Any one play Nationstates here?

5 hours ago: Following new legislation in Vandoosa, Lord God Emperor Xentra has been self-declared as the Most Supreme Magnificent Overlord of Everything You Ever Saw.

Completely fucked up a lot of stuff.. and ecomoy dropped down to Strong.. but can be rebuilt pretty fast!

Wahahaha

October Le Leche is now official ironfisted ruler of Irongarb!

A small nameless nation within your sphere of influence has gone on a genocidal rampage within its own borders, ridding itself of what their Supreme Ruler For All Eternity, Emperor Declan Strange, refers to as 'those filthy Bigtopians'. Some escaped refugees are requesting that your government do something to end the slaughter of millions.
[h=5]The Debate[/h]
  • "They're killing everyone!" gasps Randy Thiesen, one of the refugees. "I implore you to please intervene and stop this murder of my people! If Vandoosa has any compassion at all then it must help us! With these madmen out of power we can finally go about rebuilding our nation as a land of justice and freedom!"

• "Woah, woah, we can't just go around being a knight in shining armour for every random hell-hole on this planet," says Stephanie Steele, your minister of Foreign Relations. "Should we send citizens of Vandoosa into war just so we can save a bunch of foreigners? I don't think so! Now, I'm no xenophobe, but I've gotta ask: what's in it for us? Nothing but the death of our soldiers and criticism from the rest of the region, that's what. Trouble is we're getting too much of a reputation for having a big army. So drop some of our military funding and let them fight their own wars. It's got nothing to do with us."

• "Well, maybe this nation does have something we need, sir," says Lars O, your Military Advisor, while perusing a giant map of Vandoosa. "We're fast running out of land and resources here, so why not invade this place, kick out whoever's in power there, and take over? We've got the military power, so why wait? If any of those hippies in the region have somethin' to say about it, they can say hello to our missile programmes, haha!"

This is the position your government is preparing to adopt.

• "They have as much right to their own internal politics as we do," says activist and peacenik Marleen Cheswick. "While their actions may be deplorable by our standards, we can't intervene unless the legitimate government requests it. It's just an invitation to anarchy on an international scale, and nobody but a few crackpots want that."

Isabellas are trying to help them! They can join us in our perfect utopia!

#4 in rudest citizens!

This is a silly issue.. but meh.. why not... streakers are funny!

[h=5]The Issue[/h] After a sixty year old man with psoriasis streaked past cameras and millions of sports fans during the snooker league playoffs, protesters have called for tougher action.
[h=5]The Debate[/h]
  • "This can't go on!" says traumatized snooker player Lars de Jong, "Children are watching sports and having them exposed to this lewd behaviour is unacceptable! I demand that these people be locked up for several years and maybe they'll have learnt their lesson!"

• "Oh don't be ridiculous!" scoffs prolific streaker Marleen Tprov, "It's all just a bit of fun and the kids shouldn't be wrapped in cotton wool, or they'll learn nothing! Sports are so dull anyway, it needs a little bare skin to liven it up. Streaking should be legal!"
[h=5]The Government Position[/h] The government has indicated its intention to follow the recommendations of Option 2.

Zombie outbreak on nationstates wtf!

The People's Republic of Vandoosa is a huge, safe nation, ruled by Lord God Emperor Xentra with an iron fist, and remarkable for its parental licensing program. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 893 million, 438 million of whom are zombies, are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.

Funny though since Weenie Dog won't make a nation can calls us "Nationstates zombies"... He totally called it.

Economy hit ALL-CONSUMING today.

Irongarb - Defense and strong economy with hardly any tax due to near non-existent social welfare. Delicious.

Yeeees. Now it will be a matter of time before Weenie Dog cracks.. if he has not all ready.. and just has not told us his Nation yet..

I quite enjoyed NS and it's community for a time. On the surface it's a nice place. Once you get further it all falls apart into crude elitist people who will viciously tear you to shreds because they don't like the way you think.

How did Gaveo manage to keep anarchy around at that size? Seems so hard to do..

How did Gaveo manage to keep anarchy around at that size? Seems so hard to do..
Well Gaveo isn't a anarchy, its just the WA is weird. :/

We are a Democratic Presidential Republican government. We just value civil rights and political rights a lot.

Trying to drive political freedoms to 0.. But keep civil rights as high as possible but all so maintain a massive economy.. Gotta get more work done on health care and education again too.. All so want to see what happens when tax rate hits 100..

ISSUE Several major city streets were clogged with bicycles this morning, as the environmental group 'Two Wheels Good, Four Wheels Bad' staged a protest. Several hundred riders ambled through downtown streets, blissfully ignoring the torrent of abuse hurled at them by thousands of motorists running late for work.

Government stance "The only thing people are sick of is long-haired idiots riding their bicycles at two miles an hour on major thoroughfares," says committed motorist Daniel McKay. "People shouldn't be able to protest like this. The government needs to crack down on them."

I love how NS lets me crack down on hippies.

Damn hippies.

ISSUE Several major city streets were clogged with bicycles this morning, as the environmental group 'Two Wheels Good, Four Wheels Bad' staged a protest. Several hundred riders ambled through downtown streets, blissfully ignoring the torrent of abuse hurled at them by thousands of motorists running late for work.

Government stance "The only thing people are sick of is long-haired idiots riding their bicycles at two miles an hour on major thoroughfares," says committed motorist Daniel McKay. "People shouldn't be able to protest like this. The government needs to crack down on them."

I love how NS lets me crack down on hippies.

Damn hippies.
Haha.

THAT is how you run a country.

What about this one? Normally subsidize newspapers but went with the evil option this time.. Just want to see what side effects it has..

It has been revealed that many of Vandoosa's newspapers are deep in red ink. Opinions are divided on whether or not the government should intervene.
[h=5]The Debate[/h]
  • "There is no real problem here," says noted economist Colleen Jamieson. "If newspapers are no longer selling, they shouldn't exist in a free market economy; let capitalism take its course. Who cares if a few newspapers go under? Besides, it's probably good for the digital industry, right?"

• "You can't just allow the newspaper industry to die!" panics newspaper editor Sue-Ann Summers. "We are the core of our nation's news media! Where will the talk shows, internet news sites, and other media outlets get their stories from? We're their sources after all! Vandoosa needs newspapers to inform the populace! Just allow us to be exempt from taxation and I'm sure we will recover. After all, quality news is worth the price!"

• "Why bother subsidising when we can go all out and take back control of the media!" muses one of your innumerable advisors. "Newspapers are full of sensationalised, makey-uppy events designed to sell more papers and they ignore what really matters - like what we the Government are doing for the people! As a bonus, there'd be no need for newspapers and stations to compete with each other, and job losses would be at a minimum, so everyone'll be happy."

• "Yu'r not attacking the problem," states elderly gentleman Woody Cane. "Newspapers will never be able t' compete with them internets. All you've got t'do is shut them newfangled things down. Problem solved!"

I've two 'official' nations and made several non official aka I use them but none know it's me. One's call Chaos Crescent the other Field of Merrilor. Too lazy to link it.