi Island, the Air Temples, the volcanoes of the Fire Nation - all you have done is create imaginary borders." Even if Suna managed to escape the hand, it would be unwise to even near Duhne at this point, let alone attack again. "All of this world is one, all life shares the same world. Even the nations you created, the Kingdom that tore our homelands apart, is nothing but a figment of the pride of mankind that will eventually fade away into history. The world will eventually return to its natural state and although it hurt to be torn apart and dug into to create an idol for man, that pain fill fade. More pain and even death will not fix what man has done, but that is what you seem to believe. I know of the Si Wong Desert, it is my brother, my sister and my friend. It part of me. I am part of it. You need not kill and thieve to survive there, fool; as a matter of fact, if there were truly no honor there, you would be dead. You were taken in, were you not? The sandsharks guided you to clarity, did they not? You saw life being taken only because of other men, not because of the world you live in. You saw blood spilled only because of blind men like you whom demand it." At this point, it was nearly confirmed. This wasn't Duhne. Duhne didn't even know some of the things being said. Jet never told him, and Suna and he never got along enough to share. This was the communion of spirit and man fueled by the rage and passion of Duhne, and far more powerful than he. If this spirit wanted to kill anyone, it would have, but it hadn't. They were safer now than they were while Duhne had control. Duhne intended to hurt them. Duhne had full intentions to show them what happened in a world where bloodshed was inevitable and there was no honor among allies. It was because Duhne forsook his ways that these spirits intervened. He could not acted with the power gifted to him in such a heinous way if need not be, and the fact was, it need not be.

"You need not know my name, Suna," Duhne said, "but you need to see what he sees. You need to see life. You need to see that he was right and wrong all at once. I will show you, but I warn you, it is a painful sight to see and the guilt you will feel will do more than mirror his, for you deserve greater sorrow. I cannot gift you the power he has, either, so you will shoulder a burden without award and without respect, for you did not earn it as he did. If you will not listen to me, boy, you will answer to him, and I promise you he is the far less forgiving one." With a gentle tap of his foot, the body of Duhne sent out a small wave through the earth that leveled it out, making it appear as if nothing happened. The grass that was sheared apart appeared as if freshly grown, the broken tree trunks sewn together as if by a master tailor. This was not just earthbending. This was far more. The earthen hand that protruded from the ground receded as if it were never created. Duhne, with his glowing green eyes and brightly-lit tattooed chest, stood silently in front of the remainder of the group. "So, Suna, will you see the earth for the first time, or will you fight Duhne? I make it your choice because you have been touched by spirits in the past, so you may make use of this. You may not. But, without the avatar to speak for us, we must speak for ourselves," this new Duhne added.

It was pure power – that which exuded from the very being of what was once Dhune was naught more than the power of the spirits. In the days before his recruitment into the Rising, the Sandbender too, had been touched by these spirits albeit very faintly, as if a whisper in a world full of noise. When he braved the Foggy Swamp and discovered the Banyan-Grove Tree, he was urged to meditate not only by the native Swampbenders that thrived on the blessings given, but also by the illusion of his father that led him there. Underneath its world-spanning roots, he did so. In that moment of sheer peace and spirituality, the spirits gave him a vision of his dying father and at once, left it to go home. Suna was the true Prodigal Son, only his return did not reap any blessing upon his life save for one: revelation. His haste had failed him, for the Sandbender had been caught by an earthen hand. He felt the firm grip of the soil press upon his arms, legs, back, and stomach, denying him of breath. His eyes gazed upon the ruined wagon, scowling at the power of which he was beheld.

"You... you're one of them." He whispered faintly within his earthen prison, his entire body still gripped by the palm of the earth. His voice, husked by the pressure against him, slowly fell silent - the walls of the hand were too thick for any voice to escape. This spirit that possesses his brother was of the same, ancient entities that had given him the visions of his father, although the latter refused to make itself seen, only felt. Questions riddled Suna's mind from then on, looking down on what was once Dhune with a terror for his life. Was the Avatar more powerful than this? Possibly. The spirit continued to guide him into further clarity albeit with a stern tone of voice and to this, his willingness to kill had not been extinguished, only sharpened by focus. He desired not to search for blood, much like Dhune, but if ever the situation called for it, then it would be dealt. For now, however, their beliefs resonated the same message. In the blink of an eye, when Dhune erupted with the energies that recreated the scene before then, Suna was found on the ground – barely conscious, but steadily beating. He did not resist the vast knowledge that was given to him, coupled with the force that pressed against his very self, and though he learned, it couldn't be applied immediately. He nodded weakly at the spirit's suggestion, having a look of agreement etched upon his face. Without speaking a word, the weary Suna accepted to see the spirit's offer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Karan just watched, as the man's blood stained the ground beneath him. His killer was highly emotional waterbender who now is acting as if she didn't take someone life and send their spirit on their way. Not to mention she just got scrapped and was hanging out. What kind of psychopath was this girl turning out to be? He really didn't want to be the one to find out. The fight was over so he tried to pull away from even trying to figure out what going on in her head. At least, she said everything was fine.

"I'm doing fine." He said, looking over to Tenten

In the mean time, she was playing a nutty swamp lady. Thankfully, no one was looking at him so they could not see him trying to fight back laugh. His nose? How are you going to bite off his nose? You would be eating his boogers. Booger eater. Once the interesting interrogation was over Karan was more than happy to offer his opinion.

"Well we could give him a reason to not follow us, if we leave him here. Break his arm and he can't bend and give incentive and not to mess around. People who steal and even masquerade as bandits are not to be trusted. We can't risk them taking advantage of us. I know how harsh I sound, but in my experience, someone like this doesn't respond to much else. He has to have a reason to not call them. And Tenten, I think your demeanor is going a long way to do so, but those are just my thoughts."

Karan nodded, looking back over to the bandits, making sure they were doing anything of note. They weren't.

Last edited:
Blood. An ocean of blood. Ten thousand years of blood washed over Suna while his mind was being sent through the torrent the spirit showed him. Thick, warm and even viscous blood was the gateway provided Suna as his senses entered the world being created by the spirits. This was the blood of every living man whose life was stolen from him and seeped into the soil. This ocean of blood, or so it felt, was no more than an example of the trinkle of crimson that slipped from the flesh as the last moments of life slipped from the body. It took so much death to create the body of blood Suna was consumed by, and without any verbal recognition, this was an understood fact Suna and his mind were being exposed to. Duhne had lectured the group for ages about the blood of man that had been spilled onto the ground, but now Suna was experiencing it. As his mind and spirit were temporarily ripped from his body, Suna fell to the ground. Barely conscious, barely alive even, his a ragdoll on the ground. Duhne walked over to it at a leisurely place, or at least his body did. What Suna was being sent through now was a trial that the souls of most men simply could not bare.

Suna was eventually entered into blackness. The world around him began to shape itself with surreal color, mixes of browns and bieges, bright yellows and reds, all until it merged into an inky mess that clarified itself, like the ripples in a still lake. The world around him was the desert. His home. The hot sun bore down on him, the searing winds tore through him. This was the Si Wong, and Suna had returned home. Duhne stood before Suna, but only for a moment. Even Duhne turned into sand to be blow away into the wind, revealing a small push of blooming pink flowers native only to the Great Divide. This was the true form of the spirit. This bush, although almost entirely foreign to Suna, represented the Great Canyon. The bush bloomed once yearly, and its seeds were hard as stone. They waited until the rainy seasons of the canyon to bloom, and only grew in the floods. Then, the bush lasted all year long for when it settled, it collected massive stores of water underground in a root network, sometimes with other plants. This little bush found a way not only to live, but to help others live in the Great Divide, and that was the essence of the canyonlands. There was no voice here. No sound. Instead, the spirit spoke instead the mind of Suna, and did so through his own voice. "This is your home, not mine. But, you can still learn from the sand... each grain of sand, Suna, makes the desert. Each tiny grain of sand; the tiniest pieces of earth imaginable. The same can be said for you. Within your body, countless little lives, seemingly insignificant, keep you alive. They are thougtless. They are instinctive. They live to live, and help each other live for without all of them, they would die. Is a single piece of sand in a desert important? The little lives in you are; they make you. But just as the desert is part of a world, as are you, Suna."

The spirit spoke no more. Instead, Suna would be shown visions more literal. He would see his own skin flake apart and in front of him cut into thousands of pieces, just like the desert. No matter how small the pieces became, Suna was shown them in perfect clarity. He was shown what no microscope in the world could show him. As his skin was torn apart painlessly in front of him, he saw how it became strips of cells, strips of fat and nerves, and he saw the thousands of different parts of him work together. As he lifted his arm to feel the skin, he could see the muscles pulling. As they grew smaller, he saw each cell moving alongside countless others in unison. He saw his body, just as the spirit said, made of countless little lives. Little lives like grains of sand. If he lost one, it wouldn't matter. If the desert lost a tonne of sand, it would not matter. At least, not at first. It made sense soon. The more Suna lost, the less of himself he was. He nor anyone could work without the efforts of countless little lives. The world could not work without the efforts of countless little lives. Life itself was present everywhere and it was connected. The little lives in his own body were just as much responsible for anyone he helped in the Rising, any life he saved. Countless, thoughtless lives may have saved another life, or taken it. The fact that each person in the world existed just like the sand in the desert or the cells in the body was something the spirit could only attempt to communicate.

"To take life is forgivable, Suna, but you must know why... if one life, if a thousand lives, can help save so many more, then so be it... but understand that if the lives inside you acted as you have, it would be an illness. You would be weak, frail, inept... and what I am about to do you I am deeply sorry for," were the last words of the spirit. The next few moments for Suna would be filled with unending, torturous pain. He would be forced to feel the deaths of every person he had ever killed. In a string of moments, he would feel the last few moments of each life he had taken. He would be left bleeding onto the ground of his homeland, fading out as if he himself were to die. As blackness consumed him, he would awaken to Duhne holding his shoulder with his glowing green eyes. At this point, Suna sat upright and Duhne removed his hand, leaving a permanent mark on the shoulder of Suna where his hand had been. It was a light green, just as Duhne's tattoos were, and it was a perfect match for the hand that steadied him. This was the mark was the touch left by the spirit, and although he could not draw power from it as Duhne did, it would act as a constant reminder. Duhne, meanwhile, stumbled back onto the ground. His tattoos dulled and his eyes glazing over while his body convulsed briefly.

Everything went to plan -well as much of the plan as Makki had before shouting for Tenten to follow her- and the bandits were trapped/dead. Threat averted and Makki could try to keep her eyes off the dead man behind her. It took a lot of willpower for Makki to not feel sick at what she'd done. First kill and it felt absolutely terrible but if Makki wanted to take down the Phoenix Kingdom a few eggs had to be cracked. For now she had to play it off as she was okay and she'd done this before. Play it off and pretend.

That was when Tenten suggested they take the bandit with them. That was a stupid idea for so many reasons that Makki didn't really want to voice them then and there. Then again not taking him meant more fighting and more death. Makki could do with less killing at the moment. She didn't like to imagine herself as the killer of some poor bandit. Yoshino worried about the scratch and said that Makki had some fine moves.

"Spent some time at an air temple. The uh... footing here wasn't as good as I'd like and I screwed up. Also I haven't practiced that in a long time. I wasn't supposed to kill him... I wanted to stop the spear short but I misjudged the distance. Also, it's done bleeding already. No point in wasting time tending to a paper cut. I've had worse before." Makki explained, nervously playing with her hair as she spoke. She didn't like showing off, but it felt good to finally get a compliment out of these people. Then it was to the matter at hand, the bandit. "Much as I don't like it, we should take him. I don't want to deal with more bandits right now. I look calm and collected but lemme tell you, I'm not a big fan of killing people."

Makki looked at Karan. Clearly he didn't like her. He didn't even address her question instead deferring to Tenten. Frankly, it angered Makki a lot. Makki was trying to be a good agent of the Rising and they killed people. She was trying and she wanted to get along with these people for at least the short duration. That made it easier to steal their change and copper pieces at night. A girl had to survive on something to get by.

"Also, gonna say this now but... Kara what is your deal? Like, did you accidentally earthbend a boulder up your butt? Since camp you've been glaring at me. Tell me now before we all go separate ways in the Rising because I wanna know." Makki, who didn't know when to stop running her mouth kept going without slowing down,"Or do you just favor Yoshino because she has a better chest than I do? I'm not blind. I am stupid, rash, admittedly bad with my temper of late, but I've got you pegged, Karan."

sNahtC9.png

~"What if I wanted to break"~

Spirits rarely ever interacted with humanity, not since the times of the Avatar and it was this that made the scene that much more spectacular as Naomi watched. She would have attempted to intercept the earth hand but with her water reserves depleted upon dealing with the boulder she was unable to intervene. For a moment she was scared that Dhune was about to crush Suna, his body left to the same consistency of the very sand he used to fight with, but no such action came to pass as Dhune began to speak in a voice far different from his own. The words were chilling, abrupt and demanded attention to those it was directed at. it spoke with absolution and threatened thoughts that would challenge it. Whatever spirit had chosen to speak through the body of Dhune must have been an entity of true power, a true spirit of earth. Dhune had taught Naomi a little about the ways of spirits, but it was an area that the earth bender only touched upon with her as a way of better understanding the way of the world. As the two began to still in their movements, Naomi began to draw in new water from the air before stowing it back into her pots. "We mustn't interfere" she said both to herself and Rae. She was unsure if there were actual repercussions of intervening with the will of a spirit, but if it was anything like the tales of the Avatar than she wasn't willing to test the theory.

And so the young water bender waited, watching in case something... anything could happen that she could help with. She took a seat on her sleeping mat, crossing her legs as she took a few steadying breaths, watching as the tattoos upon Dhune's arms emitted a steady glow of green. As the time passed it seemed like the two were almost frozen in time, a state of peace as the spirit bestowed it's visions upon the sand bender, though as it came to an end and Suna sat up, Naomi stood once more and made her way over, taking two clay cups from one of the bags. To say she was lost for words was an understatement, she didn't even know what to ask or where to begin in what had actually happened between the two. Because of this she merely used her water bending to separate the water in her pouch into two clay cups before presenting them towards Suna and Dhune. Of course since Suna had sat up she handed him a cup first before she would help Dhune up from the ground, handing him the water. Once it was clear that both of them were alright and steady again she took a small breath, collecting their cups before returning them to the bag on the wagon. It was strange that she had nothing to say to them, or perhaps she was upset with them for what had happened... maybe even fed up with the conflict. All that could be certain, was that she was glad they were ok which was made evident from the soft smile that held upon her features before she'd disappeared behind the caravan, likely to check up on everything.

From rivulets to a vast ocean, Suna was saturated in the red of ten thousand years worth of taken life. In the form of a wave, the Sandbender drowned in the viscous crimson of countless individuals. Amidst this sea, all was covered but a hand reaching for the surface. Before long, Suna opened his eyes again only this time, to find himself in an ever-changing scene. From darkness, to the desert that was his home, to the Great Divide. The surrealism that enveloped Suna was overbearing, and the happenings came and went like a whisper in the wind. From the disintegration of Dhune, to his own crumbling, to the excruciating pain – all had happened too fast to even fathom. It was ephemeral to say the least, maybe even a tad bit shorter, but one thing was for certain: the voice of the spirits and the consummate knowledge it brought to the table. Suna embraced the words in spite of its sharpness and, in full revelation of his misdoings, awoke.

"Wh-where are-" he was cut short by the anxiety of his breath, racing alongside his ever-beating heart. He could do naught but exasperate, his words could not come into completion, and his mind was warped by realizations upon realizations. His hand gripped his heart as sweat trickled down from his pallid cheeks. Untangling his scarf to wipe himself dry, Suna stood and leaned on a tree. The water Naomi handed to him was of little help, as nausea overtook the Sandbender's body quicker than an Eel Hound racing on land or on water. Gripping his stomach, Suna gagged as if wanting to puke, and did so as it was the sickest he's ever felt in life. Though he said none of it, the words of the Spirit of the Divide resonated within the corners of his psyche.

Rae could only stare in what seemed like awe, though it could also be seen as horror or maybe shock at the scene before her as Duhne became a mere symbol. A symbol her mind and anger refused to accept, but at the same time she understood. Without her father Rae would not have been here, without the annoying chatter from her sister she would not know which berries she could and couldn't here. Unfortunately, it gave credit to her mother. The thought made her scowl and she shook her head. All her mother did was bring her into the world, nothing more. It was true, no single person coud survive on their own. It was a simple truth. It was a complex truth. In her curiosity, Rae crept forwards to the possessed Duhne and ensnared Suna. It was not until the large stone hand sprang from the ground that she scrambled back. Despite her blood lust, she had no wish to shed her own blood.

Nothing was happening to her, yet she felt torn in many ways. Her anger at Duhne for attacking her earlier was still present and her sense of self-preservation raged war on the other as she stood rooted in place. Her anger wanted blood. It always did. Her self-preservation wanted her to flee and go far from here. At the same time, her loyalty to Suna and confusion for his past actions had it out for each other. Her loyalty demanded she fight the spirit who had him ensnared. Her confusion merely wanted her to ask him or rather demand answers. In the end, surprising, it what Naomi said that settled it. No interference. Her anger was forced to settle for simply refusing to adknowledge Duhne while her self-preservation had her sit on the ground quietly. Her loyalty took over as both Duhne and Suna were no longer held captive by the spirit.

She leapt from the ground and went immediately over to Suna who looked worse for wear. There were only a few scrapes and bruises on his body. But Rae-Lee had a feeling the damage done to him was more to his psyche than to his person. She was no healer but even if she were there was nothing she could do. Useless. That's how she felt now. Someone she cared for was unwell and there was nothing she could do. "It's okay, it will be," Rae-Lee said. Unlike her usual rough tone, the tone that normally bit into those around her. Rae's tone was now soft and concerned. She offered no such words of reassurance to Duhne. As far as she was concerned it was Duhne who had caused the disruption. Rae layed a comforting hand on the small of his back, a small but loud gesture to convey her concern more than her words could express.

Removing her hand, she went to sit down on her mat and crossed her legs. Laying her hands on her knees as she closed her eyes and began taking steady breaths. It was a calming technique. One taught to her by one of the many annoyingly persistent tutors her grandparents had bought out to teach her. It was the only technique that worked. She breathed in through mouth and out through her nose. Her hair being lifted off her back and neck with every exhale as she focused on controlling her anger. Inhale, exhale, inhale, exhale.
"Focus Rae, the sound of your breathing," Rae whispered to herself in her efforts to relax.

Tenten's eyes went from person to person as each gave their input. She was so grateful that her teammates were cooperative. They didn't bicker like children all the time, they respected her, and they were supportive. To this day, it was taking a while for her to get used to. Her brat of a daughter caused some shaky confidence that would be remedied through the experiences shared with these fine people.

Humming thoughtfully, she looked to the Earthbender. The votes were mostly put towards taking him along with them. There was the issue of his bending though, and his bandit brothers being somewhere out there. He needed to be disabled, but also protected from further harm, lest they anger any lurking enemies. They wouldn't be pleased to see their leader getting roughed up further.

Tenten opened her mouth to say something as she turned her head to the group again. She silenced though when she realized Makki was still talking. To Karan. About their... Issues. Though tempted to tell them to stop it, she kept quiet this time. Talking this out might help them. She could trust the two to not behave like savages, should things get heated. Not that she had any right to make such a request, considering her personality...

With her bare feet comfortably planted on the grass, she took in a breath and made a gesture in the air, as if to signal someone to come over. A vine snaked its way down a thick tree trunk that was close by, making way to the bandit so it could coil around him. They could leave just his wrists and ankles tied, but she preferred the extra cautious approach. When he was squeezed nice and tight, with just enough room to breathe, she looked over her work with evident satisfaction. Then, her face went serious. "You will not attempt to bend using your feet. Because if you do, I'll see it, and I will deliberately trip you. And I will let Karan-giri break your arm." A growl punctuated the warning. Tenten was very focused on this mission of hers. These three had suffered the wilderness quite enough. "Okay, woman, jeez! Just don't bite my nose!" he snapped.

With Tenten's help, the bandit was stood up. He wobbled at first, all the while mumbling colorful words. She held onto a length of vine that hung from behind him, to be used like a leash while they walked. It was humiliating for him. Not for her, though!

"Looks like we're on our way!" Tenten announced, to let everyone know they were set to get on the right path out of here. Their prisoner was eager to get moving as well. The sooner he got them out of here, the sooner he could be set free.

"Fascinating, huh?" Red eared, and grinning wide, Tao laughed quietly as she repeated Zarina's words to herself. "Ya' know, I think that's the first time someones every said that to me." It was an odd thing to require in a friend, but like all the times before, Tao had to remind herself that Zarina was from a totally different lifestyle. The EarthBender was honored enough knowing that Zarina respected her fighting style, but now that she knew Zarina thought of her as friend, Tao couldn't help but get a little giddy.

"I do have your back though. As a friend, and as a teammate." It felt cheesy to say, but it was the truth. Growing silent as she continued to search for clothes, she turned her head to a set of clothes along the dresser to next to her. Grabbing the clothing, Tao cleared her throat and threw Zarina a quick glance, "I'm gonna' go try this on really quick. Be right back.~" Hurrying away and changing behind a back curtain, Tao emerged minutes later in much cleaner clothes.

Similar to the long robes in her village, an open collared, dark green robe hung over a lighter green turtleneck. The sleeves of the robes ended at her elbows, and the fabric was soft and flowing. Beneath the robe was a lighter green turtle neck. A little formal looking, white buttons were symmetrically lined from the neck down, while the sleeves of her turtle neck rested comfortably along her wrists. Sharing the same shade of green as the robe, large, and comfortable pants covered her legs while a black, leather belt kept them from falling off her waist. Pulling on the white leg warmers she was wearing before, the thick clothing clung to her calves and ankles, clamping the bottom portion of her pants to her legs. Now comfortable in her own skin, Tao strolled away from the booth as she adjusted some black gloves over her hands before fixing her hair.

While finding it odd that they weren't allowed to go with them, once Krane returned back to the group Tao was quick to notice Suzzio had in fact, not returned with him. Catching their leaders eye, a sudden chill ran down her back forcing her silent, and still as she watched him step close to Tanvi. Something in the back of her head told her not to ask about the other Fire Bender, so as the conversation seemed to step around the fact that their other teammate wasn't here, Tao decided to go along with it.

Receiving the staff, Tao looked over the weapon in her hands slowly, and carefully. "Thanks!" Not one to depend on a weapon, the brunette was more then ready to learn how to use the staff both in combat and in sync with her bending. Twirling it awkwardly in her fingers, the edge of the pole knocked against the side of her head with a hard 'dink'.

"Ah!" Stumbling to the side, Tao caught the staff in her hand firmly before catching herself.

"Guess I should learn how to use it, before I play with it." With a steady hand holding the end of the weapon, she balanced the staff over both of her shoulders as her arms hung lazily around the pole. Still weary about Suzzio's disappearance, Tao kept her mouth shut and instead tried to further the current conversation. "So what's our next move, boss?" She said, full attention now falling on Krane.

And so, Krane told them their next move. The group was going topside, back to an oasis-entrance. Just not the same one. The entrance, or in this case exit, they were destined for was North of where they entered. It only made sense; the group was headed to the Treetop Village. It was another long walk through pitch black caves being led by Krane, tugged by rope and pulled through damp darkness. The walk, for the most part, was quiet. Without Suzzio acting as an inquisitor to Krane and with the group itself more focused on getting through the intricate cave system, there was no need for menial conversation. As a matter of fact, since they had their major introductions out of the way and they were effectively added to the group, there was less reason to bring up small talk. The silence of their walk seemed like it was one of the first times that the group seemed like a coherent group instead of a bunch of benders whom just met. Of course, the four had already went through quite a bit together in their brief time at the Underground City. Astonishing news, new equipment, a better understanding of what the Rising really is, and of course meeting Uquolaan, its leader. This was the real beginning of this chapter of their lives.

Once they finally found the hot sun outside the cave system, Krane stretched and stopped at the cave entrance. The group was unwinding itself from the safety rope it used, and stocking up on water while they had the opportunity. Outside the cave, there was no reason to focus intently on where they were going, so there was no real inhibiting factor on conversation. Before much talk could be sparked though, Krane reminded them, "And, this is where I want to test you!" Krane smiled facing the group, a smirk really. He was excited about getting some 'real exercise', plus he wanted to see what Zarina was made of. "Tao will face off against Tanvi later. Zarina, I want to see what you can do. I want to see how you bend. I want to see what kind of talent you really have," he added.

Status
Not open for further replies.