【The Variable Project: Vector】

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
It can be pretty hard coming with a good variable. If you have a weapon type that you've used with fire in the past, just adapting it to a variable version should work fine. As for VECT results, those are just test results that tell what type of variable types your character is most compatible with, so I'd just go with whatever you want most for your character (short ranged fighter, long ranged fighter, mixed range, etc). You aren't limited to just short or long range — it can be short AND long range, if you so desire. That, and you don't have to have fighting utility at all. If you want to build more of a support unit with a mental type variable, have at it. There's really a lot of possibilities.

Also a heads up to everyone about something pretty important I forgot to mention — the setting for this is the United States. Haven't decided what state we'll be based out of yet, so I'm open to suggestions on that.

The only weapon type I've used in the past that had anything to do with fire is bombs, but I wasn't sure if a variable was even possible to explode. I guess I could go with a futuristic compound bow and use flaming arrows, but that seems kinda primitive compared to super awesome weaponized boomerangs. XD

i thought of useing gauntlets similar to Yang's from RWBY. I thought of her being a sniper, but I wasn't sure how to implement her affinity with that.

Maybe I can change her affinity to electricity and have her act like a Sombra type character. xD

The only weapon type I've used in the past that had anything to do with fire is bombs, but I wasn't sure if a variable was even possible to explode. I guess I could go with a futuristic compound bow and use flaming arrows, but that seems kinda primitive compared to super awesome weaponized boomerangs. XD

i thought of useing gauntlets similar to Yang's from RWBY. I thought of her being a sniper, but I wasn't sure how to implement her affinity with that.

Maybe I can change her affinity to electricity and have her act like a Sombra type character. xD
If you use a long range variable, you can use the split offs as explosives. Just don't accidentally blow up your main one, or you'll be out of a variable, haha. Maybe use the main as a sniper that shoots off explosive "rounds".

Reactions: Esmeray
If you use a long range variable, you can use the split offs as explosives. Just don't accidentally blow up your main one, or you'll be out of a variable, haha. Maybe use the main as a sniper that shoots off explosive "rounds".

Okay I was thinking this, but just wasn't sure if it would work. I like this idea. :3

I've been considering a character that uses a melee weapon type variable combined with essentially an exoskeleton type of variable. Is that unreasonable?

I've been considering a character that uses a melee weapon type variable combined with essentially an exoskeleton type of variable. Is that unreasonable?
Care to elaborate a bit more?

The concept was essentially a variable that encompasses their body. I was considering that the character itself was basically paralyzed without it.

You could probably manage something like that with a physical type variable, sure.

@Vio, just finish up your history and personality and I can accept her.

Also, how is everyone else coming along? Probably closing this at four or five completed sheets.

• Thank You
I'm waiting to see if anyone else makes anything before I make mine. If I do make one, I'll make it within an hour or two. (Of deciding to make one)

• Thank You
Reactions: Wryneck
Sorry, I may have to skip this one. Already kinda overloaded on RPs. Good luck though.

Hey mel, I was wondering if it was possible that Robin has a military background where the fleet she was on was attacked by a corrupted constant. She survived the attack just barely (hence her robotic limbs), and have that tie into why she is on this task force?

Sounds fine to me, @Vio!

• Thank You
Status
Not open for further replies.