A Crown of Bones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, as a side note: Unique abilities can be earned in IC.

If you're character gambles a lot, they might earn a unique that will grant them luck. If you lie a lot you might earn a unique to make your lies more convincing. If you train a lot you might earn a unique that will make them more likely to parry or dodge. You could also buy a book to learn a new crafting skill, a new language, or a book about local creatures to gain the edge in combat. Keep in mind uniques which affect trait skills (dodge and parry for examples) will never be as effective as the trait which they supplment (Agility and Defense).

Okay I am fine with all the changes etc. Once a week thing would be nice.

Upon reading this intro, I have fallen victim a a plague. An interest Plague.
I would be more than happy to participate in this if I may.

Upon reading this intro, I have fallen victim a a plague. An interest Plague.
I would be more than happy to participate in this if I may.
Sure. Go ahead and make a CS.

With that said, i'm closing the sign ups. I don't want more than 5 people. Also, the IC will be going up either Thursday or Friday when I don't have a shit ton of school work.

Name: Justinia Cassiopeia

Race: Human

Profession: Assassin

Nationality: Gorgon

Schools of Magic known: Hexus

Appearance:
snake_woman_lady.jpg

Biography: Justinia was born in the inner half of Gorgon. Growing up more than well aware of the dangerous wildlife that was all around her. Some argued their family was foolish for raising a child in such a place, and one day, these people were proven right. After an encounter with a large crocodile in the swamp, Justinia's father lost her to the dark waters. Lying there in her little basket of a baby carrier, Justinia floated along in the swamp with close to no hope of survival. However, she was found by someone. A hag that lived deep in the heart of the swamp alone. Taking Justinia in she raised for the lost child as her own. As such, Justinia was taught the ways of Hexus that the hag knew, and learned more than a small amount about the poisons and animals that lived in the swamp. After this period, Justinia went out into the world, her pet snakes stowed away with her, and sought a job. Needless to say, a girl who suddenly appeared from the swamps toteing snakes had a rather difficult time getting a job. But after showing a certain 'affinity' for poisons, she was contacted by a circle of assassins seeking her expertise and it wasn't long before she was acting as a full-fledged member of this group.

Traits: Power, Precision+, Knowledge

Unique Abilities: Snake Charmer: Justinia prefers to use her snakes instead of weapons, she may also attempt to charm [or in a more basic sense, tame] other snakes she comes across.
Toxic Affinity: Justinia knows her ways around poisons very well, and is more likely to recognize a poison and it's use.

Equipment: Cloth Armor, a pair of vipers, 1 dagger, a bottle of antivenom.
Blackwater Mark - A bronze coin with the imprint of a skull on either face. You've been hired by the Blackwaters to kill someone specific. Your target: Fedrick Bramble, the supposed captain of the Briar soldiers who had ventured into King's Pass. The coin has been enchanted to tell when you have killed your mark. If you land the killing blow on your target, the face on the coin will vanish, after which you may turn the coin in for your reward.

Starting Points: (In order of preference)
1, 2 ,3

Last edited by a moderator:
Name: Justinia Cassiopeia

Profession: Assassin

Nationality: Gorgon

Schools of Magic known: Hexus

Appearance:
snake_woman_lady.jpg

Biography: Justinia was born in the inner half of Gorgon. Growing up more than well aware of the dangerous wildlife that was all around her. Some argued their family was foolish for raising a child in such a place, and one day, these people were proven right. After an encounter with a large crocodile in the swamp, Justinia's father lost her to the dark waters. Lying there in her little basket of a baby carrier, Justinia floated along in the swamp with close to no hope of survival. However, she was found by someone. A hag that lived deep in the heart of the swamp alone. Taking Justinia in she raised for the lost child as her own. As such, Justinia was taught the ways of Hexus that the hag knew, and learned more than a small amount about the poisons and animals that lived in the swamp. After this period, Justinia went out into the world, her pet snakes stowed away with her, and sought a job. Needless to say, a girl who suddenly appeared from the swamps toteing snakes had a rather difficult time getting a job. But after showing a certain 'affinity' for poisons, she was contacted by a circle of assassins seeking her expertise and it wasn't long before she was acting as a full-fledged member of this group.

Traits: Power, Precision+, Agility

Unique Abilities: Snake Charmer: Justinia prefers to use her snakes instead of weapons, she may also attempt to charm [or in a more basic sense, tame] other snakes she comes across.
Toxic Affinity: Justinia knows her ways around poisons very well, and is more likely to recognize a poison and it's use.

Equipment: Cloth Armor, a pair of vipers, 1 dagger, a bottle of antivenom.

Starting Points: (In order of preference)
1, 2 ,3
Everything looks good, except to know Hexus your character needs at least one rank in Knowledge. Other then that everything is perfect.

Got it
*Edited

I will most probably be done today

And done

Name: Nyirr Stonewalker
Profession: Warden of the Magi

Nationality: Valaria
Schools of Magic known: None
Appearance:
dSQtQAn.jpg

Biography:
Nyirr was certainly a gifted child in his youth, though not one of intelligence or manipulation in magic. Instead, he was gifted with the shield and a blade. From as young as ten, he was seen as a very prodigious and skilled in wielding the simplest weapons, which was a rarity in its own. Not only that, but it had caught the eyes of the Magi, within the kingdom of Valaria. When he came of age to begin training to become a Warden of the Magi, they took him in and gave him the proper introduction to what was to come of his life. From a rather poor family, this had been a blessing cast upon him from the heavenly skies.

The training itself had taken a toll on the boy's life, baring the studies and pain that followed suite. Though, he hadn't backed off or showed any sign of backing off the past four years. When he became an adult, the ritual was given to him, separating the bridge of his soul… and it truly changed him forever. In those moments, he wasn't the same. He had become… Distant, reserved in a sense. He didn't have that drive of his youth, but instead, was a cold wall of a man.

He served the Tower loyally, aiding whichever mage requested his aid… And boy, were there many. His first few years were supposed to be a build up to more serious, long journeys, but Nyirr was put right into it with a weapon and a shield, going around with veterans to hunt down Feral mages. It had been like so for the past thirteen years, which some mages wonder if the man had lost all sanity. Yet, Nyirr himself to be collected and mindful since the first day he was handed to a mage to protect… And though, in his heart, he wished to return to Valaria to help in the war, his duties were to the Tower and he could not walk away. One day, he would wish to return and aid the people.

Traits:
  • Strength (Rank I)
  • Endurance (Rank II)
  • Defense (Rank I)

Unique Abilities:
  • Warden's Immunity: As all Wardens have, Nyirr has a near immunity to all forms of magic.
  • Shield Mastery: His training with the shield has given him a number of combat advantages.

Equipment:

Set of Plate Armor
Heavy Flanged Mace
Heavy Steel Shield
Dagger
Several set of traveling clothes
Waterskin
Blue Scrying Orb

Starting Point:
accepted.

@Ouroboros_

Add

Blackwater Mark - A bronze coin with the imprint of a skull on either face. You've been hired by the Blackwaters to kill someone specific. Your target: Fedrick Bramble, the supposed captain of the Briar soldiers who had ventured into King's Pass. The coin has been enchanted to tell when you have killed your mark. If you land the killing blow on your target, the face on the coin will vanish, after which you may turn the coin in for your reward.

to your inventory.

Apart from tomorrow, the 5th, GM posts will be on Mondays.

As a reminder, GM post is going up tomorrow. Sign ups will probably be reopened in lieu of the number of absent posts.

I'll try to post, had a really busy week

As long as you don't miss two posts without some kind of OOC explanation you're fine.

Welp, guess I'll hope that sign ups go up then. Pity about Shades though.

You can make a CS. You mean not being able to play a shade?
Yeah, vessel hopping is cool.

But I'll see what I can drum up in a few days.

A boop and bump, by the power of donation, I guess.

C6GkElw.png

Kylar Fraule

Race: Human, mostly.

Profession: Hunter

Nationality: Gorgonite

Schools of Magic known: N/A

Biography: Destined to be a Ranger from the day he was born, Kylar spent only his years as a baby with his parents before he was given up to the order his father hailed from. There he learnt how to handle bow, axe, dagger, and sword. The numerous ways the swamps could claim his life and how to prevent that. How to cut away his humanity and become one with his surroundings. Never was too good with the last one though, he was always a bit too excited to disappear amidst the grim swamps.

Really, the swamp and its denizens were deathly enough. He didn't need to add to it by killing himself, metaphorically at the least. To the frustration of his seniors, Kylar never did seem to be one with the swamps. He had become a skilled archer and could follow even the best of their men through the swamps, but he couldn't prevent the same from happening to himself. His strategy was to simply outrun and maneuver his peers. Frustratingly enough it worked as he left them behind with only laughter ringing in their ears.

As such he is considered to be a Hunter more than a Ranger by his order. The person who solves the overt problems and works with a group out in the open rather than slinking in the shadows and remaining unseen.

Traits: Precision II, Agility I, Endurance I

Unique Abilities:
Ranger's Repertoire: Survive the Gorgon swamps and the rest of the world isn't so bad. Kylar was never the best at the whole stealth and conceal portion, but he's an excellent survivalist and swift tracker.

Feline Grace: Old blood runs deep, and for whatever reason it seems to have resurfaced in Kylar. His only physically noticeable traits would be sharper nails that could be called claws, but he's quite nimble and always seems to land on his feet.

Equipment: Short bow, Quiver (15 broad heads, 2 signal arrows), Hatchet, Dagger, Travel Cloak, Waterskin, and Pack (Extra clothes, rations, fire starting equipment, and other survival supplies).

Last edited:
This is a reminder that the next post is going up Monday. I'd reccomend using this round to prepare as the next post will be putting us in king's pass.

Status
Not open for further replies.