⌠2nd Xplorer⌡ Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh hey I totally forgot, I don't actually get to attack again do I?

Well, it isn't battle, so you can blast some insects till the next boss.
Let me prepare him...

Take all the time you need, I just arrived at college and as such wont be able to reply.

Quick questions. This still be open? And I have no experience with Dice-based RPs, but can I still play?

As far as I know, that is the case!

I also think I understand the basics enough if you have any questions!

Right then, can you go over how exactly character sheets are made? Like, what do the (3d6) and etc mean?

Alrighty, the class of Crabs is in session!

When making your character, you have to decide your race, class, and other. I'm going to go over these three things because they affect your rolls. The other things, while useful, are thing that don't really need any info, unless you would like me to.

Race is well, race. I chose the shota animal people option. The (2d6) around it means that when I make a roll relevant to my race, I roll two six sided die.

Class is kinda the same thing. Sure you can just choose berserker or mystic, you can also personalize it like "Family taught giant axe berserker" or "Mystic of the hidden order of (insert deity here)" The 4d6 here will be used often during combat.

Other is the most broad, which also means the hardest to choose. It can be ANYHTING you want. A special weapon, a secret organization you are affiliated with, it could also just be a second class! (albeit weaker at 3d6)

You also get 3 rerolls. Don't like one of the dice you just rolled to do something cool? Use a reroll and reroll it! Did Atmo's roll to "mutilate your character" come out extremely high? Make HIM reroll!

Also, since we are kinding adding a tale to our character through our history, you get to add a single die to Race, Class, or Other. That's basically my explanation and understanding of the character creation, feel free to ask for more explanations!

Right, what about appearance though? Sorta noticed that it wasn't in the CS and all, so do advantages given by appearance (such as being a taller than average human) be attributed to the Other section?

Also, do we have to choose between the classes/races that are presented in the OOC? Or can we make up something like...Race: Flying Whale, Class: Politician?

Yah, I'd say the thing you'd want to give you an advantage that's not included in race or class should be in other. They should be unnatural for that race though.

While I can't speak for the GM, I don't think he made those things for them to be not chosen.

Mm, the only problem I have with the current class list is that there's no Rouge/Thief-class, which I've always thought was rather common in regards to Fantasy RPs. Guess I can adapt the Archer class into one though.

Also, the GM isn't going to play as a character himself, right?

If you wanted, you could always use Race, like "Human thief/smuggler"

Well, he has two people right now interacting with my character, but I don't think they would count as PCs as they lack character sheets.

Also Atmo, how should we resolve our initiative tie? An extra 2 rolls?

Last edited by a moderator:
Because they are, till this moment, hidden from public view!

Yes, Crab's explanation was in most correct. For choices in life you can use Other to assign your Thief/Rogue experience and all, but it must be worded in a way that you can use it later.

However, at Level Ups you can change your Other for something more usable in the story.

Name: Lento No-Last-Name
Hook/Tale: A foreigner to these lands, Lento claims to have no memories of his past, with his worldly possessions stored inside his small travel pack. He hails from the north, wearing the pelt of a creature not native to these lands, and is rather tight-lipped about his past and future destinations. Without any particular goal in mind, Lento wanders through the lands, living off his bow, his voice, and his knife. His roaming ways has gathered him more enemies than the average law-abiding civilian, but thankfully, it's also helped him avoid most of those enemies.

Race (2d6): A Human without a Home, Family, or Allegiance (otherwise known as a useless vagrant)
Class (4d6): An Archer with a Rogue-ish Smirk and a Dagger in his Belt
Other (3+1d6): A Charming Singer of Stranger Lands
Rerolls (3): 1
Gear: Reindeer Cloak, Drab Travel Garments, Travel Pack Containing Basic Survival Stuffs, Short Bow, Dagger
Level – EXP/Next: 1 – 62/200
Theme: Fairy Ring

Last edited:
Well I like it.

Theme as in theme music? I should make one too!

Yeah, Human.

Well, adding Human to Race kinda finishes your character sheet. And... maybe the appearance as an illustration (for my lazy brain)​.

All the edits are done. Though where's the image for Crab's character? Unless I missed it.

I never put one down since I never saw an appearance thing on the character sheet. Guess I should scrounge around for a bird shota.

Status
Not open for further replies.