AI: Apocalyptic Intelligence (Nivansrywyllian, Windsong)

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mario's confusion flickered to life as Elly took him from the suit, and began to jog back to the room she'd found him in. He was beginning to feel anxiety, and then panic swell within himself as they drew near. Was she going to put him back?

Was she going to leave him alone again?

Was she-

Taking him to retrieve her data. Shame replaced panic, and Mario made a throat-clearing noise. "That is well within my abilities. Some of the files may be damaged, but I will save what I can." He assured his partner.

"Please do~!" She crooned softly, rubbing her nose against the helmet in delight as she awaited his confirmation on the completed transfer.

On the drive was a handful of local maps, scanned, saved, and uploaded to the drive with nearly hundreds of custom marks added via secondary software, each one had an annotation next to it with a description of what she'd found or come across, some of them were off-hand reports from other people, their locations marked as well.

A few of them had large red swirls, the description bearing a drop pod she'd seen fall from orbit, whether it had survived impact, and if it bore any specific names or lettering.

Not to mention at least a thousand pictures of things ranging from flowers to alien creatures that aren't native to the planet. One in particular took up about forty pictures, a massive creature with a luminescent glowing body and many tendrils hanging down. A less focused but closer picture seems to have a man in one of it's tendrils drawing it up towards the center mass. The man is dwarfed ten times over by the thing. Some shots afterwards have it growing closer to the camera, and cuts off after that with coordinates of where she saw it and where she believed it was heading.

Right now, she was squatting near the helmet with a childish smile on her face as she waited, a bit impatiently if her bouncing was any indication.

The transfer took all of a minute. There was a whole lot of information, and the powerful little AI may have gotten somewhat distracted at looking at the items while he relocated them.

"Finished!" He said, when the last file was stored in the helmet's extra memory. "It seems like none of the files were damaged too badly to retrieve, or repair. Since the suit doesn't have any direct user-interface for file access, just let me know when you need the files. If you'd like, I could try to further research user interface with the suit for ease of access. We may even be able to upgrade it while we remain here."

As soon as he'd said done she picked the helmet back up, leaving the data pad there, surely if she needed to add any new data he could catalog it and save it as she deemed fit. Or he did, either or. Back to bounding down the hallway with the helmet snug to her stomach this time, far easier to find the showers again the second time around. "Go ahead and upgrade it if we can! As long as you don't change much I'm all for it."

((Short post. Sorries ;-; ))

Mario made an idle noise of assent, the kind that men made when their minds weren't on the conversation at hand.

A moment passed, and Mario spoke again.

"The storm has ended." He said, idly.

"Elly," He said again. "You said there wasn't much left. Topside, I mean. So... Would that be all of the buildings? Gone? All of the population centers?"

She knew the noise all too well and rolled her eyes, slowing her jog down to a stop as she entered the showers, the suit still wear she left it, luckily. Placing the helmet down atop the neat pile she began pulling off the undersuit a few moments after turning on the water. Already she could feel the warmth.
"Figured, no more thunder. Probably moved on. Some folks say they never stop, just keep moving. Without the weather sats its hard to say.."

As it was tugged off her ankles she paused, looking at the helmet with knitted brows. "Most of the major cities are rubble, not much survived, they were really precise they said. Anything more than three stories was hit. Rumor has it they used computers to target everything and then set them loose for a few days before running out of ammunition. But who knows, this place was in good shape." She recalled the massive storm with a sigh. "Mostly anyway. Plasteel stands up well to weather, but the acid wears our supports quickly." Again she was kneeling in front of the helmet, naked, and giving it a concerned expression.

"Why do you ask?"

For the moment, Mario's attention wasn't at all on the HUD. That was certainly lucky, as he'd hardly be able to converse if he were faced with the view.

"Well I've been thinking that maybe... Well maybe I'm the last human AI. I know that when the bombardment fell, I had a sister-AI prototype that was on the way to the Global Command for review, but I can only assume that she didn't make it."

"Never mind, I'm being foolish. I shouldn't- Elly, you're naked!"

The viewscreen powered down abruptly.

"What's the global command?" She queried, running her hands rapidly back and forth through her hair like a makeshift brush, having had no luck in coming across one so far. Somehow the girl was sure she'd have so many knots in her hair that it'd take an hour of brushing to get it all out.

"Well I'm certainly not going to shower clothed.." Eleanor snapped back at his sudden exclamation. It certainly struck her as odd that he found her nudity surprising, or at the least distracting. "What's it matter?" She asked before standing beneath the water, savoring the heat as it soaked her head to toe. There was no curtain to speak of, or if there was it'd long since rotted off into nothing. No, no curtain rod after a brief glance upwards.

"It was the seat of power on the planet, before the bombardment fell." He explained, although his heart wasn't in it.

"Shouldn't you turn me around? Or put me in the next stall, where I'm not just... Watching you? I can't exactly turn away." He pointed out, which was only partially true. Fascination and curiosity won out over propriety, and the viewscreen came back on despite his complaints.

"I mean, I'm a boy, sort of. And you a very, very naked woman. A very naked, drenched, glistening woman."

"Oh, them.. Most of them were killed off.. I remember reading they targeted the political bunkers really hard, not much in the way left but glass and rubble. Anything, hospitals especially.." Her voice trailed off, imagining people, children even being targeted for crimes they never committed. War and its atrocities.

Eleanor wasn't expecting her cheeks to flush red as she looked at the little helmet on the floor with a look of slight surprise, for a moment her breath caught in her throat. Romance and even such baser desires were often thrown on the back burner compared to survival and keeping healthy day to day.

He was quite descriptive in describing her in the nude, only fueling the heat that flushed her from the head down. "You're quite.. Good at observing.." She murmured as she stepped over and nudged the helmet with her foot, not quite turning him away as much as just prodding him. Somehow it was nice to be noticed for something she cared little about, being a woman of course, even if it was from an AI that wasn't sure how to handle it.

Mario had certainly heard about the way people acted when they desired one another, but he had no body to observe the physical signs. No cheeks to flush, no hands to tremble, no heart to race, no stomach to churn with uneasy butterflies.

One of the better questions perhaps; why did he desire Elly? Certainly she was a naked woman, which did many things for any man in an apocalypse, he supposed. He had no need for procreation though, and no body with which to carry through with it even if the need existed.

Was it her companionship that he desired? He had that, after a fashion. Was it-?

Abruptly, he was pulled out of his own ponderings when the helmet got a nudge. The very naked, damp, glistening Elly was standing considerably closer, and blushing besides. "I am uh... Thank you, but... Isn't it not... Appropriate?"

Gingerly she knelt down in front of him, knees to her chest and her weight on the tips of her feet, arms snug around her legs. "Is it?" She quipped, brows raised as she stuck her lips between her knees with a whistling sigh between them. Surely she had nothing strange he'd not seen or had in his data banks, then again wasn't it always different seeing someone in person compared to a detailed diagram? No clue honestly.

Her head tilted to the right with a cheek on her knee as she cut her eyes to him, the helmet, with a sly smirk. A devious plan crept through her mind to be put into motion.

Slowly she slid from her squatting position to sit on front of the helmet, being none too shy with how open she was, after all, they were technically alone.

Mario could scarcely believe what he was seeing. The lines, the curves, all of it was nothing short of fascinating. Among other things. His work with the sentry drones had ground to a halt.

Giving himself a mental shake, the AI shut down the view screen once again, resolving not to turn it on again. No matter how tempted he was.

"I-I'll give you some privacy." He said, the voice coming from the helmet's speakers barely above a hoarse whisper.

After he spoke she was struggling not to burst into fits of overenthusiastic giggling as she stood up, slipping on the freshly wet floor where her bare bottom had been planted. Having grown a bit chilly away from the water she stepped back. "I won't mind if you don't~. Otherwise can you turn on playlist seven?" Eleanor mused with a lilting tone to her voice.

When opened, assuming his speakers could handle it, was some old Earth music from the latter quarter of the 1900's, old fashioned rock and roll, namely a band called Journey, her personal favorite from the moment she'd first heard it. Unless he activated the shuffle, if he had one, the first song that queued would be Ask the Lonely.

And with that she'd begun to sing with no one but her artificial companion to listen, though a bit off key during the lower bits she managed the high notes quite well. Apparently having had plenty of practice during her trips into the wastelands.

"You've been picked and it's over
What's the chip on your shoulder?
Out side were solid rainbows
Inside is where the heart grows
Picking up the pieces
Something more to believe in~."

Mario was having a hard enough time functioning with the idea of his companion standing a few scant feet away, and utterly in the buff. He certainly wasn't going to go back to looking. Even if she didn't mind.

"Certainly," He said, his voice still small. Music began to play from his speakers, and he found that he quite liked it. New music was a rare thing for him, since the fall of the planet.

And then she started singing. She could be dancing. Naked. And he'd never know.

A little more looking wouldn't hurt.

On went the viewscreen.

Her solo continued for a time as the music carried on over into the next song, the playlist consisted purely of the single band. Apparently she'd have no quarrels about hearing the same music repeatedly considering she'd heard it hundreds of times before. It was a godsend to lift her mood and make her feel at least human again. The shower was amazing too.

Warm water cascaded down her back, well, hot water, turning most of her light skin a bright pink color. Soap went on and she scrubbed vigorously, leaning against the wall and hanging onto a rail to keep balance as she scrubbed her feet and between toes. This was what it meant to be alive as the steam filled the stall and flooded into the room, likely fogging up his little peeping camera.

Between songs she paused, looking down at the shape of the helmet. "Is that water proof?" Was asked over the droning of the water.

Mario stared, abashed by his own desire to keep watching. The question startled him out of his steam-fogged voyeurism.

"The helm is very water resistant." He said, still embarrassed. "It may receive damage if it is submerged entirely while not connected from the suit, but short of that, the helmet should be fine."

After a moment, he asked, "Do... Do humans always get so pink in the shower?"

The front-facing camera was fog-resistant, and instead beaded with water quickly. His view was partially obscured certainly, but certainly not blocked. God bless technological advancements for all settings.

"Oh, good." Came her response, though the water was flowing well clear of the piled suit and helmet, it never hurt to ask. Hands ran up through her hair, letting it bunch up at the top before plopping down like a wet mop to her bare back, a contented sigh coming from her.

"No, I just enjoy it hot. Makes you feel real clean." She replied, cranking off the heat to turn it lower, though it was still far above ambient temperature the sudden shift made her shiver. Her arms came to hug herself and she let out a cooing noise before turning off the water completely, wringing out her hair.

"You're watching, aren't you, dirty boy?" It was all in good play to act coy with him, though her growing smirk made that obvious.

"Sorry!" Piped the AI, shutting down the viewscreen all over again. Irritated with himself for his lack of willpower, and indecisiveness, he went back to working on the sentries.

"It won't happen again." Sometimes, things got lost on Mario, whose education with interpersonal communication was apparently somewhat lacking. "I'll get back to work."

An alert popped up on his sensors, and he spoke again, almost immediately.

"People are coming. Four of them. They're climbing down the elevator shaft."

She was quite enjoying herself until he paused, a pit in her stomach seemed to drop out like a rock in a pond, straight to the bottom. It was even before he spoke up did she think something was wrong. Only when he finally did speak did she slam off the water and dry off far too poorly before trying to yank on the suit. Even before the undersuit was fully on her heart was hammering. People? Here? Climbing down? That's where she was!

Terror flooded her veins quickly as she fumbled to put the suit on, the helmet getting dropped on wrong the first time, hitting herself on the head with a fearful squeak. "Show me. Now!" It was an urgent command, checking the weapon, it'd not been used for more than fifty years for sure. Eleanor was a good shot, but against four people she'd likely be a corpse. Already she was jogging down the hallway towards the elevator, map guiding her way so she could see them. "Use the cloaking thingy if you can, just a hair, we're in the dark."

Status
Not open for further replies.