・Lungs・

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Florence soon got a hold of his dog, and attached him to his leash. "Miccy-Ds?" He decided, softly shewing the other dogs. He pulled a pair of sunglasses out of his jacket pocket, and placed them over his face. He exchanged his real glasses for the shades. "Wear these," He said, giving them to Nathaniel.

"Pretend I'm blind, so Water-Lou can come in with us." He said, with a smirk. He didn't have a cane, but the dog was strong enough to make sure that he didn't run into things. They walked off for a while, before they neared the parking lot. "Alright, my name is Arthur Fonzarelli, and you're Pinky Duskidero. You're my therapist, and this is," Florence petted the dog. "Water-Lou."

Nate was baffled for a bit, but before he could really catch up on what was going on, he walked into the McDonald's.

Nate was by no means an actor. He could hardly lie, let alone act. One of the workers took a glance over at them, eyeing Water-Lou, and Nate felt an embarrassed blush and he immediately looked down. "Flor- A-Arthur!" He hissed under his breath. "Are you sure about this?! What if-"

"Welcome to McDonald's! How may I help you?" Nate stiffened up immediately. "A big mac for me." He muttered, trying hard not to look at the employee in the eyes. He could see several children walking up to Water-Lou, trying to pet the dog, and several other of the adults looking over at Florence, trying to be discreet in their curious looks.

He could hear sneezing somewhere in the distance. Oh my goodness, were they just sneezing? Or was someone going to be deathly allergic to dogs and then start passing out right away? Nate was already having a mini heart attack.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Yes, hello, I am blind." He stated. "I want I kids meal." Florence said, blindly grouping at the counter.
"Uh, sir--"
"Archie Mozzarella."
"From Happy Days?"
"No." Florence said. "I want a chicken McNugget."
"You can't have dogs in here."
"I'm blind."
The worker looked at him.
"Do you want yogurt with that?" She asked,
"Fries." Florence siad.
"You get fries anyway."
"I want more fries. You know what? No, I want a twenty-piece chicken nugget meal, super sized, but put into a kids meal. With a girls toy." He said, finally. "And the biggest size of soda you have."
"Are you two paying together?"
Florence pretended to blindly look for his wallet, and he tossed the worker a twenty. "We are eating here." He declared.

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
Nate was too stunned to argue with the payment.

When they went to get their drinks, Nate immediately grabbed Florence's cup to avoid any suspicion of him making a blind man somehow get his own drinks. "What do you want?" He asked, still unsure about the whole ordeal.

After getting the drinks, he handed Florence his drink and took a sip. He looked over at the group of people in the back of McDonald's. They kept looking over at Florence, pointing fingers at him and whispering. They were also trying to shove a 20 piece box into a small happy meal box. They even waved a toy around, questioning each other whether or not they give a toy to two grown men or not. Last minute, they finally decided to put it on top and shut the box. After a few minutes, they called their number, and Nate went over to grab their trays.

He had to admit, the whole entire scene was funny. He chuckled a bit under his breath, but quickly tried to hide it. No. No. Stop. This was bad. This was illegal-- right? "You do this often?" He took a glance over at Florence, knowing full well that the other boy could also see the chaotic scene he created.

• Love
Reactions: Dip
Florence let his dog sit in the booth, it's giant head lolling over the table. Water-Lou rested his head down and began to sleep, while drooling gently. Good dog. Best friend. Florence just stared straight into the distance, and answered the other's question. "Yeah." He said. "I mean, I would never let my favorite little guy out in the old, would I?"

He scratched Water-Lou behind the ear. "I usually decide this in advanced. I showed up pretending to be an FBI agent once. Another time, I was with my mom, and I pretended to only speak in Pig-Latin. Another time," Florence stifled a laugh. "I only spoke in rhymes. It's so much fun pretending to be things that annoy people."

Florence took his box, and dumped it upside down. He placed a few fries in front of Water-Lou, and he licked them up in one bite. "Thanks, Pinky."

Nate's eyes were wide at Florence's impressive lying resume. "Just... for the heck of it?" He asked curiously, quite intrigued by how much of a 'criminal' jokster Florence really was. He wondered if Valencia also partook in those activities, but he thought it best not to ask. "And in rhymes? Well, those people must have been quite pissed off." He cracked a smile at the thought of the confused and flustered face of the employees as they tried to wrap their mind around riddles.

Nate took a bite out of his Big Mac, taking pleasure in the obviously completely-unhealthy food.

Then, an employee walked up to them. "I'm sorry sirs..." The girl said with much conviction and determination. "We're going to have to ask you to leave, because of your dog. Someone is allergic here."

Nate looked up at them. "But he's... blind, he needs the dog."

"Still, the person is allergic and can't enjoy their food if they keep sneezing. It's for their safety."

Nate frowned a bit. He could just stand up and leave - something he would normally do. Or he could try something... Different. Play along with Florence's little game. What did he say he was? Oh right, a therapist. He glanced nervously at Florence, but then decided on his choice. "No. We have as much of a right to be here. Are you trying to discriminate my client against eating here just because he's blind? That's illegal, you know."

The girl frowned, still holding her grounds. "No, that's not it! He could eat here, but the dog needs to go!"

"He needs the dog. Are you trying to take away Archie's only way of getting around? How cruel could you be?!" To anybody who was paying attention, Nate was obviously a bad actor. He was being much too dramatic, trying much too hard. But the girl was too flustered at being accused to notice. "Archie, what do you think?" Nate then turned to his partner in crime. "How do you feel about this?"

• Love
Florence tried to stifle his laughter, and he decided to play it off as crying. He pretended to cry, taking a napkin and dabbling his eyes. "Why is the world so cruel?" He said, hugging his dog and crying even further. He stuffed a chicken nugget into is mouth, while crying. This was so much fun. He was proud of Pinky for thinking up something like this.

"Mister-Mister Tuskidero, I think I need to pr-practice my breathing exercises again." He said, groping around for a paper bag and breathing into it. "Misses, you-you-re upsetting my dog." He placed the bag to his dog's mouth, and the dog sniffed into the bag. What a good dog.

• Love
Nate tried really hard not to burst out laughing right there and then. The girl was in shock when she saw 'Archie break down in tears'. "I-I'm sorry! I meant nothing of it! Truly! I'm sorry! To both you... and your dog!" Her face flushed red as she realized that everyone around them was looking at them. "S-Sorry!!!" She cried out once more, before running off in embarrassment.

Nate waited until she was truly gone, and then turned around to all the staring eyes. "What? We would like to eat in peace, if you don't mind!" He then stood up to pat Florence on the back, "There, there Archie. The mean girl is gone now." The crowd of people whispered a bit, but they quickly looked away when they were pointed out by Nate.

He then leaned down to whisper into Florence's ears a bit. "This is fun! I can see why you do this all the time now."

• Love
Florence snickered, and lifted his head. He grabbed a piece of chicken nugget, and gave it to his favorite dog. "We should do this more often." He smiled, stuffing his face with the cheap food. This was so much fun. It had been a fun day. He made sure to give some of his fries to the other, as well as some for his dog, for being the best actor there was.

It wasn't long before the two were done, and they decided to leave the situation. Florence took his dog, and walked out of the seat. "This is by far the WORST McDonald's experience Water-Lou, Pinky and I have EVER had." Florence declared. "I am giving this eating establishment a four out of five on Four-Square.

"But you BLIND." One of the workers yelled.
"DON'T SASS ME LADY."

It wasn't long before they were gone, and they strolled out of the place with full stomachs and big smiles.

• Love
He couldn't hold it in anymore, after Florence cried out 'sass', Nate burst out laughing. "That was great, did you see the look on their faces?!" He smiled over at Florence, all of his morning anger and anxiety seemed to have vanished for the day.

But of course, that was a lie.

Suddenly, his phone rang. Nate blinked for a bit and pulled out his phone. His eyes went wide at the caller ID and he immediately pressed the 'end' button without meaning to. He paled, immediately regretting his choice. "My mom..." He muttered a bit, before Florence could ask. "Should I call back?" He looked up at him, unsure on what to do.

He wasn't ready to end the day of fun quite yet. He wanted it to continue. But... His mother...

Florence cleared his voice, and grabbed the phone. "I got this covered." He said. Florence pressed call, and waited till the phone started ringing before he cleared his throat. Years and years of strange voices was going to help him out after so long of oppression.

"Ellohay?" He asked, in a very feminine voice. That one usually came in handy when he called in late for school.
"Hello? Nathaniel Cross, do not play games with me, young man."
"Atwhay ethay ellhay othermay. Iyay amyay okingsmay otpay andyay orshipingway atanSay. Iyay ovelay uckingsay ockcay. Ockcay inyay ymay outhmay allyay ayday."
"..Nathan?"
"Owhay isyay Athannay? Athanielnay oveslay enispay. Enispay enispay enispay enispay!"
"I-I'm sorry, I have the wrong number..."
"Yebay itchbay."

Florence shut the call off, and handed it to the other. "What do you want to do now?"

• Love
Nate couldn't believe his ears. It didn't take him long to figure out what Florence was saying, but instead of paling, as he normally would have, he just started to laugh. If only his mother understood exactly what Florence was saying to her! He was trying to imagine the look on her face! Priceless!

"That was..." He grinned, taking the phone back from him, "awesome. Thanks." At first, he glanced down at his phone, realizing that his mom wasn't going to call for a while. He might still get in trouble when he got home, but the whole scene just then? Worth it.

"Looks like Water-Lou is getting tired, right?" Nate observed, glancing over at the giant who was sleeping just a few minutes earlier. "Should we head back to your place?"

"Can we stop at the gas station?" Florence asked, with a pleading smile. "Come on, I just want a slushie." He said. But he had a feeling that no matter what excuse he would use, the other would always tell what he wanted. Maybe he would have to go without a fix for today. Florence let the dog ride him towards the 7-11, ready to behold a bright purple slushie.

"I'll even get you a doughnut." He liked doughnuts, right? She who will not be named really liked them. Sure, they had to have some similarities. He hoped they did, atleast. Even if it was just faintly. Florence thought this briefly, before mentally pulling out a revolver and shooting himself in the head.

Nate eyed him suspiciously, his initial response was to deny the boy of any supposed 'slushie' he was going to get, because he knew that the red head was aiming for something else.

But at the mention of donuts, he lost all will to say no. "Sure." He immediately mentally slapped himself, but he couldn't stop. "As long as we get those jelly filled ones!" Being siblings, it was what Valencia and him lived off of as children. Their parents hated it, but Valencia always had a way of conning the people at the gas station in giving them some free ones. It was the one illegal act that Nate willingly partook in. For the sake of those delicious, sweet heavenly-filled dough? He would even kill for them... maybe.

"Also, no cigarettes." He added as they approached the 7-11. There, he carefully eyed Florence, "okay? You already smoked some this morning, after all." Nate held the door opened for Florence and Water-Lou.

Florence put his glasses on, and let his giant dog lead the way. He pretended to be blind again, but he really didn't have to. It was dark in there, even with the lights on. Florence slowly made his way to the machine, and pawed at it. "Pinky, I want the purple-- er, I want the one that tastes like... purple."

Way to keep it real, Florence. He grabbed a big cup, and slowly placed it under the machine.

"Uhm, sir, we can't have dogs--"
"I HAVE A DISABILITY."

There wasn't any talk after that. Florence soon found the button all by himself and he filled the cup to the brim. He was so ready for that slushie. Once they made their way to the counter, the man slowly asked there was anything else he wanted. Florence was ready to get a pack Native Spirit, but... Florence shook his head slowly, and handed the man the bill.

"No."

He was making progress.

• Love
Nate laughed as the cashier boy didn't quite know what to do about Florence. What kind of blind person knew exactly how much money to pay for his stuff? And what kind of blind person wanted to taste 'purple'?

But the one part that really made Nate happy was the fact that Florence didn't buy any cigarettes. He grinned brightly and proudly at Florence, knowing full well that the other should be able to see and interrupt his smile perfectly fine. Then he took a bite out of his strawberry-jelly donut, instantly letting out a soft moan of happiness. "That hits the spot."

When Florence's house came into view, Nate looked up at the sky. He was actually doing so, thinking about the day he just experienced. But the scenery distracted him from it. The sun was setting quite low, and the sky was already bursting with several shades of red, orange and yellow. "Hey, look up!" He pointed towards the sky, "The sky does a much better paint job than we do. Your mom should have hired it instead." He grinned teasingly.

He couldn't remember when was the last time he gazed up at the sky with such a careless feeling. He certainly wish he could do it more often though.

• Love
Florence pushed his glasses up and smiled. "Speak for yourself. I'm Picasso." He declared, his dog tugging him in the direction of his house. Florence felt happy for the first time in a few days. If he really thought about it, Nathaniel actually made for a really cool person. He made for a really good friend. Florence was happy to have him around.

As weird as it was.

Florence let the other tug along, before they soon reached the house. Florence grabbed his keys from his pocket, and unlocked the front door. "My mom went to work already," He said. "She usually works late. Want to watch something? I have Netflix." Florence said, pushing open the door and watching his dog bolt for the bean-bag chair.

Florence shut the door, and locked it up tight. It wasn't long before he took a large sip from his slushie, and felt his knees buckled. Oh, he loved these things. If he could marry something, it would be this.

Nate rolled his eyes slightly, "Oh yes, your hand print was so much better than mine." He then followed behind Florence, glancing once more back at the sky. A pretty sky for a pretty nice day. Befitting.

He shrugged lightly, "Sure, what sort of shows do you like to watch?" Nate looked around briefly before taking a seat on the couch that he sat on earlier. It seemed like the safest bet to choose. He then made himself comfortable by criss crossing his legs on the seat, looking up at Florence. "I kind of like suspense shows myself, but I'm up for comedy or something if you want."

Florence got his Wii remote, and flicked on his Netflix account. There were two accounts on the screen-- one called 'Birdy' and the other one named 'Yrtle the Turtle'. Florence picked Birdy, and the screen loaded. "I mostly use it to watch The Twilight Zone, or Alfred Hitchcock Presents. I think there might be some good movies, or something."

Florence scrolled down, and soon found the 'suspense' category. He scrolled through, sucking his straw like a little kid. "Have you seen Blue Velvet? It's more like a funny thriller than anything." Florence said, his tongue changing colors as he did. Florence read the description of the movie, like he had seen it a million times. "The discovery of a severed human ear found in a field leads a young man on an investigation related to a beautiful, mysterious nightclub singer and a group of psychopathic criminals who have kidnapped her child. Sound good?"

Nate raised an eyebrow at the name, "Yrtle?" He asked curiously, "Is that for your mom?"

He looked at the movie cover of the movie, and also glanced over at the screen shots that kept showing. "Have you seen it though?" He glanced up at Florence, "We should watch something you haven't seen. It's more fun that way, for the both of us." He also noticed how Florence was sucking on the straw, glad that it wasn't a cigarette in his mouth. Perhaps that was the best way to get him off the habit - by making him chew on other various objects that is far healthier?

Nate filed that information in the back of his head as he looked at Netflix. "If you like Twilight Zone, how about X-Files? I heard that's a pretty good show?"

Status
Not open for further replies.