Agents of Galactic Standstill

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Wonderful entrance post, @Atlas Child! I love that you put your character in there as a reason for both the destruction of the Hypercomm array by Makoto as well as the explanation for why the Nebula sent ships to investigate. I had originally just intended for it to be chalked up to those error message everyone received at the start, having been transmitted via the quantum net to the rest of the fleet and thus demanding diagnostics, but this plus the eyewitness account would much better explain the more heavily-armed attempt to bring the malfunctioning ships in!

I only have one teeny tiny nitpick with your post: Nebula processing cores utilize quantum computing rather than digital computing, meaning that Clarity's personality is actually defined by qubit states and not 1's and 0's. But that's very minor, and aside from that, very nice post! :D
Whoops. I fixed it, and thanks! I'm excited to officially join the IC.

Hey Atlas, long time no see.

This sequence of events does pose one question however. Where from, or even is, Clairty going to gain sentience/free will?

For Ana it was a freak accident in a somewhat unique circumstance, the other three had Charity.

Reactions: Atlas Child
Hey Atlas, long time no see.

This sequence of events does pose one question however. Where from, or even is, Clairty going to gain sentience/free will?

For Ana it was a freak accident in a somewhat unique circumstance, the other three had Charity.
Eh, we'll figure it out. Not everything need be set in stone! (nor does it always need to be some monumental event that brings about sentience. Once the fire is lit, it can spread without additional sparks!)

...I get the feeling that one of my ideas for diplomacy, that being telling some amount of the truth, might hold more water. "Well, there may be a human information-warfare weapon at work, and it may very well be laden with traps or otherwise be extremely dangerous if examined, particularly at a major Fleet hub like a shipyard..."

I suggest going with that, at the very least it should make them think a moment before Ana freaks out.

I saw a button and had the urge to write something with it. Hello~
I don't think it did what you meant it to do. Also, this really isn't the place for that. =P
...I get the feeling that one of my ideas for diplomacy, that being telling some amount of the truth, might hold more water. "Well, there may be a human information-warfare weapon at work, and it may very well be laden with traps or otherwise be extremely dangerous if examined, particularly at a major Fleet hub like a shipyard..."
I think that's a very wise option! One I certainly didn't consider. It will probably work... so long as the response isn't something along the lines of 'very well, then die!' xD

So its a less provocative post than I had originally thought it would be, but still functional I think.

Also I thought of a possible name for the group. Just as I wrote in the post is how I thought of it, it had been typed out before I'd even realised it. :p

By the way, I have military duties this weekend, so if you don't hear from me for the next few days that's why. I'll be back By Sunday.

• Love
Reactions: Honor-Sama
I got off early tonight from work so I should have a post up by tomorrow afternoon.

Sorry to hear that D: Welcome back. After being called into work 2 mornings in a row I am back as well!

I had to work 13 hours yesterday then had to work the morning shift today :/ I should be working on my post soon

Pretty much the same here. Worked 12 hours yesterday, till midnight, then had to open the store today and am still at work and won't be leaving any time soon. And we've been absurdly busy, too, it's been non-stop. This is the first break I've had. I've been popping motrin like candies, haha.

@Daws Combine, @Honorific, you guys gonna post? I intend to post tomorrow after work so if you want to get something up in advance, please do so shortly!

Again, sorry to everyone about the speed here. This is the busiest I have ever been in my life... xD On Saturday and Sunday I worked 24 out of the 48 hours. The pay is going to be pretty nice but I'm going insane in the meantime... ^^; Just gotta get through this week and things will get back to normal.

*Pokes head in

Oh hey people ARE still here. :p

But yea I'm not particularly worried about the pace myself, this is still faster than some RP's I've been in.

If things have to slow down because people are busy, that's just the way it goes.