A Clash of Worlds (Taliesin&redblood)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adrian was bemused by the stream of words Paris threw at him. He was sure they were all some sort of transportation but as to the differences between each he was completely lost. He thought of the things he had saw while riding here in the big long rolly vehicle and wondered where that fit in. He managed to give the illusion that he was more knowledgeable than he was about this country due to his ease at picking up the more basic parts of their language but the more technical specific terms would be a little slower coming to him.

Regardless he nodded thoughtfully as his lover explained, relieved to get on a subject that was slightly less aggravating at least. "Hmm I am glad at least the bond between rider and horse remains." It made him think a little regretfully of the steed that he mostly neglected. He had heard other men speak of their horses quite fondly though. At the slightest hint of regret though his ball of guilt surged up and he actually staggered a bit from his shock at the strength of it. It took him a few moments to catch his breath, holding his chest which was squeezing with pain now. Someone who was less versed with magic would be baffled how emotions could effect the body so but for him it only made sense, if it was exceptionally inconvenient right now.

He tried to wave away Paris's concern. "It's fine, I may have overdone it a bit too soon after my recovery."

Suddenly Adrian seemed to be getting worse. Worriedly, Paris tried to lay an arm around him, but before he could, Adrian had already tried to wave away his concern. "Are you sure?" He asked, not believing the other prince at all. He did not seem fine in any sense of the word.

"Maybe it was a bad idea to go outside when you're still not feeling well." Paris added, slightly ashamed that he had proposed it even though he had known that his lover had been feeling unwell a few days earlier. "Do you want to go inside and rest?"

Adrian struggled with himself for a few moments, his emotions pulling him this way and that while he carefully held his magic safely inside himself. "I will just rest here for a moment." He finally said weakly, sitting down at the table with a sigh. "If it persists we may go inside and watch a...movie." He stumbled on the word mostly because it reminded him painfully of better times. It also made him want very desperately to do decidedly inappropriate things to Paris. "I'm sorry I've been worrying you." He wanted to just say 'I'm sorry' but then Paris would wonder what about.

"You don't have anything to apologize for." Paris told him, almost shocked that Adrian felt it necessary. "It's not your fault you're sick." He laid a hand on the other prince's back and rubbed gently up and down in a calming fashion. Maybe it was time to call a doctor after all. If Adrian became immobilized like that on random occasions, then it must be something terribly wrong with him. No common cold gave those symptoms as far as Paris knew.

"You should probably rest for the rest of the week just in case. I'll call a doctor to check up on you tomorrow afternoon, okay?" Paris proposed. He weren't one to order people around, but he would probably persist a bit on the issue if Adrian disagreed.

Adrian leaned back into the other mans hand and gave a soft sigh. I'm going to miss this... He thought to himself before going stiff. What had he just thought? What was he thinking? Adrian shivered at the implications of where his mind was heading. "Very well." He said out loud to Paris, frowning at the mention of the doctor. The doctor would find nothing wrong with him, or a very great deal depending how you looked at it. He mused on the doctor problem while he and Paris walked back inside. He savored these moments with the other prince having realized somewhere along the way that he had decided he could not continue this lie.

The next day, Adrian was gone long before the doctor came looking for him. He had ordered a car and left in plain sight of the entire palace but for some reason no one found it worth commenting on so no word would reach Paris until he returned to his room to find a note waiting for him on his bed. It went as follows.

My Love,

I cannot stay here under the burden of this guilt. Though I did not do as they would accuse me of I nonetheless have wooed you under false circumstances. Why would I leave then you ask? Because much against my will you have done the same and so for the sake of both of us I will be the bigger man for once and withdraw. Tell them whatever you wish.

I'm sorry.

~Adrian

Paris worried for the whole next day that the doctor would find something awfully wrong with his lover, but during one of his smaller breaks he contacted the doctor he had called earlier to ask how it had gone, but he had told the prince that Adrian hadn't been in his room. At first it made the young prince a bit scared, though he did not know why. Eventually though he realized that Adrian probably just felt better that morning and went outside while waiting for Paris to get done with work. He probably forgot all about the doctor coming to see him, thus didn't leave Paris a message. With that explanation in mind, he tried not to think about it anymore as he kept doing his royal duties until late that evening.

Once he entered his room, he was exhausted. He would of course call Adrian and ask him how he was feeling, and maybe even if he wanted to watch a movie with him. Though he would probably fall asleep immediately after the movies start. Though considering they hadn't slept together in a while, it would be nice to fall asleep in the other man's arms again. Paris did love the comforting feeling of Adrian's fingers going through his hair when they laid in each others arms. But before Paris had been able to even consider taking up his phone, he saw something odd on his bed.

He took up the note and read it. Not able to comprehend the words he read it a second time. A third. Then a forth. And even a fifth time. His mind refused to understand the words written down by his lover, but eventually he forced the meaning behind those letters sink in. Adrian was gone. But where too? Home to his own country? Most likely. Where else would he go? Shaking, he sat down on the bed. Had Adrian fooled him from the start? Even so, how could he accept it without a proper explanation? He had to meet him. he had to talk to him. He had to bring him back.

Of course that was easier said than done. As fast as he brought up the topic of going to Adrian's country to speak to him, his mother refused it and even went so far as to put more guards around him to make sure he didn't do anything stupid. After having read the letter she was convinced not only of Adrian's betrayal, but also that this was some sort of trick to make her son fall even deeper.

Paris locked himself up in his room, heartbroken and angry. What was he supposed to do? He refused to do work and studies. He refused to speak to anyone, especially his mother. He only accepted food which had to come from the cook himself. If he didn't hear the cooks voice when he knocked on the door, then he wouldn't open it. Though more often than not, he did not finish the food. Barely even half went down. He couldn't sleep at all, and he felt miserable.

"What should I do?" He asked the air while he caressed Nai. That was the only thing that gave him some sort of comfort at the moment.

Last edited:
Once he reached the border Adrian flew all the way back to the castle. His brother was less than enthused to see him but thankfully didn't ask for an explanation as to his sudden return. It wasn't like he had given much of one when he had left either, leaving the ambassador who was supposed to be sent along as well behind.

He was a ghost after that, mostly locked up in his tower pouring over books and trying to forget about Paris. He barely slept at all and eventually threw himself into making the most complicated magical items which were the only things that required enough concentration that he could be at peace for a while.

Nai decided this was the time to speak. "You could go after him. You have more than enough power to get out of here regardless of the precautions your mother has put up."

Last edited by a moderator:
Paris froze for three whole seconds. Then he almost fell off the chair as his brain caught up to him. Nai was speaking? Since when had that been possible? "Y..you can speak?" He asked quite surprised. Who wouldn't be? He had never shown any signs of being able to speak before. He was more like a small guinea pig. Cute, adorable, cuddly, and not very talkative. Of course Nai had always been smarter than a guinea pig, though Paris had thought it might be on the level of a dog or something like that. Not a human.

"I'm not sure what's going on here, but you're definitely wrong. I have no power to get passed the guards. And even if I could get passed them, how would I be able to find him? I don't know if he went back home or if he went to another country. I don't even know how his country looks like. I would most likely get lost even if I were able to get there." The more excuses he came up with, the more the knot in his stomach turned. Staying felt so wrong. He had to speak to Adrian. Finding out what exactly had happened. But so far he was only able to pop some bubbles and make some light with his magic. And he couldn't find any other way to get around the guards.

Nai ginned at his reaction, it was pretty much everything he could have hoped for. "Of course I can speak~" He floated up in the air and twirled around before coming to a stop and giving Paris a dour look. He was completely unimpressed with the litany of excuses. "You are simply inexperienced, with me tutoring you would be able to do those high level spells like invisibility no problem and since you have me and I know everything that Adrian does and everything he has thought up until you claimed me I know exactly where he is and even what he is probably doing at this very moment." He put his hands on his hips and did a terrible job of trying to look impressive when he was all of 3 inches tall.

Paris had to hold back a laughter when Nai tried his best to look impressive. If it had been the real Adrian, then it would have looked incredibly impressive, sexy even. But on someone no bigger than a hand, it did loose that charm. The prince did shake for a few moments before he could collect himself and stop smirking. After that he could start thinking about Nai's words.

"But... What if he doesn't want me to come? He must have left for a reason. Maybe I'll just make it worse by chasing after him." Paris said. He knew that he wanted to find Adrian to get a proper explanation and hopefully get him to come back so that they could solve everything. But truth be told, he had no idea if Adrian even wanted to see him again. What if he just left because he was tired of playing this game. Maybe the note was partly a lie. That was something he hadn't wanted to think about before, but he did know it was a possibility. He just wanted everything to be a misunderstanding. But how likely was that?

Nai rolled his eyes and stomped his foot. "Of course he left for a reason. He left because he thought he ignore that big soft heart of his and when he couldn't he got overwhelmed and ran away! You're both going to be miserable unless you go find him and smack some sense into that silly head of his." At this point the tiny thing was flailing his arms in the air. "You'll go crazy if he doesn't explain it to you right? As a prince it is your right to seek out your own answers regardless of what your mother thinks."

It was a bit hard to take the small creature seriously when he was flailing his arms every which way. "You're wrong. It is not my right as a prince to seek my own answers. As a prince I only have a duty to take care of my people and that's it." Paris corrected him once he was certain that he wouldn't burst out laughing when opening his mouth. "But I do have that right as a human being." A warm smile came across his face, the first one in over a week. He had to find Adrian and get an explanation out from him. He weren't sure if that would lead to a breakup or if they could fix the crack in their relationship. But he wouldn't be able to let go like this.

"First off, we need a way to get out of the castle unseen." Paris already knew who to contact to get their family's private jet ready, and a chauffeur to drive him to the airport. The problem was to get past the guards. Though Nai had said that he could teach him an invincibility spell. Though considering what time it took for Adrian to teach him just the simplest of spells, he weren't too sure how long he would have to wait. It wasn't like he could wait six months before he got going. Just one day more would be agonizing enough.

Nai smirked. "I sense your doubt. Well as you may have noticed before, I am able to enhance your ability to do spells and that includes invisibility. The trick is for you to first master the spell on me and then it will be much easier to apply to yourself." He was starting to sound a lot like Adrian now in teacher mode. "It shouldn't be too much of a jump though if need be we can just work on a spell transference instead and I should be easily able to guide you through that." He paused for a few moments as he decided how to put over the lesson.

"Now, invisibility is actually a pretty multifaceted spell, you've already seen that it comes in two variations with big me. The best for you is the personal spell which is similar to having the best camouflage ever. You imagine yourself taking on the appearance of everything around you to the point that it is entirely seamless and the world can see through you. Or me, in this case."

Paris tried his best to follow Nai's explanation, but still he couldn't help but feel slightly lost. He knew that it wasn't a complicated explanation or anything, but even so it felt hard to follow. Maybe he couldn't get into it as well when Adrian wasn't there. He had to though, otherwise Adrian would never come back.

The prince took a deep breath and tried to focus again. If he could get through this, then he might be able to meet Adrian again. The knowledge that he would be able to meet Adrian again had to become his focus point. Otherwise he might just give up without even realizing it. "So.. I should just imagine you take on the appearance of everything around you then?" He confirmed before doing anything else. Once getting the approved sign, he tried it out.

Closing his eyes he felt the golden strings surround him. Somehow it felt more chaotic than usual. Focus. FOCUS. He told himself. Never had his thoughts been so disarranged. It felt as if everything already was falling apart. But then he remembered. He had to concentrate. He had to master the spell to get to where Adrian was. He stopped thinking focus. Instead he turned his thoughts to Adrian. Almost immediately he could feel the strings of light become orderly again. Instead of going every which way, they followed the path he chose.

While the spell wouldn't have been considered done fast, it was at the very least the fastest Paris had finished a completely new spell. Maybe a bit of motivation was all he needed. As he opened his eyes he were just able to see Nai's head disappearing. Then the little creature was gone from sight.

Staring blankly at the place Nai had been standing at, paris wondered if he actually had done the spell correctly or if Nai simply had disappeared on his own. Nai had been gone a lot during the days between the press conference and Adrian's disappearance, and Paris had never been sure if he just ceased to exist for a few hours or if he actually still were a solid being.

"Nai?" He asked just to make sure.

"Here!" Nai spoke from next to Paris's right ear before floating up again unseen. "Not too bad at all." The pride was obvious in his voice, though just who he was proud of was a toss up, the egotistical thing that he was. "You'll be out of here in no time." He was silent for a few moments longer as he floated in slow invisible circles around Paris's head. "Now comes the trick, you need to do so on yourself and maintain it for however long it takes for you to get out of here while not doing anything strange like opening doors." All these things Adrian had to consider every time he went invisible. He gave an annoyed huff. "Those camera's of your mothers are quite annoying, thank goodness he fried all the ones in here."

That seemed a bit tricky. Not only did he have to get out of the castle with magic he wasn't used to using. But he also had to come up with a plan for how to go after he had gotten out. There was the private family jet, but it was located at the airport and he couldn't drive. Though the driver probably didn't know that Paris was being shut inside the castle. His mother probably only told the guards to not let him out of the castle grounds so that rumors wouldn't spread. After the incident with the leaked video tape, she didn't trust the staff too much. As long as he could get past the guards he could probably get out of there without any problems. It would just be to tell the driver that he would meet up with an ambassador at the airport. He had done that before. And the pilot didn't have any instructions of not allowing the crown prince aboard the plane. His parents had never really bothered to tell others what the prince could and couldn't do as they knew he followed the rules they gave him. It was good he'd never gotten into any rebellious phase.

"For that I will need some practice. It would be bad if I only got halfway to the garage just to become visible right in front of the guards." Paris mentioned. He wished to leave immediately, but he knew that the more impatient he was, the more likely it was that he would screw up. If his mother knew about his magical skills, she would most likely keep an even closer eye on him, and make sure Nai didn't get to talk to him and give him even more ideas and magic tricks.

Paris practiced the spell all day long, forcing himself not to rush it. He wouldn't be able to leave that very day either way. While he could get a hold of the driver at any time, the same couldn't be said for the jet pilot. He needed at least some hours notice to get to the plane as he didn't need to be at work every day of the week, nor even every week of the month. He got called in when he was needed. Paris was certain the man must have some other job, since his mother and father didn't travel nearly as often enough for him to get enough hours for a high salary. As the night approached and the young prince and Nai had tried out the spell many times, and he even sneaked out a couple of times to see if someone noticed him, Paris finally decided that he was sure he could get to the garage without problems. He made the arrangements with the pilot, but would wait with the driver until the last minute the next day as it was a higher risk for his mother to speak to him than to the pilot during that time period.

As he laid down in the bed he had a hard time falling asleep, even though he had exhausted himself with practice all day. "Are you sure you can find him if we make it to his country?" Paris asked Nai, still worried over everything. What if they couldn't find Adrian? What if he found him but was rejected immediately without any explanation? What if he was stopped before even getting to the jet? So much could go wrong, and he was scared. If everything went as planned, he would definitely smack Adrian hard for forcing him into such a situation.

Nai gave an annoyed sigh from his comfortable position curled up in a bed made of Paris's shoulder and hair. "I could find him anywhere, including in a giant magical maze if it somehow comes to that. You just focus on how you're going to knock some sense into him." Honestly that was probably the least of their worries, considering how easily Adrian had folded to Paris before. Of greater importance was the reaction of Adrian's brother and the country in general and a million other things related to that. It wasn't like Paris could just fly in on that machine of his, there was no place for it and it would probably get blasted out of the sky well before it made it to the capital.

The trip was quite likely going to be more interesting than the arrival.

Paris chuckled at the remark. He weren't sure if he actually would go there to knock some sense into Adrian or if he simply would listen to what he had to say and then leave. It all depended on what had happened. What if the thing Adrian wrote about in his letter would make Paris feel so betrayed he didn't want to be around his lover any longer? An unlikely scenario, but it might happen. All he knew was that he wanted to know the whole truth and figure out himself what he wanted to do after that. If he then decided that Adrian needed a reality check, then he would gladly beat some sense into him.

"We'll just have to wait and see what happens." The prince said, not promising to do anything.

Sleep came to him slowly, but it did come eventually. Incredibly enough he even felt well rested the next day. Immediately in the morning, Paris started to pack. One of the items was a map of Adrian's country, which was satellite photos from space, it was incredible how good they could zoom in. It was mainly for the pilots sake they had those maps, they wouldn't be any good if they had to find their way in a city. But Nai could probably help with that. As he had said, he could find Adrian even in a maze. He also packed a couple of clothes just in case it would take a while to arrive, money in case something went wrong, though that would only help within his own borders, and some food. It was best to be prepared for anything.

They waited until after the chef had left the breakfast so the guards would see him in his room in the morning, that way they wouldn't notice his absence before at least lunch. Then he sent a text message to the chauffeur to get ready to leave for the airport. "Are you ready?" He asked Nai. His window was opened, and before he started to climb out of it he cast the invisibility spell over himself. It was important not to loose it once outside.

To get into the garage he would have to get back inside through another door or window, so he waited beside one of the doors for a few minutes until someone walked outside, then he took the chance to sneak in. All well so far. The worst thing was his feet. It felt as if they made an earthquake every time they hit the floor. But people were chatting and didn't notice the invisible prince sneaking around. Once someone had heard him breath out a sigh and turned around, then they had become frightened because they thought it might be a ghost. After all, a lot of people, both servants and royals, had died in that castle throughout history.

But except for that little mistake, no one noticed him, and he made himself visible as he entered the garage. The chauffeur was waiting for him. He opened the door for the prince, closed it and went to the drivers seat. He didn't ask questions or say a word. He already knew where they were going, and that was all he needed to know. Now they were on their way.

Since Paris had his hands full with just the invisibility spell Nai took care to vanish himself and perhaps used some of the prince's own magic to cover minor sounds he made and the like. He didn't mention this to Paris of course because it wasn't necessary. The important thing was that they make it safely to the limo.

Once inside Nai sat casually on Paris's shoulder, now visible once more. "Well, the easy part is done." He said cheerfully. "Now we just need to ensure you survive the trek through our country." He paused an tilted his head. "That is the next question really, if you went in in all your princely glory you could probably get the border guards to set you up with a carriage and such, though it would involve them sending messages back and forth and Adrian hearing about your impending arrival. As the royal magician he would be the one receiving the messages before passing them on to the king." Even Nai wasn't quite sure what Adrian would do in that situation.

Luckily the limo was divided so that the driver couldn't hear what was said in the back. Otherwise he might actually start question what was going on with their conversation. Everyone knew that the queen didn't allow the young prince to leave the country since they had left without him dozens of times ever since he was born. So for him to suddenly go alone was unthinkable.

"And you honestly believe that Adrian will let me come? If they send message of my arrival, he would probably send a message back for me to return to my own country." Paris reminded Nai. Adrian would probably refuse an audience with him no matter what. If it had been that easy to meet him, then he could just have sent a letter telling him to come back, that would have been just as effective.

"If I just could learn that damn flying spell quicker, then it would be easy to get through the country." The young prince sighed. It was unusual for him to swear, but this was certainly a good moment in his opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.