After All These Years Of Fighting

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
"Good, I was about to think that I could kill myself by straining the muscles in my face. You know, Evangeline, when I said that I'm not part of the Red Blade pirates, I meant that of course I -am- but right now I am not. I'm my own man now and my Captain has no control over what I do. My loyalty is to the men who trust me and Silver Beard. A problem is that he is, yeah, you guessed it," he states sarcastically, a hand moving idly to his hilt, "dead. Given a proper burial at sea - where he loved to be. The rippling waves, open ocean... At least his soul may rest in peace." Theo only cares for one man even though he may put on a smile and fake a connection. Silver Beard was that man so now Theo feels disconnected from the rest of the crew. An outcast for not falling right into his new Captains arms. Theo may be savage, taking money over manners and setting everything to his terms, but he does have a loyalty aspect to him. Craving attention and the cheer of a crowd around him, he wants what Silver Beard had.

Blinking, Theo's gaze had turned to the railing of the ship, his fingers stroking across the wood. "I'm Theo. Not a right hand man to Silver Beard and definitely not exactly praised in the eyes of Tiras. I am a Buccaneer, a thirsty pirate. But for -us- to seek this through, you'll have to accept that of me and I'll have to accept your ... whatever you are as well. Harlot, queen of England... I don't care. I'm not saying we'll be friends and I'm definitely not saying we smile at one another and lie to ourselves. Hear me? We just coexist. Take our strengths and weaknesses to get us through this. You may keep your connection to your Harlots but you'll turn on them like I have turned on the Red Blades. It's the only way you'll make it through this. Dammit! Stop comparing yourself to them and just let Evangeline be Evangeline! For once." Letting her chew on those thoughts, he really isn't sure why he is sounding the way he is.

Grinding his teeth, he moves down below to check on the resistance downstairs. Instantly the smells make his stomach turn and he has to hug the wall for some sort of grip. He admires the Red Blades, yes. They have a skill and talent he has never seen before but everything is changing. A new Captain, a new fight completely. And let's face it, Theo missed his mentor. He missed being welcome aboard his ship, not having to prove his worth every single step of the way. His reputation hoists his sails up and fills them with wind but if he cannot control those sheets, he will be lost at sea. Taris has dug his own grave, so to say, with dealing with his own bloodlines enemy. Theo will not, will never, forgive him for such an act of betrayal. What did Silver Beard do to deserve this? For all the love he has in his heart, Theo will not bring back that treasure to Taris. That pirate can search the seven seas but Theo will keep his relic for himself instead of having those soiled fingers tatter whatever gem they are after.

Now, the question is, what to do about Evangeline. She is more like him then he cares to admit but even his own words from before contradict themselves. Shouldn't he be looking past the faction she is a part of? How can he though? She listens, she has been combed by the very woman who most likely held Silver Beard's heart in her hand. That harlot watched, Theo cringes, as the sack of lumpy tissue slowly stopped beating. That is what these ladies are capable of and it's best, he concludes after eyeing up the men accordingly in his own mind, if he not press those buttons of hers. A good fight is what he craves, yes, the taste of sweat on his lips and the relief of victory when it washes over him. It's the strongest drug he has ever inhaled. Addictive and potent. But no, that foolish banter can wait. For now he will treat her as a pirate. Never his equal but just as he views himself, a Harlot not feeling welcome in her own faction. Easier said than done.

Evangeline didn't understand how he could be part of the Red Blades, but then not part of them right now. Oh well she didn't need to be bothered by the thought, and all that mmatters was what he had said. His Captain had no control over what he did now, she didn't like his Captain from what she's seen. Then again Evangeline didn't like any Captain, she didn't particularly enjoy taking orders. Definitely not, she would much rather give them. Right now taking them was all she could do, but hopefully with this mission that all will change. Evangeline ignored Theo a little when he spoke about his old Captain, she could really care less at the moment. Though she tried to make it not so apparent she wasn't listening, but honestly Evangeline was tired of talking about this dead pirate. What good did it do? He was telling her useless information that she did not care to know, and she definitely didn't understand the importance of this man. He was just some pirate who used to be the Captain of the Red Blades until Gwendolyn killed him. So what? No big deal. Pirates are killed all the time.

"Can you carry on one conversation where you don't talk about this Silver Beard?" Evangeline asked slightly amused by the fact he kept bringing the man up, and the way he talked about the man was just questionable in her mind. "You act like he was a lover of yours. You definitely seem too attached." No Evangeline wasn't trying to be rude or anything, but she had never heard any pirate speak of their Captain in such a way. Every male pirate she had met would gladly turn on their Captains, and could care less about what happened to them when they died since that was an opportunity to move up in rank. What made this Silver Beard any different? Surely there were men in his faction who could care less about Silver Beard, so it was just an amusing thought that Theo seemed so attached to the guy. Evangeline didn't know the pirate, she only knew that Gwendolyn had killed him. Gwendolyn had never spoken to any of the Dark Harlots about killing him, she just went off and did it herself. Of course Gwendolyn wouldn't want to tell her crew what had happened as she seemed very embarrassed by the fact she was cheated on, but all of the girls knew better than to question Gwendolyn about it. She eventually opened up about it, but only told them vague details and Evangeline just dismissed the whole thing altogether as it never mattered to her.

Upon hearing the next thing he said Evangeline just stated at Theo before he left, she honestly had no idea what the hell he was even talking about. Evangeline had already told Theo she planned on turning on the Dark Harlots, and that was her whole reason for coming on this trip. Why would he tell her she would end up going that when she had told him in the first place? Obviously Evangeline didn't understand Theo, but women weren't expected to understand men just as men weren't expected to understand women. Sure she had noticed her and Theo share some of the same characteristics, but that did not mean she understood the man. She didn't, but then again she didn't really care. When Theo said to stop comparing herself to them Evangeline almost laughed but she refrained. She wasn't comparing herself to any Harlot or pirate, she was much better than them in her mind. Vanity? Maybe, but all pirates seemed to be like that. Evangeline was always Evangeline, and the only time she wasn't when she was in disguise or trying to play a part to get what she wants. Evangeline did not care about keeping her connection to the Harlots, she just cared about being on top. Why was it that all men seemed to think they had her figured out? They should just stop trying, she was one mystery nobody could solve. Not even herself. Evangeline sometimes did things that surprised even her, but in the end she knew who she was and what she wanted.

Evangeline looked out at the water as she steered the ship, she felt more relaxed being up here alone with just the ship. Soon hopefully she would be Captain of her own ship, she longed for that really. Feeling the wind through her long dark almost black hair was comforting, she would never get tired of that feeling. Evangeline began to sing an old song her mother used to sing to her when she was a little girl, she never understood it until she was taken away from her mother.

It was about a kite she guessed, but Evangeline figured out the real meaning behind it was parents who had to give up their kids. It was like Evangeline's mom knew she was going to be taken or something, she wasn't exactly sure but hey the song made sense now. Evangeline sang it quietly and softly to herself, she didn't want to disrupt the peaceful mood in the air as she was relaxed. Evangeline had a painful pretty voice, and it just wasn't singing it was just her voice in general. She had a Spanish accent yes, but to some that only made it even more attractive. Her voice could probably be compared to a mermaids. They had beautiful voices, but it was painful all at the same time considering they used it to attract men so they could kill them. Now that was not Evangeline's goal, and she had never used her voice like that but it's just what it could be compared to.

Last edited by a moderator:
Turning around at the threshold of the steps, Theo turns around, the light of the moon illuminating his form in the darkness. "It is not natural to care for the one who made you who you are?" Theo simply states, thinking it's common knowledge. "Silver Beard was my master and my guide into this world. Before I met him, I was only a piece of Britain's puzzle. Now I have found who I am and not what people want me to be, Evangeline. The fact of being with a Harlot, one of Gwen's own girls, makes me realize what great power Silver Beard has really given me. I won't waste my time explaining myself but he made me who I am. That's all you need to know." Snarling a bit, he turns and makes his way down to the lower deck of the ship. "Don't get hit by a boom of anything while I'm gone." He chuckles to himself, knowing she wouldn't be able to hear him.

Moving to the gun deck below, Theo takes his time walking around the creaking belly of the ship. It's strange to be on such a quiet vessel for Theo is used to a jig playing on instruments of all sorts as well as dancing. The floor below this one would always be rattling with the echoes of the party below. Theo could only imagine the streams of light coming from the warm candlelight. But now his face is dark, the room is dark as well. Eery. A shiver travels up his spine, the only resolve being to place his hand on his sword hilt. If anything should jump out at him, his heart tells him, he will be ready as always. Theo strikes first and thinks later when it comes to reaction time. He has lobbed many a head off because of that very fact - reacting before taking the time to think. Of course during battles or plan layouts, he will be conservative with his goods as well as men. Death and defeat is never an option. The cannons from what he can make out in the dim, are well built and new.

Shuffling around in a few of the wooden crates he finds an ammo stash, reveling in this great find. Oh yes, these weapons are new and pristine. They'll be a fine upgrade to what he currently has. Looking down at the dual pistols strapped to his chest, he licks his lips. Will these new pistols provide for him the same protection? His current ones are like clockwork, never faulting when the time is right. Theo trusts his weapons and he feels that it's the reason why he has yet to be killed. Most pirates just toss away a gun and grab any other that -looks- to be better. The true way to master an art is to not only have a good weapon but know how to use it. Looking back at the goods, Theo throws this new contraption back on the pile. Seeing some gunpowder, he thinks that perhaps it won't be as hard now to make more bombs for their journey. Taking some of the supplies, he opens up an empty crate laying sideways on the floor and places all the new supplies in it. Perhaps tomorrow he can make more bombs.

Taking a stroll down to the cells is the easy part, folding his hands behind him. He hears all sort of commotion as he makes his way down the wooden steps, each creak influencing his power over the prisoners. It's true he has no idea -where- the keys are but he is sure they can find something to unlock the gates after some searching. Letting the lantern cast it's watery light over the cells, Theo takes a good look at every single man. Evaluating a man's character on first glance is never something Theo is good at. Yet, he makes a living with what he has to offer. First impressions are never loyal.

Evangeline still didn't understand really, she cared about her parents but not as much as she should. She hasn't seen them in about seven years, and that's been a while. Gwendolyn did raise her yes, but she did not shape Evangelime into who she was. Gwendolyn just showed her the ropes, but she has a personality of her own contrary to what others say, but she cares less about their opinion. Evangeline only needed herself in this world, and she's accepted the fact that she will only ever truly have herself. Maybe she has been too accustomed to the pirate life, but she feels like others are pointless to her so she justs uses them to her advantage. Though most of her personality now was because of the culture she has been around, she had been in Tortuga since the very young age of fifteen. Of course she's going to pick up on the pirate way, and she's learned to trust nobody. Oh well the subject was over, she just hoped to hear nothing about people she didn't care for at all or even know for that matter.

Thinking back to the mental map in her head she made sure they were on the right path, and they were thankfully. She would not be happy at all if they got off track, so Theo better not mess anything up whenever he takes the wheel again seeing as they would most likely be alternating steering the ship. Evangeline looked at the dark of the night, she smiled since night was her favorite time. Much easier to be sneaky, kill your opponents, and not to mention much prettier. Evangeline admired the night sky, and especially the stars above all else. They have always fascinated her since she was little. She had so many questions about these stars, she wondered what happened when the stars died. Like was another star born in its place, and if not then what happened to the constellations? Did they just go away of something, but of course nobody she had ever known was smart enough to be able to give her a real answer. Pirates weren't very smart in that field, but they were smart in thievery and others along that line. Focusing from the dark water Evangeline glanced around once more making sure nothing came in her path that would be a problem, and just as the map said it was all retry clear at sea.

Evangeline wondered when they should stop for sleep, she would like to get a decent amount since they need their energy for fighting. Of course they didn't have to sleep any time soon, but it was all up to Theo as Evangeline could care less. Though she would love to take care of the whole prisoner situation once they stop for sleep, she doesn't want to waste time dealing with it tomorrow. She always used her time wisely, and got the in done quickly and effectively. That's just how Evangeline was, and how she was trained to work. Women are always said to take a long time, but the Dark Harlots were taught not to do that with anything since the needed to be quick and swift. Evangeline would defend the women on that one though, she thought if men had to get into those tight corset dresses too then they would take a long time as well. They were very difficult things to put on, and you had to make so many adjustments in order to make it fit properly to be ale to -somewhat- breathe. Plus that's not including the hair they had to do, and while men seemed to find this all pointless they would look down upon any woman who did not look like that. Evangeline did not look like that as she did not wear the dresses or do her hair up, but it isn't wise to look down upon her which a few men in Tortuga figured out the hard way.

Rising from the confines of below deck, Theo is soft in his footsteps. Yet the boards of the ship creak yet he can't help but smirk, seeing that Evangeline is enjoying the night. Taking only a moment to admire her gaze up at the stars, he soon thinks of how awful it would look if she caught him staring. He quickly looks around him for any significant sightings and luckily he casts his gaze upon the barrels standing upright by the steps moving up to the wheel. Moving up to one of them, he runs his fingers over the grainy outside layer, wanting to feel if there is any warmth or anything unexpected inside. Knocking on them a few times with his knuckles, he concludes that they're filled with something. Kneeling down, he carefully slides his sword from his scabbard and inches it between the slit in the wood work. Feeling resistance within a moment, Theo draws out his sword, getting a nice waft of tar.

"Grand." He mutters, wiping the sticky black sensation off on his pants leg. Standing, he climbs up the steps, making sure that she sees him before he moves, not wanting her to jump out and attack him. Theo grins at the thought though, scaring Evangeline enough so that she would fight him and then for once he could finally show her that he is not like other men. They fight well, yes, but they only fight with a single sword. He has dual swords and therefore has twice the impact at twice the speed. Silver Beard had taught him well, teaching him to master one sword skillfully with one hand. Learning how the steel communicates with your body, becoming a part of you, an extension of yourself after a while. Only then can you even attempt to put two swords together, a true sign of mastery. When one blade comes down, the other has to go up or to the side, each attack balancing itself out with an equal counter or parry. Fighting is, after all, Theo's life and he adores every moment he can spare with it.

"I have taken a good look at the men. You're right, there are a lot that are sickly and won't be able to even see straight but for the most part... I have seen men who could rip you apart. Even opening up the cell door will be risky unless you have a barrel of a gun pointed down to their face. I say we wait until sunrise and early in the morning we bring them up one by one and have them fight one another. Unless you want to do it during nighttime so they have a better chance at causing something? I mean... under the cloak of darkness, it would be hard to see keys being passed and orders being given by whispers. If it's during the daytime, we can keep a sharp eye out for any uprising that may come of it. Even opening those gates, as I stated before, poses a risk. We are only two people, Evangeline." He has to hold his tongue, almost commenting that they're really one person, him, and a girl.

Evangeline heard Theo by the floorboards, but her gaze on the stars did not falter. They were perfect, and something else she found interesting was her parents would be looking at the same sky as her. Made her feel a little closer to them, but that's as close as she wanted to be really. Not seeing her family or have any contact with them is much more wise, she does have many enemies so if she were close to her family that would be a weakness. For all she knew they were all dead, she wasn't close with them at all since she was taken. Evangeline intended to keep it that way too, she only needed herself as she claims. Yes Evangeline thought that, she could take care of herself and had been since she was fifteen. Evangeline did not need any other weaknesses, she already had to deal with the one of her being a woman. Well she didn't see that as a weakness, but men did. Evangeline took that as a strength, she was a very skilled female pirate. There were hardly any of those around, so she took people by surprise a lot which worked for her. She had a unique style of fighting, she had noticed men had a similar approach usually. Sure some were more advanced, but the male brain operated the same. That was one thing Gwendolyn made them learn. How their brains worked, she at the time found it useless and quite stupid but it actually was very useful.

Upon hearing Theo speak, she rolled her eyes. She couldn't help herself, but he did ruin the peace after all. Evangeline turned her sea blue eyes on him away from the stars, she thought over his words before sighing. "Please I'm sure some of those men could tear you apart as well. You do not know their fighting style, and after all they are in here for a reason." Evangeline thought it was probably hard to get the more well built guys on, but she figured they had to all gang up on one or they did a surprise attack. Ether way she was sure it was not an was job at all, and the past crew had to of been pretty good at whatever it is that they did. "I understand, but I just really didn't want to waste our time. We can do it in the morning as you said, but be prepared to be up right as the moon rises. We need to get the fights done quickly. The sooner we set out on the journey the better. We have a long way to go." Evangeline finished with a nod, she looked back to the ships wheel that she held before looking back to where she was steering.

Evangeline took a drink of the bottle of Rum as she steered, she felt more relaxed drinking. Then again who didn't? "Rum?" Evangeline offered to Theo since maybe it'd relax him more as well, but at least she was trying to get along. No this was not her being nice, she was putting up with him and the Rum would definitely keep her from getting very annoyed at him. Evangeline glanced around the ship as one thing popped into her mind, she thought of sleeping arrangements. "There is only one Captains quarters." Evangeline noted as she thought about it, and of course there were the beds down below for the crew mates but that's where the prisoners would be sleeping. Evangeline didn't know about Theo, but she was definitely not going to sleep down below with those low life prisoners. No way, she would refuse to. She did not see why Theo would want to either though, but then again maybe he did not mind. If he did then the had to figure something out, she shook her head since this was probably one more thing that they would argue over.

"I never said they wouldn't rip me apart either. Indeed, some of them do have cannons for arms. A whole crew could be slaughtered like lambs. Hopefully they won't know how to balance well and that'll be their strong suit. For men, and I guess some women too, hold their weight by their shoulders." He demonstrates by puffing out his chest and rolling his meaty arms backwards. "And a simple snap of a leg can bring them tumbling down if you don't know," he skips in one direction, his legs crossing with ease, "how to," Theo leaps across the deck once again, spinning his weight around and pretending to sword fight as well, "Use your weight to your advantage. It all comes with stances and the distribution of such mass throughout your two legs instead of up around your shoulders. Plenty of men make that mistake when fighting. Their footwork lacks and they can easily collapse."

Shrugging, Theo moves over to the wheel with her. "Whatever you think is best. I just -know- that those jailbirds down there will try and use the darkness as a way out. You would be surprised at the knowledge men have. Some of them happen to have brains," He knocks at his own skull with a hearty fist, "And others are just soft and require tasks... such as escaping from an enemy ship by -stealing- some sort of raft other than just jumping overboard... spelt out for them." Chuckling when he hears of the sleeping quarters he shrugs. "I could personally care less where I sleep." Glancing up, he adds, "I'd rather sleep up there 'den below the decks. The air is musky and stale as well as the prisoners will be howling about freedom or whatever the fuck the desire. I'd sooner cut off my arm than have to deal with their racket."

Not even thinking twice about it, Theo wraps his fingers around the Rum bottle, seeing her take a sip first, and knocks back a good amount. "Aaah!" He admires the spice it has as well as the sweet aftertaste and the hint of a barrel it had been kept in for years. "That's good... but don't think I'll put down my guard with just one swig. It'll take more than that to get me howling to the moon in delight. A drunken haze..." Looking to the flapping sales, Theo remembers a time where he used to drink in high spirits with the rest of the crew. After Silver Beard's death though... things changed drastically. Drinks were only given to those who the new Captain admired and trusted, Theo not ever being one of them.

Evangeline really didn't pay attention to what Theo said, he was going on about footing or something of the sort. She was half listening since she wasn't finding them important to her, and they were things she pretty much already knew. Of course you had to watch our footwork as that was pretty important, but it just wasn't all about your footwork of course. Your skill level, technique, and pretty much everything came into play while just not sword fighting but any kind of fighting. Evangeline had experienced that from the time she was little, she learned from the outside as the boys were taught from the inside where they were welcomed unlike her. Evangeline knew her footwork was fine, she considered it almost like dancing. Something she had always been really good at, so she just thought of it as coming up with various dance steps which made it a lot easier. She had to hardly think about her stance or anything anymore because of that method, and it worked pretty well for her since in dancing you usually distribute our weight anyway to balance.

Evangeline did catch his comment about men having a brain, she couldn't help but to laugh. No she wasn't laughing as if she were mocking him, but she just found it funny how he had to state it like she had no idea. "I never said men didn't have brains, and I am quite fully aware that they do. I can respect that, but do know women have brains too." Now she was mocking him though not in a rude way, but that was rather just Evangeline's personality. Sarcastic and sassy, she was both and would gladly show it. Evangeline listened to Theo speak about sleeping arrangement and nodded, she was glad he didn't care since well she did. High maintenance? Definitely not, but she would just prefer to actually be ble to sleep at night. "We can share, and by that I mean the days." Evangeline would not share a bed with him just as he wouldn't with her, she was sure she would be too tempted to just stab him. She could take that out on the worthless prisoners that were no use to them, and then maybe her want to drive her dagger through his heart will stop or just even maybe go away a little.

"Now I did not offer it for you to let your guard down, and that was not my intentions at all." That was probably one of the most truthful things she had said yet, she was seriously just trying to get along. The rum would help them relax and maybe they wouldn't be so hostile towards one another for right now, she wasn't being nice either but she offered for the reason of getting along. Rum made everything better, or at least that's what she said when she was drunk. Evangeline would not be getting drunk, but she definitely needed some Rum in her system to make it through this journey. Finally the small island she had been looking for came within sight, she was beginning to worry she may have missed it. "Okay this is where we will be stopping." Evangeline said as she prepared for the vessel to hit the shored the beach so they could secure the ship, she figured it was time to stop while she could.

Theo just takes her words with a grain of salt. He knew that Pirates sometimes have brains and surely enough the Harlot's have them. Still, he can't get over how Evangeline and her Captain have survived this long. Moving away from her, he starts to walk around the deck once she says that they're stopping. Pulling his head to the side, he starts to think about women and their place once more. Feeling the hard wood against the bottom of his boot, he steadies his leg against the wall and uses his muscle to push the anchor wheel. Putting his whole back into it, the rope only gives way so much. Panting already, Theo pushes against it even harder but fears that it won't stop. Seeing the shore come into his view, Evangeline is heading straight for it. His heart pounds away in his chest as he leaps up to where she is steering, shouting as he does.

"What are you doing?! You're heading right to the beach! Do you want to kill us all? Turn the ship, turn it!" Feeling the words boom from his throat, he takes no time in grabbing the wheel and pulling it towards him. "Are you MAD!?" Is the next thing he shouts, struggling to move the ship off course. "One doesn't just 'dock' a ship -this- size on shore! Mad woman, MAD!" Theo growls, feeling the heat come to his face, scolding her for almost having them marooned. If he gave her resistance, he would push his elbow into her side and jerk her away from the wheel, turning it heavily to the left. "What are you thinking, really? And when the tide goes out... how the hell would we get the ship off of that beach?" Making a pushing motion with his arms against her, he adds with loaded sarcasm, "Just push her out?" A laugh escapes him, tender yet strong. "Dammit. What -were- you thinking..."

He was right all along - women don't belong behind the wheel and this is all the evidence that he needs. A man, a "proper" sailor would have known better. This woman he is willingly placing his life in her hands and she will, he feels, be the death of him. Perhaps as the sun set on the horizon he might have had some respect for her when she showed off how great of a Harlot she really was. But now... he will always have to double check her every single move. Questions - oh there will be so many questions from now on. If she is lucky, she will be able to redeem herself from this -almost- massacre of their time but for now, he is going to be watching her as if he were a hawk circling his prey.

"¿Qué demonios? I know what I'm doing!" Evangeline shook her head angered by his sudden outburst for no reason, she knew there was no problem with what she was doing. "It's not like I planned on docking it right next to the palm tree! It would still be in the water!" Evangeline pushed past him and crossed her arms walking to the edge of the ship, she had docked the boat along the shore plenty of times with no problem. She wouldn't have docked it right up on the land where it was all dry, but the shore extended out in the water which was where she had planned on docking. As always, she would much rather be doing this alone right now. Why did she need him again? He was annoying her. It's not like she was going to dock the vessel all the way up on the shore, she planned on docking it along it yes but she had always done that with no problem.

Evangeline stared off at the water wondering how the heck she was going to last all of this time with him, she wanted some peace of mind and she wasn't going to get that anywhere near him. "You're more than welcome to leave." Evangeline said bluntly not even getting why he was still here, he didn't care about his Captain or this mission so he didn't need to be here. There were men down there she could use for doing whatever it is he planned on doing on this mission, she had the upper hand with them anyway since they were prisoners after all. They were already chained and caged, so it wouldn't be hard to make them do what she wants for some food or freedom. Fair trade and it wouldn't take much from them, but of course she wouldn't just let them go. No that would be too nice. Evangeline would allude to letting them go, but she would just use them to get what she wants then kill them.

Turning around she headed to the Captain's quarters to see what it looked like, she also wondered if there was anything significant in there. Evangeline looked around through the desks and such, she picked up a key off of the desk and looked at it. Seeing that it was the key to unlock the prisoners she grabbed a plain chain and put it through the key, and then it went around her neck where she would know where it was. Evangeline found some gold and jewlwes though not much, but she was not looking for that and she paid no attention to it. After some time of searching she finally found what she was searching for hidden under a floorboard. Every Captain has some prized weapon they hide away, or at least the ones she always encountered did. Evangeline pulled the gun out of its holder and smiled at the result, she admired the handy work of the gun. It was definitely something she would be keeping on her, she attached the gun and holder to the weapons belt she had around her.

Now that the ship has come to a complete stop, Theo lets out a long sigh of relief. Hearing her words about docking it against the shore but not too close only makes him roll his eyes. He obviously doubts it very much. If it was really her intention on doing such a thing, she should have told him so that he wouldn't flipped out as he did. They may not like one another but it's only proper to tell their companions about their plans before they just go ahead and do it. Theo, thinking this, might be a hypocrite but right now, he could care less. At her question of why doesn't he just leave, he turns to face her. Her eyes are starting towards the water and he makes no attempt to move closer.

"Well, it's a bit too late for that now, isn't it, Evangeline? We're stuck in the middle of the ocean with one another whether you like it or not, lady. Now, at least, we don't have to worry about being near one another since we simply can't get along. Just, for the record, next time, tell me what you do before you scare me half to death. I have seen sailors and maidens run a ship a ground and it's not pretty." Trying to mend bridges, he adds, "Maybe it was a little wrong of me to shout but what the hell would you have done in my boots? That's the only way I seem to get my words into your thick head. Screaming - I can tell you hardly listen half the time I speak so... blah blah blah blah, you hear this? Nope, you're prolly already wholloping around in wonderland." Throwing up his hands, he is done and simply walks as far away from her as possible.

Curling up against the furthest beam to the bow of the ship, Theo wraps his arms around one another. The night sky keeps him company when he hears Evangeline move downstairs to the lower decks. In this moment of silence, he starts to think about why he really did come on this mission. Perhaps it was the tingling fear that his Captain would carve him up right then and there? Or was it just his own way of spiting his own Captain, wanting to gain this treasure and use it for his -own- personal prize instead of sharing it with his other men. It takes him a long time to fall asleep for his mind whirs constantly with questions mainly to himself about himself.

He may carry the walk of a pirate, the growling gruffness needed to survive in the open seas but his heart seems too pure. Touching his chest, he thinks about his so called ruthless fighting tequnique. Yes, he can hack a body up easily but he always feels a tingle of guilt afterwards. Shouldn't he be like his old Captain? Never looking back and never saying he is sorry? ... Perhaps he has gotten too soft by just being with Evangeline for less than a whole day. No matter what, he concludes, he will do his best to be the pirate the Red Blades are known for being. Sleep overtakes him, knowing that tomorrow they'll have some fun with the men whist they fight for their own lives against one another. That'll be quite a show! Theo even starts to dream about it but slowly his dreams turn to those of Evangeline with an unbiased eye. She is pretty, yes. Smart, yes. But... she is a Harlot and that weighs down any opposing qualities for she helps the woman who killed his Silver Beard, his father-like figure. The great thing about dreams is that Theo imagines himself -not- knowing that detail and surprisingly enough, he gets the feeling they could be friendly towards one another. But he knows he will think differently once his eyes open. He always does.

How was it so possible for someone to annoy her so much? Anger her so much. This man just got under her skin and she despised it, she absolutely detested him. Evangeline would have been better off after all, and just what was Gwendolyn thinking?! Yes Evangeline thought she was a pretty damn good fighter, but no matter how much she wouldn't admit it Theo was much stronger than her. Evangeline acted like it didn't bother her, she wasn't intimidated but it did bother her. It was physically impossible for her to be as strong as him, so that already put her at a major disadvantage. It wasn't really fair that he could be that strong, but that only mad Evangeline work ten times harder and her technique. It always had considering most men were stronger than her, but they were stronger than every female. It wasn't that she was weak because she wasn't, she had fought some strong men before and even won. It would just be easier if she had been able to be as strong as them.

Evangeline was just so done, she saw no reason why she should have to check things over with him before doing it. No. She wouldn't do that and in her mind she shouldn't have to, she knew what she was doing. Evangeline knew the plan, she knew the way, she knew the mission. What did Theo know? Nothing! He knew nothing! She had to tell him about this mission and what they were doing, and if he thinks she will ask him to do something before she does it then he is clearly mistaken. Evangeline isn't just some woman who will be pushed around by a guy and do whatever he says, ask before she does things, or practically cater to his every need. That wasn't her, so he might as well just forget about any of that. No Evangeline wasn't the perfect 'lady' she was far from that, and she was proud of it. So he could deal with her for all she cared, he just needed to stay out of her way and right now he was in it.

Deciding not to think about this anymore Evangeline decided to just go to bed, she looked around the Captain's Quarters until she found just a plain and simple white long sleeved shirt. There was no way she planned on sleeping in this tight corset, she took the red corseted top off and put on the shirt she had found. With that Evangeline just got into the bed, she needed sleep as it has been a long day. Way longer than she had intended it to be. Within minutes she was fast asleep, she was so different when she slept. Evangeline was more peaceful, and if you didn't know her you would assume she was just some girl who wouldn't speak and did whatever she was told. You would be in for a rude awakening, but that was jus thow peaceful of a sleeper she was. However thou it may not seem like it she doesn't have dreams, she has many nightmares through the night that she isn't aware of considering she never ends up remembering them in the morning. Evangeline hasn't had a real dream since she was kidnapped, but the whole experience just changed her. For the worst or for the better nobody will ever know.

Theo purposely faced the rising sun for in the morning he would feel the warmth that celestial sphere gives them. Opening his eyes slowly, he has to squint before gaining a complete horizon of vision. Glancing down to his chest, he finds no discomfort for Evangeline had not killed him in his peaceful sleep. What did I dream of? he asks himself internally, pushing his hair back and out of his face. If he were still on his old ship, he would be forced up and out of his own creaking cot. Thrown out on the deck of the ship and forced to get her sailing. An hour before that time, he learned quickly, would be when his internal schedule would wake him. Then he has time to limber up while the sun rises and able to deal with the spiteful tongues of the captain's favorite men as well as the captain himself.

Today is different. On this day, he simply sits and watches the sunrise, hearing the birds squawk as well as the flapping of wings. A seagull, for this island is a chain of islands attached to some mainland, circles above them, calling out to his fellow mates to swoop down and snatch fish from the water. Taking his time, he keeps his stiff back against the pole for as long as he can until standing up. His butt is raw and he has to walk it off in order not to waddle his way around the ship like an idiot. Not seeing Evangeline aboard, he figures she is either still sleeping or brooding over her mental maps, trying to figure out where they're going next. Trusting her with that information makes Theo unsettled, his core self wanting to be in power and in control. With her here, he has to share - an idea that isn't quite accepted under pirate kind.

Moving downstairs, he moves past the jailed up men, most of them fast asleep. One man, however, is as awake as the sun. Leaning over his barrel, the black haired foe presses his face right up to the bars as Theo passes. "Pssst." comes his whisper, not caring if anyone else heard. Theo, not really understanding why the man did such a secretive gesture with his hand if he was going to speak so normally. Anyway, he walks right up to the iron bars and glares at this young sailor, not knowing what else to do. "Friend... you know we're cut from the same cloth, right?" the toothy smile causes Theo's stomach to growl, the sound vibrating in his throat.

"You and I, 'friend', are nothing of that sort." The black haired man just shakes his head, giving Theo reasons why he should be released. Even as he speaks, Theo gives him no respect, looking away and scoffing at every chance he could. "You really think me that stupid? Well, think again. Only a fool would listen to your words, let alone actually pursue them. You'll have to be more cunning if you want -me- to help you escape. You could be my brother for all I care and I would leave you to die if that means I get to see the world for one more day."

Evangeline woke up at her usual time, she ran her fingers through her hair before rubbing her eyes. So this wasn't a nightmare, she was hoping to wake up and be back with the Dark Harlots. Of course Evangeline knew that wouldn't happen, but she could wish. She sat on the bed for a little since she had time, she got up and got changed out of the shirt she had on. Evangeline put her own clothes back on, but skipped the long sleeved shirt and just put on the corset top. It felt too hot out, so why would she make herself suffer for no reason. Evangeline looked in one of the mirrors and stared at herself for a minute. Not at her appearance or anything, but who she was. She was satisfied with who she was, but there was always one thing she was missing that she couldn't think of. Evangeline just pushed it aside before exiting the room.

Expecting to see Theo up there she was a little happy not to, she figured he probably went to the prisoners or something. Well wherever he went she was just glad he wasn't around, she needed her space sometimes. Evangeline wasn't used to always being with someone and a man at that, she was in a faction with all women so it was strange to be aboard the shame ship with all of these men. Actually it was disturbing to her, she figured the probably wouldn't like. Female on their ship but it was different. It was a bunch of them and one of her, she was the only woman there. If there were only one man and a bunch of women then they would understand how that feels. Of course there are many of them though, she rolled her eyes at just the thought of that. Why her? Just why, she did not want to be with these men on the same ship. Of course none of them would understand her, she might as well be speaking a language that is foreign to all of them. It was frustrating, and she couldn't wait for this trip to be over.

Turning her ocean blue gaze on the water she smiles as she thinks of sailing out there, she decided she would get them back on their course again, and guess what she didn't plan on telling Theo she was setting out to sail again. Evangeline got the ship moving and she put them back on course, she didn't find it too difficult of a thing to do since it just took a little more time and effort to do alone thought it wasn't impossible. Evangeline believed nothing was impossible, she believed that if she tried hard enough she could do whatever she believed she could do. "Four degrees. Fifty three minutes east." Evangeline mumbled to herself as she looked at the sun when it was highest so it was noon, she looked down at her compass then back to the sky. What was Evangeline doing? Well finding the angle of variation of course. Knowing the difference between true north and magnetic north was a matter of life and death.

Many pirates did not know that since they just weren't educated to know, but Evangeline was taught until she was fifteen. She learned a lot of things that many Pirates around did not know about, and her father was also a sailor. He learned that and always taught Evangeline, she was interested in everything her father did so she paid close attention to everything he told her. Of course she never listened to her mom, she did not want to be taught that wives were supposed to care for their husbands. Nope Evangeline didn't want to be taught that, so she never listened to her mother. Either way Evangeline was pretty smart, but she was also smart enough not to share her knowledge with others around her. Not even Gwendolyn knew Evangeline's past or her knowledge, she kept such things to herself.

The young sailor just shakes the tight iron bars, "Listen!" He snaps, sticking his hand out into the free world, trying to grab at Theo. The pirate just releases his sword from his hip, bringing it lightly down on the apertured gate. Even though he can feel the man's arm underneath his blade, he doesn't move a single muscle. "You're letting yourself be owned by that woman?" He growls, his own disgust of Evangeline clear in his tone. "She is no pirate and I heard her myself. As a friend to a friend - she is planning to kill you. I, on the other hand, can help. I know her plan you see," wrapping his ghostly fingers around the igneous black bars, he shows his stained, grotesque, teeth. Crooked and plotting, just as he is. "And I can assist you -but- only if you let me out of here. I won't just tell you her plan across this threshold ... I would need to show it to you, you see. She'll kill you, seduce you and throw you to the sea. Is that really what you want?"

The gray air of the cabin surrounds Theo. At first he cannot believe that this man is so brave to say such words. Should he just listen to them? No. This is just a trick from this abled sailor to flee from them or even attempt to kill them. Smiling darkly, his smile pulling at the corners of his lips, Theo steps closer, whispering to the man. "You want to get out? Really? You're saying that the woman up there," his finger points up, feeding right into the man's game, "is trying to kill me?" This is old information to him for Evangeline has told him herself that she wishes to run her blade through him and in return he wishes the same fate for her. Gulping, he plays his eyes as scared and the pirate gobbles it right up. With his own yellowed smile, the pirate nods happily, telling Theo that all he needs to do is get him out of here. Theo, on the other hand, has a different plan.

It's true that Theo has felt the ship start to move, the taught ropes and the splash of the sea against the bow. She plows her way right through the sparkling blue water. Leaning back from the iron gate, the smell of the sea blankets his senses. There is nothing better than a warm and salty breeze making its way through the portholes of this lower cabin. Theo smiles, "I'll be right back, friend." Turning around, he can't help but smirk, knowing the man's fate is now in his hands. His plan is settled and he comes up to the world once more, walking right over to Evangeline. "Good morning," he musters out, getting right to the point quickly, "I wish to teach the men below a lesson - keys?" Opening the palm of his hand, he waits for her to place the ring and the jingling skeleton keys in it. "I'll clean up the body no problem."

"Good morning." Said almost questioningly, and then she heard what she wanted. Evangeline nodded since she didn't care to be honest, she did give him a curious look though since she did not understand. "Okay, and when you finish we can start the show." Evangeline said with a grin as she thought about it, she loved the idea of the prisoners fighting for their lives right in front of her. The mass blood being spilled, the sound of their swords cutting in and out of bodies, and the sound of the splashes they will hear when the bodies are thrown overboard. Of course her and Theo would clean nothing, and the survivors or new members of their crew would be doing the cleaning. That would be part of their job anyway, she felt no pity for them either since they were foolish enough to get caught doing whatever they did.

Evangeline in clasped the silver chain around her neck that held they key to the prisoners, she hesitated a moment giving Theo an uneasy look until she reluctantly dropped the key and chain in his hand. Probably the first time she has actually trusted him, but the feeling didn't set well with her. For all she knew he could be planning something against her. She was the only one who knew where they were going yes, but Theo had said before he didn't care about this mission. He could probably easily succeed in killing her if he wanted by the help of those prisoners. Though she was hoping, or rather trusting that wasn't the case. No Evangeline has never gave anyone her trust, but right now they were Co Captains if you will. If there was anyone they were going to trust for right now is was going to be each other and hopefully he saw the same way as her.

This was such a big change for her, and she hated change. Changing rules or settings fine, but changing her thoughts or attitudes towards things she wasn't fond of. Who was really? Evangeline liked to think she was right about everything, and her ideas were always the best. Was this always the case? Probably not. Nobody was perfect after all, but she liked being better than other people. She had no idea why, but it was a satisfying feeling after all. She was sure she wasn't the only one who liked to be nightly ranked or thought of. Taking her mind off things Evangeline turned back to the wheel, she put her mind on other things like the show for one. That would surely put her in a better mood. Never has she witnessed people having to fight for there life's only to really entertain two people. The best part about it was after the mission was done the survivors will just be killed anyway.

Nodding, he just takes the keys and moves back downstairs. At first he is surprised that she gives in so easily. Stopping on the final step, he looks back up at the white light in the doorway. Wondering why she just didn't stop him, he actually thinks that she -trusts- him. Laughing at himself, he jumps the last step and brushes that stupid thought right out of his head. There is no possible way that woman would give a living shit about him or his feelings / thoughts. Laughing, he even kicks his boot against the floor. But now is not the time for his aimless thoughts, he can settle them later. When they're not talking to them on the open ocean, he can just use that time and think. Not just think but ponder.

Jingling the keys, his new 'friend' smiles and hurries him over to the lock. Revealing his sword once more, Theo brings it up to ward the men back from the gate. Opening it, he pulls the man out and quickly shoves the lock back where it was. A satisfied click erupts and Theo quickly brings his boot into the man's gut before he has any time. His foe keels over, bringing him the perfect opportunity to shove his knee into his face. All he sees his a flash of red as the mess of hair flies up and he topples over with a yell. Starting to plead with Theo, he warns him not to hit him again or else he will regret it. Glancing towards the lock again, it's completely locked. "What was that?" He shouts, placing his hand around his ear, wanting to hear the man's mumbling. His silver sword comes up and buries itself right into the man's neck, watching as the blood spurts over the floor.

Not waiting to hear the rolling of his head, Theo looks back up to the shouting and shocked prisoners. They yell insults and death threats but there is no way he is letting it penetrate him. They're criminals and therefore are below him. He has no respect for them. One by one, they're brought up to the deck of the ship and forced to clash swords. Theo, having quite a bit of fun, even has a few wash the bloody floor once they're done. All of that blood being pushed into the sea. Theo scares them with stories of sharks and monstrous beasts. "Should we just push the rest of these men off and have them scream and drown?" Seeming amused, Theo licks his lips, smiling.

Once the men were brought up to fight one by one Evangeline watched them closely, she made sure to study their every move too. Evangeline was also enjoying them killing each other, she couldn't help but smile as the whole fighting seen went on. It was pretty grotesque and these prisoners were brutal in killing each other, but that only made it more fun to watch. They got so worked up over it that it was great, she figured Theo was having as good of a time as her watching this. She had to say some of these men were really bad at fighting, but others were more vicious. It obviously came down to who had been imprisoned longer and who hadn't. The men who have been here a while were drained and weak, but the newer ones still had enough strength to fight.

Upon hearing Theo's words Evangeline turned her gaze to him, she looked back at the prisoners before keeping her crystal blue gaze on Theo. "I don't think they will have time to drown before the are eaten alive." Evangeline said in all seriousness since she wasn't joking. All of the blood being pushed off of the ship was of course going to attract sharks, so pushing them off into the water where the blood was would result in them being attacked and eaten alive by sharks. No doubt about that. "We will spare their lives though. In return for their service." Of course they would need the rest of the men to help work the ship, and if there were any storms or they got into a battle with another ship then they would need the men. So for now they got to live, but of course they had to work. Evangeline wouldn't take any disrespect either, so if they said anything about her being a woman then she would gladly kill them. No. She decided she wouldn't kill them, but just make them fear her.

"When we get what we need we can kill them." Evangeline said to Theo low enough so only he could hear, she did not plan on telling these prisoners their plans. Also she wanted it to come as a surprise, she thought that would be much more fun. Evangeline turned the wheel one notch to keep it going in the direction she needed, she looked ahead of them to make sure there was nothing that would come in contact with the ship. Just as she thought there wasn't. Evangeline glanced up to the sky to see what the weather would be like, she thought it could go either way but for now it was very nice. That was a good thing, she didn't want to deal with any complications as of now.