An age-old saying...

• Thread starter IntrusivePenDesperateSword
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Nice Execution!
Reactions: Greenie
Hey, when did this go from the ancient prophesy to roleplaying beginnings?

Oh well. FB. Not recommended for roleplaying, anyways.

I had to google what Neopets is.

I feel old. :'D
I somehow never ended up on Neopets either, though I've heard about it a ton (countless jokes about being banned or their pets wasting away).

Technically speaking, I guess I was a super nerd and started "roleplaying" as collaborative storywriting in person with my friend on notebook paper. We'd get bored in class and write stories together by writing a paragraph and passing the paper over.

I started out on this browser zombie apocalypse game called Urban Dead, so I'm a special and unique snowflake compared to all you cunts.

Found my way onto a forum RP board all about zombie games, got taken in by the nice people there who tolerated my TEEEEEEEEN bullshit, and I've kinda been going from there.

I somehow never ended up on Neopets either, though I've heard about it a ton (countless jokes about being banned or their pets wasting away).

Technically speaking, I guess I was a super nerd and started "roleplaying" as collaborative storywriting in person with my friend on notebook paper. We'd get bored in class and write stories together by writing a paragraph and passing the paper over.
My ex-girlfriend and I would RP like this when we were together. We'd pass a laptop or a notebook back and forth depending on where we were. When we weren't in the same physical location, we RPed over Google Chats.

• Love
  • Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Greenie and Kitti
I first actually roleplayed on World of Warcraft. I'd encountered but not understood roleplaying a couple times before that, via being invited to play D&D once and stumbling into RP games on Diablo 2. On WoW I joined one of the RP servers on recommendation from a friend and had no idea what it meant. One day I was running through Stormwind (human capital city) and saw someone yelling about a bar and that everyone should come and check it out. I wasn't sure what was going on, but I went to look.

I found a bunch of people hanging out and watching female characters dancing and taking their clothes off. They were also writing things in chat via the emote function to describe it. It was in fact a WoW RP strip club (called The Dungeon) and it was exactly as ridiculous as you would expect. I joined in because I was like 14 or 15 at the time and pixel titties jiggling in my face seemed like a good time. I learned the ways of roleplaying from watching and emulating the other deviants. My first non-group roleplay experience was with someone I met there, and of course eventually we did some smut RP. What else would you expect from people who frequent the RP strip club?

Neopets and Gaia ain't got shit on my cringy RP origin story. 8D

tbh pretty sure I got my start RPing by LARPing because my friends and I made up some pretty serious stories and played them out just as seriously well into the age of 12 (and then my friends moved away and/or were too cool for me)

do I win

• Love
I started on this shitty chat website which last I checked, is still shitty. I do not speak such evil no more.

I kept all my ideas in my head so I was one of those people who just thought of stories all by themselves and 'roleplayed', does that even make sense? Either way, I was a lonely child.

Then I found this place :)

Neopets and Gaia ain't got shit on my cringy RP origin story. 8D
Okay, so how about RPing as Inuyasha, Yu Yu Hakusho, Rorouni Kenshin, Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, and Digimon characters on Yahoo chats and FF.net boards tho.

I also RPed on a Sailor Moon site.

tbh pretty sure I got my start RPing by LARPing because my friends and I made up some pretty serious stories and played them out just as seriously well into the age of 12 (and then my friends moved away and/or were too cool for me)

do I win
I also did this. 8D

• Love
Okay, so how about RPing as Inuyasha, Yu Yu Hakusho, Rorouni Kenshin, Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, and Digimon characters on Yahoo chats and FF.net boards tho.

I also RPed on a Sailor Moon site.

I also did this. 8D
I dunno man, I think WoW strip club is worse than shitty fanfic roleplaying. :P

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Greenie and Jorick
I played Legolas once.
I played an edgy paladin who had forsaken his calling because he saw horrible shit in the war and had to put down family members that rose as undead, and so he turned to drinking heavily to cope with the pain. On three separate occasions he became possessed by things and either turned evil or had multiple personalities for a while. He was a walking angst factory.

I played an edgy paladin who had forsaken his calling because he saw horrible shit in the war and had to put down family members that rose as undead, and so he turned to drinking heavily to cope with the pain. On three separate occasions he became possessed by things and either turned evil or had multiple personalities for a while. He was a walking angst factory.
To be fair that's better put-together than some of the characters on my old WoW RP server, and I stayed away from the ERP crowd.

I had a Sailor Moon original character that I won't name because I'm paranoid that people will recognize him/me, but he was also an edgelord and was related to canon characters and got brainwashed a few times because that sure was not a thing that ever happened to male characters in that show.

Fun fact, I didn't even really do romance RP until I was like 16 because I thought kissy stuff was dumb 8D

• Love
I had my first roleplaying experiences on Sailor Moon Universe. 8D those were some shit and awesome days!

I got my start on the Lego forums. That was actually a pretty fun time.

The place I seriously got into it, though, was the Planet Minecraft forum. Now that was a time and a half.

I started on Fanfiction.net forums
Same! That was my first online roleplaying experience. The fact that all users can create and moderate their own forums was handy, but overall the roleplaying community there is rather... Scattered. Different roleplaying forum groups kept to themselves on one forum or another, and the roleplays didn't really have high posting standards. I made my own forum and got a group together that @circe was a part of - in fact, that's where we first met. xD

• Love
Reactions: Greenie and junebug
Fun fact, I didn't even really do romance RP until I was like 16 because I thought kissy stuff was dumb 8D
Okay this made me laugh x'D

I started on a chatroom that was part of the multiplayer version of a free online flash game called Dino Run.

It was a mess. There was only one chatroom where RP was allowed, and you basically had, like... a shitton of different stories happening at once, mainly independent of each other, and you just sort of... sought out an interaction with another player and went to town with it. But there were some fandom-based characters and some non-fandom-based things and all in all it was just a mess where nothing fit together at all. XD

I didn't start doing play-by-post until I found a site called Mweor, which was kind of like a hipster version of Neopets. :P That was where I was first introduced to the idea of one thread = one story, which was quite the departure from the mess that was Dino Run. XD

Status
Not open for further replies.