Academy for Supers OOC (anime super school)

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dunruffle

Original poster
latest

The year is 2055, the world has entered a new age of technology and progress. Mars is being colonized and the moon has become a vacation spot. Around the year 2032 the sun released a sun flare of unprecedented size. The flare swept over earth and caused widespread panic. The only lingering effects of the flare was a low level of cosmic radiation. After much research the scientific community assured the public that there would be no adverse affects. Around 5 years later something amazing happened. People began discovering superhuman powers. As with all things there was both good and bad sides. Heroes emerged as well as villains, throwing the world into turmoil. After several years of chaos the world government created a haven for super humans. This place became known as Eden, for it was a place of learning and acceptance. The main purpose of Eden was to train superhuman to be responsible members of society. It also serves as the main base of the Superhuman Defense Force. The largest section is the academy. Sporting both classrooms, club rooms, and training facilities. The academy also does not discriminate against any sort of superpower, whether it be dark magic, self made technology, or simply bad attitudes.

The school acts like a normal high school, with freshman, sophomores, juniors, and seniors. The student body is ruled over by the student council. The student council is made up of the strongest and smartest students and rule with absolute authority. Over the years there have been many battles for obtaining a spot on the student council. The current student council is run by arguably one of the greatest students in the history of the academy. He overthrew the student council as a freshman and is now in his junior year. Those that have tried to rise against him have been put down by his elite council staff.

Disputes are settled like medieval duels, with an official mediator and a custom made arena for duels. Each new batch of freshman are split into groups and put under the care of an older student. This gives each class a means of guidance and enforcement. The dorms function in the same way, each hall is made up of one homeroom group and their mentor acts as the hall monitor. While the dorms are co-ed, boys and girls are not allowed to share a dorm room. Each dorm room fits 2 people with enough space for some furniture. Each hall has a designated rest area that acts both as a living room, gathering area, and kitchen.

Your characters are new freshman, this rp will focus around both school life and superhero training. Each character has a power rank. Power ranks indicate the strength of their superpower on a scale of 1 to 5, 1 being lowest, 5 being highest. Now before everyone goes off making all rank 5 characters hear this. The more powerful the character, the more restrictions that character will have. The school has safety measures to prevent incidents and one of those is the inhibitor collar. The collar is placed on students with a power rank of 4 or higher and brings the strength of their power down to a rank 3 level. Freshman and Sophomores are required to wear their collars at all times. Once they become a junior, they are given a test to show that they can control themselves and their power. If they pass the test, they are allowed to not wear a collar. For students receiving punishment, their inhibitor collar gets upgraded to a null collar. A null collar bring their power level down to a 1 and is used so that unruly students can be disciplined.

Now in my experience, the one thing that brings down school rps are the actual classes. Having to type out every class for the day severely prolongs the length of each day and slows down progress. So the day will be structured like this:
-morning
-homeroom
-lunch
-after classes
-curfew
The signal to end the day will be curfew. I do not want to have to wait on two people who decide to have their characters stay up all night. I will have a CS for my main characters that I will be playing as but i will also put up a list of important npc's and their characteristics.

Sorry for the long intro but i just want to be clear on how this rp will function. I hope we can have a good time in this rp. ^.^

Character Sheet:
Name:
Appearance:
Power rank:
Power:
Personality:
History:
Other: (any extra stuff you may want to add)

Rules:
-No god modding
-Respect others
-Respect other players
-Posts should at least be one paragraph, preferably two
-No harassment or bullying of other players, any disagreements should either be resolved OOC or told to me (the GM)
-If you have an idea or suggestion please put it in the OOC, hijacking scenes will not be tolerated.
-Everyone should post at least once per week, preferably more.
-If you are going to be gone/absent please let me know ahead of time.
-The posting order will be set in the beginning and will be followed. Please don't fill up a page with posts between two people
-GM word is law (I will be a fair and benevolent god)
-up to 2 characters per person

Last edited by a moderator:
Character Sheet:
Name: Nils Maupin
Appearance:
b1d4182c1f6f414d1e6bb23839cd5a8e.jpg

Power rank: -redacted-
Power: Gravity

Personality: Laid back and mellow. Nils goes with the flow and likes to see people smile. He is acts like an older brother to those younger than him and often goes out of his way to help people. He is also slightly lazy and likes to laze around whenever he can.

History: Nils had a normal childhood. when he was 10 his powers manifested and his parents did not know what to do. They tried to help Nils as best as they could but were largely unsuccessful. when Nils turned 15, his parents sent him off to Eden to learn how to harness his powers. Nils joined the school and was largely a mediocre student. He did not stand out until his sophomore year when he -redacted- a -redacted-. soon after he was recruited by -redacted- to act as their -redacted- he reluctantly took the job. now in his junior year, Nils has become a mentor for a new group of students.

Two suggestions. When it comes to my power level I honestly will roll a dice for it. Just a personal thing. But that's a suggestion got everyone as an option step. Second off, I feel like the powers need to be more defined. I've been in plenty of RPs where people join a RP and just out for example Fire on their power section. Well that's great but what distance and radius. Can they craft fireballs or fire streams. Super strength sweet but to what extent.

Sure, I am purposely leaving nils' power vague since he is gonna be all mysterious and such. With my other characters I will be more descriptive. Thanks for checking in as what you said kinda slipped my mind

Name: Kamilla Vattros
Appearance:

a73b0e89dca5cf4929ed2835cc727406.jpg

Power rank: 3
Power: Ice

With these ice abilities, Kamilla is able to create ice from thin air or from water and manipulate it to whatever she sees fit. Though Kamilla must be touching the water in some way as she cannot do so with her mind. She may also create icy tempests and drop the temperature to -30 degrees. However, all of these abilities require water in the air, on her person, or directly from her body as a last resort measure. If she goes overboard with these abilities and uses up all the water in her system, she will die.

The Icy tempests are reliant on emotions like anger or sadness, which makes the user lose control of themself and their senses. These winds are capable of freezing over a room or accidentally killing herself if the emotion dwells on too long. Knocking her unconscious is the best way to solve this problem.

Personality:

Kamilla is an incredibly refined and controlled individual due to her mother's over protectiveness as a child. Though meek and shy, she was taught in every shape, way, and form to be a true lady. This often comes off as strange or unnatural to other people, as she appears stiff, weird, or not of their country. Despite her behavior, she is kind and caring to those she meets. One mistake on her behalf will have her apologizing profusely to the person she inconvenienced. Though annoying to her, she cannot stop herself from doing so.

History:

Kamilla's powers were first discovered when her father's doctor had performed a C-section on his wife, only to discover patches of ice within the womb. The baby was unharmed and everything had turned out fine. Had Kamilla's mother not have the ice powers as well, her daughter would have surely killed her.

As the years progressed, her parents' relationship began to strain. Her father, an expert fighter and B student graduate from Eden, wanted his daughter to be able to defend herself in hand to hand combat. While her mother, a conservative and well mannered woman, wanted to keep her out of danger and raise her to be a noble little girl as she intended her to be. Their arguments never ceased, and as Kamilla grew older, the relationship strained further until the eventual divorce between her parents.

With her mother, Kamilla learned everything about etiquette and the proper way to do everything. She was never allowed to hunch over, nor was she allowed to talk too loudly or out of term, which only encouraged the soft voice she speaks with today. Her father had once stated that even her laugh sounded incredibly refined. Kamilla's mother never allowed her to have too many friends, and always wanted to meet whoever her daughter wanted to hang out with. The first few times this happened, Kamilla had tried to rebel by having friends outside of her mother's knowledge. This resulted in her mother eventually finding out and spanking her every time she tried this stunt.

With her father, she could only manage to learn the basics of combat training without the need to be proper getting in the way. This was annoying him, but in the end, he decided to train her in the way only she knew how. By mixing fighting with being proper.

Though it didn't go as well as he hoped, Kamilla still managed to learn and build some physical strength. However, she can still be bested in battle by someone physically superior than her.

Her mother, who believed her ready, decided to send her daughter to Eden to further learn how to control her ice abilities. She was sick of needing to microwave cups to free them of their frosty chambers every time Kamilla tried to help with the dishes. Kamilla, too, was excited to finally get to experience something other than proper training.

Other:

-Is quite strong for her appearance due to her father's secret training, but can only do so much with it.

Reactions: Dunruffle
Name:
Kenta Yamasaki
Appearance:
15%2B-%2B1

Power rank:
Power:
Can materialize weapons out of thin air (Although they typically aren't very strong)
Personality:
Kenta is reserved and cold towards others, and is both reckless and fearless. Despite being narrow-minded towards wanting only to kill every evil-doer, he puts friends before his goals. Most people view this attitude as "cute", but Kenta just calls it prioritizing. He has a soft spot for other orphans, as he feels their pain, but otherwise has a hard time making friends due to his arrogance.
History:
As a young boy, Kenta's parents hated him. His power was discovered when he was 4 after he created a miniature gun to "shoot" one of his evil action figures. The gun was created without bullets, but his parents didn't care. They constantly called him a demon and swore that they needed to kill him before he became any worse. At the young age of 8, his father attempted multiple times to murder him, and a few weeks after, his mother commit suicide by setting their apartment building on fire while she was in it with him, attempting to burn Kenta. He can't remember how, but Kenta was miraculously rescued and placed in an orphanage with a few other kids. He eventually grew close to them without knowing it, as is evident by the fact that he would never call them family. After 4 years of living a happy life, the rest of the orphans were murdered by some villain of whose name Kenta has forgotten. After that, he lived his days in yet another orphanage and swore to kill every villain he came across. He constantly claims now that there is no such thing as family and that the word means nothing to him.
Other:
Character based off of Yuichiro Hyakuya (Owari no Seraph)

Name:
Miyu Nakamura
Appearance:
tumblr_inline_npeebaYk8T1tp60fd_500.gif

Demon Form:
large.gif

Power rank:
Power:
Half-demon. Miyu is possessed by a demon that, while she is in human form, is a key that can turn into a scythe upon her request.
Personality:
Miyu is quite sarcastic and nosy, and easily becomes bored if she is not presented with a challenge or interesting situation. She's extremely silent and gets good grades in school, despite rarely listening to what the teacher has to say. She's an awful cook and extremely protective over her friends. Lastly, she never backs down from a fight. Whilst in demon form, Miyu becomes merciless and deceiving. She comes off as friendly, but her demon has intentions of stealing powers from other students by possessing them, too, using Miyu's extensive knowledge of people to pick the best victims.
History:
Miyu was living a happy life with her family up until she turned 7. She and her older sister were involved in a serious incident. This caused her older sister to perish and become a demon, whilst Miyu became only a half demon due to her will to live. After her family learns of her older sister's demise, they shun Miyu for not protecting her and drop her off at an orphanage. She has lived there ever since, and after hard work, was accepted into Eden. She wants to become so powerful that her family will recognize her and realize the mistake they made when they left her.
Other:
Character based off of Shinoa Hiiragi (Owari no Seraph)​

NPC list (WIP)
Student council president: Mark Frengir, class 5, invulnerability.
Student council vice president: Felix Abdot, class 4, can absorb and redirect kinetic energy
Student council secretary: Lillian Celemta, class 5, telepath
Homeroom teacher: Julio Perenz, class 3, body duplication
Nurse: Esther Riggs, class 4, can absorb/heal injuries/ailments and also transfer said injuries to others

Will probably join this, just need to find some fun images for characters.

Why thank you. Dorito pope gremlin d.va approves.

Don't think I forgot. I will go ahead and get a character up for this RP in just a short moment. lol....I just had to finish some other characters. Yes, I am in a bajillion different RPs right now. But now that work is over I have free time and no life

o hai clyde

Name

Declan Wargrave

15 years old

Appearance

8jXr1BW.png

Power Rank

Power

Reinforcement

In short, with his ability, Declan can "reinforce," or rather strengthen, certain properties of any object in order to "upgrade" them in a way. The most basic use of this power would be to increase the physical integrity of a given object, such as making a rolled up newspaper as durable and hardened as a baton. More than that, he can also use the power on himself, essentially making himself physically superhuman, such as if using it solely on his own fist to make his punch stronger (or lift heavier objects), or on his legs to make him move faster, or on his general entire body to act as a shield to soak up a bit of damage should he be attacked, and thus grant him greater durability. This also applies to "reinforcing" his own senses as well, including channeling the power to his eyes to temporarily increase eyesight, ears to increase hearing, etc. Despite being able to use it on himself, a normal human being, it is difficult (though not entirely impossible) for him to use it on others due to every person having a different fundamental genetic make-up, which interferes with the process as the only make-up he is familiar with is... well, his own. At least, his body is.

On top of all that, he can also reinforce liquids to a degree, most notably by increasing the pressure of something like running water. Though he has potential to, he cannot currently "reinforce" the chemical properties of an object, such as flammability or toxicity, as he believes that goes too close to alchemy, which he believes is different from his power.

It should be noted, however, that he can only use his power on three targets at once before the effect instantly wears off, though the effect of the power wears off anyway after a certain amount of time, depending on how much time and concentration was put into maintaining the effect when Declan had applied the ability. On top of that, the degree to which how much something is strengthened is also dependent on how long he "charges" it.

On record, the strongest he has ever managed to make something was reinforce his own arms for ten minutes straight, which resulted in him being able to lift up to a thousand pounds (though with some difficulty) and hit as hard as 4,000 pounds per square inch, or rather, able to bust walls pretty good. Thus, charging something for any longer than ten minutes simply yields no different results, though he still has plenty of room to grow even stronger and push his limits further. On top of that, the time it takes to reinforce something to a certain degree can be overridden depending on Declan's mental state, most notably intense anger being something that generally is able to half the duration of the process, or even more than that.

On a side note, though it's not really useful, when used on a food, it increases the nutritional value of the food. Now he gets twice as much Vitamin C from an orange!

Personality

- Prideful, almost arrogant at times in a passive way, ambitious
- Deadpan and stone-faced oftentimes, can hardly put energy into smiling
- Something of a perfectionist and workaholic
- Straightforward and unequivocal, does not like to beat around the bush
- Otherwise emotionally distant, hard to get a read on his thoughts most of the time

History

Though some might assume that it was his power that defined his personality, it was the other way around. In Declan's case, he was born with an inherent ambition, a need to become the best that he could be, often to an obsessive degree in which he often tried to push his own limits to become the ultimate realized form of himself that he can be, like a "super" man. This ambition was fueled by an absent father whom he never knew, so he felt the need to take it upon himself to become the man of the house to help his mother and sister, especially when his mother had taken ill during their later childhood.

Like his twin sister Vera, his power manifested at the age of eight years old, first brought about when he was using a plunger to unclog the toilet, and the wooden handle had unexpectedly broken off, to which Vera reattached the broken part in a movement that seemed perfectly natural for her, despite having never used her power before, and handing it back to Declan, who had used his power to make it as durable as metal.

What a glamarous origin story, right? Unclogging the toilet.

In any case, the rest is history. They used their powers to help around the household, and when they were of age, enrolled into Eden to learn more and grow stronger and help people and good stuff like that.

Other

- Pretty good at cooking
- Can play the piano decently well
- Something of a health nut, though not too much so

Name

Vera Wargrave

15 years old

Appearance

Bi2I1a7.jpg

Power Rank

Power

Restoration

Unlike her brother's power, which generally serves to make something surpass its normal limits, Vera's power allows her to revert something to its "previous form," to be general about it.

Perhaps the most prominent ability that comes with "Restoration" is healing. Though how long it takes to take effect is dependent on the severity of the wound, Vera can heal a great many kinds of wounds, from bad burns and deep cuts to broken bones and even severed limbs. However, there are limitations to her healing. She cannot use her power to remove any harmful objects placed inside a person's body, or heal the wound if the object is still inside, such as a poison, a bullet, and so on. Though perhaps it went without saying, but she also cannot bring the dead back to life, and her power is unable to take effect on even the most minor wounds on the body if the target is already deceased. The same goes for if the person is even simply comatose.

It should also be noted that the process of how Vera heals a severed limb is known as "fusion," in which she simply fuses the two desired targets together. She can also use this power for non-medical uses, such as fusing inanimate objects together (like a broken table leg to the original table to fix it, or perhaps more crudely, two objects that would not go with each other, like say, a book and a fan). On top of reattaching limbs, another use Vera has for using "fusion" on people would be using it on a potential hostile to a solid like a wall or so to trap them, though of course, it all requires physical contact. She can also pull things away from the fusion, even if they're things that are not supposed to go with each other, though that process takes a bit of a while to master.

Naturally, she cannot use her power on herself as well.

Personality

- Shy, introverted, easy to intimidate
- Caring, ultimately selfless and thinks often of others first
- Meek, not confident in her abilities or herself in general
- Mature for her age, can come off as a stern older sister with people she's comfortable around
- Studious, great student and fast learner

History

Same as Declan's.

Other

- Can play the piano well, like her twin brother
- Currently trying her hand in painting, keeps accidentally fusing the brush to the canvas
- Somewhat easily impressed

Last edited:
I will be making another level 5 super powered.

Yuzuki Bakura

"All you ever cared for was your legacy. And how I would uphold your name"

YuzukiBakura2_zpsgkmfijvk.jpg~original

Appearance:
A short, but thin young man with black hair and blue eyes. He appears to be some form of mixed ethnicity of Caucasian and Japanese. He stands at 5'4" and is often seen wearing over sized hoodies that swallow him. He often is carrying a music player and earbuds as well. And an unusual amount of folded up pieces of paper in his pockets. And wears t-shirts or t-shirt like long sleeve shirts depending on the winter. With the school pants in school and outside of school often cargo pants with combat style boots.

YuzukiBakura_zpsegzh2tkf.jpg~original

Power Rank: 5

Power:
Aura Transfer [aka Paper Mache]- The ability to give "life" to paper. Well technically his power allows him to give anything "life" to any inanimate object he pleases. He chooses to give "life" to paper, because paper itself is easily able to be shaped into different forms and structures. Beyond that there is an exception to his power. As his power is the direct emission of his life force into inanimate objects. Thus paper requires less energy to put towards. Thus he has less to worry about getting drained or exhausted as quickly. It still is exhausting and still has its limitations even with paper, but paper is nowhere near as solid as let's say a toy truck.

Currently he can control up to 9 paper objects at a time. And each paper object has its own unique function. "Unique" function. The paper takes on the supposed function of the object it is shaped to be. Thus paper shaped to be a knife, will harden as stiff as a blade, but still be made out of paper. Or a paper shaped in an origami crane can be used to fly, or pick up passengers on its back.

The size of the paper shaped objects depends on how much of his own aura he has given the creation. And what he can shape with his paper is dependent on the users skills in their own origami and paper shaping.

But his power has a caveat. The way to transfer his own energy into the pieces of paper, he must touch the object to bring it to life. The touch transfers his own energy into the paper or whatever he was trying to will to act "life like".

The act of transferring how much aura goes into said object is completely his own willpower and mental stamina. And the more he transfers his own life energy it drains his life energy and mental stamina.

If too much energy is drained at once or mental stamina is drained at once he could suffer sever consequences for doing so. From something simple as a migraine. To the possibility of passing out. It determines on how he wields his power.

And he can only transfer his own life energy into inanimate objects. So he cannot resurrect people from the dead or anything of that sort. It is strictly the use of paper.

Technically since his paper has a very basic form of "free will" there is no distance or range that they can be spawned. But they cease to exist or lack the ability to control themselves if they go too far from him say within the 100ft of the area he occupies. Kind of like when you lose signal to a radio.

His power is susceptible to fire based attacks as well.

History:
Ever since he was little, everything was handed to him. If he wanted it, he got it. No matter how much he said he didn't want it. And when he got older, he was simply thrown money and told to take care of himself since he was fourteen. His father a former hero himself only saw Bakura for one thing and that was how he would uphold the family name and the family legacy. His father only cared for his powers and how they would develop later on.

Meanwhile, his father was running the Yuzuki Empire. Some sort of business Bakura was meant to inherit after he retired from being a hero. Or if he failed to be a hero in his father's eyes. While his father came from Japan. His mother was ultimately a beautiful, foreign woman in the Japanese world.

Though Bakura remembers her as being cold and indifferent as well. Always scolding him when he did wrong. Even going as to far as hitting him when he did wrong. Only to shower him in affection afterward because she felt bad.

When his powers did come to play. It was either harsh training from his father. Or his father's willful exploitation of his powers. And then he was registered into hero school recently. Registered into hero school and living alone in an apartment because his father is trying to teach him independence. Says he's too dependent on his structure and guidance. Sometimes Bakura really thinks his father is living a delusional lie.

Other:
Son of the Former hero Emerald Emperor - a.k.a Father or Yuzuki Matako

Last edited:
Reactions: Dunruffle
Yes, I was just on my phone. So far all characters are accepted

Name: Lisa Riggs
Appearance:
anime_girl_render_12_by_animerenderss-d6disyk.png

Power rank: class 3
Power: electricity manipulation. While Lisa can control and redirect electricity, she cannot create it. If there are electrical currents nearby she can use her body like a conductor and cause the nearby electricity to arc to her and then control it at will.
Personality: Peppy, go lucky, and cheerful are what best describe Lisa. She is a people person through and through and loves nothing more than meeting new people and making friends. She can often be annoying with her constant talking and questions. She loves learning about other people's powers.
History: Lisa has been at the Eden academy ever since she was little. Her mother Esther RIggs is the school nurse and since her father left when she was little, Lisa has accompanied her mother to work. Lisa knows almost as much about the school as the staff. She considers the teachers her extended family and often helped them with classroom chores when she was young. Now that she is entering the academy herself, Lisa is determined to make new friends among the other students.
Other: often has batteries with her so she can summon electricity.

Rip missed the signups, will be following along!

Status
Not open for further replies.