Are you a good cook?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pretty good, but wouldn't sign up for master chef. Half my cooking is basically an improv class.

Last edited:
I thought I was a good cook until maybe a year ago... I know people much better and more passionate about the kitchen than I am.

I've gotten spoiled having enjoyed the dishes of Korea, Japan, and the Philippines lately.

Reactions: Greenie
Fuck yeah I can.

Just give me a microwave, four minutes, and whatever's left in the fridge.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Greenie
Fuck yeah I can.

Just give me a microwave, four minutes, and whatever's left in the fridge.
Cook me a hot pocket for our date tonight <3

I'm proud to say that I'm usually the one to make the meals for the whole family on Christmas/Thanksgiving/insert-holiday-here. Dad had to pass his knowledge onto somebody.

So yeah, I can cook. And I can cook pretty well.

I just, uh, can't seem to get the microwave to work right...

I've only really FUBAR'd one dish, and it was hotdogs because I forgot to set a timer on the stove (boiling). The end result was two charred weenies, a burn ring on our countertop, and a few stains in one pan that have since mostly faded.

Since then, I've become master of the art of using a timer, and can predict with accuracy how long until a thing boils (7 minutes on the back burner, eight on the front), and how long to let the eggs simmer for hard-boiled eggs (17.5 minutes), and how long a pot of water takes to boil for spaghetti (16 minutes), and soup takes nine minutes to be ready to eat.

Timers, man. Timers. It's all about getting that time and heat level juuuuust right. ;3

Reactions: Turtle of the Tired
I am a goddess of all things domestic. I can cook, bake, clean, do techie work, do moderate household repairs and yardwork. You just gotta convince me to do it D:

As far as just cooking goes, I am damn good at it. I went through my "oh my god, that's horrible!" Experimentinf early on in my teens and seem to have it down now. I can rescue food that gets botched cuz of too much or too little ingredients, under or over cooking, etc. I can tweak recipes or come up with my own on the fly, i tend to know cook times and heats without needing reference, and usually if i look up a recipe its for something new and exciting and its not jibberish or hard. :3 its nothing for me to spend all day tending something in the crockpot or in the oven to get it just right. I do get a little heat sick sometimes and wont be able to eat myself until i cool down for a bit, but that's fine, I enjoy cooking... But someone else better do the dishes! D:<

I'm lazy so I don't have the patience to even consider trying to learn how to cook properly. I can whip up some quick simple stuff if I happen to be starving but that's pretty much it.

For some reason, half of the time, my cookings taste like nothing or just plain weird. I don't know how to spice.

Passible, with simple things. I can get by if theres no one to cook for me.

It really depends on who you asked. I will say yes, so long as it have a recipes to follow. I just don't care for cooking. I find it exhausting and super boring. So I try not to do it as much as I can. If you ask some other people, I should not be allowed in the kitchen alone. It's most likely because I find handling raw meat disgusting *shutters*

Status
Not open for further replies.