Magic Knights in a Sci-Fi Apocalypse World

I'm back. Didn't manage to get any sleep...

Anyway. Questions for everyone who wants to cast their vote: Should I run this roleplay with one Sign-Up/OOC thread and one IC thread (aside from this thread, of course)? Or should I make a clan where I can group the threads as Sign-Up thread, OOC thread , Mission IC thread, and Wartburg Castle IC thread?
I feel you on the lack of sleep things. I'll admit, staying up late watching horror shows was not the smartest of decisions.

I'm good with either. I'm more familiar with the forum system, but I'd be interested to learn the Clan system, too. So...for the sake of trying new things, I cast my vote for the clan thing.

Well good morning messages!

I've never actually used the clan features, so my first instinct would be to just stick to the two individual threads. But - it could be interesting!

So, basically what we need in the CS. This is all that we really NEED but you can feel free to throw in extra. EDIT: Added in the equipment section and another section for skills.

Names: Names and titles.
Age: How old they are now, bearing in mind that they would of not aged since their death or upon being sealed away, frozen, or however.
Year of Death: When they died or were sealed away.
Species: Should be at least part human, but can throw in anything else you want. I'm pretty open to seeing new combinations.
Allegiance: Either they work for the Knight's Templar or for the Round Table. Whichever you chose, they will still all work as the same team together. And their allegiances can change throughout the roleplay.
Affiliates: People they have worked with or for. Armies/countries they sided with in their previous life. Friends, family, enemies. Just list the people/groups and their relation.

Equipment: List type of armor and any specifications. You can describe the armor that you drop a picture for below. List the weapons that they use.

Skills: What weapons are they trained in using? What languages do they speak? Are they skilled tactician in large scale combat, careful strategists over a prolonged campaign, or highly focused in one-on-one duels. Anything they excel in more than their standard level of badass.
Magic: Specialized type/element. If they are more than human then what other types of magic do they have? Any spells they favor over others or are especially practiced with.

Appearance:
Two pictures; one of their physical appearance and one of their armor set (if they wear a set of armor). A small paragraph describing them would also be useful to other players, giving them some hint of how to view your character's appearance in their posts.

Backstory: At least a small paragraph detailing their death or how they were sealed away (or other versions thereof). Would like to here a little something about their greatest victories and triumphs.

I think I saw somewhere you said OCs are cool! I have an idea of doing something along the lines of a Joan of Arc - esque character. Someone in her bloodline. I'd like to throw a female character into this mix here, and I just wanted to run that by you. I was thinking a niece to Joan who follows in her footsteps, albeit under the guise of a man.

Just a rough idea not sure how you felt about it.

Reactions: Petricus Euryale
I think I saw somewhere you said OCs are cool! I have an idea of doing something along the lines of a Joan of Arc - esque character. Someone in her bloodline. I'd like to throw a female character into this mix here, and I just wanted to run that by you. I was thinking a niece to Joan who follows in her footsteps, albeit under the guise of a man.

Just a rough idea not sure how you felt about it.

I like it. And once in the modern/apocalypse, she would have no need to hide her identity if you prefer?

I wasn't getting any alerts. Good thing I decided to check up on this. And I'm also going to vote for the clan thing.

RiddLr here. Casting his vote for a clan.

(Just not ZF, already part of that one...)

So, I have a question about magic, because I am the questions person. c: Would that category be the metal that our character is best at evoking in their spells, or the kind of enchantments they have on their equipment? Also, can battle magic be used in combat to like hurt your foe or something?

So, I have a question about magic, because I am the questions person. c: Would that category be the metal that our character is best at evoking in their spells, or the kind of enchantments they have on their equipment? Also, can battle magic be used in combat to like hurt your foe or something?

For the most part, this is up to your discretion. I had not intended for their enchantments to be permanent (planning for them to last as long as most any skirmish or mission, guess that is up to you) but you could put in their most commonly used enchantments. So long as you put their favored metal or elements that they gain from any hybrid-species they belong to.

Battle magic is generally magic used to aid you in battle, such as making you faster or stronger or making weapons sharper or armor more durable or more able to kill, and this includes hurting others.

Not sure if I want to join since I always fail at apocalypse rps and I've already got a lot on my plate right now (I just want to see Lillian write because I've always wanted to rp with her and I'm a big fan of her writing >.>), but I will be lurking, so I'm just wondering if they have to wear actual armor since "magic knights" sounds like you have to.

• Love
Reactions: Lillian Gray
Not sure if I want to join since I always fail at apocalypse rps and I've already got a lot on my plate right now (I just want to see Lillian write because I've always wanted to rp with her and I'm a big fan of her writing >.>), but I will be lurking, so I'm just wondering if they have to wear actual armor since "magic knights" sounds like you have to.

You don't HAVE to. Your character, your design, your armor or lack thereof. Personally, I'm a sucker for a knight in shining armor xD But you don't have to.

Don't worry about failing at an apocalypse roleplay, just do what you can and that will be more than good enough. This roelplay is still in the planning phase but we should be starting it in the next few days, so if you already have a lot on your plate then I don't want to be the one to overburden you :( However, if you can handle this roleplay on top of everything you have going on, then jump on in. Even once we start, sign-ups will not be closed and I'll still be accepting new players. So you can always join later on when you have less going and more free time.

If you want to see Lillian write then surely you would love the chance to roleplay with her, right? I hope @Lillian Gray is okay with me using her to bribe you... But if you're a fan of her writing then this is the perfect chance for you.

But don't worry and there's no pressure. If you'd rather just take your time and watch for now, that's fine

You don't HAVE to. Your character, your design, your armor or lack thereof. Personally, I'm a sucker for a knight in shining armor xD But you don't have to.

Don't worry about failing at an apocalypse roleplay, just do what you can and that will be more than good enough. This roelplay is still in the planning phase but we should be starting it in the next few days, so if you already have a lot on your plate then I don't want to be the one to overburden you :( However, if you can handle this roleplay on top of everything you have going on, then jump on in. Even once we start, sign-ups will not be closed and I'll still be accepting new players. So you can always join later on when you have less going and more free time.

If you want to see Lillian write then surely you would love the chance to roleplay with her, right? I hope @Lillian Gray is okay with me using her to bribe you... But if you're a fan of her writing then this is the perfect chance for you.

But don't worry and there's no pressure. If you'd rather just take your time and watch for now, that's fine

I'm so flattered right now!! @Katori don't ever worry about failing. It's taken me a long time to get where I am, throw yourself in here with us and you'll be ok! If you are busy though, don't worry. No pressure.

I'll see how things are at the end of this week. I just got an essay I have to get done, and I want to get it done as soon as I can, and especially the rest of my class work, but in the meantime, if you guys are still in the planning stage, could I just tag along, keep an eye on things? ><

I'll see how things are at the end of this week. I just got an essay I have to get done, and I want to get it done as soon as I can, and especially the rest of my class work, but in the meantime, if you guys are still in the planning stage, could I just tag along, keep an eye on things? ><

Of course you can tag along !

• Love
Reactions: junebug
P.S. @Spectre of the Fade I found your code testing page, and I might be borrowing the character sheet one you had for copy...I like it!

• Love
Reactions: Spectre of the Fade
  • Love
Reactions: Lillian Gray
Thanks! ^^ I use Word's replace tool to put in all the color codes and such.

Good to know! I've been goofing around with it - haven't used the (biv) code much at all. I just really liked how you had it set up, gets everything you need on one page without being a cluster of information!

• Thank You
Good to know! I've been goofing around with it - haven't used the (biv) code much at all. I just really liked how you had it set up, gets everything you need on one page without being a cluster of information!
Let me know if/when you figure it out into something you like, I'd love to see it. Or if you want help on how to do a particular thing, I've figured out a lot of stuff with divs and I have a couple of resources I can direct you towards too.

Let me know if/when you figure it out into something you like, I'd love to see it. Or if you want help on how to do a particular thing, I've figured out a lot of stuff with divs and I have a couple of resources I can direct you towards too.

Thanks! I appreciate it. For now I'm keeping it simple (just waiting on a character sign up area!), but I'll definitely meander your way if I come across something that doesn't want to work. Codes love to break.

Codes love to break.
Ain't that the truth. Spent like ten minutes fixing my draft sheet for this roleplay after I broke it just last night.