Basic Info
=================================================
Name: Aldrich Vonstrogen​
Sexual Orientation: Heterosexual​
Height: 5'10"​
Birthday: 16 of Jala in 924 ER​
=================================================

Details
======================================================================================
Appearance: Aldrich Vonstrogen is a tall, by Winterhual standards, man and has a dark tan characteristic of Winterhual, with oak colored hair that he keeps long and tied back in a pony tail over his sholder. Aldrich has bright green eyes that some would say are telling of his cunning. Like most residents of Winterhual Aldrich wears light airy clothes with dark neutral browns and grays with bright red and yellow accents reminiscent of middle-eastern clothing. Aldrich has a chiseled squarish face to go with his square shoulders and athletically built body.

He typically wears loose short sleeve shirts of an light olive or brown color with red scroll-work embroidery around the cuffs and neck. On his lower half he wears loose tan colored pants that flare out around the thigh but are tied back around his ankles with gold colored rope. to complete his appearance he usually wears a thin red or yellow scarf and a gold embroidered wide blue or green belt.

Family/Friends:
Aldrich is the son of Gerard Vonstrogen, the Current King of Wind. Aldrich is for the most part responsible for his fathers position as it was his political maneuvering and gambits that set his family up to take the Obsiden throne. Holding the position of political strategist in his family left little time for socializing that wasn't aimed at obtaining more power. As a result the few friends he has are left over from his younger years and mostly consist of cousins and lower members of the few noble family he hasn't stabbed in the back with political schemes. The people of Winterhual may not hold grudges but that doesn't mean they make friends easily. They are more apt to see people as potential resources than potential friends.

Skills/Abilities/Training:
Political maneuvering and Gambits are Aldrich's expertise. He is also skilled at making an in depth accurate analysis of others' character and personality. Aldrich has no formal military training but he does practice and participate in the competitive martial arts popular among the nobles of Winterhual, including a form of fencing, and a wrestling art similar to Judo. He wouldn't be considered a master by any means but he does have a level of competency sufficient to maintain he status as a dangerous opponent both in and out of the arena.

Interests: Securing the Obsidian throne for himself and his family; Competitive sports, martial and otherwise; and historical literature.

Official Titles: Prince of the Wind, Heir Adjacent to the Obsidian Throne, Reconciled of Winterhual.
========================================================================================

Personality:
Aldrich has a brilliant cunning mind and an eye for politics that the Vonstrogne family hasn't seen in decades. On the surface he seems only concerned with obtaining as much personal power as possible. On the inside his motivation spurns form his belief that he is one of select few with the intelligence to rule and truly unite the world. True to Winterhual culture he never holds grudges, it's too hard to pull people under you power when you hold a grudge. He sees most people as resources and pawns on a chess board and only counts a precious few as his friends. Chief among them is his trusted adviser Jerome Eberstark who is arguably his only confidant.

Biography:
Aldrich's life has been spent preparing for life as a Lord in the Court of Stone. His early years were spent under the watchful eye of scholars in mathematics, languages, and studying the political history of the nation. He was a quick student and quickly surpassed the teachers his family could afford to hire. The Vonstrogen family has held a throne in the Igneous house for the last ninety years, but in recent years had been pushed to the bottom. They needed a fresh mind to take power again. On his nineteenth birthday Aldrich put his mind to work for the Vonstrogens as the family's political strategist. He considered his father a fool, but as his father held the Basalt throne he had to promote his father instead of taking it for himself.

Over the next four years Aldrich's maneuvering pushed his father from the Basalt Throne all the way to the Quartz Throne. He obtained the Monzonite Throne for his father via a Vote of Arbitration in early Kudhan in 945 ER. One year later they made a successful more for the Quartz Throne. In late Torba in 947 ER, he had already obtained proof that the current King of Wind had failed to fulfill the requirements of his duties. At this time Aldrich was preparing and grooming the Court to obtain the six votes necessary for a Vote of Exaltation, pushing his father onto the Obsidian Throne. The process was a delicate few months of maneuvering the Court of Stone to vote for the Vonstrogens.

However, on 11 of Ebar in 948 ER The current King of Wind, Deitrich Adler, forced their hand into revealing their proof of incompetence earlier than they had planned. An over eager Gerard Vonstrogen, Lord of Quartz, called for an early Vote of Exaltation on 13 of Ebar in 948 ER. Two weeks later they received the invitation for reconciliation. As a result, Aldrich Vonstrogen, with the fresh title of Prince of Wind Heir Adjacent to the Obsidian Throne, oldest child of the King of Wind, was called for Reconciliation at the start of the new year, in place of the former King Dietrich Adler's daughter, Deyana Adler.

A now furious Aldrich travels for Atanwan .

Extra/other: Winterhaul's part of the reconciliation contract reads that "The eldest child of the current King of the Wind at the time at which the invitation for reconciliation is received shall go for Reconciliation."

Last edited by a moderator:
Ummm...Well... If Oujin has a horse on board the ship (not entirely unreasonable an expectation, if he had a favorite or personal horse at home) he could ride that, although the horse would be in poor health after an extended sea voyage. (I figure even the closest nation takes at least a full week or two to arrive at Atanwan, and Reinkuni is way off on the side, so he would have a long way to go).

But walking... I don't think that would be a good idea. I mean, first he would have to get through the poor quarter safely, and that is big. Then the four other tiers, each of which is rather large. Its not a small city, lets say. On a rickshaw, it might take them a full hour or two (if not longer) to reach the palace. Walking on their own it might take as many as four or five hours to get there. Lets put it this way - each tier is about half a mile to a mile long, and several miles wide. Add in a good 20 minutes or so per cliff edge, to get up the steps or take the lifts, and that is a long way to go.

Ahah, finally read the profile. Right. Hm. I like it right up until the biography. Not only is it too short (I prefer about 3 good paragraphs), but the single large block of text is hard to read. Why don't you break it up, add a bit more about his early years and initial training in politics and strategy, and then rewrite a bit about the whole taking the throne thing and how it was early and such. Perhaps reorganize it more chronologically, so that its easier to follow.

Otherwise, all good, character is excepting (pending revisions). After I'm done with all the PMs i'm working on, I'll put him up on the front page.

I suppose the question I should be asking then is how are the Rickshaws pulled? I'm imagining them being pulled by people (as traditionally seen) in which case Oujin could easily keep up by walking. (He would object to having someone carry him when his own feet were good enough). However, if they're pulled by a bicycle or horse or something it'd be entirely different.

The other option could be that Reinkuni arranged for horses to be in Atanwan waiting for them. Either they sent the horses a few weeks ahead of time, or had someone in Atanwan buy some for them. If that were the case then Van could have a groom bring the horses to the port.

Let me know which works best for you and I'll just work with it :)

Rickshaws are pulled by people, but those people often run or job, rather than walk. Plus, rickshaws get to use the large main road, and force people out of their way (hence the guard, who will head the convoy). Walking...more people might slow him down. Anyway, not important.

Hm. I like that idea. Of course, Van will hate it, since he's allergic to horses, but I like it even more because of that. There will be some horses and two-three horse drawn Rickshaws for the Reconciled (up to them which they take), which will allow three people per rickshaw and/or one person per horse. The entourages and such can travel via the other rickshaws, with the luggage, and take twice as long to arrive. YESS. Good. we'll do that.

Sorry for the delay, I'm not on the computer much during the weekends so I didn't get a chance to check the forums. Yes, grouping Kaz with Oujin and Mystisa will be fine.

Splendid! This will be so much fun! And dear Van will be so excited to meet the representative from Ester!

That is, right up until Kaz actually says or does something...ehehehehe.

I'm looking forward to ruffling some feathers, lol!

Yes yes, good. I can't wait for some direct character interacting. Everyone is so much fun, and they won't all get along, but some of them will and it just....soooo excited.

Ok got it :) few more tweaks to make to Claudia's post, but I'll attempt to have it up before I go to work tomorrow. Not promising, just saying that's what I'd like to happen.

Sounds good.

Alright, so. I sent PMs to everyone regarding the Secondary Relationships. Just want to repeat that convos regarding that requirement should not be anywhere in the OOC.

Also put up Aldrich on the front page, fully accepted now, yay! Just two more characters to create! Go everyone!

This is going to be awesome.
But I kind of made my nation as long as a Wikipedia article.

So make it shorter? Don't worry about minor details, especially internal details. No one is going to visit your nation, they will all be on Atanwan. Even Van won't need to know everything about Senex, and what he will need to know I will ask you about in PMs. Just post the important stuff, one or two paragraphs per section, as everyone else did. Part of writing well is knowing what not to say, what details not to include.

Expect a post from me 24 hours from now or less. *rubs hands together* Can't wait to get this show on the road.

Claudia's post is up :)

I'll post Leande's intro sometime tomorrow. RL things have been putting me in difficult positions.

Alongside reading rune stones.

Aye. Casting is easy, planning a casting is not.

You tend to get greedy that way.

Anyway, I suppose while we're in the subject of animals...Murasaki-sama, I don't suppose bringing Leande's falcon on the ship to Atanwan would be too much of a problem, I hope.

Not at all, Asha. If Lava could bring her drakit along, and other people could send horses ahead, falcons should be the easiest pet to bring along. Especially a merlin, since they aren't very big.

You know, I was just struck with a realization. If Javeter is tagging along with Kazdan... where is he going to stay? Is there room in the Reconciled Mansion for someone other than the Reconciled? Is that even allowed? Lol.

Of course there is room, its a mansion. Every Reconciled is expected to have an entourage, of guards, servants, may tutors, companions or whatever. Lava should have brought training partners with her, for example, since she is an Einar and a military one at that; but that will be resolved shortly, so its fine. Its not like a 50 room mansion (well, there might be a good 10-20 servant rooms, but those are like closets, lets be honest, they don't count), but each mansion is good sized, with several decent suites (in case an ambassador and a Reconciled want to be in residence at the same time, or whatever), smaller guest rooms, and an entire floor for servants. Of course, every mansion is different, depending on the status, wealth, preferences, and architecture of the nation which commissioned and maintains it.

Right, read the Claudia post, very goof. Poor van is going to be sneezing ...ehehehehe. Anyway, I'll post when I have time after breakfast.

Status
Not open for further replies.