A never-ending trek

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Yipe!!!" He jumps out of the car and examines the dent and wheel. "What are you doing?!?" He looks at the dwarf. "... And who are you..."

"Kilo Tunnelhelm," the dwarf responded, and scratched his head. His eyes grew. "Yeowp!" Kilo exclaimed, "Ah left me 'elmet in tha tunnel!" He turned and looked back, then paused and reconsidered. "Ah, It 'ad a dint innit anyway."

Kilo turned back to the lad. "Human lands?" he asked. That made sense. Big folk would need a big cart.

"well nice to meet you Kilo. and im a furry... so yeah human lands or whatever you called it." He said with a smile.

"Ah kin see that," Kilo said, "But ye don't see me annoncin' mah furriness to tha world." He took another look at the boy. He had an odd nose, but Kilo hadn't seen many big folk. For all he knew, the humans had as many nose shapes as they did languages.

Kilo looked past the hairy human to the other two, who looked more like the drawings he'd seen of their kind. "What're ye haulin'?" Kilo asked in regards to the cart.

Uruna observed the bearded stranger closely and then nodded to himself, as if settling on something and replied "Four souls... And from what i have heard... a treasurechest big enough to fit us all" he said smiling. "But i'm sure last part wouldn't interest someone of your species... The stories from my childhood say that you are always loaded in that particular area".

At the mention of treasure, Kilo jumped past Dax and into the strange cart. "Ah don't know what yer nurse told ye 'bout me," Kilo said, "but ah ain't one t' shy away from treasure. 'Sides, we prospectors aren't loaded like tha kings be."

The interior of the vehicle seemed to baffle Kilo. He turned around a few times and poked at the upholstery before plopping himself onto the floor.

"Oh... I see..." said Uruna slightly displeased, but then the smiled returned to his face as though it had never left "Well, I was just testing you lad and you passed! I mean heck, what's the difference between one third and one fourth of the price after all? Practically none!" Turning again to the front seat Uruna practically shouted with anticipation "Well fine gentlemen! Where are we heading?"

"Whoa, whoa, whoa!" said a girl, jumping out from behind the door. "Dex, where are you going with my GMT Terrain?" "Did you ask, before you took it?!" The girl was blond with streaks of purple in her hair, along with a sword clasped to her belt. "Anyways, you are going to need a mage for this quest, aren't you?"

elf_ranger.jpg

And from behind the girl, came another visitor, a 'rogue' or 'ranger.' Standing at 5' 9" or so, he stood up, having slipped around the edge of the car in a half-crouch, and poked his face from behind the girl's shoulder. With pointed ears, bright, bright blue eyes, and a somewhat slender but muscled physique, it was apparent he was an elf. And he asked, lightly, if seriously, in a sonorous voice, "And what is a GMT Terrain? This metal carriage thing?"

"ahem" He turns to the girl and looks at her confused yet irritated that she had decided to yell and startle him a tad bit. "I don't ever recall needing to ask as i have thought you may perhaps feel it necessary to leave this place and travel elsewhere with us." "does that not sound accurate?" He then turned to the elf behind the girl. "yes it is indeed, quite a luxurious ride."

[where did we get GMT?... I thought i had it GMC XD but I guess it would suit it better not to copy off an actual brand.]

Since the vehicle had been packed away for some time, and was only recently unveiled, the sudden mass of noises perpetuated by both Dax and the steadily arriving crowd, which unwittingly was about to fly off on some adventure Into the wind. grated on the ears of a girl the thrown words and conversations back and forth would suddenly and very loudly be broken by a wreath of distortion and then a humanoid frame appearing out of thin air on the back-seats as she tossed her Invisibility spell aside with this to say; "You are all so noisy, Invading my home like this.."

Of course this wasn't the mysterious girls home, It was Infact where she just happened to sneak Into, find comfy and fall asleep Inside. that was the very simplistic version of the story. she appeared like a typical teenage girl; short, petite and small stature with an almost harmless build, long flowing ankle-length turquoise blue hair, pink-Ish lips. wide oval eyes that almost eerily shined when exposed to shade In a brilliant deep ocean blue.

each facial twist of her wide thin lips caused the small rows of shark teeth to become visible In vague pearl white shines. her heart-shaped face and eerie eyes were almost further Illuminated by how the girls skin was a almost sickening pale. her clothing consisted of a black and white long stretching tribal marking robe/coat complete with a hood that could be pulled down to cover half her face If need be, she carried no visible weapons of any kind. she had long tall standing Nine-Inch ears however, similar In design to an elf's, but much more thinner and fragile appearing Imp-like even.

If her previous outburst was Noticed, then a lengthy period of silence would ensue most likely, but had her voice gone un-recognized. the mysterious girl would simply lean forward, and plant her pale skinned chin Into the shoulder of the drivers seat from the back-seat In the vehicle.

As a period of silence did ensue Dax broke it saying "Funny... your smell doesn't linger for long then. Surely I would not have parked the car here if i knew someone was residing here." He takes one long sniff and flickers his ears. Sure enough he fell silent again as he realized her scent was the same as his surroundings meaning she had been there for a while. Ever so slowly he bowed his head. "Er... forgive me."

Kilo sat patiently as more strange folks popped up and jabbered about the mechanical cart, or "car" for short. "One o' ye gonna start this thing?" Kilo asked, "Tha longer ye wait, it seems the more folks pop in, an' I'll 'ave no breathin' room afore long."

At this Dax quickly hopped in the driver's seat. He felt the youngest of the group but he didn't care. Quickly he inserted the key and with a flick of his wrist holding the key the engine roared to life. He yelped as the radio blasted a bass sound that he swore could be heard from a mile away. "S-sorry" he muttered as he turned it down.

"Yeah... Sorry about that," I said sheepishy. "I like my music loud and hard! Anyways, lets hit the road" I said with my purple striped hair swinging back and forth.

Status
Not open for further replies.