A song of ice and fire (game of thrones) RP?

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, what I meant was setting locations for the IC to begin. And I'd say nay to canon characters overall, with the exception of the odd cameo, but no canon characters as main characters (eg. Bronn might be on the adventure with the other characters, but he's everybody's to play rather than being controlled by one specific person).
How are we going to set the role-play out in terms of where to start? What I was considering was starting off at a tavern/inn somewhere on the Kingsroad, where characters can interact and run into one another, so when they leave some will be leaving together, etc? Or we could have a couple of different starting locations.

Another question for everybody.

I'm thinking of making a character that is a kind of Knight Templar, but in Westeros (duh), and I want to make sure nobody has any objections to that. I thought it could be an interesting one to play, especially a very noble one, considering the ruthless and corrupt nature of that blasted country. XD

Edit: Also, I think both starting at an inn on the Kingsroad and different locations could work - but for the second one I think we would have to have a plot thought out already so that we know they will eventually come to travel together. Kind of.

Yeah, I think starting just at the one inn might work better, although I think plots will end up splitting: some characters will be there because they're headed for the wall, so they might join up and head there together. Others might be headed south, so they might join one another, and some might stay at the inn, et cetera, rather than having one big group traveling all together.

Loxley, a hedge knight might fit your purposes.
As for a starting location I'd recomend Lord Harroway's town in the riverlands; it stands at the crossroads of the king's road and the riverroad as well as lying near the Trident and it also gives many ferries along the rivers.

Yeah, I'm planning for him to be one of those, kind of, but under the orders of a Templar like organization. By all accounts aside from the name and his white surcoat, though, he'll be a hedge knight.

That sounds great as a starting location.
How many characters do you think we should allow each person to have? (Some characters would probably never travel alone, so they might have companions with them- shall we say that they should simply be side-characters?) Also, how many people do we need to get to sign up before we start?

My personal opinion is, to begin with, one character, and if needed, tag-along NPC's to that character (such as pages, slaves or whatever).

I also agree on the starting location. The number of people we need to begin with I think depends on how many are going to the same location. It may not be very fun for the one person who wants to go to the North if everybody else wants to go to King's Landing, for example. :D But provided everybody can agree on a destination, I'd say we're more than good on the number right now.

Aye, I'd say one per person as well.
As far as people is concerned, we could just as easily start with this lot and see how many people join over the course of the next couple of days. But one question remains, if we three start this of, where are you guys headed in Westeros?

I've decided that my character would be on a pilgrimage to go to the Great Sept of Baelor in King's Landing, myself. It seems fitting with his character as a templar/religious knight in service of the Faith of the Seven. :dude:

Ok, we could just start with this lot then. Of course, there will be NPCs at the Inn and so on. I haven't established my character completely yet and so I'll probably see where the two of you are headed first.

EDIT: Going to King's Landing works just fine for me!

Last edited by a moderator:
I honestly don't care, I was thinking of creating a wandering crow like yoren which would give me full access to almost the entirety of Westeros including the night's watch and even the lands beyond the wall. It also gives my character a free reign on where he goes (to a certain extent)

Perfect, I'll create the IC, Sign-Up (Character Sheets) and OOC threads then! :)

EDIT:
Sign-Up/Character Sheet Thread Here
OOC Thread Here
IC Thread will be up soon! Let me know if you think there are any edits I should make/things I should add :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I GIVE UP. I HAVE TO JOIN THIS. I HAVE SUCCUMBED.

Status
Not open for further replies.