mango

Original poster
Because I destroyed my first thread.

velius

velius zacchaeus - December 13, 1558.
Swansea, Wales - Welsh/Latin/Scottish
DO GO ON.

APPEARANCE

Velius is a hauntingly beautiful creature -- and often regarded as such. Even his pained smile doesn't eclipse the entrancing gleam of his wine red eyes, or the alluring lilt of his soft, slightly amused voice. every now and then one may catch a flicker of agony flash across his pale features as present as lightning, expressed by a twitch to his almost plastered, forced smile or a bit of a wince -- but he'll disregard it, and the few that understand the meaning behind his unspoken struggle would advice not to pry if you value your life.

PERSONALITY

There is something looming behind that almost pained, wry smile -- you might catch it behind Velius's eyes -- it waits, suppressed only socially by the host, though on his lonesome this man is weak to a side that wouldn't be done justice if described merely as dark. Velius is gentle and respectful -- although he does enjoy getting someone of lesser wit riled up. Velius is quite pleasant in an uncomfortable way -- intuition may lead one to believe they're constantly on the edge of provoking something, but few can verify that thin line between his amusement, versus a wearing patience. For the most part he's simply a consistently placid individual who remains calm for everyone's sake, leading those with the chance to bare witness to his rare ups and downs the most to acknowledge he's, perhaps, considerate.

BIOGRAPHY

Was born a pure blood in Wales during the year 1558 just as the Elizabethan era kicked off, to the highly regarded family of Zaccaeus, within a coven (of N A M E) to an Englishman (N A M E) and a Scottish woman (N A M E) despite the racial tensions humans made a fuss over. Until age twenty, Velius hadn't endured much heartache -- his coven was among the few who prevailed, much like the witches, the wiser of his kind had remained quiet and tucked away within the countryside of Swansea, all throughout Edward's rule due to his paranoia and sum thousands of beheadings on the basis of things like witch craft.

- Parents were beheaded, resulting in the first ever major provocation and further more, unveiling, of Velius's inner demon, of which wiped out the entire town housing his parent's murderers within an hour.
- Commuted to London where he blended in with those that were left of his coven
- The Great Fire of 1666, which was a great cover up for a mass murder of vampires by the church, had destroyed what little family he had left, fortunately (or as he recalls, unfortunately) he was not there during the attack, but did return to completely devastate the nearest churches.
- Commuted to Italy, a while after the Plague of 1656, which had Italy in recovery mode

This would be around where he joins the coven of our story, perhaps in the early seventeen hundreds orrrr idk.

ABILITIES/NATURE

Beneath a mask of poise and composure, Velius has an inner turmoil, one of which has nearly claimed itself an identity of its own, known to the few unfortunate enough to bare witness to it as his dark side though that does not measure the demon that lays wait beneath carefully crafted layers and guards tens of years old. Upon his breaking point, the initial attack is one entirely deprived of morals, fueled by the ache that comes with hundreds of years of loss -- he sweeps through as nothing but wisps of darkness, no longer physical, until revealing himself with a sadistic bombardment of attacks. His features are highly defined -- wings like a spread shadow -- he's true to his stereotype with extended talons for fingers and toes.

Last edited by a moderator:
BABETTE

elisabeth Kissling - D.O.B
Place Of Birth - German/Caucasian
THAT'S QUITE ALRIGHTDARLING.

APPEARANCE

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Maecenas tincidunt convallis ex ut ullamcorper. Proin dictum, mi et euismod congue, turpis nulla iaculis ipsum, eget placerat nulla velit at libero. Quisque posuere augue lacus. Morbi vitae velit tortor. In hac habitasse platea dictumst. Mauris non congue nisi. Phasellus semper sagittis viverra. Maecenas vitae aliquam tellus, nec sodales mauris. Praesent id tellus eleifend, consectetur quam non, vulputate nisl. Vestibulum posuere mattis nulla at sodales. Nullam mauris est, cursus a urna at, lobortis tempor justo. Nunc ut euismod est. Nunc elementum odio vitae feugiat eleifend. Aliquam rutrum ac enim sit amet volutpat. Vivamus et nulla venenatis, varius lorem vitae, tincidunt leo. Integer quis elit et augue rhoncus commodo sit amet quis nisl.

PERSONALITY

BIOGRAPHY

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Maecenas tincidunt convallis ex ut ullamcorper. Proin dictum, mi et euismod congue, turpis nulla iaculis ipsum, eget placerat nulla velit at libero. Quisque posuere augue lacus. Morbi vitae velit tortor. In hac habitasse platea dictumst. Mauris non congue nisi. Phasellus semper sagittis viverra. Maecenas vitae aliquam tellus, nec sodales mauris. Praesent id tellus eleifend, consectetur quam non, vulputate nisl. Vestibulum posuere mattis nulla at sodales. Nullam mauris est, cursus a urna at, lobortis tempor justo. Nunc ut euismod est. Nunc elementum odio vitae feugiat eleifend. Aliquam rutrum ac enim sit amet volutpat. Vivamus et nulla venenatis, varius lorem vitae, tincidunt leo. Integer quis elit et augue rhoncus commodo sit amet quis nisl.

ABILITIES

GARRIDAN

Garridan Aurel
Month day, 1475 (40, 542)
Moldavia - Romanian
TRULY I DO.

APPEARANCE

PERSONALITY

BIOGRAPHY

Descendant/Relative of Stephen The Great, ruler of what was then the Moldavia Principality (1457 - 1504) but is, today, Romania.

- Perhaps he was about 40 at this point? So he could have born about 1475...

- Raised under heavy Christanity, was perhaps a handsome man of faith. Counsel member?

- And was turned after the end of Stephens reign, 1505.

- Did he try to hide it? Could he? Who turned him? How was he introduced to the undead lifestyle? Are they living amongst the dead? I would assume they have a dwelling place somewhere tucked away in europe, perhaps with an OUAT kind of spell so no one can enter without permission.

- (Vampires) come in the name of representation of (place) to make peace with Stephen The Great under the guise of humans. Garridan caught onto them (at some point) and (they wiped out his family?) they turned him. His unique discernment and intuition carried over into his vampiric life, enabling him to know the abilities of others at a glance as well as (other ability). He was taken by the man that turned him to where the vampires dwell (was offered a position there or something idk); aware he could never return to God, he turned to the vampiric belief system? Taking on their traditions and burying the shame of his former identity he could not salvage.

" - Moldavia also came under the suzerainty of the Ottoman Empire during the 16th century".

A FORMER DUKE?

ABILITIES/NATURE

000.png

film__16402-the-little-vampire--detail.jpg

3779_a20.jpg

dominic

name - d.o.b.
birth place - ethnicity
DID YOU MISS ME?

APPEARANCE

PERSONALITY

BIOGRAPHY

A FORMER DUKE?

ABILITIES/NATURE

6efec7b21bbb654952b9f2aa49040511.jpg

tumblr_of8xn2CbRR1sr9z69o1_500.jpg

1b4a4719375ba38b4bcac1136944fd8a.jpg

tumblr_m0urhtohRl1r9m237o1_500.jpg

tumblr_m027s4tSuH1rp9spuo1_500.jpg

tumblr_m027k9Q7Xt1rp9spuo1_500.jpg

tumblr_muphfi7jbi1qidriio1_500.jpg

DOMINIC

"oh look a fancy quote space"

DOMINIC
Dom | Nickname
♂ | Mid-twenties

Actual DOB
17th century

Ability
?

Extra

LILIA

"I don't know where I'm going, but it will always be forward"

ELIZABETH AUREL
Lilia | Babette | Ellie
♀ | 19

TRAVELER
?, KALOS

$20,000

PARTY | 4/6

MIEN
Lilia's slender figure is bathed in ivory, which compliments her memorably large, brown eyes and medium-full, faded pink lips. Her high cheek bones are dusted with faint freckles like cinnamon, with a cocoa hued beauty mark just below, resting to the left upper side of her lips. She has a smooth jawline, flawless nose, relatively high arched thin eye brows, and thick, dark eyelashes always enhanced with a coat of mascara. Though occasionally she'll let her espresso locks fall naturally just past the small of her back, Lilia prefers to tie her hair in half hearted ponytail, though it still sweeps past her shoulders. Her figure's often compared to Elesa's, mirroring both the model's thinness and height, with small feminine curves and stunningly long legs lightly toned from her second favorite traveling method - cycling.

Though not one to care for trivialities such as seasonal wardrobes, Lilia will take advantage of every chilly moment to cloak herself in her beloved coats, of which wards of even the coldest of weather, falls past her knees, is adorned with a hoodie and is dyed ebony. On days where a coat just isn't justifiable, however, she'll typically wear light weight sweaters and whatever bottoms are appropriate -- Lilia finds flats most convenient shoe wise. She is not into jewelry, but does wear a dainty chain with a tiny pearl (acquired during her brief passing through Ambrette) of which rests just between her collarbones.​

BIO
Briefly touch on childhood life, more importantly when she began her journey.

Cue Froakie.

Cue 2nd.

Cue 3rd.

Areas covered, accomplishments, people met, etc.

Whatever else belongs in a bio.

Brief analysis of present day.​

PERSONA

Elizabeth is an oddball by nature, so it's no surprise she's a bit predictably unpredictable. It's not possible to narrow her down to a few adjectives as she almost constantly resides within the middle of everything, or responds differently (be it over dramatic, or not at all) than anyone else would. She is, however, consistently curious, which constantly lands her in weird situations.

♡ ×

LIKES TO -

✔ Get lost
✔ Sing when she's frightened
✔ Snack
✔ Double Battle
✔ Fly
✔ Travel

DISLIKES -

✖ Swimming
✖ Hot weather
✖ Spicy food
✖ Novice battles
✖ Pranks
✖ Schedules

TEAM

GRENINJA
M | (Nature) | Ability | Location captured

Personality

Favored moves

SLOT 2

Personality

Favored moves

SLOT 3

Personality

Favored moves

SLOT 4

Personality

Favored moves

SLOT 5

Personality

Favored moves

SLOT 6

Personality

Favored moves

BABETTE

"The time? I wouldn't know. But let me tell you it is fleeting without your consent, best to catch up because you'll never pin it down."

NAME - Babette Zacchaeus

PRONUNCIATION - (Bay - bet Zuh - kay - us)

NICKNAMES - Babe, Lily, Duchess

AGE - 18 | Almost 300 hundred years.

D.O.B. - August 20, late 17th century.

P.O.B. - Swansea, Wales

ETHNICITY - WELSH/LATIN/SCOTTISH

SEXUALITY - Het

mien
HAIR - Silver blonde

EYES - Gold

SKIN - Porcelain

HEIGHT - 5'9.5

WEIGHT - 115 lbs

BODY TYPE - Ectomorph

DRESS Cashmere, dainty jewelry

PIERCINGS - Auricle, lobe, helix

TATTOOS - N/A

SCARS - Idk yet

HEALTH AILMENTS - N/A​

depth

SPECIES - Vampire

POWER - Pathokinesis

DORM - (will be assigned later)

STRENGTHS

★ Problem solver
★ Immortal
★ Wicked Health Regen.​

WEAKNESSES

☆ Sunlight
☆ Corpse blood
☆ Special Diet​

PERSONAL HISTORY (will flesh this out later)

FAMILY -

Velius Zacchaeus - Alive - Adoptive Brother

Garridan Aurel - Alive - Adoptive Father​

FRIENDS -

EXES -

ENEMIES -

NEUTRAL -

personality

PERSONALITY

Though she has greatly shaped beneath the gentle, guiding wing of her adoptive father, there are some traits Babette hasn't lost despite nearly three hundred years after her birth.​

✘ Sullen - Babe is known for an expression bordering sullen, big eyes often lingering with longing on the nearest window, voice with a lilt that drops like a petal's wilting flowers. Her sighs are heavy -- they don't match her youthful appearance, though her aged soul justifies her acquaintance with somberness. She's hard to excite and doesn't seem to respond genuinely very often, though once in a while a bittersweet, tug on the heart kind of smile breaks through.

✘ Distant - Insufferably so -- emotionally, but also physically. Babe dislikes allowing others into her personal space, and is even entirely bordered off in terms of personal feelings. She's not a liar per say, but isn't exactly open, either.

✘ Cold - That being said, most have tabbed her as cold, taking offense to her pinched shoulders and averted gaze, mistaking her lack of elaboration and rare appearance to be a sign of arrogance. She has been falsely branded many titles that don't due her justice, but seeing as they've kept her from intimacy, Babette does nothing to quell the rumors.

✘ Bored - On her lonesome, her posture shies away, and her gaze is distant -- she fakes interest in most of what is shared with her, but rarely devotes her gaze to anyone.

✘ Lonely - Aside from her small family, Babette doesn't really have anyone in her life. It's her own fault -- but there are awkward moments when she tries to insert herself somewhere, but backs out due to the fears that come with immortality (out living another) as she has many times.

✘ Overthinks - Everything, to avoid mistakes.

≈ Melancholic - To those that have only just met her, Babette is most often described as a manifestation of melancholy. She seems neither sad, nor enthused, about really anything -- she's like the faint pitch of a dull piano key, or the coming signs of rain.

❀ Gentle - Her touch is light, if you're lucky enough to experience it -- Babette is not rash, blunt, or impulsive, not rushing but drifting, not loud but a dull tinker.

❀ Wise - Babette does not engage in foolishness, be it arguments or fights for prevalence -- she especially avoids emotionally charged situations. Her responses may be short, but seem to always know what the best approach is -- she makes a lesson out of everything, and seems to actively seek diplomacy and compromise.

❀ Level Headed - Applied pressure hardly phases her, Lily doesn't seem to react to situations others would consider stressful because she is typically not emotionally involved, thus has no true stakes in the outcome. She can be a bit obnoxiously rational, and come off as controlling, but really does have the simplest alternatives.

❀ Romantic - Oddly so. Her words seem preserved from another century, eyes holding a great deal of wonder. She speaks of tantalizing subjects if she speaks at all, words romancing the spirit -- it's as if she's already reading a novel, her dialogue clipped scenes from her favorite chapters.

❀ Relatively angelic - Despite false conceptions, Babette is a downright good person. She's generous (just not with her time), and will do the right thing without hesitation, she is not a naturally ill intention-ed individual nor has she ever been known to intentionally hurting anyone (unintentionally, it happens often) nor has she even been a thief, instigator or provoked conflict. Shes also rather down to earth, having her refined tastes but not without being humble and respectful.

→ Old century gothic novels
→ Silk
→ Dawn & twilight
→ Long sleeves

DISLIKES

→ Those who pry
→ Frauds
→ Heat
→ Center of attention

HOBBIES

Not sure yet.

HABITS

Scrunching her hair
Puckering her lips
Day dreaming
Biting lightly on her nails

TALENTS

Musically Inclined (Singing, especially)
Creatively Inclined (Writing, specifically)
Ballroom dancing
Speaks Romani, Dutch, and Latin.

FEARS

Betrayal, Heartache
Disappointing her father
Dishonoring her coven/Acting irrationally
Causing the lineage to die
Following her heart

MENTAL AILMENTS - N/A

BABETTE

Elsie

"✾ ❀ ✾"

Elisheva Kopfkino

Elsie | Lisabette | Bitti

Leo | 21 | Power | Female

P.O.B.: ?

Elsie's appearance

Elsie's personality

Elsie's extras

Darius

"✾ ❀ ✾"

Darius Aurel

Trouble | Prince | name

Sign | 19 | Power | Male

P.O.B.: ?

appearance

personality

extras

human-cloak tech-stealth/fitted power suit-bos

922b505342fad3b082b127fa80be34ea.jpg

attachment.php

52bcdd5a06b5306c1f4f53120ec9846d.png

HI THERE

status | open
Hi! I won't bore anyone with background beyond the essentials, if you'd like to get to know me, let's start writing!

Level > Advanced.

Post Length > Varies, minimum two paragraphs always.

Quality > Detailed.

Activity > Varies, to be discussed.

Native Tongue > English.

the low down
When it comes to activity I cannot give a direct answer. I have several changes on the rise in life, and my greatest challenge would be the array of medical issues plaguing me right now; with that in mind, my posts are sporadic, sometimes I can offer several throughout the day, whilst other times I might not be able to reply for a few days to a week. You'll always be notified. I would prefer my partner be able to respond at least a few times a week, as that's something I can typically guarantee from myself.

I write m x f only -- I'm always down for doubling, but would prefer the female role otherwise. I don't mind romance, platonic is fine as well -- will only fade to black.

OC x OC, or OC x Canon.

Gore, swearing, violence, a-ok

but no weird shit​

Fandom
If bold, that's my role.

Fallout 4 (Preferred), 3, NV.

OC x OC
OC x Danse

Pokemon Games (Preferred), Anime/Origins/Generations, Manga. No PMD.

OC x OC
OC x Gary/Blue Oak
OC x Grimsley
OC x Siebold

Not interested in any other (game) fandoms at the moment.

Anime

Bleach I've only seen the first hundred episodes, I know what happens p much but am not interested in arrancars, espadas, etc.

OC x OC
OC x Mayuri Kurotsuchi

Occult Academy Something like it, in the universe or with a similar plot. Could even say Maya's adventures did not end there, though I don't see how that's really interesting lol.

Ergo Proxy Haven't have the pleasure of finishing it yet, but I like the dystopian universe and paranormal aspects.

I haven't really watched Steins;Gate, FMA, Bones, Tokyo Ghoul, Ghost in the Shell, but I love Scifi/Paranormal aspects so intertwining the two would be stellar.​

pairings/plots
I love anything and everything vampire -- mine tend to be a mix of Van Helsing and Twilight.

Bold would be my role.

Vampire x Vampire
Vampire x Human
Expat x Expat

PLOTS

Character A leaves the states in hopes of a fresh start after being offered the chance to relocate for her job in Trondheim, Norway. Desperate for fresh air and to leave the madness of her surroundings behind her, A catches the first flight out of the US. Her arrival is tough -- visas, a boss she just can't please, crazy drunk neighbor, and the fact she can't skii to save her life. Oh, and her stalkers a vampire, though that seems to be the least of her worries.

^ Would really prefer not to double for this plot, city is up for discussion but I would prefer it take place in Norway, Austria or Romania, maybe the UK. Will be mostly light hearted and fun, meant for development -- you can flesh out Character B (Vampire, Male) as well as his coven, if he has one -- I have plenty of NPCs to offer as his family, etc. Dying to do this.

More to come.

THANK YOU!

• Love
Reactions: rissa

LIZA
"the league is overrated"

ELIZABETH LEHUA
Liza | Ellie | Oddball

GENDER female
AGE 19 | August 20
TITLE trainer class

P.O.B. hometown, region

FUNDS 20,000​

appearance goes here

personality

background

greninja

♂ | Timid | Protean

Although typically indifferent and standoffish, Greninja has picked up his trainer's trait of generosity, and has been known to go the extra mile to aid another without thanks.

Granted Starter
Held Item

Flygon

♀ | Adamant| Levitate

Personality

slot

♀ | Nature | Ability

Personality

slot

♀ | Nature | Ability

Personality

slot

♀ | Nature | Ability

Personality

slot

♀ | Nature | Ability

Personality

GRENINJA

♂ | Timid | Protean

Although typically indifferent and standoffish, Greninja has picked up his trainer's trait of generosity, and has been known to go the extra mile to aid another without thanks.

Granted Starter
Held Item
FLYGON

♀ | Adamant | Levitate

personality

location caught
Held Item
SLOT

Gender | Nature | Ability

personality

location caught
Held Item
SLOT

personality

location caught
Held Item
SLOT

personality

location caught
Held Item
SLOT

personality

location caught
Held Item
PC

SUNSHINE

"QUOTE"

Sonny

Sun | Sunshine (mostly sarcasm)

18 | Female

Sonny leaves a lot of things unfinished: goals, meals, sometimes even conversation, it's no wonder her wandering mind couldn't be tied down even for a scholarship. she isn't very grounded and has a hard time being in the moment, she also isn't much of a sweet talker and can have quite a bark here and there. this all coming from a girl who looks delicate enough to be caught up in the passing breeze. her pouts are dramatic and her patience thin, though she is indeed very sweet she has a rough way of showing it -- that is, however, mostly a front, as one will find her to be easily moved to tears (despite denial) and the first one to support another in their goals (despite denial).

honor roll ace trainer drop out gone budding model, Sonny has a hand in a little bit of everything, but has yet to commit long enough to make it to the top. she chose to follow the footsteps of her idol, Elesa, choosing the runway over the battlefield -- though she does, often, participate in matches. she was born and raised in kanto, the farthest she'd ever moved was...​

T E A M

◦ Eevee (To become Sylveon)
◦ Frogedier
◦ Lampent
◦ Togepi
◦ (Eventually) Gible
◦ (Eventually) Scizor (Evolved Scyther Trade idk)

Jack

*bumps into a beedrill nest* ...!?

Jack Winter

J | Winter

17 | Male

Always calm and collected, with a nonchalant pace and a lack of consideration for specifics. Jack is a magnet for bad luck, and seems to always find himself in sticky situations. He's a bit naive, and unintentionally tends to tempt fate for the worst -- he doesn't really lose his cool over anything, with a habit of zoning out when he actually does get overwhelmed. Despite his surname, Jack is a rather warm individual -- both the listening type and heart warmingly patient, though also equipped with a monotone sass that can wipe the smirk off just about anyone's face, though he's mostly just stating the obvious. He's not afraid of confrontation, and does not have the 'you're pushing your limits' radar built in; despite some finding him a little slow, Jack is quick to react physically, and is not someone you want to sneak up behind.

bio​

T E A M

Frosslass
Boldore
Elekid
Porygon2

(Eventually) Beldum
(Eventually) Squirtle

Character A (female, me) and Character B (male, you) were mates in the 18th (?) century. (Antagonistic presence) sought to rid the world of abominations such as yourselves, always on your heels, hunting (or ambushing your otherwise peaceful lives, idk) and eventually killing Character A. Alone and heartbroken, Character B lives out the next 200 years running from (said hunter/group) and? (wandering? Eventually joins a coven in specified area) (idk if he'd live secretive or among others as a day walker) until one fateful "day" he meets his lover, reincarnated. Problem is? She doesn't remember a thing. His presence triggers her dejavu at best, leading her to think they have a spiritual connection although it's so much more. Determined to reunite with his mate, he spends every moment attempting to jar her memory -- until (said hunter) finds them, and sets his sight on Character A once again (he is also a memory trigger). Eventually B is forced to kidnap A with little explanation and run, taking her into the coven and across countries in hopes of finding a way to shake this (guild thing) forever and live happily ever after.

SEARCH THREAD

"QUOTE"
CONTEXT HERE

Lani

"quote"

U'ilani Tamaeva

Sun | Sunshine

Age 15

Birthplace Leiluahu, Ke'oa.

Personality

Lani was born free spirited, the most prominent trait of both her parents; like her father, she's as restless as the sea; like her mother, she's an unconventional fire in whatever she pursues. Although a bit too head strong, with a bark just as bad as her bite, Lani is a natural leader -- courageous, honest, and adept with improvising. She doesn't come off as gentle as she can be, nor do people accurately associate her tendency to be quiet with the fact she is a bit shy and more so easily flustered. She uses her head far more than her heart, and is not very trusting; Lani is, however, a loyal friend with some decent wisdom for a kid, though she probably isn't the one you want to go to for girl talk or heart to heart chats. Lani values honesty and genuineness above all else.

Strengths

Courageous -- not easily intimidated, probs led a revolution in her past life, easily the arm to hold in a haunted house.
Wise -- you won't find her in many sticky situations, nor is she prone to making the same mistake twice.
Problem Solver -- a bit of a kill joy, but has the best solutions.

Weaknesses

Harsh -- on herself, and everyone else. Her bark is one to be avoided.
Emotionally Immature -- feelings get you into bad situations! what even is intimacy!
Guarded -- quick to be on the defensive, first one to cry.

Talents

‣ Dancing (Rhythm, musically inclined)
‣ Navigating (Natural sense of direction)
‣ ?

Inabilities

‣ ?
‣ ?
‣ ?

History and Present Life

Her surname is well respected on Ke'oa, tribe tales have it that Tamaeva was a queen of the islands way back when, and Lani's grandmother insists the girl is some sort of princess; there is an ongoing feud between many families, but her family specifically is (allegedly) the sole heir to quite a chunk of the island. Of course, it's just some of the elders that bicker about this, no one Lani's age even listen to the old stories anymore and it does not get her discounts so she remains mildly interested.

Other than some rumored lineage, Lani's life hasn't been too extreme. Her mother was a big time hula dancer, her father a sailor; while she was raised by the woman, who has long since retired but is still well known in their community for her impressive connection to their roots, her father sailed away before she was born, and has never been heard from again. She spent most of her years being her mother's only friend, which led to her being a bit sheltered, mentally older and distrusting of others after watching how her father's departure affected the woman so much; how her mom reacted so poorly emotionally though, is why Lani tries to be the logical one of the group nowadays. Life in her town was always low key and relatively boring, she spent a lot of her time avoiding family reunions, window shopping in the district and failing to join her many, many cousins in dancing lessons (though unbeknownst to most, when alone, she dances beautifully just like her mother). She instead was one of the first to gain entry to the academy, and while no one in her family really knows what the could mean or what the point of it is, Lani is quite excited to be away and trying something different.​

Name: Darius "Black Flame" Bodaway Sampson
Spiritual Identification: Spiritually Oppressed Sensitive; Spirit deciphering.

Appearance:

6'1; A pale bronze; locks black and brown, when not pulled into his typical messy bun, fall in tousled curls just at his shoulders; groomed facial hair comes and goes. Typically sports flannel tops half heartedly buttoned and quarter cuff sleeved, a cracked watch with a few genuine leather wrist accessories, and various beaded/feathered necklaces with rock pendants.

Has faded fleshy scars here and there, mostly along his forearms, in strikes of three by what would look like talons -- demonic attacks, but some thinks he hurts himself;
Inquiries just piss him off.​

Personality:

Adventurous : Darius makes everything an adventure, and can turn a serious situation into a quest for thrill; locked doors, pitch blacl tunnels, attics, small holes -- if he can find a way in, he'll do it; and if he can't, he'll convince someone else.

Ballsy : Be it a wild bear or an aggressive spirit, Darius doesn't back down easily, tactfully finding ways of overcoming his challenges though he gets hurt just as often as he is victorious.

Last minute Loyal : Though he's the one sending you into that underground tunnel, he'll also be the one digging through every piece of sheetrock to save you when it collapses. Not everyone finds that heart warming, but at least he doesn't... Always, leave everyone behind.

Inquisitive : Always studying, poking his nose into uncharted territory, attempting to make sense of the other side -- also always inquiring about his crew in subtle ways. It's like the crew is his own personally game of janga -- once in a while it crumbles, but Darius is pretty good about carefully tugging at everyones soft spots just for the sake of understanding.

Manipulative, but with decent intentions : Darrius not only has a way with words, but there's something about his energy that tends to influence others. It comes so casually, it's easy to miss; sometimes, Darius isn't even aware of how subtly persuasive he is being.

Obsessive : He'll push himself, and others, well beyond their limits, often becoming somewhat scary on the path to what he thinks is right. He has injured himself on many occasions, and seems to lose that sense of self preservation in the heat of the moment -- few risks are too risky, and little reason can get through to him. He almost seems to have tunnel vision.

Closed off : Attempting to touch on why he cares so much about the other side causes Darius to even further distance himself from others. It's a constant, his refusal to open up; it's easy to think he is keeping something important from everyone, but the truth is all he is hiding is deep, deep emotional hurt.

? :​

Biography:

Grew up on in one of two bands of the Lakota Nation: the Sihasapa, in South Dakota. As a toddler he was raised by his mother, a sweet woman who was more into modern day lifestyle than the traditions of her people; his father left around the time he turned four, and was never heard from again. His mother died of an unexplained illness and he ended up under the supervision of his grandfather.

His grandfather was a very respected traditionalist shaman who not only taught Darrius some incredible useful ways to live founded on the Sihasapa people's ways, but also introduced him to protection talismans and mantras (mostly in their native tongue), the power of nature, how to start a proper fire and also how to always be aware spiritually. Explaining that "there is an evil attached to our roots, it haunted my grandfathers, and me, and someday, Great Spirit forbid, it will find you" and other things that Darrius often murmurs about.

He ended up moving to the city and being raised by his extended family at the age of thirteen when his grandfather was mysteriously murdered, and he had no family left in the reservation. Got emancipated at 16 and wandered around for a long time, living out of friends vans and working odd jobs while really just focusing on this entity that took away his childhood. He saved every dime and eventually bought his own vintage sort of rv. He set out to find this entity, which has actually been following him for years.

The entity that latched onto him has opened up his third eye without his permission, and enabled him to tell the difference between spirits and demons, as well as see the demons latched onto others or around him.

At 24 he founded this paranormal group (which really just started out him searching for this entity), finally deciding he needed the help, but very much keeping his true motivation to himself.​

Relationships:

Sonny -- Darrius met Sonny in Pierre when he was just starting his 'ghost crew' out; she had been living by pennies as an expat. He offered her his RV to stay in, and they split the costs, eventually recruiting her onto his little 'ghost crew' experiment. They have a weird relationship -- he pulls her out of trouble, but is also the first one to push her into it -- she's a conduit for energy, and he uses that to his advantage with no regrets.

Brad -

Kat -

?

?

?