A King's Wife, A Noble's Mistress

Atropa pulled back softly, smiling at him.
"We'll go on a picnic tomorrow, you and I. I'll send for you."
She turned to go, looking back at him one last time.
"Goodnight."

"Of course, my queen!" Jethil said, smiling sweetly. He soon retreated to his mansion. Though the meeting was brief, it was all Jethil ever could have asked for. His heart leaped through his chest. What could be any better than this. He soon found himself in his chambers, trying hard to fall asleep so the next day could arrive.

Atropa fell asleep easily in her husbands arms, and woke early the next morning.
She sent a small note to Jethil, tied with a silk string, smelling of roses.
It simply read:

You're invited to a picnic with the queen in the East Garden and one'o'clock.

And that was it.

Atropa got dressed in a simple, light, Summer dress.
It was made of gray silk, but it was tight and clung to her body, not heavy and hot like the other dresses she wore.
Today, she had her black hair up in an elaborate hair do, and a small bit of Rose perfume on.
She smiled as she made her way to the garden, with a small basket of some food her cooks had made.
She spread a blanket down and sat, waiting for Jethil.

Jethil appeared soon wearing an outfit which showed off his body, perhaps he was trying too hard? "My queen, how nice it is to see you." Jethil sat himself on the blanket. "The king? He does not know of this?" As much as he hated the man, Jethil was still fearful of his power. Mardin could have him beheaded very quickly. "What do you have planned for us on this fine day, I can smell the food. It smells...divine." It was of Jethil's nature to elude to more sensual words, perhaps that word was not directed at the food.

Atropa shook her head slightly.
"No, he does not know, and it is best he does not find out."
She smiled when he complimented the food.
"I had my cooks make it, I hope that's alright. I do not know how to cook such elegant food."
She'd grown up poor, and knew how to made food that could feed many, not be pretty.

Jethil smiled at her words. "Atropa, I do not care for your cooking abilities, I care for you, it's that simple." He offered a warm smile. "So, my queen, much has changed since, well, since I last have seen you." Jethil would not dare bring up their passionate night before he departed all those years ago. "You've seen my change, and being as you are queen now, I have seen some of yours. But tell me about our king. Is he a noble man at heart?" Jethil wanted to know everything about the king, how he could best him and win over Atropa's heart. A cunning plan indeed.

Atropa smiled at him.
"The king is a good man, yes. And I love him. But we don't always have the best times-"
She stopped and looked around.
"We fight sometimes, I know he cheats on me."
She sighed and popped a strawberry in her mouth.
"I don't feel a thrill with him any longer.. And then you come along, and I just couldn't resist you."
She leaned forward and put her head on his shoulder.

(Sorry for not replying. I had surgery, and I forgot.)

(That's fine, and I hope everything went alright!)

Jethil smiled once her head was placed upon his shoulder. "The thrill is gone? Why, that is horrible. What is the point of marriage if you can't get a little thrill​ from it?" He spoke in whispers, almost seductively to her. He stroked her hair and made sure she was comfortable. "I can not believe the man cheats with his wife. You are much to beautiful to be cheated on, that is preposterous!" The irony of this situation made Jethil laugh mentally. " What a king Mardin has come to be." He sighed and continued playing with her soft hair, loving every moment with his secret lover, the queen.

Atropa sunk into him, letting her body rest against his.
"You're much too sweet.." She whispered, closing her eyes against him.
He was warm, and she was in need of comfort.
Grabbing his hand, she held it to her breast, and looked up at him- her eyes begging him for something,
anything.
"I- I need you.." She whispered, leaning forward to kiss his lips softly, heat flooding between her legs.

(Everything went fine, thank you. :) )

Jethil met her lips with equal passion. His hand which was led to her breast cupped it. He leaned her down onto the blanket and pressed his lips to hers once more. "Just say the word, my queen." He whispered into her ear. His lips soon met her neck, kissing and lightly sucking. Indeed he had won her over.

Atropa knew what she was doing was wrong- so wrong.
She would be killed if the king found out.
But it felt so good, she couldn't pull herself away from him.

"I- I think we should go somewhere.. More private." She whispered, sitting up and straightening herself out a bit.

Jethil helped the queen up and pressed close to her for just a moment. "Take us wherever you please my queen." He smiled and move some hair from her face, placing it behind her ear. "Oh, how much I've missed you. I wish to show you how much Atropa." He said with a seductive stare on his face.

Atropa blushed and got up quickly.
"We- we can use my Summer home. I'll have a carriage take us there."
She smiled at him.

"We'll be alone for good once we're there."

"That sounds superb." he said, smiling the whole time. Jethil sweet talked her the entire ride to the home. He wanted her to be ready by the time they were there. He included some kisses to her neck. They had arrived a few moments after and Jethil let Atropa lead him wherever she pleased. "This is quite a splendid home." he said, adding some idle chatter.

Atropa smiled, nodding.
"The King built it for me as a wedding gift- well, he had it built for me."
She led the way inside.
It was kept clean, and there were no servants there, at the time.
Atropa went to the kitchen and brought out a bit of wine.
"I hope you like this type." She smiled at him.