Am I the only one noticing this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please don't tell me this. Now I'm going to be paranoid about all my rp partners! @_@ The last thing I want to imagine is there's a thirteen year old kid on the other side of the screen that I'm cussing in front of and talking about people getting ripped to pieces. @_@ I'm more comfortable being unrealistically optimistic that all my partners are adults.

You say that as if most 13-year-olds aren't already familiar with cussing and gore.

Reactions: Gwazi Magnum
As has been pointed out: Popularity.

Also, teenagers.

Also, this is not a new trend to Iwaku, but it's more noticeable now with a greater number of people doing it. :D

Hm, I've heard of people disappearing before, but deleting accounts is new. Like others have said, the site is becoming more popular, so you're going to end up with more people who are new to RPing, try it out, and decide it's not for them. Most of them probably don't care enough about a bunch of people they just met online to explain that before leaving.

I notice this a lot too, and I notice that some people that have been here awhile disappear as well and this is going to sound creepy, but I use to see them around General all the time. The only two I can think of that are recent are.

Kylulu (I think) and helicialRebirth (I think that was the name of those two) and to me. Since I never talked to them, and they never posted anything in the Arrival/Depatures. They kinda just disappeared to me. I find it weirder when that happens, when they are here longer and go poof.

Hm, I've heard of people disappearing before, but deleting accounts is new. Like others have said, the site is becoming more popular, so you're going to end up with more people who are new to RPing, try it out, and decide it's not for them. Most of them probably don't care enough about a bunch of people they just met online to explain that before leaving.

Aye. And a lot of them are probably too unfamiliar with the community to realize how problematic or simply rude it is to just vanish. I feel like I can't blame a lot of them.

Like others have said, I imagine is drive-by drop ins who don't really know or understand the site.
They peek in out of curiosity, change their minds and then leave.

• More flakes who join and disappear.
This is why I rarely roleplay with completely new members xD It's so hard to know if they'll stick around or not. I get terrified when a new member answers my partner requests and I'm like "okay, they have 2 posts in the forum, no previous roleplays and no writing sample. This can go two ways. Hopefully it won't go the way I think it will go."

As for me, people have disappeared from the site, but usually they haven't erased their accounts, they have just become lurkers and then been back a year later or disappeared forever. At least that feels a bit better than if they erase their accounts, as there's still a chance that they will be back and might pick up the rp if you both liked it.

Reactions: Brovo
I haven't had it happen to me, but than again it wouldn't really bother me.
I don't have expectations when it comes to other people, because I often find that when you expect something you'll get let down.xD

Plus I have thought about deleting my account plenty of times, and I didn't feel like I owe anybody an explenation to why or how I got to my decision.
I'm here to write, nothing more.:p

Could be all the 13 year-olds and their short attention spans, mayhaps?

I digress.

It is a similar trend with unabashed and very blatant admin/mod abuse that caused me to leave the previous RP site.

Status
Not open for further replies.