A new world

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Kiyomi knew that any moment now Micah would fully snap and go beserk on her and Katsu. She didnt want to hurt him, and she had promised him she wouldnt leave his side....but this happened. She was confused and didn't know what to do. She blinked, looking at Micah, and then to Katsu. "K-katsu...how much longer?!" She covered her ears at his scream. "Hurry Damien!!" She shouted, and Damien burst open the door and stopped. "Micah! You have to listen to me!" He looked at him with no emotion. "You have to keep your head together and DRINK THIS." He held it in the air, and looked at Kiyomi for her to take it to give to him. Kiyomi looked at him like he was insane, but took it. "Micah...you gotta trust us!"

"I f he even thinks of endangering you I will kill him." Katsu replied as he seemed to resort to a more normal tone. He seemed to have a calm face despite the wounds that seemed upon it and his eyes seemed calm and focused. He looked at Kiyomi. "I think he is going to go into a frenzy and try to eat us. If thats the case I will try to let him go after me first." Katsu replied as he began to cut his hand and open some of his healing wounds. "He won't turn until he finally eats but before he does so you can give him the stuff. Just hurry before I change my mind and think this is a bad idea." Katsu smirked as some of his features seemed to return to a more normal human state.

At that point, Micah had a blinding headache. It resided behind his cheekbones and on the middle of his forehead, and while to most it would feel like having stuffy sinuses, to the vampire it felt like his head was going to explode. When the smell of fresh blood hit him, it nearly pushed him over the edge. Once he clenched his hands into fists, however, digging his nails into his palms, he was able to calm down just enough to keep from attacking anyone. He still couldn't remember anything, though, and was still making soft whimpering sounds as he felt his mind's barriers weakening.

"I'll admit that he is a strong one." Katsu's voice seemed to be less grizzled as more and more of him seemed to return to normal. He clenched his head and his eyes began to widen. He had remembered that something tasted in his mouth. As the beaker had broker something had fallen into his mouth. He had avoided it but as he felt his skin begin to soften he began to fall to the floor.

"Thank you," she said softly, backing away as the foundations of the building began to weaken beneath her feet. She gave a last bow to the woman as she accepted the control pad and began to back away from the woman, stuffing it in the top of her shirt for the time being. At the top of the set of stairs landing before reaching the next level, her entire body turned swiftly with a small splash and she darted up through the darkness. It had been a rash decision, she concluded, and maybe even cowardly but it was too late to turn back and she already had a goal she needed to accomplish. Her hand tightened around the pad with her arm hugging tightly to her chest as the familiar sounds of the battle came through the nearest exit to the hallways. There was light as well, with shadows running past and the pounding of solid boots slipping through the threshold to reach her ears, making her flinch slightly. She waited until it was silent for more than only a few seconds and it was safe to assume that the soldiers had already gone, before she retched the door open and ran through the passageways. Eyes wide and alert with head twitching every few seconds in search for any danger, she moved from one corridor to another in search of a plug like the one Echo had found in the elevators, which would hook her up to the system.

Hykos watched Hayra as she ran by. He was hunched over some bodies taking samples from both the humans and the creatures which had attacked them. He was surprised she was still alive and searched around to see where the soldiers went off to. He pulled his little monitor and watched where the soldiers had gone to and which areas were being overrun by the actions of the dots on his screen. He breather slowly as he glanced back at her. "I wouldn't go that way." He replied. "Something big over there that they are trying to control. Went in the elevator shaft and is now running through our vent system. It could kill you." He warned.

"K-katsu! What do we do about..." She looked over at him and he, too, was falling to the floor. What was going on? Why were all of her friends and loved ones just about to die before her? She looked at Damien. "Damien! what on earth is-" "Shush!" He silenced her and rushed to Micah who seemed to be at his worst. Damien took a small needle from his pocket, bent down, and stuck his arm with the cure he created. Once that was done he went over to Katsu, and looked down. "I can't tell if hes dying or healing..." Kiyomi's upper lip curled up and she snapped at him. "Well you should know!" "I dont know everything Kiyomi!" He threw his hands in the air and growled at her, and she did back, then looked at Micah. She hated picking between the two, but she made a promise to Micah, that she wouldn't leave his side, no matter what happened. She made her way over and bent down next to him. "Shh...you're going to be okay..."

"I see where your loyalties lie..." Katsu joked as he grabbed at his abdomen. His wounds from earlier seemed to grow progressively worst as he began to look more human. His features becoming more fine and less rugged as he shoved Damien out of the way and collapsed against a nearby table. He could feel his body growing weak as he used a chair near him to support himself. He began to cough sickness as he began to look younger and younger. "I can still hold him down if I have to." He replied as he threw up rotten flesh from his stomach. "I feel like I am dying."

Micah had nearly screamed once more when he felt the needle prick his arm, jumping nearly five feet in the air. However, his legs wouldn't support him, and he quickly fell back down. Collapsing onto the floor, he struggled to keep consciousness, one hand gripping the place where the needle had pricked him, the other clawing at the floor, trying to make Micah cling on to something. He wasn't sure which was worse right now, the sensation of the infection taking over him or the medicine rushing through his system, seeming to burn his insides as it destroyed the infection.

Sweat gleamed on his forehead, oblivious to what was happening with Katsu. As the medicine ran through him, the pallor started leaving his face and he started looking less and less sick. Kiyomi's voice seemed to be the only thing that broke through the haze, and he weakly parted his eyelids, looking up at her blankly. He still didn't recognize her, but something about her voice called to him. His free hand reached for hers, but it fell short, and he settled back onto the floor, grimacing in pain.

"I am sorry Micah..." Katsu replied as he looked at Kiyomi. "I am beginning to remember why we did this..." He smiled softly as he seemed almost unrecognizable to who he once was. "This was all planned... To force us to come with a cure... Why? Because the cure also cures vampirism and lycans." He replied as he coughed softly.

Micah barely heard him, but it definitely registered. However, he couldn't respond. He was too busy heaving up the blood from the deer earlier, creating a dark red, sticky mess on the floor. Coughing afterwards, he waited for the tears to leave his eyes before he could see two white objects among the blood. They were his fangs. Bringing up a shaky hand, he felt where his incisors should have been, only to find empty spaces, the barest hints of human-sized teeth appearing in his gums. "...God..." he whispered, steadying himself by placing his hands firmly on the ground, which happened to be in the puddle of blood. In a flash, his memories came flooding back, and he nearly passed out right then. Forcing it down, for now, he shook his head against the pouring of images, names, and sensations in his mind. Shaking fervently now, he tried to calm himself, but that was nearly impossible by the time he felt his dead heart make a staggering, thundering boom in his chest. Clutching at it, he braced himself for the next one, so unused to having his heart beating in his chest. "No," he shouted furiously, tears filling his eyes. It felt like he was losing himself, losing who he was. As tears filled his eyes, he bit them back, letting out a strangled sobbing noise.

Kiyomi was torn between the two. They both were in such wreched awful states. Micah might live, but Katsu...Katsu was a different story. She looked over to Katsu. His words hurt her. 'Where her loyalites lie...' what was that supposed to mean? she was one being, and can only attend to one. Kiyomi was finally realizing she wasnt as strong as she thought she was. She was lying to herself. Inside she was weak, and as caring as a human, despite her vampirism. She held back the tears though, knowing they would do no good. She looked back to Micah, seeing his hand reach for her, but then losing its way, and dropped. She put her hand on top of the one that dropped and she looked at him with kind, soft eyes. "I know you dont know who I am...but I made a promise that I wouldn't leave your side, so trust me on that." Then then looked over to Katsu, over her shoulder. Heartbroken she couldnt do anything for the both of them. "Damien, you gotta do something for Katsu..." Damien sighed. "No more can be done...we just have to wait and see..." He said to Katsu, kneeling beside him and giving a small smile of reassurance. "They key is the will to live....though if you don't have that will...I cannot help you. Though Kiyomi looks like shes torn...so I suggest it be in your best interest to live."

(ooc: Equinox, we seem to have a habit of replying at the same time lol)

Katsu smiled as he looked at Damien and kept himself upright. "Probably would be wise to kill me..." Katsu replied as he sat. His hair was now dark and his eyes were blue. He seemed to match their ages but seemed older because of the wounds across his body. "She already decided which side she will be a part of... I don't hate her for what she is choosing." He replied as he coughed and grabbed at his chest. "This disease was created like this on purpose... All of it. We would have had overpopulation without each species wiping out one another... We had two options... Continue the madness or come up with another solution. A disease which could eliminate enough life to allow for reproduction and continuity." Katsu replied as he looked at both.
"It was planned from the very beginning."

Damien looked down, his dark, shaggy red hair falling slightly in front of his eyes. Then he looked back up at him again. "Its your choice to die, Katsu." He said. "If thats your wish. But you might want to tell Kiyomi that." Kiyomi looked at Micah one last time, and decided she needed to go to Katsu. He needed her as well, it was wrong of her to choose. So she got up and jogged to the other side of the room to Katsu, where she knelt down and looked at him. "W-...whats the matter?" She could sense something was wrong. "Yo...you're gonna live, arent you Katsu?"

"I'm not gonna die at least not yet." Katsu replied as he looked at Damien. He watched as Kiyomi came closer and looked her in the eyes. "That thing was what was keeping me alive. I don't know how long I can exist. Especially since all the wounds I sustained as an infected will start appearing on my body. I'll need to find something to let me still exist without me being infected." He coughed as specks of blood fell on his hand. "Help Micah though, I think there are things that could help me still."

"Basically what he is talking about is if you let Micah live his cure will spread like a new disease which will eliminate vampires and if you let Katsu live his will effect humans. That was the point of the cure is to eliminate vampires when they cured them from it. Would have been the largest genocide in history compared to this infection." The man that had shot at them from the streets below was behind Damien as he talked. He seemed a bit saddened from the situation but just watched intently as he looked at Kiyomi interestingly. "If you choose both... Well you can kill us all with that situation. Would you truly risk the lives of everyone just for both of them or risk the lives of half for one. My favorite decision is saving neither and killing them both while we have a chance."

Kiyomi touched Katsu's cheek briefly and then let her hand down, and listened to him. It sounded like it might work but she wasnt sure. Just then, when she heard the voice, her head snapped and she looked up at the man who had gone completely beserk on them when when they were down in the streets. Her eyes narrowed and she bared her fangs. "Killing off both races? Impossible..." She growled. "How dare you think such a thing! Both can live equally as they did before...how to restore that...I just...I just don't know." Kiyomi looked down, and then Damien stood up, standing next to the man. "I dont believe you were invited in here....leave."

"You didn't have to invite me. I let myself be at home here." The man walked across the room and eyed Kiyomi. "Impossible? Not really. This virus killed a very large portion of the population you realize?" Harpuia raised an eyebrow as he looked at the injured two men. I am not saying war will kill the two but the cure that resides in either of them will affect the other humans or vampires that have not been infected... How the cure works is simple. If you are infected you are cured but if you were never infected at all you will simply start to fade off and die from it since the cure has to attack cells to continue to live and that is how it controls the infection. It doesn't rid of it... It controls it. Also, you think the vampires will even think of allying themselves with humans after this?" He asked as he looked at them all.

Kiyomi continued to glare at him. Something told her not to believe a word he said and she wasnt about to. She stayed close to Katsu, and let her eyes roam over to Micah, who was having an equally hard time. With a huff, she looked back to Katsu and watched as he started to look more and more like a mauled human. "A hospital maybe...? Some are still in function...maybe if we could get you to one, Katsu. I would say for Micah too...but a vampire isnt really alive. They wouldn't be able to do much." She said, enough so Micah could hear.