AI: Apocalyptic Intelligence (Nivansrywyllian, Windsong)

Status
Not open for further replies.
For Mario's part, there was a piece of humanity missing from him. He didn't connect the images on the screen, fighting and dying against the sentries to families, children, hopes, and dreams any more than he did the slagged plastic and metal that were the sentries themselves. Eleanor was his concern, and beyond her safety, her happiness, not much else mattered.

There was his own safety of course, but that didn't mean a whole lot without his new companion.

"If you could get out of the room unnoticed, it would be possible to escape with the remainder of the intruders, before they set up a perimeter to guard the entrance." He didn't know that they'd do it, but it's what he'd have done in their case. "It eliminates the risk of having to escape any effort to seal the laboratory after their escape, as well. If you'd like, I could outline a few plans for our situation."

He was right. Of that she was sure of. If she didn't leave now then her chances to escape dwindled considerably, not needing his probability generator to know that. "Fine. If we can get outside then we'll be in the clear. At least then I could make a break for it.." If they'd come down armed then they'd likely not give her the benefit of the doubt before opening fire.

Slowly the hab door slid open with the heavy slams of large locks disengaging quickly. Hopefully no one would notice.

It didn't take her but a minute to find a dead spot nearer the entrance. "There isn't another exit out of here, is there? Like your place had?" A simple question that screamed obvious to her as she knelt down around a corner to watch the blips of movement.

"Checking schematics," He said, as the door slid open.

"It looks like there's a nonoperational loading elevator that runs between the surface, and the bottom floor. You may be able to access the surface from it, but I do not know where it will let out. Additionally, it will be something of a climb."

"It is a poor option. I do not advise escaping through the loading elevator unless we have no other options."

"Keep your distance until we are ready to leave. The camouflage has only a limited charge remaining," He said, as if he hadn't just reminded the woman of it earlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.