Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
It's Easier to just Look at Below
Forward:

I know.
Our World, Rizen lives upon borrowed time.
So I will go upon a journey to ensure it's continued existence.

The Tribes of Sapien exist to keep the Final Calamity at bay upon the precipice.
That is our duty... and our curse.

====================================================

-=[ Hex-B Presents ]=-

I know about the things that the people say about this pilgrimage. But, today, we saw Saefarians for the first time in our lives. They came to oversee the selection of the Warder for this journey.
Saefarians haven't come into the village in decades.

This journey will do much to increase yours and your family's status in the tribe. Your skills and talents make you the finest of the tribe, and it's that caliber of person that we need for this most important undertaking.

Demon Crown Mountain is the sacred site that shall serve as your final destination. Even from here, the trek to reach the site will be treacherous. But don't lose sight of what you've set out to do.

You little insects go around doing all of these disruptive Ceremonies without bothering to ask us how we feel about it. So of course we're inclined to intervene.

Why are the Doven undermining our journey? Those mountain-folk had to have traveled weeks to come here.

You people seek the end of the world?
No. We merely seek to restore the balance that has been bastardized by your kind.

Everyone's scared. To think that this journey would be so treacherous. That so many would try to see it fail. But, doesn't that only confirm that we need see it through to the end!?

You are the Warder for this journey yes? I never thought that you would make it past all those obstacles. I am quite intrigued.

I'm right here. I'm the one you're looking for.
Cirika, don't-!

So the Warder was from the House of Ikkikari, then. You will regret revealing yourself!

I want don't want to lose anything.
As the Warder, I won't hide, and I won't falter.
Even if my heart wants to break, I can't let it!

Aachen Rizen Compile
Hymn of Origin

Aachen... please grant my wish!

Grant me the strength to endure until the end.

Together with my friends...
I want to believe that we can save the world!

Introduction:

Hi Everyone! Ehb Here!

Welcome to One Shot!
Due to certain people picking a certain thing in a strawpoll, I am compelled to move forward with their Christmas present. In the Manga Industry, a One Shot is a sort of Short Story that is used to sell a story or an artist's skill to perspective agencies. In this case, because I am still obligated to a certain other RP, this 'one shot' is a very small Group RP that has a very strict run time of ONE MONTH. That's right, the RP has to END one month after it starts.

This makes for a very hectic posting schedule. But it also lets us test the waters of a new setting. The story is a bit more planned out and does have an intended ending. Overall the One Shot would serve as a bite size prequel for a bigger offering later down the line if it's compelling enough to continue.

This idea is primarily aimed at the Certain Folk who voted in that strawpoll since it's their Christmas present, but this is also open to anyone interested as well. The Desired cast size for this RP is small, at around a cap of 6 Players. Though the idea can go ahead at 4 or 5.

@ERode @LowDefinition @Skyswimsky @EmperorsChosen @Karyra @Love @Luma @Rithas @RedArmyShogun @Illin

I promise that I won't fall behind in Hisakawa, For Realzies!

ARCTitle_Interest.jpg

Aachen Rizen Compile
Hymn of Origin

Menu Theme Because Why Not:
The Saga of 'Compile'
The Tragedy of Demon Crown Mountain

In a Nutshell:

Aachen Rizen Compile - Hymn of Origin
Follow the Journey of Cirika Ikkikari and her companions as they make a vital Pilgrimage to the Shrine at Demon Crown Mountain. The party composed of the town's best nobles and servants quickly find that the stakes of this once-in-a-century journey are even higher than they could've ever dreamed of.

Will they complete their journey? Or will the countdown to the world's end begin once more?

• Format: Group RP
  • RP Type: Fantasy World, One Shot, RPG Party Adventure
  • Expected Post Rate: 2-3 Per Week
  • Target Cast Size: 4, Max 6.
  • Character Limit: 1
  • Mandatory Secondary Communication: Discord Server
  • Signups Opening Date: TBD Jan 2018
  • Duration: One Month

The First Release!
Rizenopaedia - World Data Log
Here's some world information. If people find it interesting, we can start talking about stuff like character sheets, and battle systems, and whether to do this in an actual thread or a PM thread. Or an actual release date!

Places

Rizen - The World the RP Takes place in. Here resides many different races and species. The part of Rizen that the story takes places in is primarily inhabited by three races, the Sapiens, the Saefaerians, and the Doven. Who are at best at odds with one another.

Aachen - The realm of Gods. According to tradition, this ephemeral plane resides high in the sky where greater beings bring about blessings of rain and fair weather, as well as disaster and misfortune through their mastery over the natural forces. Mortals plead to the sky for their goodwill and mercy.

Tousawa Basin - A large valley region that serves as the primary setting of 'Hymn of Origin'. The area is inhabited by the three Sapien Villages who have on occasion contested control of the area. Half a Year away from the nearest Saefarian settlement, and about a month's travel away from the nearest Doven Citadel. Tousawa Basin's most notable feature is the ominous Demon Head Mountain. Located close to the center of the Basin.

Haschou Village - Your Home Village. Haschou and the surrounding realm is ruled by the House of Ikkikari. A Sapien Tribe headed by Daimyo Ikkikari. For the past two decades, crops have failed, and the animals and livestock in the surrounding area have been stricken by disease and death, bringing hard times for the people. The selection of Haschou and Daimyo Ikkikari for the Pilgrimage has been the first bit of good news the local villagers have heard for several years. Tomorrow, a tournament will be held at the Lord's Castle to determine who is worthy of braving the journey to come.

Demon Crown Mountain - A large mountain that dominates the otherwise rolling fields of this Rp's setting. The only mountain visible from your home, it resembles a helmeted figure. Demon Crown mountain is your party's ultimate destination, the Pilgrimage is destined to end there.

People and Races

House of Ikkikari - The Ruling Family of your local township. Years of trouble with ruined crops and declining animal populations for hunting has worn down the Lord of the Realm, Daimyo Ikkikari. A bright ray of hope was brought upon the people when Lord Ikkikari's family was chosen to make the pilgrimage to Demon Crown Mountain - something done only once every hundred years.

Ikkikari Cadet / Servant Houses - Your particular characters are, by default, associated to the House of Ikkikari by being a part of the Houses' Servant or Cadet Branch. Opening the possibility of your character being a noble of sorts, or an ambitious servant seeing to prove themselves. As such, by your family's honor, you're expected to raise arms to ensure that the Pilgrimage is a success. Though only the best servants will be accepted to join the Lord's Scion. Nonetheless, this honor is something that only happens once in a lifetime. Your parents make it very clear that THIS may by the most important day of your life - as you go to the selection trials.

Cirika Ikkikari - The Scion of Daimyo Ikkikari. A frail looking and aloof young woman. Regardless, as per the Daimyo's Decision, she was chosen to make the pilgrimage on behalf of her family. Due to your character's default settings, she knows of you personally - though the dynamic between you two has been shaken by the upcoming Pilgrimage. Her skill with her sword and over natural forces is impressive. Little do others know, her unique take on the Ikkikari Style would become the standard from generations to come.

Ikkikari Compound Swordsmanship - A Combat Style that your Village is Known For. It utilizes long Dai Blades as Tuners to increase the magnitude of one's manipulation of Natural Forces in combat. Due to the state of your Village at the time of the RP, as well as the cost of creating Dai Blades many nobles have looked to differing ways of doing combat. The Ikkikari Style would be carried on through to other, later generations.

Sapiens - Tribes that primarily reside in the interior of the continent. While physically similar to the Saefarians, they are are much more attuned to the natural forces of the world and live out comparatively simplistic lives - and are able to sense when natural forces are shifting. While all Sapiens are able to sense the natural forces at work, with some training, some Sapien are capable of controlling these forces, dedicating their lives to the mastery over their most attuned element.

The average Sapien lives for about 40 or so years. Most deaths are caused due to sickness given the rudimentary lifestyle of tribesmen as well as the sometimes unforgiving climates they live in.

Character Races Are Set this Sapiens by default.

Doven - The 'Ear'd Ones'. Physically distinct from Saefarians and Sapiens due to their much larger and developed ears and tail. The Doven excels in physical prowess as well as their naturally hardy nature. Living in certain sacred forests or in the interiors of mountains in the continent. The Doven have had a long history.

Doven posses the longest lifespans of the races presented here. Living to around 100 or so years. It's worth nothing that Doven society 'retires' kin who live to 60 years to lighter work - most notably, many become the craftsmen who create the curious and remarkable trinkets and machinations they are capable of producing.

Doven are locked out as a player character class due to story reasons for this run. Though your character would've heard stories of them from elders.

Saefarians - A developed people who reside in brilliant cities on the coast. Though they rarely venture inland. While physically similar to Sapiens, they lack any natural atonement to the natural forces. Your character in the bounds of this RP will consider these people as alien, giving their upbringing. Saefarians have advanced equipment that would seem otherworldly the other races.

Saefarians society is not as well known to your set of characters. Due to them rarely venturing out of their cities or making any contact with your particular tribe.

This race is locked to PC's within the bounds of the RP for story reasons.

Special Topics

Natural Forces - The occurrences of wind, fire, water, and earth. It is said that the gods of Aachen use these forces to affect the day to day fates of the mortals on Rizen. Each race has particular ways they can detect and affect the natural forces. Among them, however, Sapiens are capable of sensing and controlling the natural forces inherently. As a rule, however, Sapiens are born with an affinity to only a single element.

The Feel - Sapiens do not know what element they're attuned to at birth. Their particular elemental attainment is seemingly random. However, when they reach about 10 years of age, usually Sapien children develop the sense to their particular element. 'Getting the Feel' is about as normal a life event as hitting puberty, of having one's first baby tooth fall out. This can take the form of sensing an oncoming rainstorm, being able to sense the wind, or having a feel for the earth. Once a child develops the Feel for their element, the possibility to train them to control it opens. Gaining control over it requires dedicated training, however.

Warder - The Warder is the primary head of a Pilgrimage. In this case, they are the ones designated to make a journey a particular pilgrimage site and perform the necessary ritual to ensure the 'bindings' are renewed and kept in place for another century. Every century, people forget how treacherous these journeys can become. Regardless, participating in a Pilgrimage and ensuring the Warder's safe arrival to the site is a great honor for those who attend to them. For some, a chance to go on a pilgrimage is the most important thing to occur in their lifetime, and competition to join the Warder is fierce.

Akumagraphy - The Sapiens' control over the Natural Forces is known as Akumagraphy to the other races. This term is used derogatorily in this setting.

Last edited:
Reactions: Illin and Jakers
Woah. Really love this concept, and will certainly be sticking around to see where it goes.

I haven't actually ever 'completed' an RP on iwaku before yet, so an RP duration date of 1 month sounds pretty awesome.

I have a couple of questions to start with (and will probably have a few more later).

>What are the sort of post lengths/post qualities you're looking for in this RP?

>If there's too many character sheets for your max player limit, how will you handle things?

I would be up foe playing this one shot. I'm willing to see how this will go.

Consider me intrigued, perhaps even attentive, focused, absorbed, engrossed, fascinated, riveted, gripped, captivated, rapt, agog, enquiring, inquisitive, curious, burning with curiosity!

I'm up for this.

Hi @Jakers, thanks for showing interest!

>What are the sort of post lengths/post qualities you're looking for in this RP?
In a standard RP I'd ask for intermediate Quality with at minimum 2 Paragraphs per post. Since this one is a bit more rapid fire, I would say at least a paragraph per post just to avoid it becoming chat-like.

>If there's too many character sheets for your max player limit, how will you handle things?

You can probably regard this interest check as the sign up thread once I start going over CS related things. As I usually do, it's first come first serve. Or more specifically, the first folk who get their Character Sheets Completed and Ok'd by the GM.

• Useful
Reactions: Jakers
Oh wow, I didn't know this was open to the general public. I'll regret this in the future, but count me in.

This reminds me of something...
0b888a0d5197dd09fa4d04136f1f1cb9.jpeg

It might be suicide of my free time, but I love me a magical fantasy.

Lets' see that's one, two... five. Well alrighty! Before things get hectic let's go ahead and talk about two really important thingies. The Character Sheet, as well as Dice Rolls. Please note that I still am not accepting character sheet applications as of this writing, but this information is being written out now to allow for people to start thinking things over.

Let's talk about dice! And the Character Sheet!
By default, stated actions in the RP are resolved at the GM's discretion. However, when you really want to do something that would otherwise be difficult or unlikely to succeed, one can 'roll the dice' to have a better chance of getting a desired outcome.

Along with it's use In Character, dice is also used to decide certain qualities about your character's station in life as well as their proficiency in certain areas. At the moment, I'm a bit short on time to go into detail, but what I DO have is the draft of Aachen Rizen Compile's character sheet that does explain a bit where dice comes into play. Do note that it may be subject to change, and that you may find your character's 'rolled details' may affect how you fill out their CS.

But for now, feel free to have a look over it and ask any questions that come up! As always, Ehb continues to be known for opressive Character Sheets!

[fieldbox= Character Sheet, white, solid]
Basic Information

Character Name: (If you Care about Canon Names are Japanese-esque)
Character Color: (Your character's speech is denoted by a certain color. Which is it?)
Character Appearance: (Anime Style)
Social Class: (Decided by a Dice Roll. This is your character's standing that they were born into. This subtly effects how other character's view them.)

Dislikes: (Things your character dislikes. Min 2)
Quirks: (Do they do things subconsciously without realizing it, does it annoy people? Min 2)
Fears: (Nothing remains an invalid fear. Min 1)

Be sure to detail out your character's likes/dislikes/etc. to make your cs feel a bit more complete. Even one sentence would suffice!

Stake: (Each character here has a reason for participating in this journey. Honor, Glory, Wealth, or something more? This drive that lies at the core of your character is what will truly bring them to life in this story. What's at Stake, is this very thing that will probably be lost to them if the journey fails in it's mission.)

Most Embarrassing Moment: (Your character's most embarrassing moment that your party generally knows of. Lets face it. They've grown up with each other, so everyone has at least one.)

Skill Details

Weapon: (The Type of Weapon your Character Equips to Protect Themselves. Note that the weapons available to your characters are basic. Thinking swords, spears, bows, and shields, etc.)

Elemental Affinity: (Your character is born with an affinity to either Fire, Water, Wind, or Earth. This also dictates what sort of Elemental Force Manipulation They're Capable of.)

Elemental Force Rank: Your Characters Proficiency over their Particular Element. This mostly applies to out of battle actions.
Physical Rank: Your Character's Physical Prowess. This applies to Physical Feats in and out of battle.
Charisma Rank: Represents skill in speech and persuasion. Use it at the right time to talk your way through things.

Note that your Elemental, Physical, and Charisma ranks are decided by dice rolls as well.

Techs:
Techs are your character's special arts. Akin to Skills or Artes in certain RPG games. At the start of the RP, your character knows 2 Different Techs. As you progress through the RP, you can upgrade your Techs to have a higher chance of successfully landing a 'critical blow' - which reflects your character's mastery of that Tech. The format of your techs is as follows:

Note that at the Start of the RP you Start with 2 Techs. One at Level 4 and one at Level 1.

Format:
Tech_Name - Mastery_Level
Attack Class - Element
Tech_Description

Example:
Impulse - Level 1
Earth - Light & Close
Send a shock-wave along the ground to strike at a foe.

Note that while lesser enemies can be dispatched without needing to use Techs. Powerful Foes will sometimes need to be finished off with a one, or even several successful 'Critical Blows' from your party's respective Techs.

At a certain point in the story if you have mastered an art and met certain requirements, you can make one final upgrade to allow for a successful 'Critical Blow' to trigger a 'Critical Finisher'. A powerful signature move for your character that can deal significant damage to even the hardiest of opponents.

Relationships
As in previous Ehb RPs the relationship system helps get initial introductions out of the way. Especially true here since everyone comes from the same village. How your character feels towards everyone is based upon their own opinion, but can also be affected by what 'Social Class' they are compared to yours.

This would just be a list of characters, as well as what your character thinks of them in their own words.

Bonus Section (Optional)
Fill out this optional section and get a bonus Tech Skill at Level 1 For Free!

Character Voice: (What do they sound like?)
Character Theme: (For when the scene's focused on them?)
Character Battle Theme: (When you have to fight against them?)

Entering an Easy Battle Line:
Entering a Normal Battle Line:
Entering a Hard Battle Line:
Entering a Boss Battle Line:

Defeated an Enemy Line:
Defeated by an Enemy Line:
Resurrected from KO Line: (We don't actually use Healing though)
Using an Item Line: (We Don't Actually Use Items Though)

Retreat From Battle Quote:

Normal Victory Quote:
Tough Victory Quote:
Flawless Victory Quote:
'Critical Finisher' Victory Quote:

'Our Weapons Are...!' Gag Victory Quote:

[/fieldbox]

Anyway! Please stay tuned for an a completed character sheet example, any notifications of changes, a bit more details on how dice will be used ICly, and information on how the actual signup process works so that maybe we can start before new years, optimistically!

And of course, to answer any other questions and such.

@Luma
Ooh. I have no idea where that picture comes from, but I did spend time trying to find a 'helmet shaped mountain' picture. No luck, however.

Last edited:
It's from a 'game' called Journey (which is more like an interactive symphony than a game, but still gorgeous). Goal is literally "get to the shiny mountain in the distance." Also if you need a mountain pic, I'd recommend "skull mountain" instead. Some of them are passable as a helmet, cause at least they got the head shape.

On another note, how large are Sapien tribes exactly? Cause my mind originally thought a dozen-or-so tents worth of people, but if they have a fully functioning hierarchy of nobility, it must be a whole lot bigger than that I'd think?

I've got a few questions, too:

>Are things such as ghosts and the undead actually proven to exist in Rizen? Or is it something some people believe/some people don't?
>If somebody in our PC's tribe were to make plans to steal from others tribes in order to protect their own, would they instantly become an outcast if they were found out (even if they had no plans to kill)? Or would they simply be punished and have to prove themselves to get back in the tribe's favour?
>Are there any surrounding animals at all in the land around our PC's tribe, or is it pretty much a miracle just to see one due to how often they're hunted? Would it be possible for a character to have an animal companion?

Alright Folks! I guess the gates are open. Please do make sure to read through everything as I do check for details.

Additionally, do note that some parts of the CS did get edits here and there. So please refer to the CS posted in this post if you go ahead and make a character!

>On another note, how large are Sapien tribes exactly?

The term of 'Sapien Tribes' actually comes from what the other races view them as. Mostly due to how spread out and un-unified all of them are. The village of Haschou numbers at around a thousand or so people.

>Are things such as ghosts and the undead actually proven to exist in Rizen? Or is it something some people believe/some people don't?

From your characters' perspective, stories are told among the folk about apparitions that appear in certain caves and burrows in the valley - as well as ill fated journeys of people who tried to venture deep into them. Whether they are folk tales or not is up to your character, so some folk believe it and some don't.

>If somebody in our PC's tribe were to make plans to steal from others tribes in order to protect their own, would they instantly become an outcast if they were found out (even if they had no plans to kill)? Or would they simply be punished and have to prove themselves to get back in the tribe's favour?

Theft is considered dishonorable. Between tribes, it would actually be more 'acceptable' to declare you're taking something and kill them for it. The Local town's ideology leans more towards honesty in that respect. If a character would try such a thing, and be found out, it would be seen as that person trying to drag the entire tribe into a war on their own - even if it's unintentional. So in a nutshell, yes, that mindset would govern how people treat that character until it is erased honorably.

>Are there any surrounding animals at all in the land around our PC's tribe, or is it pretty much a miracle just to see one due to how often they're hunted? Would it be possible for a character to have an animal companion?
At the time of the RP, most docile game animals would be hugely scarce. The only animals that could be found readily would be more dangerous game and predators. I haven't gone into making a bestiary so you can assume the standard fare of Wolves, Birds of Prey, Etc. to be the more common creatures that would be encountered at the time.

Continuing on, an Animal Companion would be acceptable - provided the animal chosen is not outrageous like a teleporting dragon or something. If you intend to use that companion for combat however, do note that it will be treated as a 'weapon' your character is using. This basically means you wouldn't be able to roll 'Critical Blows' for both yourself and an animal partner separately.

How To Join! Signup Process
Joining the RP is, like always, a three step process.

Step 1: Post and Roll!
Make a Post here, in this signup thread. You'll include this basic information.

Character Name:
Next, let's roll some dice!
These dice rolls will decide certain important things about your character, as well as their proficiency.

Roll a 4 Sided Die a total of 4 Times.
If you really want to, roll it a 5th Time to decide another important thing for your character!

Note: If you're unhappy with your first set of rolls, you're allowed ONE Re-Roll. Make sure to choose 'THROW A DICE' from the drop menu instead of 'THROW ANOTHER DICE' so that those rolls won't be merged with your first rolls. In the end, you will have to pick between your first roll set or the re-roll set.

Each Die Roll will decide the following:

First Die (Social Standing)
1. Member of the House of Ikkikari, Making you one of Cirika's Direct Relatives.
2. Member of the Nobility. Obligated to serve Daimyo Ikkikari.
3. Member of the Servant class. Whether it be as a waiter, or even as a particularly talented guard.
4. Part of the Peasantry. No one had expected a commoner to join the journey.

Second Die (Elemental Force Rank)
Your character's proficiency in controlling their Element outside of using Techs.
1. A Rank
2. B Rank
3. C Rank
4. D Rank

Third Die (Physical Rank)
Your character's physical prowess. Used for attempting special actions outside of battle. Also governs how generally strong they're regarded as.
1. A Rank
2. B Rank
3. C Rank
4. D Rank

Fourth Die (Charisma Rank)
Your character's skill in speechcraft. Used for attempting special actions outside of battle or in conversations. Also governs how generally intelligent they're regarded as.
1. A Rank
2. B Rank
3. C Rank
4. D Rank

Optional Fifth Die (Elemental Affinity)
Though you have the option to choose yourself. You can live up to the Canon idea that characters' elemental affinity truly is random. Remember, Sapiens are born with the control over only one element.
1. Wind
2. Fire
3. Water
4. Earth

In the end, You'll end up with something like this:

Dice_Example.png

(In the case of Cirika I went with the Re-Roll since it was a bit better.)

Step 2: Fill out character sheet!
When you've finished, Tag @Ehb to look it over, and make whatever edits are requested. You may need to tag Ehb to look it over again since they forget real easy.

Be sure to just EDIT your sheet into the post you made your dice rolls!

[fieldbox= Character Sheet, white, solid]
Basic Information

Character Name: (If you Care about Canon Names are Japanese-esque)
Character Color: (Your character's speech is denoted by a certain color. Which is it?)
Character Appearance: (Anime Style)
Social Class: (Decided by a Dice Roll. This is your character's standing that they were born into. This subtly effects how other character's view them.)

Dislikes: (Things your character dislikes. Min 2)
Quirks: (Do they do things subconsciously without realizing it, does it annoy people? Min 2)
Fears: (Nothing remains an invalid fear. Min 1)

Be sure to detail out your character's likes/dislikes/etc. to make your cs feel a bit more complete. Even one sentence would suffice!

Stake: (Each character here has a reason for participating in this journey. Honor, Glory, Wealth, or something more? This drive that lies at the core of your character is what will truly bring them to life in this story. What's at Stake, is this very thing that will probably be lost to them if the journey fails in it's mission.)

Most Embarrassing Moment: (Your character's most embarrassing moment that your party generally knows of. Lets face it. They've grown up with each other, so everyone has at least one.)

Skill Details

Weapon: (The Type of Weapon your Character Equips to Protect Themselves. Note that the weapons available to your characters are basic. Thinking swords, spears, bows, and shields, etc.)

Elemental Affinity: (Your character is born with an affinity to either Fire, Water, Wind, or Earth. This also dictates what sort of Elemental Force Manipulation They're Capable of.)

Elemental Force Rank: Your Characters Proficiency over their Particular Element. This mostly applies to out of battle actions.
Physical Rank: Your Character's Physical Prowess. This applies to Physical Feats in and out of battle.
Charisma Rank: Represents skill in speech and persuasion. Use it at the right time to talk your way through things.

Note that your Elemental, Physical, and Charisma ranks are decided by dice rolls as well.

Techs:
Techs are your character's special arts. Akin to Skills or Artes in certain RPG games. At the start of the RP, your character knows 2 Different Techs. As you progress through the RP, you can upgrade your Techs to have a higher chance of successfully landing a 'critical blow' - which reflects your character's mastery of that Tech. The format of your techs is as follows:

Note that at the Start of the RP you Start with 2 Techs. One at Level 4 and one at Level 1.

Format:
Tech_Name - Mastery_Level

Element - Attack Class
Tech_Description

In case you're wondering what the 'Attack Class' Section means. At this stage in the RP it doesn't really affect anything gameplaywise. But it's used to categorize the skill in general. For example:

Light & Close - A close ranged attack that can be executed quickly.
Heavy and Close - An that's generally slower but hits hard.
Light & Ranged - A weak ranged Elemental Force Strike
Etc...

Note that the system presented does NOT encompass any buffs, healing, or complex large scale 'spells'. Rather, these are character offensive skills. Techs that supposedly take down multiple enemies at once, or mention something about permanently disabling a foe is discouraged, as pvp is also accounted for.

Example:
Impulse - Level 1
Earth - Light & Close
Send a shock-wave along the ground to strike at a foe.

Note that while lesser enemies can be dispatched without needing to use Techs. Powerful Foes will sometimes need to be finished off with a one, or even several successful 'Critical Blows' from your party's respective Techs.

At a certain point in the story if you have mastered an art and met certain requirements, you can make one final upgrade to allow for a successful 'Critical Blow' to trigger a 'Critical Finisher'. A powerful signature move for your character that can deal significant damage to even the hardiest of opponents.

Relationships
As in previous Ehb RPs the relationship system helps get initial introductions out of the way. Especially true here since everyone comes from the same village. How your character feels towards everyone is based upon their own opinion, but can also be affected by what 'Social Class' they are compared to yours.

This would just be a list of characters, as well as what your character thinks of them in their own words.

Bonus Section (Optional)
Fill out this optional section and get a bonus Tech Skill at Level 1 For Free!

Character Voice: (What do they sound like?)
Character Theme: (For when the scene's focused on them?)
Character Battle Theme: (When you have to fight against them?)

Entering an Easy Battle Line:
Entering a Normal Battle Line:
Entering a Hard Battle Line:
Entering a Boss Battle Line:

Defeated an Enemy Line:
Defeated by an Enemy Line:
Resurrected from KO Line: (We don't actually use Healing though)
Using an Item Line: (We Don't Actually Use Items Though)

Retreat From Battle Quote:

Normal Victory Quote:
Tough Victory Quote:
Flawless Victory Quote:
'Critical Finisher' Victory Quote:

'Our Weapons Are...!' Gag Victory Quote:
[/fieldbox]

Step 3: Get a Confirmation PM, and Join the Discord.
The first six who tag and complete their CS satisfactorily aside from completing relationships are the ones who get in.

Ehb sends you final confirmation Via PM!
Join the Discord (info will be in that PM)

Remember to keep your relationships updated with characters as they roll in. Until then it's just waiting for the IC thread.

Finally, here's an example of a completed sheet.

[fieldbox= Cirika Ikkikari, Grey, solid]
Basic Information

Cirika Ikkikari

RPCirika_Prof.jpg

Character Color: Grey
Social Class: House of Ikkikari

Haschou Village - There is little else this noble could want save for the peace and prosperity of the people who will someday call her Lord.

Wind Force Manipulation Training - She's not naturally adept to harness her affinity to Wind. But, the challenge to the one thing that has not come easily to her has given her a purpose to work harder.

Dislikes:

Seeing Idleness - She will compulsively ask you what you are doing if she sees you doing nothing. And will happily give you something to do if you don't provide a satisfactory answer.

Sword Training - While a natural at the sword, even with the hefty Dai Blades used by their style, the limitations of her body handling it have become apparent. She is unable to energetically wield and swing the weapon all day as her other peers. These limitations despite her skill frustrates her.

Quirks:

Stone Faced - Cirika's default expression appear very apathetic, which does much to dishearten people who try to converse with her, even if she is actively listening to them.

Bossy - Expected by Lord Ikkikari to someday succeed him, even if it is at the side of another person. She can seem overbearing at times.

Fears:

Wolves - Cirika had a terrible run in with wolves as a child. The guards were able to reach her in time, but the other child was not as fortunate. She's been scarred by it ever since.

Stake: All eyes in the village are on Cirika, ever since it was announced she'd be the warder for the pilgrimage. There is an expectation that the completion of the pilgrimage will reverse the hard times that have fallen over the tribe. This is also the first and one of the biggest tasks that's ever been entrusted to her. Normally considered a sheltered daughter, Cirika wishes to prove her worth to the people that will someday be under her care. For her, it feels like so much is riding on this journey, that she's ready to put her complete self into seeing it through.

Most Embarrassing Moment: After escaping the castle, Cirika had befriended one of the commoners and spent the day learning about the village with them. Unbeknownst to that child, the Castle Guard scoured the town, until they finally caught up to both of them. She declared that she'd take that child as their husband before the guards in order to scare them off. It didn't work. But that doesn't stop the nobles from gossiping who that other child was. It's a mystery, even to Cirika herself.

Skill Details

Weapon: Dai Blade - A Long and Curved Blade that's almost as tall as Cirika. This is the standard weapon used in the Ikkikari Combat Tradition.

Elemental Affinity: Wind

Elemental Force Rank: D
Physical Rank: A
Charisma Rank: A

Techs:

Draw Pivot - Level 4
Force - Heavy & Close
Throw a foe into the air with a rising slash followed by a strike from one's scabbard.

Scatter Slash - Level 1
Wind - Light & Close
Sheathes of Wind Dissipate from the Blade as it is Swung. Pelting the foe with small bolts of Wind Force.

(Get the Free Third Skill By Completing the Optional Bonus Section!)
Brandishing Tempest - Level 1
Wind - Heavy & Close
Draw one's blade to forge a dangerous twister that envelops the first thing it comes into contact with before dissipating violently.

Relationships

Azai Hase Ikkikari: "Precious Little Azai. In the event something were to happen to me, that's where he would come in to ensure there is no empty space for accession. It's important that he be aware of that possible finality.

But, he's so sincere. I feel a little bad for being rough on him. But, maybe someday he'll realize the importance that both of us have to the people we live with, here in Hasechou. Yes... this journey shall be dangerous. There is no need for both of the potential successors to be put into harms way. I'm certain father will keep him home while I perform the pilgrimage."

Eimi Otachi
: "From the Otachi family, Eimi Otachi is a dutiful member of the nobility. If this had been years ago, she probably would've been leading the villagers against our rivals across the forest in the other villages. But, in this time of strife I'll be counting on her. I am glad that she is with us.

It would be wrong of me to try judging her of her experience of wandering and being scarred from nearly drowning. I've had something like that too."

Jouta Shizuka: "A man of the Shizuka Family. His knowledge of the lands around us will no doubt be helpful. That's what I want to think at least. I'm still at unease. Will he betray us like the others had done?

The injury he sustained is a testament to him abandoning the people who betrayed us. Should I think of it that way? Or should I be weary knowing that his dedication has faltered before?"

Arara Sakanade: "Arara is the most diligent of servants in the households of her age. I'm a bit worried sometimes that on some days, it looks like she's working harder than I am. I strive to work hard and be worthy of her loyalty.

Arara is my best friend. She's protected me since were were children before she was even able to wield a weapon. I can confide in her in anything. I'm thankful to her for that. I can truly believe in her."

Kiri Moriya: "Wha...what? She's going on the pilgrimage as well? She's more worried about sleeping then matters of grave importance like this journey. She may be the most qualified Noble of her family but will she even wake up in time to leave when we have to?

Is she even obligated to come along? If she is, then does that mean we'll have to account for servants to carry her around so she can sleep on the way? Just how did someone known for their excessive sleeping habits get selected??"

Reiji Shibata:
"There won't be a boywer to make new arrows for him, but regardless, his skills may be necessary for food, or if necessary, for defense. That being said, he's also a bit... unrefined compared to some of the nobles apparent? Something about sticking his fingers into his nose? Oh my...

Well, his archery skills will no doubt be of benefit to us. He may be into this journey for the glory but I think the duty to the people of the village is more than enough a call to arms to warrant that sort of enthusiasm. But then, we must be careful as well of what lies ahead."

Bonus Section (Optional)

Character Voice: Houko Kumashiwa

Character Theme: LinkYT
Character Battle Theme: LinkYT

Entering an Easy Battle Line: A petty attempt at an ambush, charge!
Entering a Normal Battle Line: Here they come! Formation!
Entering a Hard Battle Line: This foe we have stumbled upon...! Steel yourselves!
Entering a Boss Battle Line: This is it! Everyone, are you ready?

Defeated an Enemy Line: I've taken one out.
Defeated by an Enemy Line: Is this... really it?
Resurrected from KO Line: It is not over! I can... still go!
Using an Item Line: I shall make use of this!
Retreat From Battle Quote: Tis unwise to fight a pointless battle. Withdraw now!

Normal Victory Quote: It is over. Push on!
Tough Victory Quote: We shan't make such a gross underestimation again.
Flawless Victory Quote: I will not bring shame to the Ikkikari Style!
'Critical Finisher' Victory Quote: My blade with cleave the way to victory against all evil!

'Our Weapons Are...!' Gag Victory Quote: Our weapons are Obedience...! (Continues to others)

[/fieldbox]

@Jakers @Karyra @Rithas @ERode @Luma
Have Fun!

Last edited:
[fieldbox= Eimi Otachi, #EE82EE, solid]

Name: Eimi Otachi
Character Colour: Violet
c54cefdb5f7743f02d48cd8295d527a3--skins-characters-anime-characters.jpg
Social Class: Noble

It is on her honour and morals to finsih what she takes on.
- Leadership: As the correct thing to do is to follow orders. A thing Eimi will always abide to.And often finds herself confused without.
- Ability: It of course helps, however. If the leadership is there on merit and not less noble causes.

Dislikes:
- Empty Time:
As a person who enjoys doing things. The time when you're supposed to just 'relax' turns out to be quite the hardship for her. (It is, of course. A bit easier on her mind if she's ordered to do nothing. Then at least it's her job)
- Singing: In general, though more specifially herself singing. This mainly orignates from her childhood when a group of snotty kids teased her about her singing voice. She has not forgotten this.

Quirks:

- Bites her nails:
It's more of something to do to pass the time. Though it does increase when she is nervous. As the result of this, all her nails are bitten down to the pink.
- Word Jumble: Sometimes Eimi has trouble getting a sentence out in the correct order or even with the actual words she wanted to use. That's Sheep!

Fears:
- Drowning:
That event at the lake still gives her nightmares sometimes. Truly she knows fully how awful the feeling of drowning is.

Stake:
Eimi has always done what had been told to be done. Much one to never question her family. So when the pilgrimage began to take shape. A simple utterance from her family sent Eimi joining the others. The though of failing to complete what she has been ordered to do is...well...impossible right?

Most Embarrassing Moment: It was a particularly harsh winter. Eimi, an child who had just gotten in touch with her element at this point. Had escaped her family to adventure out into the middle of a nearby frozen lake. She had liked the way she could make the water swivel. Unfortunately for her, she had not been taken much care of where she had been stepping. And much to her suprise the ice broke underneath her.

If it had not been for a servant who had been sent out to search for her. She would have surely drowned in the lake. Even still, she was rushed back and still nearly died of hypothermia. She was bed-ridden for two weeks and the talk of the village for that time much to her embarrasement.

Skill Details

Weapon: Odachi

Elemental Affinity: Water

Elemental Force Rank: A
Charisma Rank: B

Techs:

Example:
Sword Cascade - Level 4
Water - Heavy & Close
Eimi charges at the enemy. Calling forth a powerful wall of water behind her as she runs through the enemy.

Arctic Call - Level 1
Water - Heavy & Far
Placing her feet firmly in the ground. Eimi raises her sword to the sky. Creating many piercing icecles. Before pointing at the enemy, causing the ice to hurl at the foe.

Geyser Slash- Level 1
Force - Light & Close
Water supporting her upwards. Eimi jumps and slashes at the enemy.

Relationships:

Cirika Ikkikari:
"The one who must lead us. I shall fufill what she asks to my best ability. She is one who deserves her mole....role!"

Arara Sakande:
"Respect. She is commited fully to her sole job of protecting our ward. And seems fully capable of doing so. There is no greater honour then to die for the cause. Not that will ever be needed, o-of course."

Kiri Moriya:
"T-this tart! How does she do it? Simply wasting away her time. One's purpose is to do the best of other wishes not to avoid hassle! This brings me great fish!"

Jouta Shizuka
"This one is unhonourable, and deserves the shame he has brought upon himself. Nevermind the fact he insist's on getting me to sing!

Reiji Shibata
"While perhaps not living up fully to his noble blood. He is one of the best with a bow in the village. So I suppose it can be...braved for now."

Anzai Hase Ikkikari
"The younger brother of our ward. He's always been sick for as long as I've known him. One must wonder if it's suitable for two members of the Ikkikari family to go on this treacherous journey?"
Entering an Easy Battle Line: A simple task for me to perform.

Entering a Normal Battle Line: Obstacles are to be expected in the path of our mission.

Entering a Hard Battle Line: This one seems tough, steel yourselves!

Entering a Boss Battle Line: Nothing will stop our mission.

Defeated an Enemy Line: We both have orders, it seems I have the greater wish to complete it.

Defeated by an Enemy Line: Sheep! I've failed everyone!

Resurrected from KO Line: I thank you for a second chance to finish this.

Using an Item Line: This will help my goal?

Retreat From Battle Quote: W-We must desist. We need greater strength for this mission. We shall return!

Normal Victory Quote: Onwards, to the finish line!

Tough Victory Quote: Gone the boulder in our path. I wish for mere pebbles further on.

Flawless Victory Quote: Quick but thorough is perfection.

'Critical Finisher' Victory Quote: Here, you will see true nobility!

'Our Weapons Are...!' Gag Victory Quote: ...Fishes!...

Character Voice: Minase, Inori (Spec Char Ex: Chizuru Takano)
Character Theme: Only Chance
Character Battle Theme: Flight to Victory
[/fieldbox]

Last edited:
Jouta Shizuka

Basic Info

Character Colour: Salmon
Social Class: Nobility
==========================
>Animals & The Wilds
Jouta has always preferred the open air as opposed to the oppressive nature of cities and other crowded places, and has a natural love and respect for nature and animals of almost any kind. Jouta has been known to attempt taming beasts considered dangers by most, which usually doesn't work (and is why his body is very scarred). Still, wild beasts seem to naturally act less violent around Jouta; even fearsome ones.

>Adrenaline
From very fast movement, to being an extremely high-up place, to having a close-to-death experience, Jouta has explainable love for the rush that follows when his body thinks he's in danger. This has made him naturally more likely to try risky things, which can either pay off well or terribly. He usually experiences this rush the most when he's getting in the way of danger to protect others.

>Singing with Others
Whilst it's fun to do so alone, Jouta finds no better way of bonding than having a song with his mates. He gained this love in his younger days, singing with his 2 fellow sisters and 2 fellow brothers, joking they'd become a 'travelling band' one day. Everybody soon grew up and got way too busy for that, though, but he still always carries around his shoddy lute just in case.

>Fresh Vegetables & Herbs
Often lecturing others about the 'power of vegetables' due to how good they are for you, Jouta loves freshly foraged herbs or home-grown vegetables whenever he can get his hands on them, seeing them as a rare treat after the blights. He loves experimenting with new recipes with these ingredients (most of his recipes actually being really tasty), and is sure not to waste a single part of a veggie/herb when he uses it, believing they're 'Gaia's gift'.
Dislikes
>Hunting/Meat
Jouta has always been against the idea of hunting the animals they share the land with, and has refused to eat meat or wear animal hide clothing ever since he was young. Every time he was assigned to hunt, he refused to and asked for another job instead, often resulting in punishment. As such, he's a vegetarian and will frown upon anyone in the party who kills animals.

>Greed
Simply put, Jouta heavily dislikes those who take more than they need, or those who refuse to share with others for their own gain. This does not mean he dislikes those of a higher social class than him, so long as they work hard and don't abuse their power to take more luxuries than they need.

>Inequality
Jouta has always been one to view everyone as an 'equal', despite how much they earn, what they look like, and where they come from - even if they're an outsider to the tribe. As such, he dislikes those who treat others differently due to things such as looks, gender, or social class. He also doesn't like it when others don't think much of him just because he's not high-up in nobility.

>Violence
Jouta is very peaceful at heart, and has never been one to think about solving problems with blood. In his whole life, he's never killed anything other than a few insects (accidentally), and prefers to find a workaround to such problems. Regardless, he still knows how to defend himself, but fights strictly non-lethally, and will always let an opponent flee or surrender if they choose to.
Quirks
>Chews Things
Jouta always seems to be chewing something in the corner of his mouth. Most of the time, it's what he calls a 'chewing stick', which apparently improves dental hygiene. Other times, it's something like a piece of hay or even the bud of a flower. Some are totally unbothered by this, whilst others find it a little disgusting.

>
Rugged
Even before he was banished out of his family home, Jouta has always kept an appearance that doesn't make one think he's of a high standing. He's never perfectly clean, some part of his clothes always seem to be ripped, and his hair could always use combing. Whilst a few people find this strangely appealing, most pass him off as lazy or dirty because of it.

>Tries to Write Songs
Jouta always seems to be trying to come up with song lyrics, often testing them on other people. Some find it funny how truly, genuinely awful some of his songs are, whilst others just find it irritating. However, he - once every blue moon - showcases a song that's actually quite good. He probably gets this from his ancestors in the Shizuka family, who are known for being very musical.

>Constantly Praying
It's common to see Jouta silently praying under his breath to the realm of Aachen, often with a distant and sad expression on his face whilst he does so. He often doesn't realize he's doing it, sometimes even doing it in his sleep. This is inoffensive to most, as he does it very quietly and almost inaudibly.

Fears
>Ghosts & The Undead
Jouta has always been paranoid by the idea of the 'living dead', instantly becoming absolutely terrified whenever someone even mentions the topic. He believes both exist, and even claims to have sighted them at times. Though it was probably his imagination, the idea of both still reduces the usually brave and fearless young man to a quivering blob.

>Smoke, Mist, and Fog
Believing all three to be 'areas in which ghosts manifest themselves', Jouta easily loses his nerve when a large amount of any of the three are present. He even seems to avoid campfire smoke, even going as far as to scream and run to the other side of the campfire when the smoke starts blowing in his direction.

>Ravens & Blackbirds
Though not to the degree his other two fears scare him, Jouta gets nervous around both creatures, as he believes both are 'bringers of bad omens'. His confidence will greatly drop for the rest of the day if he sees a large amount of either.

Stake
>Redemption

[spoili]A year ago, Jouta had a lover who he thought he was extremely close to, but had to keep his love secret as she was a much lower social class than he was. They both loved the tribe from the bottom of their heart, and hated seeing the condition it'd gone to. It was on a rainy day when Jouta's lover convinced him that they had to do something if they were to save the tribe, and that there was no other choice than to create a secret party who would steal from other tribes. Despite how many flaws there were in this plan, and despite how dishonorable it was to do such a thing in secret, his lover convinced him, and they secretly set out in a small group.

On the first night of their plan, however, Jouta watched in horror as his lover - seemingly out of nowhere - ruthlessly attacked a traveler and left them bleeding in order to gain their possessions. It was that night he realized she wasn't the woman he thought he was, and that this plan had been a horrible idea from the very beginning. He fled back to the village as quickly as he could, an arrow that'd been fired from his lover lodged in his side to try and stop him as he limped back.

Telling the truth about why he'd left the tribe in secret that day, whilst his punishment could've been much more severe, his actions were still greatly frowned upon by the tribe. Jouta was stripped of his privileges, forced to work amidst the peasants and bringing shame to the Shizuka family name after admitting he'd had feelings for a lower-class, 'unarranged partner'.

Ever since then, Jouta trained and practiced tirelessly - day after day - before unexpectedly pleading to accompany Cirika in her journey to 'redeem himself' and 'prove his love for the village'. His skills and courage had a grown to a level that was to hard to ignore, and he seemed to have unlocked his potential for his affinity for earth whilst he was training. Still knowing his lover and the remnants of the small group she and he put together are out there, somewhere, posing as bandits, Jouta hopes to never cross paths with them again in his quest to redeem his family's name.
[/spoili]
Most Embarrassing Moment
Other than the day of his public shaming, his most embarrassing moment was likely when he was 15, and cooked his first meal for the family, using ingredients he'd managed to freshly forage. He'd misplaced a herb for similar-looking one that had some... unpleasant effects, to say the least, causing him and his family to get sick for a while. The effects of the herb weren't anything lethal, just... not nice. Though he's much better with cooking, now, he never hears the end of it.

There was also a time when a wolf he was trying to tame cocked its leg and peed on him, before disinterestedly running away.

Skill Details

Weapon: Unarmed
When forced into a combat situation, Jouta doesn't use a weapon, but that doesn't mean he should be underestimated. His unarmed style is surprisingly effective, and he can throw a punch hard enough to take someone down non-lethally easily. He also knows various techniques for disarming opponents. This in tandem with his techs makes him quite a durable fighter.

Elemental Affinity: Earth

Stats
Elemental Force: B
Physical: B
Charisma: D

Techs
Stepping Stones - Level 4
Earth - Light / Medium
Creates a set of 5 levitating stepping stones himself or an ally can hop across. Each stepping stone will fall once stepped off, damaging any enemies below (but can't hit the same enemy multiple times). The final stepping stone can optionally launch the person traversing the stones in the air, allowing them to perform an aerial attack.

Mudslide - Level 1
Earth - Heavy / Far
Creates a 'board' of earth which he or an ally can step on. Once stepped on, the board will quickly zoom up to 20m in a set direction across the ground, spraying dirt and mud either side of the board which disorientates enemies if the ground is loose. Once the 20m 'rush' ends, the rider can use the momentum given by the board to perform a soaring attack.

Tremor Trampoline - Level 1
Earth - Light / Close
Jouta softens and loosens the structure of a 10x10m area of ground just before he or an ally lands on it, negating any injuries that could've occurred from falling. Additionally, they can choose if they want their landing to cause a shockwave that can lightly damage any enemies directly adjacent to them. The attack will count as 'heavy' if the person who landed on 'Tremor Trampoline' fell from a very large distance.

[All of Jouta's abilities are affected by the quality of the ground underneath him. Loose ground/mud are still good enough for the abilities to be cast, but poor quality earth will make each ability less potent.]

Relationships
Cirika Ikkikari

[spoili]"I can feel she's strong enough, and the right person to lead this journey. I don't believe the doubts of anybody else. Hopefully, I'll be able to prove myself to her regardless of my mistake a year ago, and although she's not much of a talker, perhaps I'll be able to get her to smile once in a while, eh?"

"I'll do my best to make her feel as comfortable as possible in the wilds... I'm used to em' by now. Maybe I can show her wolves are actually pretty cool if you treat them right, too! Either way, to regain the name of Shizuka family, I'll follow her commands to the best of my ability, right til' the end."
[/spoili]

Anzai Ikkikari
[spoili]"I've always been worried ever since I heard a member of the Ikkikari family was terribly ill, and when I heard Anzai had apparently recovered enough to get back on his feet, it was a huge relief to everyone. If anything, that illness of his has made him stronger, and I'm glad he'll be joining us."

"I've got a lot to prove to him, as well... plus, we don't know each other much. I think we're actually kinda similar, in a way, though. For example, I've heard he's a mean cook, so maybe we can trade some tips!"
[/spoili]

Arara Sakande

[spoili]"She may not acknowledge my presence, but still, I'll give it my best shot to get along with her on this journey! I'll craft her a meal so excellent she'll actually slow down to eat it. Yeah, that's right, that's how all-in I'm gonna go!"

"If anything, though, her dedication to Cirika is probably gonna end up being helpful if anything, and if things come down to violence, that's unfortunately where she excels best. I just hope I can keep her under control without her turning on me."
[/spoili]

Kiri Moriya
[spoili]"As soon as I knew Kiri was coming with us, I knew campfire songs were gonna have to be a no-no. It's a shame, but... it's better to have a happy and rested Kiri rather than one that secretly wants you dead cuz' you're keeping them awake!"

"For real, though, I'm glad Kiri's cool, the Moriya family is cool, and I'm glad she's coming with us. A chilled-out person like her is just what a group like this needs, and she earns all the naps she takes with how hard she can fight. Hmmm... now that I think about it... maybe she likes lullabies? Ooh, yeah, I've just had an idea for some lullaby lyrics... *scribbling sounds*."
[/spoili]

Reiji Shibata
[spoili]"Rare do you hear of a better shot than the eldest son of the Shibata family, and it's an honour to have him accompany us on our journey. Though I hope no arrows are gonna need to fly, if it ever comes down to that, then having a sniper is a good way to cause enemies to lose heart and surrender.

Although I've only had the chance to talk to Reiji a few times, I've got a feeling we're gonna get along just fine. Though we're still pretty different, I find him the most... relatable to me out of our group, in a weird sorta way. Just as with everyone, I'll have his back til' the end!"
[/spoili]

Eimi Otachi
[spoili]"Oh. She's... never really liked me that much. Just like with Arara, it's rare for them to give me anything other than a stern, disapproving look. I can understand why... what I did was stupid. But I want to prove to her that there's still a spirit in here, willing to regain the honour in his name."

"I've tried to show her the beauty of song before, but... that went really badly. I didn't know she hated music so much. But... you know what, I don't care if she hates me for who I am or what I've done. I'll still give it my best shot to get along with her! Because, after all, we're going to be a team."
[/spoili]

Bonus Selection

Character Voice: Tomukazu Sugita
Character Theme: L I N K
Character Battle Theme: L I N K

Battle Quotes
[spoili]Entering an Easy Battle Line: Tch... just... let these guys flee. This isn't right.
Entering a Normal Battle Line: Damn... we gotta fight? Alright! What's the plan?
Entering a Hard Battle Line: Don't panic, my friends. I won't let them get to you!
Entering a Boss Battle Line: No backing down now. Let's show them what they can do when our hearts bind together! ...COME ON!

Defeated an Enemy Line: Tch. I'm sorry...
Defeated by an Enemy Line: Damn it... I-I... couldn't... even... prove I could--
Resurrected from KO Line: Thank you... thank you! I won't waste this second chance, my friend!
Using an Item Line: This, uh, is gonna help, right?
Retreat From Battle Quote: You know what, enough of this. Time for my final move. ...RETREAAAAAT!!

Normal Victory Quote: This outcome... could it have been avoided?
Tough Victory Quote: Phew... l-let's... not do that again, my friends...
Flawless Victory Quote: Glad none of you got hurt. But, this massacre... we had no other options, right?
'Critical Finisher' Victory Quote: You gave me no other choice...

'Our Weapons Are...!' Gag Victory Quote: ...Resilience...! (Continues to others)
Fighting in Mist or Fog: U-u-uaaaa... I... I-I think w-we should run! This place is haunted... HAUNTEEED!!
Fighting Undead Enemy: *Unintelligible screaming*[/spoili]

[1st roll set chosen.]

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: Ehb
@Ehb - CS is completed, and ready to be looked over. I'm assuming we were supposed to use our dice left<-right in terms of order, otherwise Cirika would've been in the 'peasantry' social class if it was left->right? Or am I just getting confused?

Last edited by a moderator:
Character Name: Anzai Hase

[second roll used]

[fieldbox= Anzai Hase Ikkikari, red, dotted, 10]
Akise.Aru.full.1044498.jpg

Basic Information

Character Name:
Anzai Hase Ikkikari

Character Color:

Red
, or #ff0000 on the color wheel

Social Class:

House of Ikkikari

Hard Work- Nothing comes naturally, everything requires at least some effort. One doesn't stumble upon the perfect way to do anything the first time.

Cats- They're soft, and when you listen to what they want it's becomes clear exactly what kind of animal the cat is. Anzai secretly keeps one in his room, letting it come and go as it pleases.

Stories- He could listen to someone tell a story a million times and never grow tired. His favorite are fairy tales.

Cooking- Anzai often tries to learn from the chefs in the kitchen how to cook. He's become halfway decent at cooking already.​

Dislikes:

Doing Nothing- He doesn't understand how someone can see a problem and not attempt to fix it.

Wolves- Cirika was hurt by them once. Anzai won't ever let that happen again.

Being Weak- he used to be the sickly child of the house, and once he managed to get his health back he vowed not to be weak again.

Quirks:

Humming- when cooking or engrossed in a task, Anzai will hum to himself. Whether or not this bothers someone depends on if he notices he's humming or not.

Sword Handle Grip- When nervous, Anzai's hand with slide to his weapon. It doesn't have to be an oncoming fight, just anything that would make a person nervous. When he doesn't have his weapon, Anzai puts his hand on his hip and makes odd noises.

Extremely Quiet Sneezes- Anzai doesn't ever sneeze very loudly. If someone hears him sneezing it's because they are looking right at him.

Fears:

Being Useless- He wasn't there for anyone before, so getting protected or being unable to help in some way is worse than anything. Otherwise he'll be just like his old self where he couldn't do anything but cry and lay in bed.

Getting Sick- He was sick for a long time when he was younger. He was babied very hard and even when he got better they were afraid of him falling ill again, and the fear of this time he'd well and truly die. It ended up pervading his whole life and Anzai wants nothing more than to never be sick again. Even for a little fever.

Stake:

He wants nothing more than to prove himself and show that he isn't weak. He won't back down from this mission as it will prove that he's more than just that sickly kid in the Ikkikari household. Anzai was too weak to help before, so he won't let that happen again.

Most Embarrassing Moment:
When he first set out on his quest to master his weapons and magic, Anzai had very poor control over his magic. While trying to learn accuracy, he ended up hitting his instructor in the head with a rock. His instructor had stood behind Anzai. The instructor still has the scar from the rock.

Skill Details

Weapon:
Dual swords- two curved swords that are perfect mirrors of each other. He bought these just before departing on the journey, as his old ones were dulled to a point of no return.

Elemental Affinity:

Earth

Elemental Force Rank: B
Charisma Rank: A

Techs:

Triple Fang - Level 4
Earth & Physical- Heavy and Close
One stalagmite rises from the ground behind the enemy, then pulls that stalagmite close to him where he stabs the enemy on it with his two swords.

Hit & Run - Level 1

Phsyical- Quick and Close

Anzai runs in to slash an enemy and knock them down then runs back to the group.

Earth Launch - Level 1
Earth- Close & Heavy

Anzai launches himself off of a springboard of earth, trying to stab the enemy with both swords in front of him.

Relationships

Cirika Ikkikari

"My older sister and the person I want to protect most on this journey! She's worked just as hard as me in order to do her job. I want to help, even though our parents may disagree with me! I know that I need to be in the village, but I won't be the sickly younger brother anymore! I won't do it again!"

Eimi Otachi

"She's so serious. But her slip ups with words is pretty funny. I have to stifle a laugh when she does it. She's like the secretly adorable girl in every group. She yells at me when I start humming... I can't help it though. I just start humming and can't stop."

Jouta Shizuka

"... I keep forgetting he's a noble. He's so at one with nature that he seems more like a peasant most of the time. Plus he seems to only want to hug all the monsters. I don't get it? I don't feel bad when I eat chickens or goats. Plus, the monsters usually attack first."

Arara Sakanade

"My sister's bodyguard. She's pretty uptight about protecting Cirika, so I guess that's okay... but I feel like I should help more, you know? Her dedication makes me feel a little useless. I mean she's a pretty great person in her own right, but she works so hard to protect my sister. I'm just the sickly heir... how can I help?"

Kiri Moriya

"She's always asleep. To be honest.... I'm not sure why or what she's trying to do here. It's a little weird. Maybe she's trying to nap in more exotic places? Anyway, I just hope that she doesn't try to sleep during a fight! that would be pretty bad..."

Reiji Shibata

"This guy tells the best fairy tales. I don't know where he gets them from, but it's always entertaining to listen to, plus this guy seems really excited to explore. I'm just eager to leave the house, but I really do want to see the whole world on this journey. Or... ah... at least more of it."

Bonus Section

Character Voice: Toshiki Masuda
Character Theme: The Promise
Character Battle Theme:Force Your Way

Entering an Easy Battle Line: "Just sit back and let me do all the work!"
Entering a Normal Battle Line: "Well now, it's just about time for me to get some practice in."
Entering a Hard Battle Line: "I'm not scared of a few monsters, no matter how strong!"
Entering a Boss Battle Line: "There's no running now, let's do this!"

Defeated an Enemy Line: "That's all you got?"
Defeated by an Enemy Line: "No... I can... still... fight..."
Resurrected from KO Line: "Thanks! I won't go down again!"
Using an Item Line: "Anything to keep me on my feet and fighting."

Retreat From Battle Quote: "If you say run I'll follow!"

Normal Victory Quote: "I won't hesitate, and I won't run!"
Tough Victory Quote: "I have a lot more to learn if I want to fight as well as everyone..."
Flawless Victory Quote: "I trained too hard for this. This stuff's easy!
'Critical Finisher' Victory Quote: "It seems I hit them too hard."

'Our Weapons Are...!' Gag Victory Quote: "Blades and stuff!" (continues to others)
[/fieldbox]

Last edited:
  • Love
Character Name: Arara Sakanade

4YBVUTF.jpg

Basic Information

Character Name: Arara Sakanade
Character Color: #4da6ff
Social Class: Member of the Servant Class

Cirika – She swore once that she would be her sword and her shield, her wings and her anchor. That oath still stands now, an immovable promise.

Training – A weapon must be cared for if it is to serve its master well. She is that weapon, and the endless hours spent on honing her skills serve as the whetstone and the oil.

Daybreak – She once thought that the sun would never rise again. Now, she praises the heavens every time that blessed brilliance breaks over the horizon.

Dislikes:

Wolves – Cirika's afraid of them. Arara will kill them all.

Being Unable to Fight – Whether disarmed, injured or simply disallowed from violence, she hates both.

That One Commoner BoyHissssss. There was no way some nameless commoner brat was going to have Cirika's hand in marriage. Filthy, manipulative brat should stick to pushing shit around.

Quirks:
Flickering Gaze – Arara's eyes rarely stay still, even when talking to others. Simply caution and discretion on the part of a guard? Or a paranoia that dates far back?

Fast Eater – In the time it takes a normal person to finish a meal, Arara does in a quarter of the time, shovelling food into her mouth at mach speed, while somehow being passably elegant with it.

Fear:
Failure – A broken weapon is useless. At the very least, in the presence of her master, she will be unbreakable and infallible. Even if she has to break herself to do it.

Stake: Her Light has been selected as the Warder, and that girl is kind enough that she would not refuse the burden of the savior. Arara can only save those within her reach. What other option did she have, but to follow her into the depths of hell?

Most Embarrassing Moment: When Cirika had gone missing in the town, Arara had joined the search for the young Ikkikari heir. In her near-panic, she had looked everywhere and anywhere, busting into houses and looking down walls and digging through sewers and braving the stench of public outhouses. In the end, the normally prim and proper guardswoman was a flushed mess. Though gossip amongst nobles talked about the mystery of the boy, amongst the guards of the Ikkikari clan, her whole thing with crawling through horse dung in search of Cirika was a story that would never die.

Skill Details
Weapon:
Naginata – Polished steel sharpened to a razor edge and mounted on a fire-hardened pole. Its name is 'Sakanade', her beloved blade.

Elemental Affinity: Fire
Charisma Rank: D

Techs:

Great Fireworks | Level 4
Fire | Heavy and Close
An upward slash sends the enemy airborne, before the naginata is imbued with magic and tossed at them, driving them skywards before erupting into brilliantly incandescent fireworks.​

Dance of the Fire God | Level 1
Force | Light and Close
Supple footwork and skillful cuts emulate the flickering of flames as an unending flow of erratic strikes descend upon her foe.​

Cloud Splitter | Level 1
Fire | Light and Ranged
The naginata's blade glows with brilliant heat, splitting apart the very air as powerful shockwaves sweep outwards with each swing.​

Relationships
Cirika Ikkikari – Arara has devoted her life to her charge, and will continue to do so steadfastly, sparing no expense to aid her master.

Jouta Shizuka – He exists and can serve as a good shield for the Warder. That is all.

Eimi Otachi - Sisters in the arts of war. If Arara embodied the Sun, Eimi was the Moon. Though the purity of their blood may differ, mutual respect can be found in the polish of their Artes.

Anzai Hase Ikkikari - Sickly as he is, Anzai is but another burden on Arara's shoulders, another person she, as a member of the Ikkikari Household Guards, is obligated to protect. She'll commit to her task though, and ensure that neither Ikkikari heir falls in this quest.

Kiri Moriya - Why? What have they done to deserve this?

Reiji Shibata - Vulgar, uncouth, and inelegant. More savage than noble. Looking at Reiji reminds Arara of how lucky she is to serve Cirika.

Bonus Section
Character Voice: Chika Anzai
Character Theme: Seiren Naru Heretics
Character Battle Theme: Ouka

Entering an Easy Battle Line: "Hmph, more fools to the pyre."
Entering a Normal Battle Line: "Sakanade, let's drive back the rabble."
Entering a Hard Battle Line: "...stand back, Cirika."
Entering a Boss Battle Line: *takes a deep, long breath*

Defeated an Enemy Line: "The expected result."
Defeated by an Enemy Line: "N-not yet! I can still..."
Resurrected from KO Line: "This flame will burn eternal!"
Using an Item Line: "Calm yourself. Steel yourself."

Retreat From Battle Quote: "Hurry up! I'll be right behind you."

Normal Victory Quote: "Cirika, shall we continue?"
Tough Victory Quote: "You were a worthy foe...I shall remember you."
Flawless Victory Quote: "Let's get going. Slaughter isn't our objective."
'Critical Finisher' Victory Quote: "Day breaks once more!"

'Our Weapons Are...!' Gag Victory Quote: "...Steel and Soul!"

Last edited:
  • Love
[fieldbox=Kiri Moriya, #99FFFF, solid]
Basic Information

Character Name: Kiri Moriya
Character Color: Light Cyan [#99FFFF]

T8UkNGZ.png

Social Class: Nobility

Naps - Any chance to doze off and dream, which as far as she's concerned, is all the time.

Tea - How else would you stay hydrated? Water is so dull in comparison, and the warmth is great for relaxation.

Nighttime - Ironically, Kiri is a night owl and likes to remain awake late, when all is peaceful and quiet. In practice, she tends to nod off for a few minutes though.

Snuggles - It helps to get into the dreamy mood and is doubly necessary in the middle of the day.

Dislikes:

Loud Noises - Although any kind of intolerable noise will do, the loudest ones are obviously the worst.

Nicknames - "Maple? Who's Maple? I'm Kiri."

Daytime - The time where everyone is shuffling about, making fusses, and doing loud things.

Mud - Unsightly, nasty stuff that corrupts better colors with its hideous brown-ish grey.

Quirks:

Sleepwalking - Also includes sleeptalking, and sometimes even sleepsnacking. Disturbingly, there are times when she's just as functional asleep as she is awake, though in these cases she views the world through "dream logic."

Compulsive Rearrangementation - It would be symmetrical if the other one were an inch to the left. Why aren't they the same color? There are eleven daisies, which is one more than ten, and one less than a dozen. Add one or take one away. Someone turn that corpse: all the others are facing the other way around.

Fears:

Heights - Heights are just naturally dizzying, but knowing full well that she sleepwalks makes them a logical fear and danger. As much as she hates dirt, Kiri very much likes to have her feet firmly on the ground.

Stake: Kiri has a well-known reputation for being lazy and generally good for nothing, which… is pretty much true. Luckily - as a noble - she was able to get away with a very minimal workload; that is until this "exhausting quest" was announced. As the most capable member of the house of Moriya, Kiri is obliged to leave the comfort of home for the sake of the pilgrimage. Failing would no doubt mean the loss of her family's honor and - more importantly - her relatively cushy lifestyle.

Most Embarrassing Moment: One morning - in her early teens - Kiri suddenly awoke in the middle of the village, blissfully cuddling a maple tree as several onlookers chuckled. Though sleepwalking was nothing new to her, people still make jokes about it on occasion, all of which Kiri herself is somehow excluded from. She has no idea what sort of things she was murmuring, and no one wants to tell her for the sake of the jokes. To this day, some still call her 'Maple-chan,' much to her chagrin.

Skill Details

Weapon: Light crossbow - To make up for her lack of physical strength, Kiri avoids the frontlines and relies on the ability to kill things before they get close enough to tear up important things... like her hair.

Elemental Affinity: Earth

Elemental Force Rank: B
Physical Rank: D
Charisma Rank: B

Seismic Flick - Level 4
Earth - Heavy & Close
Kiri 'bings' something with a flick of her finger, bashing them with power
similar to that of a falling boulder.

Gravity Bolt - Level 1
Earth -
Heavy & Ranged
Fires a magic bolt from the caster's finger, which applies a crushing, downward force to the target it hits.

Pebble Barrage - Level 1
Earth -
Light & Ranged
Lifts several nearby rocks and bits of gravel, hurling them toward the foe in rapid succession.

Relationships

Cirika Ikkikari - "I am doing something. Sleeping counts. With her in charge, I don't think anyone could sleep ever again. Her demands are cute, but only when you can ignore them if you want. I feel kinda sorry for her though: that's a lot of pressure for one girl to have on her shoulders."

Arara Sakkanade - "I'm a little jealous. I'd love a personal knight to protect my naps. Lucky Cirika. But Arara is also so loud, I don't know if she could do that even if she tried. She is who she is, though I don't understand why she works even harder than she has to."

Jouta Shizuka - "I would say he's a nice person who got all tangled up with the wrong people. It's kind of sad, but I'm glad he's getting this chance to redeem himself. On the other hand, his dirty clothes make for bad snuggling, and I'm still not eating anything he's cooking."

Eimi Otachi - "It's like she's always running forward, which is funny because she makes the best tea for relaxing if you can convince her. She has such a great feel for water, so I guess it carries over to tea. Another cutie who's adorable to tease when she's trying to make me do tiring things."

Reiji Shibata - "Noooo.... Reiji? Really? I have to do this quest thing with him? I don't like saying bad things about people but... He ruins the natural elegance of sleep with sounds that remind me of a wild animal drowning in a barrel of syrup. That's the most polite I can be about it. Can't we maybe just replace him with someone else snugglier...?"

Anzai Hase Ikkikari - "He's like the less pushy version of Cirika. It's a shame he isn't the Scion, but I guess it's for the best, since he used to be so sickly and all. Why is he even coming though? I'm pretty sure he doesn't have to. It just has to be his sister. Does he really want to prove something silly that badly?"

Bonus Section

Character Voice: Rie Takahashi (Emelia's lines at the start are probably the best example)
Character Theme: Dream Culture
Character Battle Theme: Track 01

Entering an Easy Battle Line: Yawn... Can we finish this up quickly, please?
Entering a Normal Battle Line: Must we really fight this one?
Entering a Hard Battle Line: Oh wow, I'd better focus.
Entering a Boss Battle Line: This is it, everyone. Are you ready?

Defeated an Enemy Line: Whew.
Defeated by an Enemy Line: I'm just going to rest here for a while...
Resurrected from KO Line: Mmyaaah... Can't I just have ten more minutes?
Using an Item Line: Something this nice should be enjoyed slowly, yes?

Retreat From Battle Quote: Maybe we'll have better luck after a long nap?

Normal Victory Quote: Eleven bodies? Please tell me there's another one hiding somewhere?
Tough Victory Quote: That went better in my head...
Flawless Victory Quote: That was... actually exciting! Can we do another?
'Critical Finisher' Victory Quote: Cast away the nightmares and bring back the sweet slumber!

'Our Weapons Are...!' Gag Victory Quote: ... Dreams ...
[/fieldbox]

Last edited:
  • Love
Rolling rolling rolling

Character Name : Reiji Shibata

Basic Information

Character Name: Reiji Shibata
Character Color: This Orange (Available in the color palette, #ff8000 for you non palette using elitists)
Character Appearance:
yRWmW.jpg

Social Class: Noblety

"You see? This glorious red skinned goodness? This thing is really delicious you know."
-Exploring
One of the things that Reiji is excited about going through this quest, to see his village from the top of the mountain.
-Stories
Reiji appreciates listening through stories of past glories of various hero before his generation. He looks to make this trip a story to pass onto generations after him

Dislikes:
-Obstructions
Specifically, things that blocks his view. Even if the view is horrible, he won't appreciate it if one were to block his sight.
-Staying stationary for a long time
"Can you believe not moving for like... a whole day?"

Quirks:
-Picking his nose/ear
Everytime Reiji is on watch duty or doing something that bores him, his finger reflexively goes inside his nose or ear, picking some dirts that got inside or something like that. Some might be bothered for his rather... unhygienic reflexive action.
-Loud snoring
When Reiji sleeps, he snores quite loudly, bothering those who don't already sleep or those who easily awake by noise.
-Throwing cynical/sarcastic remarks
"Oh perfect, now we have to stop again, sure, take all the time you want, I mean, we have like forever anyway~"

Fears:
- Making hard choices
If Reiji were to make those kind of choices where it's basically Sacrifice or something similarly heavy. Reiji wouldn't make a vote. He would just look away and cast his abstainness.

Stake: Story - Reiji looks to make a story that will immortalize himself for generations to come, this journey would be a glorious story to be told if it were a success. If it fails however, There would be no story to immortalize him. Or perhaps a shameful story would bring shame to his name and his family.

Most Embarrassing Moment:
When Reiji was just starting to get The Feel of his element, he was training with his bow. At that time, Reiji was still not used to his element. When he was about to shoot, suddenly a gust of wind turned his arrow around and then pierces Reiji's clothes and carries him flying to a tree. Reiji was stuck on that tree for quite a while that the whole village witnessed this scene.

Skill Details

Weapon: Longbow

Elemental Affinity: Wind

Charisma Rank: C

Techs:
Knockback - Level 1
Wind - Heavy & Close

Reiji gathers wind force on his right palm before striking his close opponent to knock them away so that they get back to a comfortable range to shoot.

Falcon Arrow - Level 4
Wind - Heavy & Ranged

Reiji shoots from his bow, an arrow with a significantly higher velocity than his usual shots. With more force that aims to get the arrow pierces right through his opponents.

High Noon - Level 1
Wind - Light & Ranged

After a short moment of focus and gathering wind force. Reiji shoots rapidly in a blink of an eye, hitting multiple target at once would be possible.

Relationships
Cirika Ikkikari
"Ah the successor to House Ikkikari herself. What responsibility that she bears to lead the pilgrimage. You know, she's that sort of girl who maybe I would like, if not for her rather unexpressive face.
Oh and who can forget that time she left the castle? Haha... Good times.
"

Eimi Otachi
"The dutiful daughter of the Otachi family. She gets work done, though I'm entertained with her juggling words and sounding funny."

Jouta Shizuka
"Ah, the disgraced man of the Shizuka family, the rugged but gentle person. Seems like he's a living reincarnation of that man in the stories I've heard. His goal in this journey would surely make a good story. A man redeeming his name and honor. Though it would not be as good as my own story of glory."

Anzai Hase Ikkikari
"Cirika's younger brother, wonder why Daimyo Ikkikari would send two of his would be successor for a mission like this? Anyway, he likes stories and all that, we shared quite a few stories between ourselves."

Arara Sakanade
"This girl's loyalty to Cirika is over the top, that is really great. Even if she goes way over that like that time she go through horse dungs in search of Cirika. Though I fear that she would be the first to die with this sort of behaviour."

Kiri Moriya
"What is she doing here? Don't Moriya Family have some more competent people than her? No? Geez, Maple sure wouldn't be a burden. Doubt she'll be able to be sleeping with Jouta singing."

Bonus Section

Character Voice: Matthew Mercer (Specifically, his portrayal of Yusuke from Persona 5. Yes, crucify me for using an english VA but his voice fits well, here's the link)
Character Theme: (Link)
Character Battle Theme: (Link)

Entering an Easy Battle Line: "Heh, this should be easy."
Entering a Normal Battle Line: "Let's make this a fair fight hmm?"
Entering a Hard Battle Line: "No pulling punches here guys!"
Entering a Boss Battle Line: ". . . Archer ready."

Defeated an Enemy Line: "Bullseye!"
Defeated by an Enemy Line: "I can't fall here... not until-- urgh..."
Resurrected from KO Line: "A second chance... You saved me."
Using an Item Line: "This should help."
Retreat From Battle Quote: "To do such dishonorable thing... I'm sorry!"

Normal Victory Quote: "Whew, is that all of them?"
Tough Victory Quote: "Oooi!! Is everyone all right?"
Flawless Victory Quote: "Heh, Perfection."
'Critical Finisher' Victory Quote: "My arrow shall lead us to our goal."

'Our Weapons Are...!' Gag Victory Quote: ". . . Apples!!" *continued by another*

Last edited:
@Ehb It has been done. Preferrably, I'd like for Arara to be Cirika's personal bodyguard or something like that.

@Jakers
The numbering for the social classes is correct on the table. The rolls for Cirika also served as the examples, but it's predetermined that she's Ikkikari, but all the other parts were followed. In a Nutshell, Cirika's social standing was rigged no matter the roll.

Looking over the Character Sheet for Jouta

I'd like to start by saying that I'm impressed how quickly you managed to finish that. Well done. As for the lookover:

-Social Class: Both of your rolls actually indicate that your character actually is part of the Nobility. Which might understandably change quite a few things on that profile. But yes, your character is nobility.

-Skills In General: Your approach to your character's techs is pretty interesting. In general, his skills have some versitility in being usable for him and the others. It also already throws some punches at the limitations of the system in place, so let's go ahead and go over them. It's very admirable that you're aiming for a true team player. But, at the same time, the current format is in it's infancy, and anything like buffs is just not part of the system. Might become a bit clearer later on when characters are forced to fight for the first time.

Stepping Stones: I can see this being a very practical Tech. When trying to 'Roll This Tech' against a boss character. Do note that the rolls for 'Critical Blows' will still regard this as a single attack. (Or in other words, all Successful Critical Blow Rolls take 1 Hitpoint off an Opponent, No matter how complex or simple they are).

Mudslide: Acceptable. Again, do note that the full action still would be regarded as a single attack. If you cast this move, and it successfully rolls a critical blow it would count at one successful crit roll. Due to the system still being kept elementary, it heightening chances for a critical blow for an ally should probably be avoided.

Encase: Buffs are not accounted for in the current system. Please enter in another Tech to use.

Also the mentioning of the quality of available soil affecting his skills' effectiveness is admirable. Though, I'll go ahead and say that I won't be forcing you do keep track of the environments present or changing your character's effectiveness in actual battle. But I'd count it as an interesting anecdote.

@ERode
Sasuga, lets take a look over.
Arara being Cirika's bodyguard is fine.

Everything checks out. Please keep updating your Relationships as people get added, but otherwise CS is good to go.