Agents of Galactic Standstill

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Am I the only one worried that the two heavily armed destroyers are both freaking out? :p

I'll have a reply up either tonight before i head to bed or tomorrow morning guy. Sorry for the delay.

Okay guys, I know I've been a bit quiet/slow with the responses here. I've been trying to give @Dip time to join in and post but at this point I think it's too late.

Dip, I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to remove you from the game. I said right off the bat in the posting expectations that I wanted daily posts, and it's been 10 days since you last posted. I really hate to do this- I love your writing style and characters, but it isn't fair to everyone else to keep dragging this out to try and give you a chance to participate.

Everyone else, I'm sorry about this and hope that you're still as excited in keeping this going as I am. I'll begin working on the next post now, and should have it done tonight- or maybe tomorrow. I'm also coming up with character sheets for the NPCs I'm about to introduce so that's why it might take a bit longer than just writing up a post. :3

Reactions: Honor-Sama
I Keep getting alerts whenever @Insomnant or edits a post I bookmarked. Have to say, quite enjoying what I am seeing. And when I say enjoy I mean I am absolutely terrified our first battle will be our last lol

I Keep getting alerts whenever @Insomnant or edits a post I bookmarked. Have to say, quite enjoying what I am seeing. And when I say enjoy I mean I am absolutely terrified our first battle will be our last lol
Oh geez, really? xD

Shoot, I didn't realize it would update you when I edit things. ^^; Ahem, don't look until I'm done! :P

Oh geez, really? xD

Shoot, I didn't realize it would update you when I edit things. ^^; Ahem, don't look until I'm done! :P
Oh was I not suppose to be looking? Then I will ignore the cute avatars for now lol

Oh was I not suppose to be looking? Then I will ignore the cute avatars for now lol
Okay, you can look now. =P

Took longer to make four characters and post their character sheets than I thought it would. I'll try to get the post done tonight after work.

Okay, you can look now. =P

Took longer to make four characters and post their character sheets than I thought it would. I'll try to get the post done tonight after work.
Good luck at work, since I have the day off, I need to find something interesting to do lol

My internet has been super spotty, recently. I should be able to muster the nighttime for some stuff, but I might bit be able to do anything besides that.

That it should be.

Keep in mind guys, this isn't a video game! You don't have to completely defeat any other characters you encounter. You might be able to win them over, chase them off, evade them, distract them, negotiate with them, etc.

I am all about creative story-telling and character building, so I won't ever try to force an outcome on you.

That being said, it's all in how you go about it. You aren't ever guaranteed to get what you want, and you might have to work for your desired outcome. :P

Well miss, my desired outcome is to completely wipe them off the face of the galaxy, and show my new human slaves that I am a force to be reckoned with.

Well miss, my desired outcome is to completely wipe them off the face of the galaxy, and show my new human slaves that I am a force to be reckoned with.
Well in that case, you are certainly going to have to work to achieve that outcome! =P

I'm the sort who usually tries diplomacy first. Talk, as they say, is cheap. So in the long run, it never hurts to give it a try. And beyond that, well, if there's got to be a fight, I'd consider keeping the good captain and his crew alive long enough to do their job and, if not limp away on the Illusive Hand to transfer onto one of our ships before we run away to be a perfectly acceptable outcome. We don't need to kill everyone to win, we just need to accomplish whatever objectives are reasonable and then jump to hyperspace.

And leave the humans to fend for themselves? That is not an option, we have to disable them capture them perhaps. or convince them to keep our secret and leave these humans be.

On what R-9 said. two of us have Life support systems i believe and Ana has human mimicry on top of that so she could actually hide a human crew from cursory scans.

another post made, just in case we needed a more 'common' thread to link us in the 'conflict' to come. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Bleh, short post tonight, sorry guys. Like I said, it took longer than I'd expected to come up with four characters. Admittedly this was the first time I'd made any so I had to keep consulting the rules I'd written to remind myself of stuff. ^^; It should go quicker in the future, plus I'll try to come up with characters in advance so I can use them as needed.

I'll do a post for Rukh/Sergio tomorrow morning and have this Nebula investigation battlegroup show up tomorrow night, methinks. Want to give ya'll a teensy bit of time to respond to the news of incoming FTL signatures!

[warning]Exhausted rambling ahead[/warning]
I also think I'll revamp the way shields/armor damage reduction works. I was crunching the numbers and... well it isn't pretty. Missiles are way overpowered, but only against frigates. Like, Gat you are seriously in trouble if you go up against anyone with mass missile launchers. And yes, you're agile enough to dodge some of them, but... it's not ideal. I think I'll change it to a combination of a percentage-based damage reduction, and a base damage threshold (i.e. damage needed to be done after the damage reduction in order to affect the shields). I was thinking of going with just a percentage-based damage reduction at first, until I realized that doing so would make quad guns the strongest weapon in the game. As in, a conventional frigate with nothing but quad particle guns could completely strip the shields off a cruiser in 1.5 seconds under the planned revisions. xD Needless to say, that won't do! If I combine the two approaches though, I think it'll be a much better result, without having to make tiny weapons even weaker and huge ones even stronger (and increase the difference between the ship classes in terms of stats).

I am suddenly exceptionally glad that last question was on a closed channel with Ayako, glad that there's a faint hope the stealth frigate didn't pick up that one. :p