Ritual of Reconciliation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I made another post for Kazdan, but I wanted to get a feel for where I should be going with the character.

Honest opinion from you guys, is Kazdan not enough of an asshole? Too much of an asshole? Just enough?

I'm having a hard time gauging where to draw the line.

*happy dance* SOMEONE CAME UP WITH THEIR OWN CURSES!!!!! you have no idea how happy that makes me. I didn't actually expect anyone to do it, so awesome.

ahem. herrr..

Right. Good post, and I think Kaz is being just enough of an asshole, at least for now. He's self-centered, disrespectuf and irreverent. Its perfect. also...ehehehehehehe. wait until he sees what Lava wears to the Ceremony. mwahahahah

Yeah, I had actually used "vekk" in a previous post but I didn't properly give it enough context to make it clear that it was a curse word, lol. I made sure to correct that this time (and add a new one)! ^^

So awesome. So vekk and koss are curse words in the language of Ester? HEHEHEHEHE. I am going to use this!

Mostly done with my post, btw. Just working on Van's reaction to Kaz. Heh. Its going to be fun.

Yes. Vekk is basically the same as the English curse word it sort of sounds like. Koss I intend to be similar to saying shit or crap. Verb usage is the same. Vekking, kossing, what the vekk, piece of koss, all that good stuff.

Ah. Good. I'll keep that in mind. I'm just really glad someone took me up on the offer to create their own curses. It adds a bit of depth to the roleplay world, and I love it!

Murasaki and Falcon,

I'd like to ask...Will Oujin ride with Mystisa inside the rickshaw or will she be left alone with the scholars Van brought?

That's up to Falcon. If you guys want, there are two or three horse drawn rickshaws, so they could ride separate or together, its whatever....or, I think Oujin might ride a horse? *shrug* Umm... yeah, so whatever can work.

I was planning on having Oujin ride his own horse, but if he thought the Lady might like/need company he's exactly the type to ride beside her. He doesn't talk much though, at least not at first.
Let me know what you'd like to do.

Oh it's okay. :) I'll just have Mystisa sit alone with the scholars during the trip.

Number 7 : Jwaydan

System of Government:The county was in essence a federation, the villages and towns paid money toward a man who calls himself Floris for military protection and nothing more. Inside the villages and towns there were no laws, if the community said it was so, it was so. There were no laws or ruling forces in the way of the people getting what they wanted. And against popular belief things actually ran efficiently in the nation and there was a very low crime level.

Basic terrain and weather: The nation was big, the terrain and climate varied. The north was beautiful with warm rolling hills, flowers and huge trees. The center was foresty and rainy, the south and east were mountainy and cold and the west part of the realm was warm plains trailing off into a desert.

Notable and Interesting Facts: The people of Jwaydan are known for their acceptance of all people. An author once wrote. "No matter who you are, you have two homes. You're family and Jwaydan." Their economy is centered around travel and brewery. The finest ales and food come out of Jwaydan.

The Floris family was ancient. Living on throughout the ages. It was said the early Floris's mated only with each other as to keep the blood line pure. However eventually it moved from brother and sister to cousin to great distant relatives to very great distant relatives to entirely different famalies. There were several branches of the Floris house, some with different names, others that kept similar names. But most of these branches and people lived under the same roof. The great Palace of Jwaydan. In there they play their silly games of intrigue, fighting over who gets money from certain territories and how they deserve the new taken land in their name.

( Basically the Floris inter-marrying thing is where they had incest for awhile but eventually they branched out. )

Last edited by a moderator:
Hm, very interesting nation, Iron, although I would prefer you to put it in spoilers. I also don't think Federation is the term you are looking for, since there is in fact no government, just a military protectorship with anarchistic nigh sovereign communities that run themselves. Hmmm... Can't wait to see the character you come up with.

[MENTION=4702]LuluRS[/MENTION]! There's only enough room for one womanizer in this here roleplay!

*Old West-style Staredown*

But I'm sure Kazdan can be swayed with a bit of that Velhim...

(I'm kidding. I actually love your post.)

I concur with Fatal! (about the loving your post part, not the rest, that's between you two).

So many interesting characters! slight similarities and yet enough differences that each character is unique.

Is there some sort of list of male / female characters because I would think it would be better if it was 50-50.

I think it's come out about even so far, 5 male and 4 female
There's a quick link section to all the characters' profiles in the second post on the first page if you want names and things.

@LuluRS Love the post :)
Poor Oujin's going to look like such a stick-in-the-mud compared to the others

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 person
Him and Lava both, I think. I mean, she's so damn...just... boring. Well, sort of. ehh...its...I love her, other people haven't...been as enthusiastic...

Iron - There is no list and I didn't want to make one. There is a reason people are mostly listed by nation, with the spots being open genderwise. I didn't want one of those RPs that had to be same number of girls and boys so that everyone could be paired (one, because this isn't a heterosexual only RP, so malexmale and femalexfemale pairings are not only possible, they are probable). I don't mind it being even 50/50 gender wise among the Reconciled, but I didn't want to require it and I don't want to encourage it.

To my mind, the funniest part about this RP is that there is no telling what genders the characters will be (I mean, all the marriages were arranged 50+ years ago, before these people were born, and almost none of them indicate which gender has to be sent). I saw an arrangement marriage RP once which was set up so weird... It was like, all the females were elements, and the males were animals, and the pairings were announced in advance, so the available spots looked like this -
Prince Wolf + Princess Water (or something like that).

People could pick and choose who they wanted to be paired with, based on already submitted character profiles, and they make their profile fit the other character, and all the characters were assumed to be heterosexual and it was just... eww.

So I don't want you to feel like you have to make a female character. Make the character YOU WANT, for the nation you made. Don't worry about making it 50/50, or whatever. I'd like it best, actually, if it wasn't 50/50, because then it seems more natural, a reasonable result from the circumstances described within the RP. If it was exactly even, and all the pairings were Male/female (and there is still no guarantee they will be) it would be... so boring, to me.

Sides, there are non-reconciled characters in the RP, so I am sure the genders will balance out reasonably well. Right now, for example, we have...hmm... 5 females, and 7 male characters. And I have at least one female and one male (well, more like three males, but whatever) in the works. Zen is making an Heir of Atanwan, so that character might be male or female....

Don't worry about genders and making it even. Don't worry about making the matches make sense. This isn't that type of arranged marriage RP. I tried to make the character spots as open and flexible as possible, including gender, sexuality, age (within a limit), culture and government of origin, all of that. Don't worry about gender. Don't even consider it when thinking up your character. it will be better if you make the character you want, not the character you think we need.

Reactions: Nuein
Yes I had figured that out. Thanks for writing such a long thing but it wasn't really needed... I was planning to play a female anyway, ( Not straight though. ) and don't worry because it is the character I want to play. Actually during the creation of my nation I was thinking of playing a very feudalist nation with Lords and Ladies but I decided I would play what I wanted too and see how it worked out. ( Actually the character might change on how my mood progresses during the night. I am hopefully going to be re-watching Much Ado About Nothing, the newer one. )

Oh and I did have a question on how the pairings would work, is it decided once everyone has finished their character? Same thing with the secret relationships? Or are those determined by us?

• Love
Reactions: IceChateau777
Sorry, I just...feel strongly about not making the genders even. Its never worked in any RP I was a member of, so ...yeah.

Um. No. The pairings were decided prior to me posting the roleplay, as were the secondary relationships. I sent out PMs to everyone with a character about who they have to form a secondary relationship with, and once your character is accepted you will get the same PM. matches (pairings) will be announced In Game when the time is right. but they are predetermined.

[MENTION=5122]fatalrendezvous[/MENTION] Saori could never part with his beloved Velhim!

*Stares unblinking, hands at the ready for the draw*

Kazdan will just have to deal.

(But thanks for all the compliments guys. I apologize for taking so long to get the post up @_@ )

• Thank You
Reactions: IceChateau777
Status
Not open for further replies.