A Medieval's Tale: Of Knights and Dragons

tumblr_n4mc0nYOVL1tqwzjzo1_500.jpg

Edmund focused closely on Rickard's movement. There was no exception to his tone of voice too. Why does he sound so...strange? Well, the man sounds strange all the time for Edmund's liking's but this doesn't seem like him. Is he tired? He cocked his head slightly to the left, eyes watching the other knight. He did fought against the Dragon from the Cave. And Edmund barely won. Just how strong can this creature be? A voice interrupted his train of thoughts. Edmund met eyes with Rickard again who was about to retreat from the steamy bath. "I um..." He forced a strained smile. It kind of weirded Edmund out.

Why is he looking like that? Did he say something strange? Me? Say anything strange? Of course not. Edmund always know what he's saying and doing. He's not ignorant or anything. When Rickard stepped out, it made everything clear. Oh.

"Goodnight then Sir Edmund Orion." Before Edmund could say anything else, Rickard was quick on his feet and left to the next room. He didn't even bother to cover himself with a towel. They're both men, sure. But...this was a different story. His jaw tightened and his chest was flared with irritation. You can't just leave me here and expect nothing else! Edmund followed behind and was already facing the door. Latching the knob, the entrance flew open and Edmund stormed inside. "What the fuck--" Edmund yanked Rickard backwards, not caring if he was too violent, "Was that?" His voice dropped to a low growl. His temper made it too obvious that he was pissed, "Explain."

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Erranruin
tumblr_n6q69siEW71tqwzjzo1_1280.png

Rickard had made it to his room before Edmund had caught up. It was a well furnished and comfortable looking place if a little small, but Rickard preferred small rooms so this was no problem to him. His armour and weaponry had already been taken there before had and he had everything he could possibly need around him. It was a very comfortable looking place and he stretched with a releasing sigh before hearing the thunderous steps of someone pounding down the corridor towards him. He didnt have time to even turn around before his door burst open. "What the fuck--" He was yanked into a very angry and more importantly very naked Edmund, huffing and puffing indignantly.

"Was that?" His voice was a very gravelly low growl which undoubtedly was supposed to be an indication of anger and make Rickard frightened but it only served to aggravate the problem and Rickard had to breath deeply, his manner showing no fear and a simple calm and lazy smile appearing on his face.

"Explain."

Rickard blinked once and cocked his eyebrow at Edmund's still furious counternance. He opened his mouth to speak but stood like that for a second trying to contemplate the glory that was this moment.

"Are you.. asking for an anatomical description?" He looked Edmund up and down very slowly and very languidly, making sure to focus on his very cloth-less state. "Or a demonstration?... As a forty something man I would be surprised if you needed either one!" He actually couldn't help chuckling slightly at the situation. A nearly naked man storming into his bedroom unannounced and asking Rickard to explain himself. It didnt get more priceless than this.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: senpai

It was silent, the fireplace cackling as the woods popped at each minute passing by. Edmund swore that Rickard was holding his smile, obviously judging the knight's action. "Are you.. asking for an anatomical description?" Rickard slowly asked, checking Edmund's broad figure from head to toe. Suddenly, Edmund felt very embarrassed but still stayed angry. "Or a demonstration?... As a forty something man I would be surprised if you needed either one--" He stifled a nervous chuckle. But as flustered as Rickard is probably feeling, Edmund could still sense a hint of mockery. It did not help his anger at all. Loss for words, Edmund gritted his teeth and could only muster a heavy glare, hoping that it would make Rickard feel small. Of course, it was most likely impossible. Rickard was no ordinary knight. He isn't like the other men here around in this kingdom, he was no coward. Rickard was....brave. A twinge of annoyance pinched in his chest.

Not able to tolerate this kind of madness anymore, Edmund stomped towards the Dragon Slayer and without hesitation, he grabbed the other knight's lowerhalf and squeezed it. "Don't ever," He hissed, "Pull that kind of stunt with me--" The grip on Rickard's cock grew tighter. Edmund wouldn't be surprise if it was suffocating the man almost, "I am warning you."

With that said, Edmund barely dropped his fiery gaze between Rickard before storming away, heading for the exit. The next morning will be very awkward.​

Rickard held Edmund's glare with a carefree and relaxed expression. The expression of a man who feels he has won. He could watch as Edmund's temperature rose, watched him struggle with both feeling suddenly awkward and yet even more angry than before. He saw the way his masculinity writhed with fury at the affront. It was the most enjoyable show to witness, better than any arena match. Rickard also saw the moment when he snapped, just before he FELT it.

With a strangled gasp of pain and shock, his hips jerking away instinctively which turned his nether regions into a tug of war which made him give a strangled yelp. He spasmodically grasped at Edmunds shoulders, his teeth gritted and his eyes wide with quite genuine shock. At the squeeze he gave another gutteral growl of pain before flinching back from Edmund's angry and hissing features.

"Don't ever, Pull that kind of stunt with me--" At the nest tightening of the hand, Rickard's own hand came down to try and prize the fingers from around his precious cargo. "Edmund for christ's sa-!"

"I am warning you."

Finally, he let go, Rickard lurching back against the bed and spasmodically cradling his abused member. He breathed out a sigh of relief, one hand holding onto the bedpost as he blushed slightly trying to understand the magnitude of what just happened. Soon though, a chuckle burst from his chest. Was that a threat? What was he even threatening? Never get an erection ever again? Or did he mean dont think him available? 'if you ever try it with me I'll rip your dick off' was that it? Oh god what was he going to say tomorrow? The more he thought about it, the less he could keep back his booming laughter. Honestly after all this, he was never going to get off tonight. What did it say about him though, that now Edmund was even MORE attractive to him? Nothing good he imagined. The images swirling in his mind were definately not Edmund-approved.

But wow, he couldn't wait for the morning.

• Love

Exiting the bedroom, he turned and walked ahead to the hallway to find his room. It wasn't too long before he heard a roar of laughter, suspiciously coming from where Rickard was residing at currently. It took many restraints to hold him back, Edmund forcing his legs to keep walking straight. Just why the hell Rickard think this is funny? None of this was funny. Rickard may be well known as the Dragon Slayer but he is only a foolish clown who jests when he gets the chance. "What a stupid man.." Edmund muttered under his breath, not too far from running into Princess Anabelle. She let out a shocked gasp when he almost ran over her. He furrowed his brow, now paying attention to the front when he realized that he was now in the younger woman's presence. "Oh--"

The blonde took a step back, holding her hands near her chest to calm her pounding heart. "S-Sir Edmund," Anabelle folded loose hair strands behind her ear, managing a smile that looks forced. She was obviously surprised just as Edmund, because at this time of hour, she would be asleep in her room, or...

"My Lady," Edmund gave a brief bow, holding his breath. He studied the royal woman closely, now confused why she looked....oh. He glanced down at his wrapped towel, hugging his waist in the right position. "I.." His cheeks began to heat up, Edmund looking absolutely horrified. "Princess, I--"

"I-It's fine," She tore her gaze away, oddly looking interested in the vase near them. "You have gotten out of bath I assume along with Sir Rickard--" The atmosphere suddenly grew cold, "--Ah, he's in his room?" Silently, Edmund gave a curt nod. She swept her bangs away, "Well, if it's all right, may I ask you a favor to deliver a message. It's from the Queen--my mother."

"Anything to keep My Lady satisfied," Edmund assured, trying to hide his dislike about Rickard.

She smiled. "..It's about the tournament my Kingdom is holding," Anabelle began, now turning to walk from the direction she came from. She signaled Edmund to follow, which Edmund got immediately. "A Knight Tournament. My father has been planning for this special event for awhile now, and he's delighted to hear about Sir Rickard's arrival. Which is...the perfect timing," Anabelle stopped in front of a door. Edmund realized they're already in front of his bedroom door. "Will you inform Sir Rickard about this?" She finished. Anabelle gave him a hopeful look. Edmund couldn't say no, and even if he did...

"..Of course," Edmund said. She grinned.

"Then I bid you Good Night," Anabelle gave him a peck on his cheek. Most knights would be taken back, blushing like a young maiden but Edmund reacted nothing.

Tomorrow was going to be a long day.

Last edited:
The Next Morning....

tumblr_m4ft94jL1T1rs6uq8o1_500.gif

Rickard had slept very well that night. Although to be honest he rarely slept badly and only in special situations like intense stress or concern. In any case he was very eager to awaken that morning and after stretching languidly in the incredibly soft beds and dragging himself up to open the curtains to the early morning sun, he quickly got dressed in light leathers, lashed his sword to his belt and meandered down to the dining hall. He already knew his way around the castle very well, having been a Captain of the Kingsguard for one of the previous kings a few centuries back. Some things had obviously changed but the actual groundwork and stone masonry was all the same and the Dragon easily found the breakfast table. Surprisingly he was the first one down, so eager was he to continue the discussion with Edmund of the night before.

He disturbed a few of the servants still laying out the table and only just managed to insist they ignore him and continue what they were doing, he wasnt going to be getting anyone in trouble just because of his own amusement. Still eventually the servants were done and Rickard was left to stand and wait for their royal highnesses to get a bloody move on. He was hungry. He hadnt hunted in a few days and this meager meal wasnt even going to start on his dragonny ravenous hunger. He was going to have to sneak out at some point.

Still he was very eager to see a certain someone, finding it very difficult to keep his infectious grin under control.

• Love

It was god-awful morning Edmund had to get through with again. He barely had a wink of sleep last night because of the incident during bathing time and the Knight Tournament. Edmund has always been avid about the competition, but now that the Dragon Slayer himself is participating, he couldn't help but feel a little anxious. He haven't seen Rickard fight in a battle and lost the chance to observe when he was up against the winged beast but judging from his reputation, he was great. More than great. Language cannot describe how he does with his sword. Like as if he was seventeen again, Edmund was sulking on his bed, covered in cushy pillows and tossed and turn, rolling up on his blanket like a bundle. He did not want to see Rickard. He was planning to avoid him all together. But fate said otherwise.

He heard a knock on the door, a rather loud one which upset Edmund. He groaned. "Who is it?" Edmund demanded, sounding intimidating due to the growl that came along with his slurred saying.

"One of Princess Anabelle's Maid--" The voice outside from his chamber squeaked, "She requested your presence at the Dining Table." Edmund could groan for fifty years. Does he have to go? But since it was from the Princess herself, he couldn't just deny it and say no. That would be rude. And her father might have his head. He was a hot tempered old man, you see.

"..Right. I'll be there," Edmund grumbled. He rubbed his eyes and let out an audible yawn. Like a lion waking up from its nap. Hopefully Rickard wouldn't piss him off. Like he always do. "Stupid man and his guts," Edmund rolled his eyes, rising. Today was going to be a new day for Edmund. A day where he prays to not be shitty for once.

The servants was quick on their feet as usual, prepping the table with lascivious meals and mouth-watering deserts. But Edmund wasn't having any of it. His heart sank when he found Rickard already sitting at the table, waiting for the King to arrive. And already, Rickard was looking like a dumb clown. What's up with that goofy grin? Edmund just wants to wipe it off clean. With his sword. Ignoring the older man, Edmund took the farthest seat from Rickard and tried his best to not make eye contact, giving grunts to servants who greeted him.

Last edited:

And here he was the man of the hour. Rickard gave Edmund a little nod and a wide beaming smile as the man slouched towards the table and completely ignored him. It was such a petulant thing to do and it had Rickard staring pleadingly at the ceiling trying to will himself not to laugh. Instead he gathered his control and wrestled his smile away to a blank and genial expression, noble and with an air of command that one would expect from the great Rickard PenDragon. He returned to eating for a moment before casually trying to initiate conversation with his breakfast companion.

"May I ask how you slept, Sir Orion?" Rickard was eagerly awaiting a biting remark but at that moment the royal family descended the stairs and Rickard was forced to rise and bow low until they themselves sat down and allowed the two knights to return to their seats.

(Imma let u control the royal family? You have ideas about their charas and sturf)

• Love

Unfortunately Edmund has failed his attempt to avoid encountering the other knight. "May I ask how you slept, Sir Orion?" Rickard asked with a teasing smile, his shit-eating grin pissing Edmund off. It's too early for this. Edmund took the fork from the clothed napkins, playing with the dull ends. The grumpy knight knew very well what Rickard thought, and Rickard doesn't give one shit about how he slept. Does he think this is a game? Dragon Slayer or not, Edmund would rip him in part if he pulls this kind of foolish way of jest again. Edmund glanced at him, giving him a blank but icy stare. Now, Edmund doesn't exactly know why he's so angry. Why was he? He knows the reason but not exactly. All he knows is that Rickard's buddy decided to pop up and say hello and...

"The King has Arrived."

Without a second thought, Edmund rose from his seat and darted his eyes to the royal family, giving his head a low bow. No matter how ticked he feels, Edmund mustn't reveal his feeling during Breakfast. That would be a disgrace. You're the Knight of Kalielah. Edmund and the other man was excused to sit. Do your part and not show disgrace.

"Good Morning." He sounded tired. Perhaps paperwork had been keeping him up last night. Unlike the other two knight, who was cautious about their behavior, King George, the name his birth mother gave to him, didn't seem to care at all about what he looked. He didn't display an erratic scene. Instead, King George was too exhausted to even care about how he is like. The Queen was by his side, giving Rickard a warm smile while on the other hand, her Daughter Anabelle did the same but with both. Her eyes was mostly glued to Edmund, not much from his awareness. "Sir Rickard," King George said, his eyes falling to the dishes in front of him. He only drank wine, his servants pouring the rich liquid for him. "We meet again." King George took a small sip, his eyes fluttering closed before he opened them again, placing the goblet aside. "I've been curious about your whereabouts.." His voice was old, the mighty low pitch from his throat showing. "But I haven't heard any news about you. I thought you were dead." He shrugged. "Or you disappeared to Heavens know where."

Last edited:

Ooo that glare, it went straight to Rickard's heart and elsewhere and stirred him up considerably. He was very disappointed when the King chose that moment to arrive, breaking Edmund's concentration on Rickard and turning him into the calm and collected Knight that Rickard was coming to hate now. Still Rickard smiled and bowed to the entering royalty, he himself remembering his pride as a Knight errant. He murmured a good morning to the king and re-seated himself once they themselves had all sat down. He knew the old king would have some questions, it had been a while since he had last been in the country.​

"Sir Rickard, We meet again." Rickard gave a gracious nod to the king, taking a sip of wine himself. "I've been curious about your whereabouts.." Rickard chuckled under his breath, it was always the same wherever he went. 'so where have you been' he would bet his tail the King was about to say he thought he was dead. The arrogance of kings, 'you havent been around me a while so you must be dead' honestly. Still, he remained polite. "But I haven't heard any news about you. I thought you were dead." There it was! "Or you disappeared to Heavens know where." Actually that was across the sea, a desert country he had connections with, he had made the trip to visit one of his elder children who had set themselves up there with a good territory and some lovely views and a relationship with the human kingdom that was much more amiable than here.

"Indeed your Majesty, I was travelling, sailed for three months to Trespa. A friend of mine wished for me to help him settle a border dispute, it was decided in a fast battle, bloody but quick. However the travelling and tactical planning took many more weeks, in the end I was gone for two years." This was all true, his son was not as good as him at tactical diplomacy and he had asked for his father's help since he did not like to see the humans fight when he had so many friends of their race on both sides of the border. It had gone well and still his renown grew. "How has the country faired? I remember leaving Kalielah at peace and prosperous."

• Love

One thing Edmund know about King George is that he wasn't quite modest. The King thought he was dead, yes--everyone did. But the noble didn't actually have to say that, right? Well, that is what most people would say. Edmund would've asked the same. Because really, where have Rickard been in all of these years? Living up to his reputation and slay dragons? No, Edmund and the others would've heard. Then what? Fucking around with women? Heh. Rickard wouldn't be surprised. He held back a smirk, a sneer coming out instead. As the King finished, Rickard responded back in a light tone, the usual playful tone in his voice gone. But not the kindness. A sense of maturity and sophistication vibrated around his aura. "Indeed your Majesty, I was travelling, sailed for three months to Trespa. A friend of mine wished for me to help him settle a border dispute, it was decided in a fast battle, bloody but quick." Now, that's a better explanation than Edmund had in mind. "However the travelling and tactical planning took many more weeks, in the end I was gone for two years."

Trespa...ah. That pesky Kingdom. The last time Edmund visited the Kingdom, maidens was all over him, the young ones (No older than seventeens) gushing on how dashing he was. A typical teenage girl. It annoyed him. Edmund helped himself with fruits, munching on the small grapes as he watched the two talk back and forth. This time it was King George's turn to answer back.

"Oh? Trespa, you say..." His lips smacked, the dim glow in his brow eyes lifted, "I haven't seen King Fredrick in awhile. Heard he gone fat." He straightened his posture, but he immediately went back to slumping. "And what do you think?" He glanced out from the window, showing a vague but grand outlook of the town, "My people is doing fine and so is the economy. My men are in good shape. That makes me happy." King George finished, waving his fork, his eyes not following the utensil. It stayed on the view.

• Love
Reactions: Erranruin

Rickard gave a throaty chuckle. In actual fact King Frederick was in fine health and had sparred with Rickard not a day before he left for Kalielah, but he wasn't going to tell the King that. Still he was glad the country had seemed to keep itself together in his absence. More often than not he would leave a place to solve a problem somewhere else, only to find that everything had gone to pot while he was away. It was certainly frustrating. But not so this time it seemed, which gave him pleasure. Perhaps he could have a peaceful few weeks! Perhaps he could spend some time playing with this new intriguing acquaintance of his. Miracles happened after all.

"Well I'm very glad. To return to peace from war is a very satisfying thing! But I have heard a few brief mentions of a tournament from the servants. Is there such a thing occurring?"

• Love

"Well I'm very glad. To return to peace from war is a very satisfying thing! But I have heard a few brief mentions of a tournament from the servants. Is there such a thing occurring?" The King froze when Rickard mentioned about the tournament. Edmund paused from what he was doing, lifting a questioning brow as the others only watched. It wasn't suppose to be tense or anything because it was only a simple question but the King was oddly quiet. Edmund shrugged, lifting one of his shoulders briefly as he continued stuffing the scrambled egg into his mouth. The old man was probably being dramatic again, like he always is.

"..Yes," King George slowly answered, his tongue lingering on the last word. His eyes roamed to find Rickard. "If you heard about the rumors, then you must have also know about my invitation--" He placed the fork down onto the silver plate and pointed an accusing-like finger at the knight. To Edmund's perspective, it wasn't exactly polite but it was still "kingly" in a way, if you think about it. Treat others with disrespect and not be questioned about it, it shows how much power you hold. "I want you to participate. You haven't been in one for awhile, hm?" A this point, Edmund already finished his meal. He reached for a jug of milk and poured himself a glass, still listening closely to the conversation.

What if Rickard doesn't want to join? He doesn't seem like the type of fellow who would enjoy a crowd anyway just for the fame. But hell, Edmund is still with the King in this one. As much as he despises Rickard currently, he is still the Dragon Slayer. Edmund wants to see him in action. To see what the hype is all about. It's a bonus if he's fighting against a dragon but he already lost that chance for helping the bloody princess. No offense. He still respects her but damn did he missed that opportunity. Edmund has to admit though, if he didn't know anything about Rickard's reputation, he would imagine the knight twirling in total elegance as he trips over a banana peel during a fight. Yeah, that's how he pretty much saw him. A clumsy klutz.

Last edited:
Queen Elizabeth Ana Ysmoir
rs_634x1024-131105105832-634.jennifer-aniston-haircuts-13.mh.110513.jpg

King George Ysmoir
4e9860869bc677fe34b6f2c0ab8d3d5d.jpg

Rickard raised his eyebrows at the demanding and commanding tone the King took, interested in why the old man was so insistent at his participating. But really he didn't care all that much about that. What he did care about was how closely Edmund was obviously following the conversation. Normally Rickard would politely decline tournaments. They were useful for raising your standing at court but it also meant that your enemies might get a handle on your fighting style. It was very easy to get to know someone when you fought them, and Rickard did not want to be known.

But somehow, this time, Rickard really wanted to show Edmund what he was made of. He wanted to give as good a show as he could. He wasn't a modest person. He knew very well his competance in battle outshone basically any knight at court and probably most throughout the land. Thats what happens when you live as long as he has, he supposed. So suddenly, his mind was made up. One tournament couldn't do any harm.

"Indeed I knew nothing of an invitation! But now that I do... hmm... I think I will accept. I don't usually go in for tourneys but... it has been a long time, I will enjoy testing my skills against the new Knights in the Garrison." His eyes travelled over to Edmund and he gave him a small languid smile, but quickly looked away before anyone else could notice. He finished his plate at that point and smiled at the King demurely, having built a careful manner around kings to make them feel soothed and to stroke their usually enormous ego. "Will Sir Edmund be joining me in the Arena?" He asked, his voice sounding light and careless, even when he was very interested in the answer.

• Love

"Indeed I knew nothing of an invitation!" Silence. Rickard said nothing for a moment, looking very thoughtful until he spoke again, "But now that I do... hmm... I think I will accept. I don't usually go in for tourneys, but.." King George stared at the legendary knight with intense eyes, nearly sitting on the edge of his seat while Edmund stared at the two with bored eyes. His nose twitched and Edmund decided he was done with breakfast. "It has been a long time," Rickard added, "I will enjoy testing my skills against the new Knights in the Garrison--" Rickard threw a knowing glance at the tired knight, hinting a coy grin. Immediately, chills went through his spine. Just now what is this man planning?"

His narrowed eyes roamed back to the King, who was totally unaware of the quiet situation. "Will Sir Edmund be joining me in the Arena?" Rickard asked in a light tone, sounding all-too-innocent. Oh.

"What a foolish question," A brow rose up, "Of course he will. It's required anyway for the best knight to represent the Kingdom of Kalielah, so he can't back down anyway. Right, Sir Edmund?" Edmund was now put in the hot spot.

"Um." He avoided all possible eye-contact. Damn you Rickard! "..Yes. Of course, your Majesty." Edmund nearly cringed on how he sounded like a feeble rat. "May I...?" Edmund was ready to jump on his feet and leave the room. Rickard is definitely planning something and Edmund doesn't like the sound of that. And the tension in the room is unbearable!

"You may be excused," King George nodded. It was as if the ruler red his mind.

Muttering a thank you, Edmund snatched a clean napkin and exited out of the room, escaping to the armory. There was some polishing to do. And training. And of course, a new hiding spot from Rickard. His footsteps clicked against the marble floor and God forgive him, was the man loud. It sounded like a storm was passing by, each movement booming around the vast hallway. His gloomy appearance was out of place with the vibrant passage, the sun pouring down against the tinted window. It was beautiful, Edmund will give that for credit, but right now he wasn't in a very good mood to dilly dally and gawk about at rooms he passed by everyday. I'm not six anymore. Every servants he passed by made way, muttering an apology when they meet his fearful glares. What is wrong with me? Edmund thought with scorn. Why should some idiotic whelp ruin my day? He is no one but--

Without noticing, he accidentally bumped against a maid holding a large vase with cold shoulders. Of course, Edmund wasn't aware of that, despite of the woman gasping in surprise, until he heard the porcelain vessel shattering. On the ground. With pieces everywhere.

What...

"Goodness!" She covered her mouth with her flimsy hands, the color on her face drained. Suddenly, Edmund felt like a villain.

Shit.

Last edited:

"What a foolish question," Foolish? Rickard hadn't thought it so, knights often refused tourneys for many reasons. Rarely were they commanded to. "Of course he will. It's required anyway for the best knight to represent the Kingdom of Kalielah, so he can't back down anyway. Right, Sir Edmund?" I'm sorry, was that the BEST knight of Kalielah? Oh ho ho, this was news to Rickard, very good news. Now he was really excited. As soon as the King finished, Rickard's eyes had spun quickly to find Edmund's face, his whole expression bright and excited and delighted with this piece of information. Edmund had certainly kept this quiet, so blustery and proud at first and yet not mention his status? He really was such an interesting person, so amusing, so intriguing. Rickard didn't even notice himself slipping.

"Um." Hmm, this however was not the reaction he had wanted to extract. Edmud looked uncomfortable, avoiding peoples eyes and looking off balance. "..Yes. Of course, your Majesty." Damn now Rickard felt bad. He hadn't meant to cause the young man distress, so much that he would want to leave. "May I...?"

"You may be excused," Rickard frowned after him as Edmund veritably leaped from his seat and pelted down the corridor like some hurricane. No, this wouldn't do he really felt incredibly guilty. He needed to do something to rectify this. It had been fun holding all the cards for a while but now he disliked the awkwardness between them. Really he just wanted to talk to the man. Honestly, more than three thousand years old and still bullying people he liked. Some things never change he supposed. In any case, he nodded to the King and requested the same privilege and was granted permission to leave, letting him rise up gracefully from his seat and jog after Edmund as soon as he exited the dining hall. It was easy to follow him, the sound of his footsteps loud and angry to anyone. And then there was the smash. Rickard blinked in surprise, the sound very unexpected, and he picked up his pace to round a corner of the glittering hallway and be met with a rather remarkable sight.

Two people occupied Rickard's vision. One his left was a maid, a young looking woman, probably early in her time at the palace. She was holding her mouth with a very shocked expression on her face as her eyes flickered between the broken vase on the floor and... the form of Edmund on Rickard's right. Edmund looked completely mortified, utterly distraught and guilt-ridden for what he had caused. By the look of the shattered pieces on the floor, the vase had been very expensive and probably very old. Well... this was definately Rickard's fault. Any shred of joy he could take from teasing Edmund any more than this was dashed completely and he immediately rushed to rescue the situation.

First of all he attended immediately to the young lady, his face morphing into the most gentle, charming and dazzling picture of manliness. The morph was rather astounding actually, almost like he had shed his skin. In any case he rushed up to the young lady before she could properly lean down to pick up the pieces of china and scooped them up into his overtunic with masterful grace. He stood up quickly and handed her the small package. "Deepest apologies My Lady, this was all my fault. Please, continue with your work and inform anyone who questions you that I take full responsibility." The young woman was quite exceedingly dazzled by Rickard's display, but also much calmed and soothed. She couldn't quite get words out but she smiled at them both and curtsied daintily before hurrying away with a light and happy step.

Rickard held his white knight demeanor until she had vanished before slumping back into his much gentler and more comfortable posture, turning to grin guiltily at Edmund. But god did the man look disarmingly cute. He was so excitable, angry and passionate with so many emotions right there on the surface. In a word? He was adorable. Rickard was shocked by how much warmth he already felt for the man when they had only met a week ago. He scratched the back of his head in an almost self conscious manner and sighed heavily. "I should apologise to you Sir, I did not mean to put you in an uncomfortable position. My taunting went overboard and I caused you distress. Truly, I have no ulterior motive and it was purely in interest and curiousity that I asked after your attendance at the Tourney. Please accept my apology."

• Love

It was as if Fate itself pulled the strings together, because Rickard flew in the scene like a goddamn spring breeze. Edmund felt his cheeks glowing red, knowing that he wasn't in his best state currently. He was about to bend on his knees and offer the maid help when she shook her head almost violently, insisting that she should take responsibility. "But--" Edmund was about to protest, obviously irritated by the way how the servant reacted; instead, he was interrupted by the dashing knight. He resisted from rolling his eyes, sucking his cheeks in frustration. Rickard obviously came for the young woman's aid, scooping the fine china shattered pieces into his oversized tunic. She blinked in surprise and had no time to decline his help.

"Deepest apologies My Lady, this was all my fault. Please, continue with your work and inform anyone who questions you that I take full responsibility." He finally said, his relaxing tone easing the maid. The tension was almost gone, and would've been completely if it wasn't for Edmund's sharp glare. The broody knight didn't even mean to look sour. He just naturally look like an arse.

"I--" She stopped herself, not wanting to make herself sound like a fool. The maid only smiled, beaming at Rickard--even Edmund--and went on her merry way in a dashed pace.

Now it was just the two of them.

Edmund avoided eye contact, not wanting to say anything. What is there to say anyway? For one, Edmund wasn't going to apologize for squeezing his--well--sensitive spot. Because...--because, because. Because I can.

"I should apologise to you Sir, I did not mean to put you in an uncomfortable position." Edmund was shocked to hear the formal response. Rickard went on, "My taunting went overboard and I caused you distress. Truly, I have no ulterior motive and it was purely in interest and curiousity that I asked after your attendance at the Tourney. Please accept my apology."

Edmund stared at the older knight, puzzled. He lifted a questioning brow and opened his mouth to say something, but words wouldn't come out. What felt like years was only a minute passing by, as Edmund finally replied. "..You're a strange man." He mumbled. Edmund covered his eyes momentarily, then rubbed his face with his coarse palms. "You can go from acting like a clown to...--" Edmund trailed off, realizing he's only speaking his mind. It was not relevant to any of this situation. He cleared his throat. "Well. Anyway. I can't exactly forget what happened...but I will accept your apology--" He gestured a finger, whipping the index part for Rickard to see in open air, "For now. Only because we'll probably have to cooperate with each other for the Tournament."

Edmund held back a sigh, but he was relieved that this charade was over. However, he still didn't trust the sly man--the knight probably has more cunning tricks up in his sleeves.

"Yeah?" Edmund crossed his arms, tapping his foot impatiently. He gazed into Ricakrd's whiskey orbs, urging for him to say something. Or it'd be awkward than already is.

Last edited: