Adventures in Minron

Status
Not open for further replies.
This sounds like it could be good fun! Is there still room for another character?

*SIGH* Despite how much I want to do this role play, my health is restricting me. I wont pour my health issues into this plot thread but the bottom line is I'm not sure when I will be able to reply. I'd like to keep my sheet in and perchance when I am feeling better (I'm shooting for a month) I can find a way to place my character into the already flowing story. Basically I'm saying don't wait for me, go ahead and start the role play. Best of luck to you guys and I hope to join you when I'm better!!
Awww...Well, I hope you get better soon. ;^; Make sure to take good care of yourself.
I'm defiantly interested. Working on a Character now and shall have it up soon.
Wonderful! :D

(Let me know if I should change anything, it is late and I am on my phone so I might have missed something)

Name: Mary Deltanon (Common aliases: "May Reldanton", and "Scarlet")

Race: Lumin

Class/Role: tracker

Weapon of Choice:
Three daggers- while she leaves the fighting to her brother she always has the daggers on hand in case things get a little too hairy.

A small vial of poison- although she has never had to use it Mary always has a bit of very strong poison on her person at all times. While Max cooked up the mix and is the one who makes her wear it, the idea of always having poison on hand is something that came from their mentor. The poison was actually a precaution just incase they were ever captured.

Skills:
Information- nowadays in the cities finding ones target is more a matter of getting the best information. And Mary is one of the best at what she does whether it be by seduction, bribery, sitting at a bar eves dropping on someone's conversation, or even less tasteful methods she will do what she can find her target.

Tracking- while most of her tracking does not involve following someone's foot prints in the rain, through the mud, on a heavily travled road, she is able to do so when the need arises.

Hand to hand combat- she is not the greatest at it but, she practices whenever she can.

Agility- generally a useful thing to have when you want to follow a target without being on street level.

Dancing- not something she does a lot of but, she has always loved dancing, and being pretty darn good at it, it is something she hardly ever rejects an invitation for.
Appearance:
In all appearance Mary can easily pass as completely human. Her hair is very long, just about reaching the small of her back, and blonde, like early season wheat. Since she often has to go from a fancy party to running across roof tops she tends to put it up in a stylized bun, just something that will look nice enough for her to blend in and will not get in the way when she is on the job. Her eyes, like her brothers, are a bright vivid blue, probably the only hint, for her, of her Lunarin parent. Her skin is lightly tanned and while the majority of it is smooth and even, her hands and knees show the wear and tear from training. A tall lethe figure she is not against flaunting her figure and is often seen with a small flirtatious smile on her lips.
Personality: As she is so found of telling her brother she is a lover not a fighter. With just everyday people she meets she tries to be nice and polite but in a forgettable kind of way. This is mainly because she has been taught to not make friends, unless the person has something to offer, but not to make enemies, as you make enough as it is working as a mercenary and you can't afford anymore. This is has become a bit of a problem as she has very few friends, and has trouble forming new attachments with people. If people try and get to close she will try and give them the cold shoulder or try to be more hostile so that they will back off. However if you get past that whole stage she is actually very sweet and very loyal. She may not really be the best at fighting but, she can hold her own in most fights and will always have your back. She and her brother work together as a pair and since she tends to be the more boisterous of the two she often takes the lead and does the talking for them.

History: (See Max)

Reason for Becoming an Adventurer & Joining the Academy: she wants to become just like her mentor Karra

Name: Max Deltanon (Common aliases: "Lenant Adox", "feather")

Race: Lumin

Class/Role: ranger

Weapon of Choice:
Two daggers- for fighting in close quarters.

Sword- mostly just for show. He doesn't often take it with him on assignments, he just wears it during the day to get people to back off.

Long bow- what kind of ranger would he be without a bow?

Poison- this is actually his most preferred method of getting a target. Much less fuss, much less mess. He utilizes a variety of concoctions that he has put together himself. From stuff that kills very quickly to mixtures that merely disorientate the victim for a while.

Skills:
Close quarter combat- this is basically just hand to hand and knife fighting. While he prefers a more stealthy approach he is a good person to have around in a brawl and can easily hold his own.

Shooting- he is quite a good shot with a bow and rarely misses his target.

Herbalism- most of his knowledge lies in the brewing and crafting of poisons however he does have an above average knowledge of different plants and their uses.

Sword play- not very good at it, but he has some training and for the most part he finds that jus having a sword on him gets people to keep their distance.

Stealth- something that he is constantly using and working on. The only person he can't seem to sneak up on is his sister but, that is just because she knows him so well.

Drawing- probably from his good hand eye coordination but, whatever it is he definently has some talent in that field. He also has quite beautiful penmanship.

Appearance:
Of the two Max shows much more Lunarin than his sister. They do share the same bright blue eyes, with Max's being perhaps slightly paler. His hair has passed beyond the point of blonde and is the distinct silver color of a Lunarin. He keeps it on the longer side, mostly because the only times he gets it cut is when Mary wrestles him into a chair and cuts it for him. His skin is tanned, darker than his sisters, as he tends to spend more time out in the sun that his sister, although they will joke that they should both be sheet white working so many nights. The dead give away of his mixed heritage, if his hair wasn't enough, is the fact that his ears are very distinctly pointed. He is tall like his sister but more on the built side, the long hours of training showing in his physique.

Personality:
Very quiet Max doesn't socialize a lot. To people who he is just meeting he can seem a bit cold and unsociable at times. This is mainly just because he has been bullied a lot making him shy, reserved, and often defensive. He is really a sweet guy and will always lend a helping hand when it is needed. Unlike his sister how purposely pushes people away so that she, or they, will not get hurt, Max does it subconsciously tending to assume the worse until someone proves him wrong. True he has met many nice people in the Sapphire kingdom, but he has also met a lot of people who pick on him and try and make his life miserable solely because he is a hybrid. He is sometimes a little jealous of his sister because she can pass as human and walk almost wherever she pleases but, he loves his sister to much to let those feelings last for any length of time. As a friend he a good guy, and extremely loyal. He might not always be the first to speak up but, he will stand with you till the end.

History:
As far as anyone cares to figure out Mary and Max come from actually a very wealthy human family. Their mother was a raised in luxury and like many nobles believed it was their right to live as grandly as possible. She was to be married to a Lunarin from an even wealthier merchant family from the Ruby kingdom. For several months the man who was to be her husband came to the court and used the time to basically win her over. It was not the perfect match, at least not for the to-be weds, but, slowly they developed a close bond. Just two months before their scheduled wedding they shared a private moment at the family's estate. They thought nothing of it, who would care once they were wed. However something happened and the Lunarin family's business fell into ruin. And like that, the wedding was called off, for what family wanted to marry a bunch of poor nobodies.
However things have a funny way of working themselves out. It was descovered that the woman was pregnant, much to the horror of the family who was already in the process of arranging another marriage. So they hid the girl away, stalling the arangments until after she had finally given birth to twins.

He children were then taken away and given to a distant relative. The woman they were given to was not overly fond of the children, why should she have to deal with a couple of half bred bastard children. For six years she took care of them until finally she grew bored of them and had them sold off. While the woman concocted some half backed story of fatal illness to feed the rest of the family, Max and Mary were taken away to the Ruby kingdom. It was only by chance that they avoided ending up on the black market.

On route the coach they were riding in with other captives was stopped by a group of bandits. While they were released like the other captives they had no place to return to and so the group adopted the pair. It was a tough life style, the bandits, called the Songs, were known for their strong opposition the the slave trade, stopping carts with freshly caught slaves, and stealing goods from carts of merchants known to use slave labor. It was here that the two learned their first life lessons, and also got a taste for what would come next. At eight years old they met Karra the person who was to become their first real teacher. Karra was a free lance mercenary, a Jill-of-all-trades, and someone with a lot of connections. Things had been getting very rough for the Songs, a long hard winter had weakened them and their leader, did not feel good about having these two young kids just hanging around starving. So he took them to the only person he trusted outside of the group, Karra.

At first Karra refused she was nine years their senior, enjoying her first real prime years, a real salt of the earth kind of person. But, after a little convincing she finally agreed to take the two on. It was a shaking relationship to say the least. The twins, Mary a bit more so, we're sti used to being spoiled, even with the Songs they were babied and given a lot of leeway. Karra on the other hand was not the kind of person to take sass from anyone. But, they were stuck with eachother and maraculously they found some kind of way of not killing eachother. For the most part Karra did not like the idea of involving the kids in the mercenary business. Sure she would teach them as much as she could about the ways of the world but, she was always hesitant to teach them ways to kill people. For two years they travled together Karra trying to teach her charges everything she could and Mary and Max trying to learn everything they could. Finally one day Karra sat the two down and asked them if they were really so intent on becoming mercenaries, since they of course both answered yes she agreed to help them enter the mercenaries guild.

Several months later they were both excepted and their training started. They do not see Karra much anymore, she is afraid to come to close to the mercenaries guild being a freelancer herself. But, she sends them coded notes and sometimes even a bit of money to help them pay of the debt. Their notes are always coded, Karra is to paranoid for them not to be, but, it is always nice for them to hear from her specially since they now know first hand the dangers of the job. Karra is now also indespencible as a contact as she has spent more time in the business than either of them so she has a trick or two up her sleeve.

Reason for Becoming an Adventurer & Joining the Academy:
Wishes to protect his sister, earn some respect for himself, and become like his mentor Karra.

I believe it was determined that you could only play one character in this RP. I could be putting words in the GM's mouth, however.

(Let me know if I should change anything, it is late and I am on my phone so I might have missed something)

Name: Mary Deltanon (Common aliases: "May Reldanton", and "Scarlet")
Name: Max Deltanon (Common aliases: "Lenant Adox", "feather")
Basil is indeed correct. Each person is only allowed to have one character. Also, if you check further up you can see that two people already stated that they wanted to join, and I only want six people (including myself), or basically five other players. I could maaaybe extend the number by one, but I'm not sure if it's a great idea. I don't think I'd be able to manage six other players. :/

And, sorry everyone that I haven't been that active on here lately. I meant to post more stuff, but all I ended up doing was editing the map slightly. ;___; I've been having writer's block. >__<

Also, I haven't posted my character yet because I'm waiting to see what type of characters everyone else is playing as before I make my own. :> So far I've just been making some basic ideas and I planning to flesh out one of them more once all the other characters are decided on.

Aright my bad, I was unsure because on the front page you just say that you want six rpers, with no real mention to characters. And the last people to show interest posted thursday so I decided to give it a shot.

Aright my bad, I was unsure because on the front page you just say that you want six rpers, with no real mention to characters. And the last people to show interest posted thursday so I decided to give it a shot.
Sorry. :( I did like your characters. Maybe there will be an opening in the future?... Anyways, good luck with your rping. ^_^'

Don't worry about it, and thanks. I will keep an eye out incase that does ever happen. And I hope this rp lives for a long time yet, good luck!

• Thank You
Reactions: Dream Spirit
Name: Braith Halloran

Race: Human

Class/Role: Ranger

Weapon of Choice: A yew longbow or a simple iron dagger when closed in upon

Skills: Archery, horsemanship, tracking, survivalist skills

Appearance:
Dead_Eye.jpg
Height: 5'7"
Weight: 135 lbs.

Personality: In her earlier years, Braith may have been much more cheerful and quick to smile. Since fleeing the Ruby Kingdom and coming to the Academy though, she's become more cynical and sarcastic. She's loyal and caring, but only to those who have earned her trust, and even then she does her best to hide the truth of her past behind a thick layer of sass. Mutual friendship would mean opening up about her father, and she is far from eager to share the details of how she was raised.

History: Braith Halloran was born in the Sapphire Kingdom, but raised in the Ruby Kingdom. Her father, Aneirin Halloran was a lowly porter, haunted by his inability to provide for his wife, Glynis, and daughter. Indirectly pressured by his wife's father, a local butcher who was slightly more well-of, he struck up a deal with a Ruby Kingdom slaver and began to smuggle slaves across the border. Unfortunately, it was only so long before things went wrong and Aneirin was forced to flee the country with his wife and daughter in tow. Braith was still only a girl at this point.
Growing up in the Ruby Kingdom and surrounded by slaves and slavers, Braith had very few good influences. Her father began to drift further and further from his original intention of providing for his family as the years passed, and her mother became the only stabilizing force in the girl's life. While Aneirin built up a slave empire and dreamed of a son to continue his legacy, Glynis raised her daughter to be a faithful Tridistian and to treat the household slaves with kindness. Although she continually strove to impress her father, practicing archery and horsemanship to fill the roll of son as best she could, Braith was always closer to her mother and a few of the slaves that helped bring her up.
Shortly after she turned 17, Braith decided she couldn't bear her father's cruel treatment of some of the people she considered family. When Aneirin threatened to sell Braith's dearest friend, a Draconian named Idris, Braith secretly arranged for the slave and his family to leave the plantation in the dark of night and make for the Sapphire Kingdom. Somehow, the entire family survived the escape attempt and Aneirin awoke the next morning to find significantly fewer slaves managing his household. In a rage, he accused Braith of treachery, but Glynis stepped in and claimed the plot had been entirely hers. Aneirin struck her down and strangled her to death. Terrified for her own life, Braith fled as well, following closely behind Idris.
When she arrived in the Sapphire Kingdom, she found herself without money and without a name of any importance. She couldn't find her friend and she was afraid her father may have agents searching for her, so she turned to the one source of both money and protection that she could find: the Mercenaries Guild.

Reason for Becoming an Adventurer & Joining the Academy: When she arrived in the Sapphire Kingdom, she found herself without money and without a name of any importance. She couldn't find her friend and she was afraid her father may have agents searching for her, so she turned to the one source of both money and protection that she could find: the Mercenaries Guild.

Well, I pmed Zadera and they said that they are too busy for the rp, but this now means ET4252 (just ET?) will be joining us. :3 I already talked to them by pm and they told me some basic details on their character, so that means that I can write up my character and work on the introduction. ^o^ Woot!

Reactions: Neohmi and Rufiya
Marilyn Valrok

Race: Lunarin & Draconian Hybrid

Class/Role: Illusionist

Weapon of Choice: Magic, mostly illusions. She prefers using illusions to physical attacks because she doesn't like harming others.

Skills/Abilities: magic (mostly illusionary magic), lore, =fire resistance, =fire breath, =fast regeneration, =heightened sense of smell, =resistance to poison/venom, magic aura sense (due to being Lunarin and Draconian), baking

Appearance:
Minron_Marilyn.jpg
Long, thick silver hair (usually kept in a braid), dark bluish skin, black eyes with red irises, long pointed ears, and a small slender build. She also has black scales that cover her hands, her arms (ending just above the elbow), her back, a little bit of her neck, and of course on her tail. The end of her tail has a small spike on the end and tiny sharp ridges along the length of the rest of her tail.

Personality: Marilyn is a very easy-going person. Her voice is soft and calming, her movements and mannerisms gentle, and her expression usually peaceful. She loves helping others, and also has an odd habit of spouting off random facts that she remembers from her readings or experiences. Despite her gentle nature, many feel distrustful or afraid of her due to her unusual appearance, and her obvious mixed heritage.

History: Marilyn's father Kor Valrok, was a draconian from a noble family, though not an exceptionally wealthy one, living in the port city of Anchron in the Sapphire Kingdom (north-east of the capital). He was expected to marry another draconian girl from another noble draconian family, the Rithtor. The marriage was to the benefit of both of the families and was arranged by the parents of the two. However, Kor was in love with a Lunarin girl named Celia from a simple middle class family.

Kor and Celia had known each other since they were quite young. Celia's was the daughter of a baker that lived on the outskirts of the noble district. Kor and his family had often gone there to buy bread and cakes from them. The baker, Celia's father, was quite popular with many of the noble families. Many knew her father by name and some even came in sometimes just to chat.
When they were both older Kor would sometimes walk to the bakers himself, usually just to see Celia. Over time, their close friendship blossomed into romance. Unfortunately though, their dreams were shattered when Kor's arranged marriage was announced to him. The two didn't know what to do. Kor barely knew his bride-to-be and was already very in love with Celia. There was no way that Kor could not be with Celia.

Kor announced to his family his love for Celia. They did not approve. Firstly, she was a commoner. There was no way they could have their son marry a commoner and taint their family name. Secondly, she was a Lunarian. His parents were not really racist against Lunarians, but they knew that such a pairing was not suitable. The two of them would likely not be able to have children, and even if they did it would likely not be born healthy. No matter how they looked at it, the two should not be together.

Celia's parents as well were not fond of the idea of the two marrying for the same reason that the two could not, or really should not bear children. However, Celia and Kor were much too in love, and really, besides being of two incompatible races, they were very compatible partners. And thus, the two ran away from home together.

The couple settled in a town close to the country's capital in a place called Grovith. The two opened a bakery there and lived there happily together for two years. After the second year together though, the two longed for a child. They knew that it was likely that the two possibly couldn't bear children, but they tried nonetheless.

Another two years later, and Marilyn was born. She most closely resembled her mother's race with silver hair, dark bluish skin, red eyes (unusual but not unnatural), and long pointed ears, except that she was born with a few black scales and a tail. Her scales were not extremely noticeable, but her tail stood out quite a bit.

Marilyn also faced some health problems. She grew much slower than the average Lunarian or Draconian child and she was also a lot weaker. Also, her magic was very unstable. Often when she was in a very emotional state her magic would seem to fire off at random, and she also had trouble controlling her fire breath. It seemed to act up even more whenever she was near moonstones due to the high flow of magic they emanated.

When Marilyn was young she was often bullied for being a half-breed, mostly by pure blooded Lunarian and Draconian children. Her parents were often ridiculed as well for having a half-breed child. This made them feel guilty, so they ended up trying to hide her mixed heritage by having her wear long sleeved blouses, long skirts, and long dresses that could cover her tail and scales. Her appearance was not the biggest of her worries though.

Marilyn's influence on magic often caused many problems for her. Sometimes when playing with other children if she became upset things would randomly catch on fire or other strange things would happen. Neither of her parents was a mage or knew that much about magic so they simply tried to keep her away from any strong sources of magic and discouraged her from trying to use it. However, she did not want her magic to always be a danger or disability to her, so she instead strove to control it.

There were no libraries in Grovith, but there was a shop that sold some books and scrolls. Marilyn saved up her money so that she could buy any books she could find on magic. These books were quite expensive though, and she had to save up a lot of money to buy her first book. When she was a bit older her parents let her keep a bit of the profits from the bakery, which she used to buy more books. Eventually, she ended up not buying books just out of necessity, but also out of a simple love of reading.

In order to control her magic Marilyn also practiced meditation. Having a calm mind helped her to control her magic and keep it from lashing out. Eventually she was able to keep a calm mind in nearly any situation. As a result of her meditation, she also learned to understand herself and became less insecure about her appearance. She stopped trying to hide her tail and scales and accepted herself for what she was.
---------------------
One day, a group of mercenaries from the guild past through her town, they were spreading word of the newly opened academy. When Marilyn heard that there was training available for mages at the academy, she immediately returned home to inform her parents that she would be leaving to study there. They were not especially keen on her going to an academy for adventurers, but they knew that there was no way that they could convince her not to go. And thus, Marilyn became a student at the Adventurers' Academy.

Reason for Becoming an Adventurer & Joining the Academy: To learn to control her magic, but also so that she can later travel all across Minron and discover some of its secrets.

Reactions: Neohmi
Status
Not open for further replies.