A friendly game of Cat and Mice

Well, that was definitely not something Calamity thought the kid would say.
He paused a few feet away from the kid, crossing his arms over his chest with a look of humor.
"So you're going to kill me?"
Glancing down at his chest for a moment, then back up, he smirked.
"I think you already tried that.
It wasn't very nice and I still hurt but I'm also still standing here."

"Because I tried to only knock you out!" he claimed, his knees shivering in tiredness, but also fear. He averted his eyes and looked at the river for a second.
"If I hurt myself I won't be of any use to you would I?" he grinned trying to fool the man but also taunt him by walking towards the river like a crab.

Calamity saw the action and knew right away what the boy was doing.
If the boy was dead he'd be useless, injured? A pain but not completely worthless.
"Don't even think about you. You will not survive the fall boy."
There was a possibility he would die and that's not something Calamity wanted to deal with.
He was much less of an asset dead, though dissection was handy he wanted him alive.

The young one stopped walking suddenly. "Why are you even following me?!" he yelled, not exactly expecting an answer, but trying to dismiss the man, to make him go away so he wouldn't have to throw himself at a god knows how deep river.
"Stay away!" he menaced just two steps away from the river.

He was moving just enough to try something.
And, when he got close enough lunged.
Calamity got his arms around the kid right as the small ledge gave out.
Guess they were taking a swim after all...
Insert screams here?

Well, at least the older guy had his arms snug around the kid. He'd take the brunt of the hit when they fell into the water.

He stopped dry now that the man had his arms around him, he wanted to break free, his body ached and was sore but it was his only way out, focusing, and just about to jump down at the rocky river, he begun to shiver, and a new wave of energy struck his attacker, brushing him off easily, and once again, tossing him away.

He panted heavily, stumbled around, and fell on the ground, instead of off the river, his body had finally gave up entirely.