Abandi

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Ryogen was intrigued at the orbs laid out in front of him. He gradually began to relax as Aki spoke and he put two and two together. It seemed a reasonably fair trade off. The shadow didn't release its power, causing people to fear them publicly, and Aki also gets enough energy to find Gemini her love. He still wasn't too sure, though. They could just be nefarious words, but what he said seemed to be true. There was only one thing Ryogen wanted to know.

"So.. by doing this, it doesn't hurt her in any way, right?"

Gemini watched everything happen before her with sad eyes. She knew that Ryogen finding out about Abandi'spwer was ininevitable but she didn't want to see Ryogen so upset. Whatever he planned for Aki it couldn't be good. She sighed inwardly., knowing that she would have to comebetween them if it turned into a fight. She needed them all to get to Leoric, especially Aki. Though if need be, she was sure she could do it on her own. After another sigh she stood up and looked at the man unconscious on the ground. She bent down and grabbed the scruff of his collar and began dragginghm awaway. From the camp while everyone was distracted. She intended to ask even more questions and then send him on his way with bruises his wife was sure to find.

Aki rolled the orbs in his fingers again, studying them closely. "These come from her. She hasn't complained at all about it hurting her." He spoke to Ryogen through the orbs, still holding them eye level. With one quick motion he placed them back in his pack and folded his arms over his chest, returning his stare to Ryogen's face.

"I'm still not sure about the details of the procedure." Sapphire orbs stared confidently in to Ryogen's own eyes. His usual meekness was replaced by a rampant curiosity and an outstanding boldness, though this was likely a result of the topping off of his energy levels Abandi had done just minutes before. "I just need a little more time," he continued, "to study her strengths and explore the limits of both her power and my own. This will be a great exercise for all of us."

Aki's eyes suddenly flicked from Ryogen to the direction Abandi had ran off in. That familiar energy began to appear once more. His body had become so in tune with it over the past day or so, having mixed it with his natural energy so many times that it had begun latching on to his very core, drawing him towards every wayward speck of her. This flux was not a good sign, especially with the tense relationship that had just developed between he and Ryogen. Perhaps he'd get a chance to test out his control over the simultaneous inward and outward flow of her energy before the four of them were in the air and their well being in danger. Maybe he'd even be able to do it without being bludgeoned by Ryogen.

Abandi was punching trees, letting out her frustration. The trunks smoldering with a large dents when she pulled away her small hands. The tree tops waivered with the impact but did not fall, only swaying like a hurricane wind was shaking them. She cried, as her she got far enough away from her brother that he veins turned purple and throbbed under her skin.</SPAN></SPAN>

"How could you be so cruel?" Her childish voice hiccupped through tears, her eyes flickering from grey to purple as the childish illusion tried to hold Abandi inside.</SPAN></SPAN>

I'm not cruel! I did this to keep Ryogen around! He is terrified of our true power, he…he would leave if he knew how dangerous we were…</SPAN> Abandi was not lying. Somehow the illusion understood and nodded her head. As much as she hated knowing she just a veil to conceal her own power, Abandi understood herself and the reason she did what she did.</SPAN></SPAN>

"It's still unfair…" She whispered.</SPAN></SPAN>

You don't think I know that? I have to sit behind and watch as a child plays out my life for me…I understand the meaning of unfair.</SPAN> She sat down at the base of a large oak, pulling her knees up to her chest. Being alone seemed like the best idea, at least for now.</SPAN></SPAN>

Gemini slapped the man across the face three times before he woke up. His eyes rolled in their sockets and he threatened to pass out again.

"Oh no you dont." Gemini kneeled with only one knee on the ground, the other one in the air with her boot on the ground, and picked the man up by his collar. The bonds around his hands and ankles tightening as she shook him. "Listen to me and listen good!" She smacked him again, making him wake up. His face was bruised and red, his lip bleeding, and he moaned. "Good, glad to see you're listening. If you ever mention you saw anything in this wood I will find you and I promice I will torture you in front of your wife and any children you may have. Go home." She slapped him again and threw him back onto the ground on his side. "Go home and stop this thieving crap. It's no good for your wife or children. You should be taking care of them. Work in the fields and take care of your family properly." She kicked him in the ribs and the shoulder, he cried out both times. "And don't forget my threat." With that she took out her knife, the glint of the moon off the steel make him quiver, but she just slashed the bonds holding him.

"Yes ma'am, I...I mean Miss, I mean .. .I don't know what I mean. I will never speak of this ever and I will take care of my family, I'm sorry. I'm so sorry..." He was blubblery and crying and holding his wrists, rubbing the pain away from them. Trying to stand up to leave he stumbled, finally making it away from the crazy woman in the woods.

Ryogen had to think about everything that was happening. If he allowed this man to use his sisters power, what was going to stop him from manipulating her and forcing her to do whatever evils he might imagine. He shook his head, not able to withstand the vision of destruction his own imagination forced upon his mind.

"I will be watching you Magician. If you make one wrong move with my sister...I swear..." He turned around exhale and look off in the direction his sister had stormed off in. He wasn't sure what was happening to her, but if the magician could absorb that extra energy that caused those horrible explosions-it was worth it.

"Go talk to her, she won't want to see me." Ryogen held his head low, knowing his own ignorance to her abilities made him unable to help her. He had never felt so horrible. "I'll help Gemini pack up our things...But magician..." He paused for a moment, turning around to look him straight in the eye.

"Don't even think about touching my sister in any other way"

With that final comment to Aki, Ryogen turned around and walked to Gemini, waiting for her to start helping him pack up the camp site.

After Gemini left the man to run away to his family she began walking back towards their temporary camp. Seeing Ryogen give Aki a hard look and begin walking away made her nervous. She didn't want bad blood between the two, knowing Aki and Abandi seemed to have more than what Ryogen would ever allow made her feel uneasy.

"Time to start gathering our things Ryogen?" Picking up the small metal cup that she had found on the thief, and taken from him, she began walking to the small lake. It would take a few trips but she didn't think they would be in much of a rush yet, seeing as how Abandi had run off into the woods. She brought the cup of water to the small fire and poured it over the top.

"If there was ever a time for magic we sure could use some now, walking back and forth like this is tedious." Speaking to Ryogen as he gathered his things, not knowing or caring if he would reply she continued back to the lake to get more water. After finally dousing the fire Gemini remembered the fish and animal guts that were hanging from a tree. 'No sense wasting that.' She thought as she began walking towards the woods, going a different direction than the way Abandi and Aki had gone.

"Just have to take care of the leftovers." She called over her shoulder to Ryogen as she walked. "I'll be back momentarily." Stepping up her pace she jogged into the forest to find the sack of leftovers strewn about, the leaves she had tied them up in all around the forest floor. 'This is not good.' Carefully she walked around the area, searching for what could have reached the leaf covered animal guts, tracking giant paw prints. 'This is what I get for not paying enough attention, there's a bear here and now it could be anywhere. I should have seen these prints long ago.' Frustrated with herself for not noticing sooner she slowly tracked the bears prints, luckily they were heading away from where Abandi and Aki had gone, unfortunately they were staying close to the edge of the forest lining the lake. Before making it too far she decided that going back for Ryogen would make a lot more sense than fighting a bear on her own.

As she jogged back into the clearing she saw Ryogen and waved to him, silently calling him over and hoping he would be silent as well.

Ryogen was stuck in his own head, wondering why Kollidan would have thrown him together with these people. He did not believe one word that came from the magicians mouth, and he couldn't help it. He wondered Gemini's true goal as well, but she seemed more honest in person than blonde haired man. It seemed like Gygus was testing him with the magician, making him wonder what else might have transpired while he was unconscious. Gods forbid if he had persuaded her sister to do anything less than innocent while he was blacked out! He could only imagine the look of fear on his sisters face if she was fondled or mistreated. Ryogen gritted his teeth, now trying to get the vision out of his head. </SPAN>

"UGH!" He picked up the closest stone and chucked it into the woods, hearing it land with a great thud that echoed within the trees.</SPAN>

He collected random things that had scattered about, most likely one of his sisters messes. Abandi was always so mysterious, but he knew that wasn't her fault. Whatever she did or didn't do, Ryogen knew he had to protect his sister with his life. He couldn't help but think, was his sister pretending? Letting off less than what was actually happening? Was she keeping him in the dark? What had she already told the magician that he, her only blood relative, didn't already know? He paced around, anxiously putting his hand in his pocket and grunting as he kicked at a fallen log. He shook his head, turning only when he heard Gemini returning to camp. </SPAN>

"What are you doing?" He whispered as she waved him over, obviously trying to be stealthy with her footing. "What's wrong?"</SPAN>

Quietly making her way to him as he was doing the same she put a finger to her mouth in the "shhh" position. She crouched down close to the ground and patted the ground next to her so she could quietly speak in Ryogen's ear.

"There is a bear in these woods, and it's close. I do not know the sex, but if it is a mother bear we could be in big trouble. It's heading away from where Abandi and Aki walked so don't worry about them for now. Not that they can't take care of themselves. After killing and cleaning the carcasas I strung up the guts of our food before we slept and I just found fresh tracks leading from where I had put it, up in the trees. It was decimated and the tracks go this way." Whispering she explained what happened, pointing in the direction she was following the tracks in. "Come with me to see if we can throw it off couse, or to make sure it is not going to be following us when we leave." Giving him a quick questioning look, to know it was a request and not an order to follow, she quickly and quietly set off back to the bears trail hoping to catch it, or see that it had left the area.

"ugh" Ryogen rolled his eyes, grunting with aggravation as he put his palm to his forehead. </SPAN>Life certainly wasn't getting any easier and Ryogen desperately wanted to get out of the woods and into a decent town or city, at least for a little while.</SPAN></SPAN></SPAN>
"are you sure?" He crept along next to her. "We should just get out of here, right? I mean, apparently my sister is some sort of warrior princess, right? She should be fine" There was a certain nervousness to his voice that he was trying to avoid. Something about bears didn't sit right with him. When Gemini started following the bears trail, he groaned, following after her. </SPAN></SPAN>

"what are you doing?"</SPAN></SPAN>

The bear wandered around in the bushes, attracted by the scent of a fresh kill. The carcass dripped with slowly clotting blood, and the bear could smell the entrails buried nearby, and ate what was there, before picking up the scent of more meat, and followed the smell toward what was likely a campsite of some sort.

The bear marched through the woods, softly but bear-like, making itself known but not overtly. The bear stopped and sniffed the air and the ground, catching the scent of some humans, and it became wary, but hunger drove it onward. The bear heard the sounds of someone approaching, but would not stand down from a fight with a human, and so it continued forward, toward the smell of the cooked meat.

From the woods, a woman and a one-armed man suddenly emerged in front of the bear, some 10-15 feet away, surprising both parties. The woman pulled a bladed weapon, and the one-armed man tensed up, so the bear assumed it's own defensive stance.

This bear was not to be trifled with, and he stood up on his hind legs, reaching nine feet into the air, and his warning roar shook the leaves on the trees around them.

The woman decided to bluff the bear, and charge it but the bear stood his ground and returned the charge, leading the woman to roll to the side, out of the way. The one-armed man also dodged, in the opposite direction, and the bear once again stood tall, roaring with all his might, but the two humans did not stand down.

The bear was forced to resort to another tactic, and summoning up some kind of strange, otherworldly power, began to stretch and change his body. His fur darkened, and his body lengthened and tightened up, into the form of a large feline, some kind of huge panther, to the disbelief of the humans standing in front of him.

Again he stood on his hind legs and roared, this time with the voice of a panther, frightening the humans again, but still, they would not stand down, so the bear-cat decided to cut his losses. His attempts to escape at this point were blocked by the woman, so the strange bear summoned up yet another transformation, stretching out his legs, his claws transforming into hooves, and his head practically bursting into the form of a horse.

Rearing up and neighing loudly, the now-horse leaped over the woman and took off into the woods.

In total disbelief of what had just happened, the woman and the one-armed man looked at each other and vowed to never speak of this strange incident again.

Ryogen's mouth was agape. He was sure they were going to be locked in some sort of bloodied battle with the bear…thing. What was it that they had just witnessed? A shape-changer? Was it the work of a witch? He shook his head in confusion, looking at Gemini as she returned an identical stare. Abandi would love to hear of the crazy creature, but he wasn't sure if it was a good idea to tell her. For all he knew, she would run off trying to find it. </SPAN></SPAN>

"We need to get the hell out of here" He said bluntly, placing his only hand on her shoulder. "For the sake of our sanity at least, if nothing else" He smiled charmingly, looking around the surrounding forest for where his sister had run off. </SPAN></SPAN>

"We should find the others and make time to the city…agreed?"</SPAN></SPAN>

Gemini had never witnessed anything like this. An animal that could change shapes? What type of sorcery could, or would, create something like that?

"Absolutely. Perhaps keep the shape changing ...incident, to ourselves? If they ask, it was only a bear, and we chased it off." She shook her head, still in disbelief of what she had seen. She made her way through the woods and back to the camp, hoping Aki had calmed Abandi to some extent, and possibly brought themselves back to the camp, so they could be off.

She knew that Abandi needed to figure herself out, and had a lot of battles to fight within her, and with her brother, but Gemini could not hold back the feeling that for every moment they waited, it was another moment she was losing. The cost of the loss - never seeing her Leoric again.

Ryogen followed Gemini, silently thinking to himself why they had all been thrown together like they were. For what reason was Gemini in the same town as them when they met? Kollidan must have some sort of plan. He wanted to believe it was a good thing, but for some reason, the way his sister was acting with this magician made him nervous. He could only imagine what they were doing as he sat at the campsite waiting for them to return. He knew one thing though, if the magician touched her- he wouldn't have hands to cast his pretty spells anymore. </SPAN></SPAN>

"We should go look for them, right?"</SPAN></SPAN>

___________</SPAN></SPAN>
Deep in the woods, Abandi had fallen asleep. She had been fighting with herself so much that she had become exhausted and overwhelmed. At least now she knew the truth, but they had come to an agreement. When away from Ryogen, the true Abandi would come out, when he was close by, she would remain a child. </SPAN></SPAN>

It was a rule both of them were going to have to adjust to. </SPAN></SPAN>

You should be going back now, no one cares enough to come running after us…</SPAN> Abandi told herself as she slept. She fought the suggestion, keeping her eyes tightly shut against the forest floor.</SPAN></SPAN>

Aki will come for me…he understands…</SPAN></SPAN>

Don't be foolish- Aki barely knows us.</SPAN></SPAN>

You seemed to like him…Abandi remained asleep, her voice echoeing in her head.

</SPAN>That has nothing to do with it.</SPAN></SPAN>

A soft sigh escaped him as Ryogen threatened him. With a wistful gaze he stood for a few moments, watching Ryogen and Gemini move about the camp, extinguishing the fire and beginning to collect their belongings. There was some interesting compulsion in what the one-armed man said; Aki probably should go find Abandi and attempt to console her in some way. Agreeing with Ryogen's wishes, he started off towards the treeline.

Her path was not a hard one to find. Having been filled with both emotion and energy, and having taken it out on the nearby flora, she left a trail right to her. His approach was silent and slow, Aki dipping behind trees as he neared her. He held his advance only momentarily, dawdling behind a larger un-dented tree behind her. The girl seemed to be asleep, and the last thing he wanted to do was startle her or provoke some sort of defensive response. With still-silent steps he approached her, finding his way to her side and bending at his knees beside her. Reaching a hand out to her face, he ran two fingers under a few dark strands of her hair that had fallen over her face, placing them behind her ear. The turmoil was apparent on her face even while she slept, her brow furrowed slightly and her jaw clenched tight.

"Hey, Abandi. Wake up, we need to talk about a couple things." His voice was soft and reflected a tone he'd want to use with her child-like persona. His face mirrored that tone, his mouth curled in to such a large and exaggerated smile that it pushed his cheeks up in to his eyes, narrowing them slightly.

"Wake up, sleepy." More speech intended to appease her younger side.

Abandi opened her eyes, her bright grey orbs going in and out of focus as she pushed her top half off the ground by propping up her elbow.

"Aki?" She questioned, reaching out and trailing her fingers down his face, still blinking the sleep out of her eyes. "I didn't think you would follow me, sorry for making such a scene..." Her voice trailed off into a mumble as her sentance completed. She sat up, dusting herself off and picking some leaves out of her hair that had become entangled in the strands. She thought about what she had said to herself while she was asleep: Aki barely knows us...

Was that true? After what had happened and what they had learned about eachother, how could Abandi still think that? She wiped some dirt from her pale face and smiled, leaning up on her knees. She hoped Aki and her brother had time to talk, though she doubted Ryogen would directly say what he was thinking.

He placed his hands over one of hers as she felt his face with her fingers, his smile threatening to grow wider as she shook off the grogginess of her sleep. Unfortunately, there was no more room on his face and it was starting to hurt anyways, so he let the smile recede and replaced it with a general warmness. His legs wiggled underneath him and he sat cross-legged beside her, helping her removing some of the foliage from her hair while he worked into this sitting position. Embracing her hand that he still held now with both of his, he gazed in to her purple orbs, seeking the inner Abandi in hopes of speaking to both of them at once.

"So," he began, rolling her hand between his own. "After some...coercion, I convinced Ryogen to allow this thing to occur."

His tone shifted in to a more serious one as he started talking about the mechanics of the ordeal. "You'll be supplying me with the energy required for us to travel the distance." He paused, staring deep in to her eyes, really searching for the true Abandi now. "That means you're going to have to let loose a little bit. Ryogen will be there and you'll have to tap in to that inner well you have."

He brought her hand to his mouth, planting a soft kiss on her knuckles and holding it tight against his lips after. "Can you do that?" Speaking to her through the gaps in her hand created by her knuckles, his words were somewhat stifled but his intent rang loud and clear. It took immense focus on his part to hold back the energy transfer with such contact, but luckily for him she hadn't seemed to turned on the jets since awakening from her short nap.

Abandi blushed at how he romanced her, sparking a shock of energy to his lips and curling her mouth into a confident smile. Her eyes had gone completely purple as he spoke to her, the true Abandi coming to the forefront of her own mind.</SPAN></SPAN>

"Don't lie to me, I know my brother's stubbornness. Even if he says he agrees… he doesn't truly want to. Even now, I'm surprised his senses aren't tingling from that hand kiss you gave me…" Abandi smiled sinisterly. "It's not like him to give up that easily"</SPAN></SPAN>

Abandi remained sitting with him, watching him and trying to control the speeding heartbeat he was creating within her chest. She curled her other hand to her chest, then placed it in her lap, keeping her dress down so she could sit on her knees, looking him right in the eye.</SPAN></SPAN>

"If power is what you need, then I am the one" </SPAN></SPAN>

Aki's eyes softened, his gambit to draw out the true version of Abandi appearing successful. As the familiar signs of the real Abandi appeared - lower voice, shift in eye color, and the accentuation of her features - he let her hand go, allowing it to return to her lap or wherever it might want to return. He fanned his hands out behind him, bracing himself on the ground. His head tilted backwards, gazing up at the canopy.

"Good," he said, not turning his head towards her. "I will need you to constantly be supplying me with energy. For this to work, you can't overload me." His chin finally dropped to his chest, his eyes falling on her again. "And, like I said, you can't let Ryogen stop you."

Aki pushed himself swiftly to his feet, turning his back towards Abandi and facing a large boulder that existed about twenty meters away. He extended his hand towards it and towards the closest tree to it, sending energy out from his hands towards the two objects. "Let's give this a try before our safety is in jeopardy."

After a large amount of force was exerted on the trunk and the roots, the three was uprooted and the rock rose in to the air after it. The flow translucent purple-blue energy continued out of him, manipulating the two objects to start slowly circling each other. He was still full on her from before and had not had the chance to fully convert all of her energy in to his own. He wasn't exactly sure what might happen if he was truly only subsisting on her for several minutes on end, but this would be a good exercise.

"I've never run out of energy before, so it will be a test for me too" Abandi smiled, standing up next to him and watching as he started what looked like practice with his energy. She watched him for a moment, wondering what he was looking to accomplish with the tree and the rock, waiting for something to eventually take shape. After a moment, she felt impatient, letting her mind wander.

"My brother will never like you, no matter how much I do" A blush tinted her cheeks as she spoke, turning her head away from him and quickly changing the subject so she didn't completely embarrass herself. There was something about Aki that she admired, possible because he was the only person in the world she had met who understood her; she wasn't certain. she wanted to embrace him and thank him for the confidence he had given her, whether he knew he was responsible or not. If not for meeting Aki, she might never have been able to break the facade she had created so long ago. The child within her made romantic gestures, knowing how she felt toward him, though she scolded her childish self, pushing the emotion away and struggling for dominance.

"Why don't you let me help? So you can reserve what energy you have?" She questioned him, holding her arms up as her body was engulfed in the familiar purple aura he had witnessed before. She waited to see if he would accept her offer-still not sure what he wanted to do.