Annoying things in video games

Discussion in 'THREAD ARCHIVES' started by King Weavel, Aug 9, 2009.

1. Awesomeness.

2. EUGH WHO LET THE LOSERS IN

3. The fact that you can only save at the end of each Act in Colony Wars and Colony Wars: Vengeance. Good in theory, bad in practice.

Each Act can have 1-5 missions, and unless you're on cheats or you have finished the game at least once, you cannot retry missions. This adds to the effect of the game's multiple mission paths, though.

4. Okay, before we really get stared on any serious roleplays, I would like to get to know all of the members. so can you give a short introduction, your favorite type of roleplay and... I don't know, favorite food and a fun fact about yourself?

I'll start them off.
    I am Jello, I love a lot of fantasy, especially merged with science fiction and futuristic themes. My favorite food is fajitas with sour cream and cheese into a burrito. Fun fact... I am in fact, female. This is often questioned a lot of times for some reason. And I love to draw. I'm an artist. :)

5. "They were innocent and trusting as babies."

6. I know my gaming skills suck so the game I do play are umm.. well easy. But on the My Sims Kingdom.. I hate how you cant just walk around in the water more and go all over.. It sucks, minor I know but still.

7. I hate it when everyone is scared of the new monsters running around but when you get to them they die easily, that to me in an anticlimax.

8. Post your characters either approved or proposed, here, so we have a central repository for them.

Thanks!

9. (Original Poster: Mythy the Dragon-Wolf)

AUGUST 14, 2016
    PATTAYA, THAILAND
    @Razilin @Lonewolf888978
    Sendon and Neren watched as the other two men quickly and easily took down the final five men. They were both very skilled... and that detective truly seemed to have something more inside him. What business these two had with their enemy they did not know. But he was their enemy.

"You may call us Sentaro and Neren." Sentaro spoke for the pair of them. "And we shall not be leading you to The Black Weaver. We will head there together.. Make no mistake, whatever you have planned for him.. will not happen. We have been tracking our enemy and his minions for years." "Four, to be precise. And once we find him, the true Black Weaver... we will learn what he has done with our family. If this is understood, then we shall have no issues working together."

10. (Original Poster: Razilin)

AUGUST 14, 2016
    PATTAYA, THAILAND

The man in the trench coat made short work of the remaining goons and said, "Alright, Jackie Chan, you and the Wonder Twins there want to lead me to the Black Weaver? I want today to be over with."

"You may call us Sentaro and Neren," one of the twins, Sentaro, said. "And we shall not be leading you to The Black Weaver. We will head there together.. Make no mistake, whatever you have planned for him.. will not happen. We have been tracking our enemy and his minions for years."

"Four, to be precise. And once we find him, the true Black Weaver... we will learn what he has done with our family. If this is understood, then we shall have no issues working together."

Sam felt a little out of his element at the suddenly display of superpowers and this discussion of a man called the Black Weaver. The man in the trench coat seemed to have the most impressive abilities, having demonstrated the ability to phase through objects such as bullets. The twins seemed to have vastly superior physical abilities for their lithe builds and youthful faces. And this Black Weaver character the three were after....

Sam stripped off his stolen coveralls, revealing his normal attire underneath. He grunted, "Hold up a second. Got a few questions here." He pointed at the man in the trench coat. "One, who the hell are you?" His finger began moving between the detective and the twins. "And two, how the hell are you guys able to do the things you just did? And three, who is this Black Weaver character?"

He jerked a thumb toward himself. "Me, I'm Sam Ebayan. Just a guy trying to make the world a little safer wherever I go." He kicked an unconscious goon on the ground. "Idiots like these guys call me the Skullman. I'm here looking for some psychopath who's been buying up prostitutes and leaving them in shredded pieces. Branded and dead. My sources tracked him down to this building. I'm going to take a wild stab and guess that your Black Weaver and my brander are the same man. In which case, it seems all four of us will be working together."

As he spoke, Sam rifled through the pockets of the fallen goons, claiming a few knicknacks for his own. In addition to any loose cash, things like paperclips, pens, and anything else he thought he could use instantly went into his own pockets. If the others thought he was being a thief, so be it; what looked like petty theft to them was simply filling up his arsenal. He most certainly took advantage of taking a pistol and a few magazines, slipping the former into his belt.

"Got to admit, I've heard of some weird things in my travels, but I've never seen anything like you three. What's your deal and your guff with this Black Weaver?" Sam finished.

11. (Original Poster: Mythy the Dragon-Wolf)

AUGUST 14, 2016
    PATTAYA, THAILAND
    @Razilin @Lonewolf888978

Sendon and Neren had been silent ever since they had destroyed Varis. Some would have commended them for how much they might have helped the image, silent, stoic, deadly. The truth was, their hearts had long been hardened by pain and grief, and every time they had a run in with those.. monsters.. all that was dredged up, and they hid themselves behind a wall. Years ago, Neren would have teased Sam about the woman's innuendo, Sendon would try and reign him back.. now, they simply couldn't risk to show their true selves.

At Sam's words, Neren sighed and turned around, more shaken than his brother by the memories. "I told you before, we are the heirs.. perhaps the final living members of the Mentaris clan." he says softly. "Our family has had magic based around weapons for generations.. ever since we came into existence... and on the day we turned 18, the Weaver attacked... and by the time we woke up, everything was gone."

12. "That's because you keep to yourself."

13. "Maybe, but I didn't get depressed every fifteen minutes."

14. <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/GRIcUFq4-tw&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/GRIcUFq4-tw&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/b1GqaOiw6wI&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/b1GqaOiw6wI&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Always an annoyance...

15. Unnecessarily long RPGs with menu-based commands. We must make the switch to more action-oriented, seamless gameplay in RPGs! Take Jade Empire. Removed the "loot the room" interruptions for automatic gold pickup and eliminated all sorts of inventory doodads for seamless gameplay. Also, you get to physically beat shit up with two buttons instead of command prompts. Also, final chapters--best plot twist ever.

Take Marvel Ultimate Alliance. I only figured out the storyline the second time I played it. Because the first time I was too busy having fun breaking crap and ruining people's shit up. And its got a good comic booky story--its short, its simple, it pitted you against freaking Galactus. There was epicness all around.

16. This is a BIG pisser for SOCOM.

Haxors. Fuckers take all the fun out of simple deathmatches.

I mean, COME ON!!! Take the hit, you pussy! YOU CAN RESPAWN!!!

I think I know why they feel the need to hack...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jfBybGj-VGc&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jfBybGj-VGc&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

...because they saw it in the movies...

17. The blacklash from the Steam community towards Left 4 Dead 2.

I mean, talk about ungrateful...

18. Is it just me who fucking loved MGS4?

Seriously, g'damn.

19. I've recently begun playing a PS2 game named Persona4. Great game. Love the story. I've finally gotten to a point where I can control my character. The only part I don't like all that much is the story feel to it. Don't get me wrong I love it but I do feel as if I'm watching a movie rather than playing a game. Now that I can control my character it's not quite the same but there is still a vast amount of 5 minute dialogue scenes as well as Jap-English comedy translations. ;)

20. Similarly, I just recently got hold of a fascinating DS game called Scribblenauts, where the premise is that you can solve puzzles by using any word in the english language. Sound fun? Well, apparently they spent so much time coding in objects, they forgot to consider the fact that characters in video games are typically best controlled using things called arrow keys, and instead relegated camera control to those buttons, forcing you to control a spastic, hyperactive guy in a rooster hat by tapping on the screen. Sound bad? What if I told you that you also interacted with items by tapping on them?

So what we've got here is a 50-50 chance that when you're trying to drag objects around on screen, your character might instead think that you want him to jump right off an edge or into lava, which he'll happily do without hesitation. Congratulations, 5th Cell, for not realizing that by making everything controlled with a console-specific gimmick, you're sealing the way for massive dissatisfaction. If they made a game for the PS3, you could bet that they'd do something silly with the 6-Axis.