A Medieval's Tale: Of Knights and Dragons

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!

senpai

aesthetic: napping
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
Posting Speed
  1. One post per day
  2. 1-3 posts per week
  3. Slow As Molasses
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Advanced
Genres
Scifi, Fan-based*, Modern, Fantasy (sometimes).
silver-divider.gif

T H E
K I N G D O M

O F

K A L I E LA H

medieval_view_by_Fel_X.jpg

A W A I T S
Y O U

silver-divider.gif

4580393303_pre.jpg

C H A P T E R 1

. . . . : How It All Began : . . . .

He draws his sword of metal
The sound does strike great fear
And not another sound alive
Could the Dragon hear

He charges twords the mighty beast
His mission glory be
He cares not what the consequence
But that he gets his fee

The Dragon stands in self-defense
His strength does muster all
But is too late for elder one
The mighty Dragon falls

The knight believes his battle won
The Dragon hath been slain
But knight will never know
The honor of the Dragon's pain

The death does bring the money in
His own coffier be filled
Now never shall his hunger strike
He'll never feel the chill

But when death commeth to the knight
Eternal torture waits
While dragon, up above does live
Inside of heaven's gates.
- The Slayer's Doom, Silverdusk D'argent

Eur1100Big.jpg

ART CREDIT GOES TO fel-x.deviantart.com
Pronunciation of The Kingdom's Name: Ka-lie-la
Senpai and Erranruin MxM PRP
ooc thread: LINK

Last edited:

tumblr_n4mc0nYOVL1tqwzjzo1_500.jpg

((OOC: Sorry for my shitty post oh god))

Seven hours. It has been seven hours since Princess Anabelle gone missing. Only the Gods above in heaven know what happened to royal majesty. Sir Edumund, a knight who served under the kingdom Kalielah, could only pray for her safety. And he was not ashamed to admit it to anyone. If anything happened to her, then not only would the kingdom be in depression; Edmund could never show his face to anyone again. It would be my fault, He grimly thought to himself.

He shook his head, letting out a deep breath. Sulking around like this would never take him anywhere. He must be positive.

"Anabelle!" The older knight boomed, his voice echoing throughout the dense forest, "Princess Anabelle!" His vocal chords was already strained, the man yelling for countless of hours. By now, he craved for water; but already he ran out. "Shit," He cursed under his breath, running his hair through his gloved fingers. Tugging the strapped rein that was attached to his horse's snout, Edmund continued to drag his sore feet, not sure where to go. It was already becoming dark, the sun setting down. If he looked closely, stars began to appear in the sky. He lifted his chin, staring at the vast opening. The knight remembered a legend from far back.

In the past lived only animals, or so it says; who can talk just like humans. They were in peace, the Gods giving them freedom and a good land with plenty of food like berries and such. But there was one condition: To never slay another animal for food. If so, there was a price to pay. But a foolish grizzly bear grew tired of eating plants, his desire for meat growing stronger each day. He wondered what they tasted like. And so, the animal performed on his action and snatched an innocent fish from the streaming rivers. And you know what was the higher up's reaction?

The Gods was pissed as hell.

They tore the animal's security, placing a blanket over the clear skies. There was never sunlight anymore and the flowers started to wither, but not to the animal's knowledge. They couldn't see anyone or anything. They were forced to live in darkness. But a little bird decided that he couldn't stand for this anymore and wanted to negotiate with the Gods.

So he began to fly up high in the sky, poking holes of what we called stars now, plucking them each and every single day--before finally, he made the biggest hole and entered heaven's sanctuary. Unfortunately, his efforts went down the drain, as he died when he finally arrived. The Gods pitied him, felt almost sorry actually. They then had a meeting. And here is what they said:

What the animals has done was unspeakable. We could never forgive them...but what the poor creature did was heroic. We shall reveal sunlight, then put the blanket back on again. Thus, the balance of nature has restored.

--

Just when Edmund was about to call for the princess again, something caught his eye's attention. It was very distanced, but it could easily be solved if Edmund comes closer. Smoke. His brows furrowed and slightly parted his lips. Maybe if he goes to the source of the smoke, then perhaps...?

I could find shelter. And the princess might be there.

Immediately, Edmund walked to the side of the broad animal and got on, "Get!" He slapped the horse's bottom, the creature trotting to the destination in a fast pace.​

Last edited:
tumblr_n6q69siEW71tqwzjzo1_1280.png

Damn women and damn his incessant need to help people in need. Why was a dragon burdened with such a chivalrous heart? Couldn't he just burn and hunt and pillage like normal dragons? Nope, he saw someone in need, he threw himself into the situation and rescued whomsoever he could. This time it was actually a Princess of the realm! Just great, just bloody peachy, that wasn't going to draw any unwanted attention! Nooo of course not. And the girl was so terrified and quivering and screamy that he'd had had to flee his own home just to keep a clear head. Truthfully speaking, he shouldn't have reacted so impulsively to the situation, he probably could have easily saved her in human form but... he'd seen an opportunity to be seen as something more than a monster and had taken it. Sigh. Well there goes that plan.

He didn't know what he'd expected from her, after centuries of always being classed the villain, why did he expect her to think differently? Because he saved her from the disgusting, wandering, unwanted hands of her weasel for a fiance? Because the man was little more than a burnt cinder by now? Perhaps the latter wasn't so conducive to gentle and friendly conversation. Urgh, humans were confusing. Still, he liked them, he liked everything about them, even their ugly dark sides. He threw another log on his little campfire and leaned back against his bedroll with a satisfied grunt. He'd let her calm down for now and then return in the morning to see how she fared. The problem was he couldn't just let her go since, foolishly, he'd gone and shown her his lair. He really didn't want to move again. He still hoped that in time she would come to trust him and so keep his secret but the longer he thought about it... the more he knew he would need a better plan than that.

In any case, it was nice to come into the valley sometimes, even if he was contained in this human form. Suddenly, as the light began to fade he heard the cracking of twigs and the wicker of a horse to the east. He reached gently over to his own sword, cautious of individuals riding around at such a late hour. Out of the brush appeared a Knight, fully armoured and armed on a tall and powerful-looking steed. He was rather astoundingly handsome this knight, Rickard thought he'd seen him briefly a few times at tournaments and the like, but right now his rugged face was creased with guilt and concern. Ahh, he must be with the princess. The Dragon was rather surprised at the stab of remorse he felt for causing the man such obvious distress.

"Ho there friend, you look positively panicked! What brings you to my campfire, if I may ask?" Rickard smiled, gently and politely, but his hand was still at the hilt of his sword and his body was tense.​

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: senpai

Arriving to where the source came from, he found himself at an occupied camp site. It was a small, maybe a little homey. The twigs cracked and sighed, the smoke dancing upon the scented burnt woods. The light showed the man's face who was sitting near it. They seemed to be the same age--but the man was probably older by a couple or few years. He noticed the stranger grabbing what he assumed to be his sword, studying him carefully to see if he's dangerous or not. From the looks of it, this man doesn't seem like he could hurt a fly! -- Though again, we shouldn't judge a book by its cover, can we? Edmund has many experiences, and he is not so easy to trick anymore. His youthful old-self would have let his guards down. His current-self hasn't.

The other man was first to break the silence, "Ho there friend, you look positively panicked! What brings you to my campfire, if I may ask?" He smiled gently. His charming grin was a little contradicting with his action, the guy was just as tense as Edmund.

Edmund stared at him for what seems to be hours, his eyes narrowed and cold until he brought his horse closer, "Have you seen a young woman pass by here? Fair skin? Golden hair?" Gripping on the reins, Edmund hardened his gaze, "I think you know who I'm talking about. Rumor spreads fast, even at a place like this. Roaches scatters anywhere." He paused for a moment. The stranger should know by now that he's a soldier from the kingdom Kalielah. It was obvious, with the armor and such.

He continued, "Princess Anabelle have gone missing and I believe she's somewhere here in these woods." His eyes roamed to the tent that wasn't too far away. His sixth sense kicked in, and he felt the need to check. But he shouldn't move too fast. Edmund has to first, hear the man's story.​

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Erranruin

After a rather long wait, the man finally spoke. He had a strong and kindly voice, pleasant to listen to. Rickard really hoped he didn't have to kill him, he was far too pretty for that. The Dragon could tell they were both on tender hooks, caution being the better part of valour in this particular case. But neither of them seemed eager to fight and so Rickard was the first to release he sword hilt and relax back. It was easy to tell this Knight wasn't going to harm him in the immediate future.

"Have you seen a young woman pass by here? Fair skin? Golden hair? I think you know who I'm talking about. Rumor spreads fast, even at a place like this. Roaches scatters anywhere." Rickard nodded silently, noting his forthrightness and appreciating it.

"Aye, I have heard about a Princess, that and more." Rickard couldn't help himself but grin and he pushed back a chuckle of amusement at the whole situation.

"Princess Anabelle have gone missing and I believe she's somewhere here in this woods." The Dragon nodded appreciatively, it was a close enough assumption as to her whereabouts. Hmm, this could be an opportunity... if Rickard lead this Knight back to his Lair, let him take the girl and perhaps threw in a fake battle and a fake death for good measure, no one was likely to come back looking for him and his troubles would be over. Yes... that was a doable idea and this Knight looked galant and heroic enough to be trusted with this dainty Princess of theirs. Yes, he'd made up his mind, this was a grand way of getting out of his predicament.

"Well now I heard the cries of a Lady while I was high up in the reaches over yonder." He gestured to the mountains rising over the skyline a few hours ride away. "I thought it was the wind at the time but now I think of it... You're princess wouldn't have been kidnapped by a Dragon would she? Only I've a suspicion one settles in a cave somewhere-abouts." He noted the direction this Knight's eyes were travelling, obviously the man had a quite good instinct for danger but luckily Rickard hadn't brought anything criminalising down from his mountain home. With a huff, he pulled himself to his feet and offered his hand to shake. "Pardon me, my name is Rickard Pendragon, Knight Errant without Lord. Apologies for my previous suspicion, you never know who could be riding around at night alone out here." Rickard's name was pretty well known throughout all the seven kingdoms and across the water. As a wandering knight who pledged himself to whatever worthy cause he could find, he had fought and distinguished himself in many wars and the Good and just Kings and Queens of the land knew him as a friend. Of course this name was only the one he had been using for the past twenty years, he'd had many more famous names before that, but Rickard was the first name they all had in common.

"If you like I can lead you to where I suspect the beast is hiding. A Princess in distress in a responsibility for all Knights afterall."

• Love

Ah. So the man did know the princess. Well, that was to be expected of course. Slowly, Edmund straighten his posture, holding his chin up high. It was the sign of confidence. The nameless stranger gestured at the mountain, "Well now I heard the cries of a Lady while I was high up in the reaches over yonder--" Edmund lifted a brow. He heard the cries of a Lady...but didn't do anything about it? "I thought it was the wind at the time but now I think of it..." The man continued on and on, Edmund listening very closely. When he mentioned 'kidnapped' and dragon, Edmund already heard enough.

"...Me, my name is Rickard Pendragon, Knight Errant without Lord. Apologies for my previous suspicion, you never know who could be riding around at night alone out here." His eyes grew wide in shock, but not wide enough to look like a fool. Rickard Pendragon. Who has not hear about the famous knight? His tales about his sagas spreaded throughout the seven kingdoms and the foreign seas--enough to consider him as a legend. Edmund who has never seen Pendragon's face now has, for he was standing before his very eyes. Edmund sensed another polite smile behind the man's lip. But on the other hand, he did the complete opposite. Though he didn't mean it, a scowl that seemed to be permanent was plastered on his face. Any normal person would have start to stutter like a frightened chick. Rickard here, is obviously not just any "person".

"If you like I can lead you to where I suspect the beast is hiding. A Princess in distress in a responsibility for all Knights afterall," He finished. It was Edmund's turn to speak.

"The name's Sir Edmund Orion. I'm one of the knights from Kalielah who serves under King Williams Ysoir." He trailed off, thinking for a moment.

"...A knight would never give second thoughts," Edmund started off, his voice low. He locked his eyes with Rickard's, "If you heard about the disappearance, how could you have not think earlier that the scream might have been the princess's?" He wrapped one of his palm around the hilt of his engraved sword, getting off from the horse. It wasn't easy at first, but it takes a lot practice to be able to get off this smooth. He walked over to Rickard cautiously. "Huh. You thought it was the wind." Edmund muttered, scoffing. His rough whisper came out more as a growl. Like a lion facing its foe.

The tension started to grow between both of the men. Edmund knows very well this was Pendragon, he shouldn't mess with him but yet--his anger took over his common sense. It wasn't very..."knightly" of him, but still. Old habits die hard.

"..Hmph," Edmund tore his gaze away and glanced at the far mountain, "Show me the way."

Last edited:
  • Love

It was nice to see that his name still held some weight with the Lad, though the wide-eyed hero-worship wore off very quickly and was replaced with a pronounced and cold scowl, which Rickard found oddly endearing for some reason. He was trying to intimidate the Dragon, which obviously usually worked for him, he was an intimidating person, but Rickard just wasn't one to be intimidated, that and the fact that he knew he was at least 200 times this Knight's size. Sir Edmund Orion was it? Yes he knew he'd seen him somewhere before. Edmund had a valourous and noble reputation along with a terrifyingly powerful swordarm. Rickard remembered watching him in various tournaments and being exceedingly impressed, always having wanted to properly congratulate him but never getting around to finding him.

King William was a generally fair and good King in Rickard's opinion and he trusted him well enough. He also loved his daughter. Another thing Rickard hadn't considered, William must be scared to death for his child, as a Father himself Ricakrd felt another pang of guilt. They needed to get her back soon. But Edmund seemed to have an issue with him! This was the first time anyone had critisised him in probably thirty years, it felt very fresh even though the whole situation was a lie.

"...A knight would never give second thoughts," The Lad was building up courage to be actually angry and Rickard watched with interest, "If you heard about the disappearance, how could you have not think earlier that the scream might have been the princess's?" Finally he actually dismounted and Rickard got to have a good look at him. Goodness, yes, a very handsome face indeed, even with that disapproving glare creasing his features. "Huh. You thought it was the wind." Rickard just stared at him in a half bemused, half lovestruck manner. What a snarky comment! Why weren't all Knights like this? Rickard could barely believe it and the surprise struck him momentarily dumb as the two men just looked at eachother in confusion.

Eventually the tension building became too much for the Knight and he broke eye contact, bringing Rickard out of his daze.

"..Hmph," Edmund's attention returned to the Mountain, "Show me the way."

Rickard had to clear his throat before he could answer, the whole situation amusing him and intriguing him greatly.

"You are right of course, I should have investigated but in my defense I had not heard of the Princess's kidnapping at that time. Still, I was at fault." He made another lie over the lie to explain somewhat his actions, but generally left it as his own lazy incompetance just purely because he wanted to see Edmund snark again. "In any case, I'll leave my tent and supplies here, I can always get more, but I don't have a horse of my own so if we are to make good time your steed with have to carry both of us."

• Love

Pendragon cleared his throat and Edmund could swear he heard him stifling a chuckle. This only made Edmund temper boil. His left eye twitched, the burning light from the small camp reflecting his eyes. Any man or woman could see he was on the edge to breaking someone's face. "You are right of course, I should have investigated but in my defense I had not heard of the Princess's kidnapping at that time. Still, I was at fault," He said as an excuse, a little too happy for Edmund's ears. No one has ever told him that Pendragon was a cheeky bastard.

"In any case, I'll leave my tent and supplies here, I can always get more--"

"Good," Edmund interrupted, cutting the soldier with a harsh tone. In a swift turn, he walked back to his horse and was just about ready to get on the saddle until Rickard thought the conversation hasn't died yet, "I don't have a horse of my own," One sentence nearly made the fearless soldier tripped. What in hell did this guy just said? "So if we are to make good time your steed with have to carry both of us."

It took a moment for Edmund to adjust what just happened.

"...You don't have a horse?" Is all what he could say. He faced the man again, obviously judging him so hard. "You're Pendragon. The, Pendragon. The man who sailed from seven kingdoms to the seven seas, slayed beasts to beasts; gained titles and reputations and honors and--" He rolled his eyes, frantically gesturing in an awkward manner, "Gold, for fuck's sake!" He then pointed an accusing finger at Rickard, "And you don't have a shitin' horse of your own? By God's what in hell have you been doing?"

Once his anger has been released, Edmund panted a little. He glowered at Rickard, having no more to say. Usually in these type of situation, Edmund would have made the man walk but now is dire. The princess needs to be saved, immediately. If her life ended because of his short-fused temper, then he would never forgive himself. "Get on," Edmund hissed. He snorted his nose audibly. Using the footing, Edmund loosened his tensed shoulders and got light on his feet, easily getting on the horse's back without trouble. "We don't have time to waste. One second gone and it'll already cause the princess's life."

Last edited:

The look on his face when he realised Rickard was serious about having no mount was.. priceless. He looked like he was going to burst and it was as though the mere thought of what Rickard had just said was incompatible with his outlook on life. Rickard just stood, trying desperately not to smile and watched as he dealt with whatever battle was occurring in that head of his.

"...You don't have a horse?" It sounded so defeated, so weak and so done with Rickard's ridiculous situation. But all of a sudden he gathered himself and spun to glare at Rickard, his whole body meaning business. "You're Pendragon. The, Pendragon." Rickard nodded blankly, yes that was he, his eyes managing to remain wide and innocent looking. "The man who sailed from seven kingdoms to the seven seas, slayed beasts to beasts; gained titles and reputations and honors and--" Rickard made a show of looking a little bashful about all his accomplishments being listed off like that but Edmund was clearly not interested. He flailed his arms frantically about to try and express just how stupid and ridiculous this situation was. "Gold, for fuck's sake!" Very abruptly Rickard was on the end of a dramatically pointed finger that nearly poked his eye out with the force of its production. "And you don't have a shitin' horse of your own? By God's what in hell have you been doing?" In that moment Rickard could think of a large number of excuses to give for not having a horse. One of the best being that horses didn't fair well in mountain ranges, but in the end he decided to just leave it alone, it was unnecessary for him to explain himself.

He waited a moment to let Edmund pant and seethe off his temper, standing calmly and awaiting a sign that it was safe to speak. A brief glare later, The knight seemed to have gotten control of himself. "Get on," it wasnt exactly a friendly sentence but it wasn't overtly violent either. Rickard cleared his throat again as Edmund swung up onto his charger and spoke again. "We don't have time to waste. One second gone and it'll already cause the princess's life." Rickard nodded pensively. "When we get to the Mountain slopes you'll have to leave your horse there, the paths are not fit for them." He left it at that as he grabbed the back of the saddle and easily pulled himself up behind Edmund. He had an itch to wrap his arms around the Lad's waist but thought better of it and instead held onto the edges of the saddle. Still, that did mean he got to touch his arse. "Its a relatively easy walk up through the pass, it shouldn't take us long. Do not fear over much Sir Edmund Orion, Dragons who steal young ladies generally dont want to eat them, at least not at that moment. We still have time."

• Love

Many people feared Edmund. Even the nobles themselves--anyone who pissed off Kalielah's proudest soldier would have hell to pay. But this guy showed no sign of terror. In fact, Pendragon looked to be almost amused at Edmund's fury. But, that is of course; a brave soldier for you. He must have faced worse and still look as peaceful as he is now. That pissed him off and if the princess's life wasn't at stake here, he would have already left. After the soldier's statement, Rickard gave a brief nod. "When we get to the Mountain slopes you'll have to leave your horse there," He explained, "The paths are not fit for them."

He sighed shortly, annoyed to hear about not bringing his horse. But Edmund is quite used to it, so this should be no problem. He steadied his horse, forcing it to stay in place. The creature was gifted by Williams and he claimed that it was the best horse in Kalielah's city but yet, this damn thing can't stand still! He tried many time to discipline it--with no physical violence involved, of course--but it has never learned its lesson. So he then gave up.

"It's a relatively easy walk up through the pass, it shouldn't take us long,"
For a man who never owned a horse, he skillfully got up on the saddle behind Edmund. His body turned rigid like a statue when the man's presence was too close for his liking's. He turned his neck to look at the older man, frowning. "Do not fear over much Sir Edmund Orion, Dragons who steal young ladies generally dont want to eat them, at least not at that moment. We still have time."

He doesn't break eye contact, even after when Pendragon finished his part. "..It might've not even be a bloody dragon," He grumbled as his response. He paid attention to the front once again. He tugged on the black reins, "Let's go!"

Surprised to hear the sudden command, the black horse whined but did what he said anyway and ran towards south, following its master's instructions.

--

It has been exactly twenty four minutes since they left the campsite. The two soldiers was finally at the mountain slope. Remembering what Pendragon said about the landscape, he loosened his grip on the leash and inhaled nature's sharp scent. "Is this the right one?" He asked, though it wasn't actually a question he was wondering about.

Last edited:

"..It might've not even be a bloody dragon,"
This really did make Rickard laugh. "I heard tell that some poor bastard got turned to a cinder in the process! Are you saying he just spontaneously combusted? I may not have a horse, Sir Edmund Orion of Kalielah, but trust I know a Dragon's doing when I hear of it. Not to assume anything, but I would suggest I've hunted more Dragons than you have!" This was surprisingly true. Rickard made it his business to hunt down any Dragon causing problems or being a bastard in the area. Often he even did it in Human form. So many of his Kin took their power and abused it horrendously and this personally offended him. Many of these Dragons were also old and cunning and devious, which meant it was probably all well and good that Rickard himself was much older and wiser than most and also held alot more battle experience to his name. There had been times in history when his nature had been discovered and accepted and he had in fact flown into battle with Humans at his side. He liked those times the best, but ever since the Christian push, Dragons were no longer just symbols of power but symbols of evil. It made Rickard's life that little bit harder.

After a very short ride on Edmund's impressive black charger, they came to the slopes of the mountain and looking up, Rickard could see their destination.

"Is this the right one?" Edmund sounded distracted but Rickard simply answered his question.

"Aye, its about a three hour trek on foot, you can just about see the entrance." He pointed to a dark patch in the misty peaks above them. "With any luck the Dragon will be away on some business of its own and we can simply grab the princess and leave. We are under-prepared for Dragon Slaying."

• Love

The older man barked a laugh, leaving Edmund confused. What was so funny? It could be true! It might be a group of bandits who kidnapped the princess, or she strayed away from the kingdom, then got lost. Has he gone mad? The knight thought, staring at the other guy with judgmental eyes. Rickard then collected himself, still wearing that stupid grin of his. "I heard tell that some poor bastard got turned to a cinder in the process! Are you saying he just spontaneously combusted?" This question made Edmund lift his brow. What does this gotta do with the princess? Pendragon went on, "I may not have a horse, Sir Edmund Orion of Kalielah, but trust I know a Dragon's doing when I hear of it. Not to assume anything, but I would suggest I've hunted more Dragons than you have!"

He rolled his eyes. Yes, yes; of course Pendragon has. That was what he was most famous for--gaining the nickname, Rickard The Dragon Slayer. Edmund has slayed the beasts here and there, but that was only very few. He didn't focus on hunting dragons, but rather doing other missions that the Queen assigned. Edmund never bothered to do anything else, otherwise. Unless he find the case very interesting.

His thoughts was snapped back to reality. "Aye, its about a three hour trek on foot, you can just about see the entrance," He pointed at what seems to be an endless abyss of darkness right above the misty peak. "With any luck the Dragon will be away on some business of its own and we can simply grab the princess and leave. We are under-prepared for Dragon Slaying."

He was right. Edmund didn't have anything but his sword, and it wasn't enough. He needed the proper armor--a shield...whatever was necessary. But what if the dragon was there? Exasperated, Edmund threw the reins from his hands and got off, not losing balance or his graceful movements. He could only pray that luck was on their side. "We'll need a torch," Edmund said. From the looks of it, it would be darker than closing your eyes. "Fats or oils..fire, stick--" He listed off. Edmund stretched his arms to his front, grunting briefly, "It's too dark in there. It'll be pointless if we get lost."

Last edited:
  • Love
"We'll need a torch," Edmund's words dragged Rickard out of his brief reverie as he looked up at the dark cave entrance that was his home. "Fats or oils..fire, stick-- It's too dark in there. It'll be pointless if we get lost." Rickard nodded in conformation but waved his hands dismissively. "I have never known a Dragon to leave its home in the dark. It may look blind black from the outside but trust me it should be blazing with light once you pass the threshold. And in any case we have no time to go hunting for animal fat and other torch necessities. As you said, the Princess is waiting, come!" He hitched his sword tighter against his waist and dismounted with similar ease and fluidity.

In truth if Edmund was under-prepared, Rickard was like a babe out of swaddling in comparison. Edmund was in good solid plate steel armour whereas Rickard himself wore some leather bound chainmail with steel gauntlets and greaves. None of those was likely to stop a dragon's fire. Still his maintained his air of relaxed purposeful movement as though the rescue of a princess from a Dragon was literally an everyday occurence. He actually started whistling as he checked the straps on his shoulder guards before finally turning to Edmund and gesturing him to follow.

"Lets get to it then!" He said it with the most trustworthy and endearing smile. He really was here to just do his duty and save the girl and help out a Knight in need. To be honest thats how he actually saw it, he had wanted to help the girl when he captured her and now he wanted to help the girl by letting her go.

• Love

"I have never known a Dragon to leave its home in the dark. It may look blind black from the outside but trust me it should be blazing with light once you pass the threshold." Edmund shrugged. Perhaps that's true. He doesn't know, it's been years since Edmund fought dragons; if he recalled, he was in his mid twenties. Everyone was raving about the soldier, women flocking at him and is willing to lose their virginity. Just because of some stupid dragon he defeated. It wasn't even that huge! It was just the size of the king's dining table. In other words, a mere lizard.

"And in any case we have no time to go hunting for animal fat and other torch necessities. As you said, the Princess is waiting, come!" Pendragon sounded awfully chirpy about slaying dragons without the appropriate armor. Edmund only stared in disbelief. The other knight noticed that, "Lets get to it then!"

His finger twitched. Yeah, that's it.

"You've slayed many dragons, yeah?" Edmund drew his sword, walking pass Pendragon. He then turned back to face the man, "Then you shouldn't be stupid enough to saunter in like some kind of helpless babe! You, out of all people, know better than that! Are you out of your mind?" He licked the bottom of his chapped lips, now questioning whether if this was The Pendragon. He expected the man to be more serious--to not be as ever carefree like a six year old child. "You wait here or leave, since your work here is done. I shall head on myself."

It was interesting watching Edmund's reaction to his innane optimism, Rickard was sure he saw the moment he snapped and it was a privalege to see.

"You've slayed many dragons, yeah?"

Rickard blinked at him and nodded with a shrug and a half-smile. "Quite a fair few I'd say..." His words were spoken as he watched the Knight draw his sword and stride past him, frustration and defeat written in his movements and pace. His eyes flashed as he spun back to look at Rickard in such a dramatic and commanding manner that it made Rickard's heart beat a little faster.

"Then you shouldn't be stupid enough to saunter in like some kind of helpless babe! You, out of all people, know better than that! Are you out of your mind?" Rickard had to contain a little 'Aww' at such a sign that Edmund cared so much for his wellbeing, instead focusing on the Lad's main point and critisism of attire and attitude. "You wait here or leave, since your work here is done. I shall head on myself."

Rickard sighed unhappily, his face descending rather eeriely suddenly from playful and lighthearted to a dark, dangerous and serious frown. The look of a man who had certainly killed a great many people in his time and was very acquainted with the way it felt to watch the light flash from a person's eyes. He could take critisism, but he didn't like being ordered about, it induced a dragonish instinct to break free from any bonds people tried to put on you. Placing his hand back onto his sword hilt, not in a aggressive manner, more as something to do with his hand while walking anywhere, Rickard cocked his eyebrow at Edmund in a slightly challenging manner.

"Now I'm afraid that wouldn't do, truth be told I have grown a little fond of you Sir Orion and I dont feel like letting you walk into a Dragon's Den without me to at least watch your back. So!"

Striding forward and matching Edmund's pace he determinedly began walking toward him.

"While I respect your opinion..."

He passed him with a half-cocked eyebrow and an air of righteous and deserved superiority.

"I would invite you to try and stop me!"

And with that he started up the mountain side without even turning to look back.​

• Love

Pendragon seemed to have a different plan in mind. "Now I'm afraid that wouldn't do, truth be told I have grown a little fond of you Sir Orion and I dont feel like letting you walk into a Dragon's Dean without me to at least watch your back. So!" He grimaced, looking as if an intruder stepped ont onto his territory. Pendragon matched his walking pace like Edmunds. "While I respect your opinion..." He cocked a brow. So he does have some fire in him. "I would invite you to try and stop me!"

Edmund admired Pendragon's courage and bravery. But no man alive should be this stupid enough to enter the dragon's lair--Pendragon may be the Dragon Slayer but looking like that is like as if you're asking to be killed. "Do you wish for an early death?" He spat, lingering at the spot he halted at until jogging forward to Pendragon, "Don't be stupid! Stay back with my horse, you don't have the proper armor!" Edmund grabbed Pendragon from the back of his collar in order for the man to stop walking, "Instead, go back to the kingdom and bring a fair amount of soldiers. I think the King would trust you. You do have proof that you're the Pendragon, right?

Rickard Pendragon didn't seem like the type to lie, but most people in this world aren't very geuinine people. They steal for glory, want attention and wealth and everything! How can Edmund trust someone so easily? The key is you don't. You could only trust anyone but yourself.​

Last edited:

"Do you wish for an early death?" Rickard had briefly paused for that. Early? In this human life he was seen as the wrong end of forty and in truth he was centuries and centuries old, no matter the viewpoint if he died right now most would consider that a plentiful lifespan. Again it was very sweet that this Knight seemed to care so much about his safety. Either that or he just couldn't stand him anymore, he'd go for the former possibility since it made him the happiest.

He heard Edmund start to try and catch up behind him. "Don't be stupid! Stay back with my horse, you don't have the proper armor!" Rickard went very very still as he felt Edmund's fist curl around his leather collar and he restrained a slight growl. There had been a period of his life as a young dragon where he had been collared and bound for years as some kind of pet. The feeling still rankled him to this day. "Instead, go back to the kingdom and bring a fair amount of soldiers. I think the King would trust you. You do have proof that you're the Pendragon, right?"

Quick as a viper's strike, Rickard spun around, grasping the wrist of the hand that held him in a viciously strong and vice-like grip, forcing the fingers to release and holding the offending hand away from him, glaring intensely into this Knight's eyes. He held the gaze silently, bringing all his intimidation and power to bare as the silence lengthened with palpable tension. Finally he broke it, his voice slicing through the quiet like the edge of a sword, force and command projecting through his words.

"And now who is being the fool? The Capital is near a three hour ride from here, welp, time is not on our side. Are you so eager to rid yourself of me that you would let your hot-headedness banish the one amongst us who knows what they are doing? Is this how you would serve your princess? In front of a grown Dragon, you will cook nicely in your 'Proper armour', this beast is wholly different to the rock lizards you have faced."

In truth Rickard was just shaken at being grabbed and was reacting with anger, but it was convincing nonetheless.

"As for proof, I suppose my Sword would do, I doubt many have a blade like this."

With his free hand he pulled the blade from its very unassuming leather sheathe and brought it up close to Edmund's features, the stunningly bright and unholy sharp blade glinting red in the sunlight, Rickard holding it in one hand with great ease. The famous Blade Morduur.​

• Love

What Edmund didn't expect from the man was to spun back and snatch his wrist away from the man's collar. An intense stare down then occurred between the two. Pendragon then sighed, "And now who is being the fool? The Capital is near a three hour ride from here, welp, time is not on our side. Are you so eager to rid yourself of me that you would let your hot-headedness banish the one amongst us who knows what they are doing? Is this how you would serve your princess? In front of a grown Dragon, you will cook nicely in your 'Proper armor', this beast is wholly different to the rock lizards you have faced."

Edmund didn't falter though he had to admit, the glare from the old soldier made him shiver for only a little bit. He gritted his teeth, "I rather save lives. I don't want you to risk the chance to die naked--" He came closer, their nose almost touching, "But if you're so eager, then fine. So be it." Edmund was about to walk away from the man until Pendragon answered his other question.

"As for proof, I suppose my Sword would do, I doubt many have a blade like this."

The blade hissed, slipping from its covers. Edmund only gave a mere glance, but then widened his eyes when the features glowed upon the sunlight's ray. It was red. The Blade Morduur.

"Well I be damned.." He murmured under his breath, quiet enough for Pendragon to not hear. Moments later, Edmund looked away, "..I apologize for my doubts about your identification.." He said. "..Sir Rickard." Before the other soldier could say anything, Edmund walked ahead, leaving him behind. "Make haste."

--

They were near the cave. Pendragon wasn't kidding about the slopes, it was a dangerous route. Thank the Gods Pendragon warned him about the horse, the creature would have been a nuisance. Carefully, he steadied his balance, glancing down at his steps to check, in order to not make the wrong move.

Last edited:
  • Love

"..I Apologize for my doubts about your identification...Sir Rickard."
Rickard had just simply nodded in acceptance and released the wrist he was still grasping, turning to watch the Knight pace away from him quickly. "Make haste." Well at least he seemed to have made a bit of an impression. He sheathed his sword again and followed after him with a secretive smile on his face.

--

Rickard made a decent actor, he really looked very alert and he took the sneaking aspect as seriously as anyone would. He practiced the techniques he used to approach other dragon lairs, watching the skies and peering at rock formations in the distance for any sign of movement. His prediction of how long it would take them to reach the lair proved correct as they appeared in what looked like a stone courtyard fashioned out of the mountain side itself. The entrance was huge and grand, already the size of a castle and yet the marks of chipped stone could be seen on the ceiling and the walls where Rickard's wing claws and back spines had clipped the stone because he was growing too large for the place. He really needed to widen the area but he was so rarely home nowadays.

He silently gestured for Edmund to follow him in, keeping to the smoothe walls and descending into the dark. Just as he'd said, due to clever light manipulation, giant braziers lit up the cavern they entered. Everything was deathly quiet except for a slight sobbing coming from some way into the Cavern. Rickard gently clasped Edmund's forearm and pointed to a shadow cast against a wall opposite then and far into the back of a woman's body bent in silent prayer.

"That must be our quarry. You be the galant hero and go get her, the Dragon is obviously elsewhere so I'll keep watch from outside."

Before Edmund could argue Rickard had already turned and left back the way they came.

• Love

Edmund followed Rickard's lead, nodding quietly at the small gesture. Well, there one thing Rickard was right on -- he was right on many things but whatever -- there was light in the cave the further they went. It was dimmed, but it was bright enough for Edmund and Rickard to see where they were going. He felt a gentle grip on his forearm and was about to cast an annoyed look at the knight until he was cut off before he heard a muffled, feminine cry. "That must be our quarry. You be the gallant hero and go get her, the Dragon is obviously elsewhere so I'll keep watch from outside." His eyes was staring else where so Edmund followed without his body moving. There appeared a grey shadow against the wall, the figure shaped like a woman. It has to be no other than Princess Anabelle.

"Well done. Now, let's hurry and take her before the dra--" He paused, remembering what Rickard said earlier. "Wait--" It was useless. The man already walked off, the distance becoming farther and farther by a second. He groaned, shaking his head. Whatever. He did need someone to look out in case if there was any dragon, after all.

Edmund followed the source of the sound, the sobbing getting louder and louder. He reached where it was coming from and found the princess in shreds. Not literally, thankfully. "W-who goes there?" She took her hands off from her soot-stained face. When she realized it was a knight she was familiar with, her eyes lit up in hope. And Edmund could swear that smile of hers could grow dozen of roses. "Sir Edmund!" She shot up from the ground. The royal princess was too overjoyed to see the knight again to care about her manners, giving him a quick peck on his cheek, "Oh the stars have been good to me--I missed you.."

His lips was tightened as a pursed frown at first, but Edmund couldn't help but grin, "I have missed you too. My Lady, where have you been? The whole kingdom has been looking all over you. You have made everyone worry sick--"

It looks as if she didn't want to answer to his question, "Don't mind me. I'll answer this when the time comes but for now, we need to get out of here before..." Anabelle hesitated. "..It comes. Come on!" She grabbed him by the hand, which was suppose to be the other way around, and led him. Edmund who wanted to protest, held his tongue. He should never question his majesty's action.

tumblr_lzri69jaGf1qf1jz2o1_250.jpg

Princess Anabelle Ysoria

Last edited: