4.2.0pl1 BUG REPORT THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pressing the Edit Button makes my entire post disappear. If I cancel it, the post is still there but yeah, freaked me out at first. XD

Jared is currently working on the NO-EDIT problem. o___o it is mysterious and irritating.

All the images are upside down. I'm scared and aroused. Someone hold me...

...hard.

Pressing the Edit Button makes my entire post disappear. If I cancel it, the post is still there but yeah, freaked me out at first. XD

This is due to special characters in your post. Typically due to copying out of microsoft word. Pretty much everything on vbulletin supports them besides the editor.

If you click on reply with quote and then click the 'switch editor to source mode' button in the top left corner of the editor you can get a copy of your post with all formatting tags, etc. intact. Special quotes (angled, etc.), dashes, triple dot, accented characters, etc. seem to do it. Not sure if this is a new bug with vbulletin or possibly a new character set Word is using. If you simply paste it (minus the tags the reply automatically puts in) into the blank editor it should work, just keep a copy in notepad just in case.

jared, it does it to me, too, and I don't use Word. I use google drive. And the post I copied from google drive was editable, but when I copied it again from a spot in the forum to another, edited it three times and went away for two days, I came back and THEN it wouldn't let me edit in the new post.

At times, despite the browser or version of Windows I am using, after I edit a post the "Save" (or whatever it was) won't work despite immense amounts of clicking. All it needs is a refresh, but... IT'S IRRITATING!

Roleplay Lobby is lagging pretty bad for some people in Bar Night. It's lagging for me as well. Could it be because we have a lot of people in there or...?

When I go to edit a post, sometimes the text does not appear. And whenever I click "go-advanced" the text completely disappears. If I do not copy my post before editing, I lose it.

This also happens when I go to preview a post or preview my signature - the text box becomes empty and I have to copy the text anew (thankfully the coding/formatting remains, at least sometimes).

Since not all formatting appears in the edit box in WYSIWYG mode, this makes it hard to tell what my posts will look like.

Also, sometimes when I copy/paste several times, random spaces appear between my words, more spaces the more often I have to copy/paste.

Is there anyway to fix that? Any of it?

We are aware of the edit issues and had been trying to fix them with little sucess, however next week we are changing boards so please bare with us!

Status
Not open for further replies.