Academy for Supers OOC (anime super school)

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Name: Chantal Thomas
Appearance:
mig

Power rank: 1
Power: Can manipulate her voice to sound like anything she wants. She generally uses this to have an irresistible singing voice.
Personality: Chantal is a spunky young girl. She enjoys long walks on the beach, singing, and acting innocent before striking fear into the hearts of men. Many have likened her to a siren. She will eat your heart if given half a chance. While not mean, Chantal does tend to think the world owes her everything on a silver platter. She is your stereotypical rich girl.
History: Chantal grew up in a wealthy family. She was an only child, and she had all of her desires. She was known to have tantrums when she didn't get her way. When she found out about her powers, she was around 10 years old. She learned that she could easily manipulate teachers over the phone by copying her mother's voice, and vice versa. She got her way, even when people didn't want to give it to her.
Other: She always wears a simple silver locket. No one is allowed to look inside.

Name: Marshall Avington
Appearance:
d55791be137aa1e85c032a0608bd9d12.jpeg

Power rank: 5
Power: Rotting Touch- everything organic that he comes in contact with directly on his skin will begin to rot. Because of his collar, it is a very slow rot, but without, it happens quickly. He wears gloves and fully covering clothes to stop this from happening. He cannot rot himself or anyone/anything intangible. For some reason, it does not affect food he eats.
Personality: Marshall is a quiet boy. He likes to be by himself, and read his books. He does like the presence of other people, but he doesn't need to be interacting with them to feel social. He doesn't like his ability, and tries to stay emotionally detached from people so he doesn't get into any romantic situations. He really is a nice guy, even if he may not seem like it at first.
History: Marshall grew up in a semi-broken home. His father was an air force veteran who came back with PTSD, and his mother was having affairs while he was gone, and continued them while he was home. They were at their tipping point for divorce, and were shoved over the edge when Marshall's father found out his wife was emotionally abusing Marshall and his little sister into silence about the affairs. He filed for a divorce, but didn't have enough evidence to have custody over the children. They went to the mother, and endured years of financial ruin when she got into drugs and prostitution. The courts finally decided to give full custody to the father, and they lived with him until Marshall found out about his abilities.
Other: Hates citrus fruits with a passion and is blind in one eye (though it looks no different)

I do plan on making them pretty and getting stuff more filled out, but that is the basic sheet I have.

Got an interesting group so far

Alright everything looks good. I will finish up stuff then work on getting the IC thread up.

Reactions: Tarieles
Yay done with my post.

I have an idea for a secondary character, so I am going to make a second character, if that's all right?

Kanatsu Aioka
[pronounce Eye - Oh -Kah]
Aioka3_zpsxmekdcgh.jpg~original

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Everyone is born with something. While I am not entirely sure whether or not being born with something is inherently special. Truly I think if something is special or not, is what you do with that something."[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Age: 15 ½ [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Appearance:[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Many of the kids just happen to call him, "The Creepy Looking Kid" or "That Weird Looking Kid". He's the shortest of his class, at 5'2", he's often called shorty. And he weighs around 108 pounds with pale looking skin. He often wears a white camisole sweater even over his school uniform. And his hair is unusually unkempt in some places. [/BCOLOR]

Aioka2_zpsulapsuus.jpg

Aioka4_zpsgv4ekkk1.jpg~original

[BCOLOR=transparent]Power Rank: 3[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Power: [/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Empathetic Aura Transfer - No Presence - Not to be confused with invisibly, Aioka simply lacks a presence. It means he appears often "invisible" like to those of low rank or no powers. Which means Aioka is often not seen in a room, even when he's there. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]His power is actually a sub genre of empathy power. And Aioka's lack of presen grows stronger, with any negative emotion associated with his self confidence and self esteem. In an essence Aioka transfer his emotions onto other people, whose brains then process and translate it some metaphysical sensation. If Aioka is feeling shy and not confident in himself, he won't register in someone's visual space. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]In theory if Aioka is sad, anyone surrounding him will feel sad around him. Or if Aioka wants something with strong desire. Everyone else will want what he wants as well. Except that these have to be strong emotions he has to channel. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]His ability only affects the immediate space he surrounds. Like a sphere that surrounds him. The personal bubble we so speak of. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Some notes, currently Aioka strongest emotion is that he is invisible, terribly shy, and not so confident in himself he lacks No Presence. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Some Notes about how the Ranks focus on Aioka;[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]No Power Normal People, often will not even notice Aioka unless he speaks or makes himself known. It's not that he's invisible, just lacks the charisma or personality that makes him noticeable and they are often the strongest affected by his abilities.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Rank 1s, can see him, but have to focus on remembering he is there. Or else he "disappears" from their view, even if he's standing next to him[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Ranks 2 and 3, can see him, they don't need to focus so much on him as say a Rank 1 might, but he can easily slip past their radar if they let down their guard[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Ranks 4 and 5, can see him, don't need to focus on him, and he cannot escape their radar as easily. Unless the Ranks 4 and 5 aren't paying attention to him at all [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]His power also affects those in his personal bubble, but his power is essentially like a poison. In theory some negative emotions he could spread onto someone don't leave because you left his area. Some negative emotions are so strong they last and sometimes leave a strong urge to fulfill them depending on how strong the ability is. But just because he can spread negative emotions. He can also spread any form of positive emotions as well. As long as they are strong enough of an emotion.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Personality:[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Despite being terribly shy and lacking self confidence, he's not necessarily your doom and gloom type of individual. While soft spoken and often described by others as being creepy, that might be due to the influence of his miasma like empathy though. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]He's actually a very bright and intelligent young man. He likes just about anything a boy his age would like. He likes to read manga or comics, whatever you like to call it. He also likes to draw and to watch cartoons or anime. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]While yes he has to be self regulatory with how he displays his emotions. He's simply a quiet, soft soul. Who's not out spoken or very loud. He's not stubborn by a long shot and he's a team player. And most of his teachers have praised him for being analytical, logical, and very bright. That is the few who can see him.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]You'll find out he has plenty to talk about when he gets comfortable with those around him. He just doesn't want anyone to be hurt and doesn't want to share his emotions with other people. It's clear he tries hard to self regulate himself and control his ability. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]History:[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"You don't have the power to become a hero"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Wouldn't you rather stay home, where we can keep you safe?"[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Parents are suppose to love their children. [/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent][I'm no different than the others][/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Parents are suppose to be proud of their children.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent][I'm nothing special or unique to the circumstances][/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Parents aren't suppose to shame their children.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent][It only hurts more that way.][/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Parents are suppose to encourage their children.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent][Does this make me selfish?][/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Parents shouldn't hide away their children.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent][I want to be a hero.][/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]It's the same story with an unusual twist. He was born September 5th, the youngest child in his family. With two older brothers, already two and three years apart from him. At the time his powers were not generally expressed in the same air of familiarity that they are now. But his mother has always expressed understanding how he felt, and without that understanding he never had to cry for food or yell or make much of a fuss about it.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Which was fine with his parents. His two brothers roughed house more and so the less work one child was, the easier to focus on the problematic ones. But that's when this story takes on it's dark and dramatic turn. At first he went to school like everyone else. Though things took on a different form since then.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Since he was small, he shared the same desires and wants as everyone in his class. If he really wanted to do something, the class really wanted to do it too. If he really wanted to paint something, the class really wanted to paint the same thing. Which in truth scared many of his teachers. If he wanted something, then all the other kids around him wanted it.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Back then he was unregulated and didn't understand what was going on. At first it didn't seem too bad. He had a lot of friends in elementary school because they all liked similar things. That was all a child's ideal dream though.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]It was when his friends weren't around him. That they expressed concern with each other. That they felt their own emotions weren't their own emotions. That they always felt the same way as Aioka even if they desperately didn't want the same thing. I wanted the green balloon, quickly turned into the sudden realization they really wanted the blue one, but something compelled them to want the green balloon. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]In late elementary beginning of middle school he lost all of his friends, due to the rumor he was cursed. And this is where the story takes its sinister turn. Back then he didn't understand anything about his powers. And his parents were ignorant of its negative consequences that would destroy their reputation and their sons reputation.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Due to the rumors and kids at school, relentlessly bullying pursued. As children normally do. A simple feeling, turned other parent's and the school into a nightmare. It was mid semester of middle school, when the simple phrase,[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] I want to die[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]. Caused one of his bullies to commit suicide shortly days after. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]There was controversy spread about why a young boy so young took his own life. Many of the kids at his school blamed him. And parents started to blame Aioka as well. His own parents couldn't take the criticism or the lost of respect. So they moved. And kept Aioka at home. Never meant to be seen or heard. Which probably caused the complex of No Presence with his power.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]He desired freedom from his cage. But also freedom from his power. He wanted his power to remind his parents he could do some good too. So he begged and signed up to be part of the Hero academy. Maybe his power could be used for something pleasant. Just maybe.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Other:[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Theme Song [/BCOLOR]

I apologize, I may have gotten carried away with my first post.

:D'

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Jessica
@Clyde so just to be clear the emerald emperors son was just a one time character that you made up. Or are you planning on bringing him back in the future?

@Clyde so just to be clear the emerald emperors son was just a one time character that you made up. Or are you planning on bringing him back in the future?
No. Bakura is the Emerald Emperor's son. I just made up the Emerald Emperor. Toda is the one time character I'm never mentioning again, except from here and there.

Bakura is the son of a former hero, who retired and began his own business empire afterward. Says so in the history.

edit-

Just at the time I had no name for his father and finally made one up for the IC and was going to put it in the other section

Last edited:
@Verite you might want to edit your post. The group is meeting outside the auditorium under a tree.

@Verite you might want to edit your post. The group is meeting outside the auditorium under a tree.

That's not at all what I got from the presentation of the IC. I thought we were going inside a classroom too. That's confusing as fuck.

Status
Not open for further replies.