1. Adept
  2. Advanced
  3. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Female
CLOSED TO @Marianne AND @MaryGold

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Did you make my breakfast, Charlotte?"

The high pitched, very annoying tone of Charlotte's step mother rang through her ears as she had just stepped out of the shower. The brunette heaved an almost exhausted sigh as she towel dried her hair. "Yes, Maxine, it's on the table," she called back from her doorway before going to throw on a pair of jeans and a baggy baseball jersey.

When her father had passed, Maxine had automatically claimed all the money and his garage and diner since no will had been found. Charlotte hated every fibre of her being, along with her two horrible kids that were unfortunately, the same age as her older brother which meant they all attended the same school.

Just for another year and then you'll be free of her, she kept telling herself every time Maxine asked her to cook or every time her step sister Macy tried to get her to do her homework for her, or every time her step brother Mark tried to make her life hell by getting her to clean up the house after one of his crazy parties. Or generally just blaming the party on her if it wasn't cleaned up on time.

When he could, her older brother Chris would take the blame but he was hardly around because Maxine kept him so busy in the garage. It was like she knew he was trying to help her and Maxine wanted no happiness to come to either of them.

Her only form of escape was her art. Her art, her photography, her music... and her mystery boy.

She had started emailing him during the summer. It had been an accident really, she couldn't even remember how it started, but it was the best thing in her life right now. From emails, they went to texting and it became a regular thing. She found she could confide in him about anything -- except who she really was. Right from the start she had been under a screen name. 'DreamerGirl'. From what she learned, he attended the same high school as she did. And the last thing she wanted to do was scare him off after revealing she was the loser that had to wait tables for a living to earn her own college fund.

She might meet him one day... just not yet.

Nevertheless, she sent a goodmorning text that morning like she did every morning before grabbing her bag and running out the front door to meet her best friend who would be picking her up before her step mother could say anything.

--------------------------------------------​

Christopher might show how much he hated his job to his step mother but in reality, he kind of enjoyed it. He got to work with cars, and he didn't have to do it while having his horrible step mother or step siblings breathing down his back. In a way it was kind of an escape and he was glad for it. He just wished he could help his sister achieve the same since he knew she got it worse than he did, mostly because he was hardly ever around to let his step mother boss him about.

He tried to go home whenever he knew Charlotte was there so that he could bear the burden for a while, but when Maxine figured that out, she started making him work overtime at the garage. He hated it, but he had to tell himself it was just another year. After that... He didn't know what he could do but he had to take his sister away from that toxic household. They could find a way to manage for themselves.

It would have been easier if they got their actual salaries from their jobs but Maxine took 50% each time.

"Hey, Chris, you can head on to class. Don't be late. I got everything set up here so it's all good," Chris heard Alex say. He looked up from the bonnet of the car he had been taking a look at to see the older man wiping his hands on a dish cloth. Alex was probably the only reason Chris didn't lose it. He was one of the few adults that Chris could trust because he had helped out from the minute his father had passed away.

"Are you sure? It's okay if I miss first period," he offered. He would probably skip it anyway to sleep for an hour or something. He was exhausted.

"No, you head on to class. Can't be missing out anything in your senior year. This decides your future," he told Chris sternly and Chris chuckled a little and nodded.

"Alright," he responded and headed to the back where there was a locker room. He had a quick shower and slipped into jeans and a loose flannel shirt before hurrying out to the front desk where his bag was.

"Don't get into trouble!" Alex called out after him and Chris laughed before mounting his bike and beginning to cycle to school. That was really his only mode of transport. Until he could afford a car for himself one day. He was hoping it would be soon.

He parked his bike and put on the lock before heading into the school and searching for his locker while running a hand through his slightly damp hair. He made a mental note to find Charlotte during lunch or a free period and see how she was doing since he hadn't seen her since lunch the previous day.

For now though, he headed to the auditorium where he figured it would be empty and he coul get some shut eye for the first hour.

• Love
Reactions: MaryGold
J U L I E T T E
"Juli, dear," Frances Dupont, Juliette's father, but most importantly the CEO of Aurora clothing line. Meaning he was a very busy man as well as famous and wealthy. It was shown in the way he walked, talked and lived. And, obviously, it showed in his family as well. He made sure all of them were dressed appropriately, fashionably.

She didn't mind in the least.

"Erm, yes, papa?" She replied to her father from her spot at the dining room table. It was large dining room with an equally as large table. It was long, but not too long so they could still communicate without yelling. Her father sat at one end, her mother on the other, she at the side and her older brother on the other across from her.

She looked to her father, raising an eyebrow. She didn't mean to sound so skeptical when coming addressing him, but she had some sneaking suspicion what it was he wanted from her. She would only answer her the same as always.

Frances set down his fork and folded his hands. "Don't you think you should start dating? I know many wonderful young men who are immensely interested."

"Oooh, Juli, yes, I've seen them." Her mother added with a stunning smile.

Juliette rolled her eyes and groaned. They had this conversation a hundred times already and she knew he wouldn't give, but neither would she. So, the answer would always be the same.

"I'm sorry, papa. But, no." Juliette stood up from her seat after pushing her plate of breakfast away. Se was no longer hungry and she had to pick up Charlotte anyway. "Most fathers would try to keep their daughters, not give them away."

She shook her head at him once. With that, she walked away, heading to the garage after picking up her bag. She used her car keys to open the door to her lovely blue porches and wasted no time making her way to Charlotte's house.

"Goood morning, Lottie," Juliette greeted her the same as always, her using singsong voice. A grin spread across her face
as she pulled off, only after she joined her inside the vehicle.

A L E X A N D E R
Alex sighed heavily as he walked down the busy school halls.

The Dupont had made it to school early, as usual. He wasn't surrounded by friends and other people of the like, not as usual. The only reason being was because his father was pushing the same subject as always. He wanted him to get involved in the company in anyway he could. And why? So he could take over.

He swore, no matter how many times he tried to protest the man never listened. Not even when he wanted to pursue a vastly different career than business and fashion. That he had a band and he wanted to make it big with them. Of course, he could never tell his father that. It would have been easier to come out as gay.

So, he avoided his large group of friends to think to himself for a little while. He stopped at the auditorium doors when his ringtone for his phone's text messages went off. It was from DreamerGirl. He smiled.

It was only a simple good morning, but it had brought a brilliant smile to his face.

He had met the girl a while ago over the internet under the name of MysticGuitar. And from there things sort of just took a turn for the best. He had never felt more comfortable with one person before despite not knowing what they looked like or sounded like or anything.

The brunette began to write a text back, a rather long one, he wanted to confide in the girl. He needed someone to talk to, someone that wouldn't judge and would understand. As he began typing in his text, he walked through the double doors of the auditorium for privacy. Carelessly, strolling inside the room, he bumped into the back of a blonde individual.

Last edited:
C H A R L O T T E
"Hey," she replied to Juliette as she got into her car. She always enjoyed riding in her car because that was the moment of the day that she knew she would be away from her horrible household and was free. For a couple of hours at least.

Well, not entirely. Her step siblings were seniors at her school so it wasn't entirely convenient. But it was better to be in school with her best friend and brother than to be home alone with her step mom and step siblings.

"How's your morning so far? Tell me good things because that way I don't have to think about my morning," she murmured as the car made it's way to their school.

As usual, Charlie rolled down her window and casually balanced her elbow on the edge while she let the cool breeze hit her face.

"Say, are you in the drama club? I hear they're having auditions today,"
She told her friend and glanced over. She liked acting and singing but she mostly did that in her own privacy. She did most things in privacy, especially her art and photography.

C H R I S T O P H E R​

Chris had been about to find a spot in the back rows to settle in and sleep -- the back was the best because it was dark there so even if the drama club came in, he would be hidden. For the most part anyway.

But then he felt someone bump into him and he was sure he had been caught. He was about to make some hullshit excuse -- years of lying to his stepmom helped with that -- when he noticed that he just bumped into a student.

Well, not just any student. He knew Alexander. He was one of the most popular guys in school while Christopher... Wasn't exactly anything at all. He rarely took part in any extra curriculars. He didn't have the time.

"Sorry," he murmured as he steadied himself. "The room's pretty dark and I didn't hear you come in. You trying to find some place to relax as well?" He asked in an attempt to make small talk but he was eyeing the back row, his eyelids heavy. He really needed some sleep.

J U L I E T T E
Juliette tilted her head to the side a little. Had she had a good morning? Not exactly. It was getting overly annoying with her father's constant pestering about the suitors he had lined up for her. It was absolute blasphemy to her. Didn't they live in the twenty-first century? Who even did arranged marriages anymore.

Though, she decided not to go into depth about it because then she would go on a rant. Frankly, she could complain easily, but Charlotte had it worse than her by far. So, she really had no right to bitch about her life like it was so difficult when it was better than most.

"My papa is trying to get me to date his personally selected suitors again." She rolled her eyes as if the whole thing was amusing. And it was. "Dating anyone he's picked would be a nightmare." She chuckled softly as she turned a corner and into the school district.

"Drama club? Why? Do you want to join?" The French girl asked, raising an eyebrow and glancing at her best friend momentarily.
A L E X A N D E R
It was a soft impact, so there was no harm done, but it was enough for Alex to come back to his senses. He looked at Christopher, not quite recognizing who he was, but he had seen him around before. Though he didn't think too long about it and instead took a step back.

"There's no need to apologize," smiled Alex, a friendly smile. He rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly. "I was the one who bumped into you so I owe you the apology."

Quickly, he shoved his cell phone into his back pocket, a little conscious. Of course, there was no way this guy had read his mind or knew of his thoughts, but he still couldn't help but be cautious. He was in one of his most vulnerable moments when he was writing that text.

"I'm Alex." He extended his hand for him to shake. "And you are?"

C H A R L O T T E
Charlotte shook her head. "Nah, I like to keep my acting out only to my stepmother," and step siblings but her step mother was definitely worse. Well, actually it was hard to tell who was worse out of the three. They were all just as mean and she couldn't wait till her brother graduated because then she didn't have to stay with them anymore.

"I'm sorry to hear that you have to get suitors like that," she added on and glanced over at Juliette momentarily. "I think you can stand your own ground though. Don't let them take over your life with all that," she told her because she had strong feelings about it too. She didn't believe anyone should get to choose what someone else did for the rest of their life.

They had arrived at school and when the car was parked, she hopped out and shouldered her backpack before straightening her tank top. "I have free period first," she told her best friend. "What about you?" She was glad they were in the same class because that way they at least shared some classes, if not all. She made a mental note to find her brother during her first free hour. She knew he would be crashing somewhere, looking for some much needed sleep.

C H R I S T O P H E R

Christopher stuck out his hand in return for Alex to shake in an introductory greeting. "Chris," he introduced himself. "I think we're in the same class, or at least have a couple of classes together," he told Alex. He knew that they were but because he was tired, he was getting some of his facts a little jumbled up and he wasn't really thinking straight.

"If you were looking for some privacy like I was, you're free to do so. I was just going to take a nap before the bell," he admitted once he retracted his arm and rubbed the back lf his neck sheepishly. He didn't want to have to explain why so he already began to walk backward and into one of the rows of seats. They were actually pretty comfy.

"Nice meeting you, Alex," he told the other male with a smile and a wave as he sat down and kicked his feet up over the chair in front of him. Shrugging off his jacket, he draped it over his face and closed his eyes to try and fall asleep.

Status
Not open for further replies.