Do you think this roleplay would benefit from roleplay perks?

• Total voters

Absyinthe_Artica

Creator of Worlds
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Not accepting invites at this time
Posting Speed
  1. One post per day
  2. 1-3 posts per week
  3. One post per week
Online Availability
Everyday
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Advanced
  4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
Genres
Fantasy, Modern, Magical, Sc-fi, Horror, Steampunk, anything really

Adhara's Expedition

Interest Check

The Adhara; is a magnificent space vessel that's fully equipped for interstellar space travel, and within it are many gadgets and tools to document its Expedition through the stars. Its sole purpose: to keep a record of every planet in the known universe. The ship was created by an elite team of scientists that yearned for more tangible information from beyond. The future is now, and the time is right for several intelligent individuals to board the Adhara and make scientific headway for all communities of Earth. The first stage of the Expedition documents the inhabitants, customs, flora, and fauna of the Sol system, the system in which Earth resides. The newest technology allows us to continue forward until we reach the end of the observable universe. This is a long-term science fantasy roleplay that aims to understand space and all we know about it while creating some things along the way.

The Known Universe

uXCsMY.jpg

Adhara Class 10 Luxury Explorer

uXClVc.jpg

Information to Discuss

If you are interested in this idea, let me know! As well, here is some important information to discuss before the OOC is established.

Adhara's Crew Members

The main characters of this roleplay are the crew members that embark on the Adhara to document the Known Universe. It is a massive ship, and there would need to be people of every type to fill the roles required to run it and complete the missions tasked to the crew. The set number of crew members is not determined, and as long as we can find a reason for them to be on the ship, they should be fine to come aboard. The mission isn't necessarily to colonize every planet they come across but to document every aspect so the Galactic Federation of Sol can utilize this data for the future of Earth and the system it lives in.

Adhara's Missions

The Adhara is the vessel for the crew to travel across the universe. The Galactic Federation of Sol (the entity representing the scientific body on Earth) sends objectives or missions to the crew to hopefully aim them in the direction of best intent. The goal is to document and understand every aspect of the alien life beyond the barrier of what we can understand tangibly. Each mission sends the crew to different sections of the Known Universe for some reason or another; a sample here, a recorded conversation with a native there. Whatever the reason, each member has a duty assigned to them once a planet has been breached. Ideas for missions and plot points are open for debate.

The Universe Compendium

With the map of the Known Universe, as the story progresses, different stages of the Compendium are unlocked. A completed Compendium is the most coveted prize of the entire Expedition. It is a record of the events, lives, flora, fauna, and all other aspects of each place within the universe.

Alliances and Adversaries

The universe is vast and filled with a variety of life, both sentient and not. The Adhara's Crew Members have the goal to document this life and hopefully understand how they feel about Earth and its home system, Sol. There will be Allies and Adversaries amongst the stars, and depending on who you befriend or anger, they will determine different outcomes for the future of the roleplay.

Interest in Roleplay Perks

I'd like to actually ask folks who may be interested in this roleplay if they would want additional roleplay perks added to the roleplay? You can also vote in the poll. These perks would be ultimately decided by you guys this time if we have them. However, to give you guys some examples of what this roleplay could have; a Level/Stat System, Reputation System for Planets, Official Trade System, and so much more. Let me know what you think!

Sounds very Trek. Is the Federation Terran-only or does it include other sentient species?

Sounds very Trek. Is the Federation Terran-only or does it include other sentient species?
I would say several sentient species aren't based on Earth. The whole Sol system has different creatures that inhabit the planets. The goal is to gain allies within other star systems so they join the "Federation". Did you have a specific idea in mind?

Hmm. I was wondering about some kind of non-Terran exile from their own civilisation who's working with the Terrans to get their people to join the Federation. So kind of like a Worf or K'Ehleyr.

Is the universe generally at peace or is there a major conflict somewhere like between two other starfaring civilisations?

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Absyinthe_Artica
That could work! You'd have to give me descriptions of what those species are but I'm sure they would work.

The idea is that most of the universe is peaceful, however, the plot points for the roleplay may involve some conflict like that, among other things.
Certain planets may be more dangerous than others.

I have a couple of concepts in mind, one being the Kathakari, a race of humanoids who go about veiled or masked as part of an elaborate cultural code of stylised dress and gesture to display not only social status and occupation but also emotional state, commitments and attachments. The object of this code is to bring the outer self into harmony with the inner; hence they place great emphasis on sincerity and honour. They also happen to have incredible kinesthetic sense, which makes them amazing dancers and superb warriors, depending on how they choose to express it.

• Bucket of Rainbows
That sounds interesting! If you'd like to have a character like that then that would be fine. What kind of role would they play on the Adhara?

They could really play a variety of roles. They might have that cultural quirk but otherwise they're just as varied and able as any other species. Security or Helm might work well.

Excellent! Let's see if we can get some more people on board!

I would love to be a part of this if possible <3

• Bucket of Rainbows
Awesome! Glad to have you on board! I will start working on an OOC ASAP. Did you have any questions for me?

Reactions: ValGalorian
1648006543432.png
Name: Alrus Malfido
Combat Medic/Ex snipper will fill in the rest later