Magic Knights in a Sci-Fi Apocalypse World

This sounds really cool, I think I want to join in here if that's alright. I'll just head over to Google and see who I wanna grab, so many choices o.o
Yeah, I've spent the last hour poking through some sites for armor and art for my character. So excited for this.

Reactions: Petricus Euryale
Okay. @Petricus Euryale I have a couple of ideas I wanted to run past you. I'm thinking I'm going to make a Slavic knight, specifically apart of the Kievan Rus. I'm still nailing down the details and doing research for the particulars, but I'm thinking he was a member of one of the Rus' princes personal guard or some such. I'm also thinking that he earned his experience fighting monsters and mastered his magic fighting the Mongol invasion of his prince's lands, then his prince sealed my character and a couple other of his best fighters away before he surrendered with the intent to release them later so they could help take his lands. The prince died before he actualized his plan, and the Knights Templar (I'm fairly sure my character will be connected with them somehow, not sure how yet) ended up reviving my character in the current day.

Basically, the thing I want to check works for you and everyone else is that the Mongols (specifically the Golden Horde) are allied with the monsters we hunt, or at least had a number of said monsters under their control.

Okay. @Petricus Euryale I have a couple of ideas I wanted to run past you. I'm thinking I'm going to make a Slavic knight, specifically apart of the Kievan Rus. I'm still nailing down the details and doing research for the particulars, but I'm thinking he was a member of one of the Rus' princes personal guard or some such. I'm also thinking that he earned his experience fighting monsters and mastered his magic fighting the Mongol invasion of his prince's lands, then his prince sealed my character and a couple other of his best fighters away before he surrendered with the intent to release them later so they could help take his lands. The prince died before he actualized his plan, and the Knights Templar (I'm fairly sure my character will be connected with them somehow, not sure how yet) ended up reviving my character in the current day.

Basically, the thing I want to check works for you and everyone else is that the Mongols (specifically the Golden Horde) are allied with the monsters we hunt, or at least had a number of said monsters under their control.

I like it! And I see no reason why the Mongols could not of tamed some of the more animal-minded monsters. As for your character being connected to the Knight's Templar, a direct link is not necessary so long as they have some history to at least know about him. A lead for them to find and unseal him.

I like your overall character idea. I do have one question: Does he speak Russian, Ukrainian or a Slavic language? We can kind of assume that when the Knight's Templar ressurect someone they teach them English (due to it being a very popular language today), German (due it once being a large Christian empire and it's ties to the main setting of Europe), or whatever communal language we think they should all use... Guess the language is not too important but it is something I would like us to agree upon because I could play with some plot ideas then xD

I like it! And I see no reason why the Mongols could not of tamed some of the more animal-minded monsters. As for your character being connected to the Knight's Templar, a direct link is not necessary so long as they have some history to at least know about him. A lead for them to find and unseal him.
Thank you~ c: I've been thinking he spent a few of his teenage years and maybe his early twenties out West, studying with the Knights Templar, and returned when he heard news of the Mongol invasion in 1223. The lead...could be a friend he made in the order who trekked to Novgorod and found the place where he was sealed (I'm thinking locked in time) but was unwilling or unable to free him and so took that knowledge back to the Templars?

His first language would be Old East Slavic, but I'm thinking he'd be fluent in French because of his connection to the Knights Templar. And maybe Latin, since that was the "scholarly language" of the time. French makes the most sense to me as a common language, due to the French origins of the Knights Templar, but German works perfectly well for me.

Thank you~ c: I've been thinking he spent a few of his teenage years and maybe his early twenties out West, studying with the Knights Templar, and returned when he heard news of the Mongol invasion in 1223. The lead...could be a friend he made in the order who trekked to Novgorod and found the place where he was sealed (I'm thinking locked in time) but was unwilling or unable to free him and so took that knowledge back to the Templars?

His first language would be Old East Slavic, but I'm thinking he'd be fluent in French because of his connection to the Knights Templar. And maybe Latin, since that was the "scholarly language" of the time. French makes the most sense to me as a common language, due to the French origins of the Knights Templar, but German works perfectly well for me.

We shall go with French! Of course, we're going to be writing in English but we'll just pretend that everything they say is run through a translator for us xD Oh! They could use translating devices to overcome their language barriers with other knights? Nah, that seems kind of stupid. Never mind that one. French it is.

Your character's backstory seems good to me. Perfect, in fact. Exactly the style that I was going for. What type of equipment do you intend for him to use and be most effective with?

Your character's backstory seems good to me. Perfect, in fact. Exactly the style that I was going for. What type of equipment do you intend for him to use and be most effective with?
Sweet. ^^ I'll get to work filling out the details. Um. Sword and shield are his primaries, though he'd be good on horseback with a saber and decent if he swapped his sword for an axe. Crossbows, longbows, and bows in general are just...nope for him.

We shall go with French! Of course, we're going to be writing in English but we'll just pretend that everything they say is run through a translator for us xD Oh! They could use translating devices to overcome their language barriers with other knights? Nah, that seems kind of stupid. Never mind that one. French it is.

Speaking of do you have a CS I might be able to lay my peepers on?

Speaking of do you have a CS I might be able to lay my peepers on?

Haven't made a CS yet, still building interested and working some stuff out. But I'll get to work on so you all can be extra ready nice and early.

Heeeey

So, this kind of looks interesting. Any room left?

So, basically what we need in the CS. This is all that we really NEED but you can feel free to throw in extra. EDIT: Added in the equipment section and another section for skills.

Names: Names and titles.
Age: How old they are now, bearing in mind that they would of not aged since their death or upon being sealed away, frozen, or however.
Year of Death: When they died or were sealed away.
Species: Should be at least part human, but can throw in anything else you want. I'm pretty open to seeing new combinations.
Allegiance: Either they work for the Knight's Templar or for the Round Table. Whichever you chose, they will still all work as the same team together. And their allegiances can change throughout the roleplay.
Affiliates: People they have worked with or for. Armies/countries they sided with in their previous life. Friends, family, enemies. Just list the people/groups and their relation.

Equipment: List type of armor and any specifications. You can describe the armor that you drop a picture for below. List the weapons that they use.

Skills: What weapons are they trained in using? What languages do they speak? Are they skilled tactician in large scale combat, careful strategists over a prolonged campaign, or highly focused in one-on-one duels. Anything they excel in more than their standard level of badass.
Magic: Specialized type/element. If they are more than human then what other types of magic do they have? Any spells they favor over others or are especially practiced with.

Appearance:
Two pictures; one of their physical appearance and one of their armor set (if they wear a set of armor). A small paragraph describing them would also be useful to other players, giving them some hint of how to view your character's appearance in their posts.

Backstory: At least a small paragraph detailing their death or how they were sealed away (or other versions thereof). Would like to here a little something about their greatest victories and triumphs.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Useful
Reactions: Lillian Gray
....Gonna go get started on my sheet.

@Petricus Euryale I saw you there lurking on my test thread. >.> Related question, for funsies. Is romance going to be a thing? Does it have the potential to be a thing? I'm good, either way, it just changes what additions I make to the sheet. c:

@Petricus Euryale I saw you there lurking on my test thread. >.> Related question, for funsies. Is romance going to be a thing? Does it have the potential to be a thing? I'm good, either way, it just changes what additions I make to the sheet. c:

I got a notification about you mentioning me in a post in that thread xD Relationships and even romance are fine. Not something I had intended to devote the plot to but if something interesting happens then I will certainly be willing to use it. So make relations, both friendly and romantic if you want, so that the Black Knight can use them against you! *evil laugh*

I got a notification about you mentioning me in a post in that thread xD Relationships and even romance are fine. Not something I had intended to devote the plot to but if something interesting happens then I will certainly be willing to use it. So make relations, both friendly and romantic if you want, so that the Black Knight can use them against you! *evil laugh*
oh shit whoops I apologise for that, then. D: I accidentally copied far more than the character sheet and pasted it and posted it...I didn't realize it tagged you.

And...good. Yes. Hopefully there shall be much fuel for the Black Knight's evil machinations.

Saw this and immediately got captured by the everything. Would it be possible to have a Chinese warrior? (Namely Dian Wei, Lu Bu, Guan Yu, Zhang Fei, Cao Ren, Xiahou Dun, Zhao Yun, pretty much everyone from Romance of The Three kingdoms) trust me i can go on for a while... If not I'll gladly think of another.

@Petricus Euryale

@RiddL A Chinese warrior would be really awesome. Got some Jade Emperor and Monkey King plot lines floating around for when we finish my current plans too.

Which would make the story arcs something like this: The Black Knight and Immortal Gift (basis). The Dragoon and the Red Scaled Beast (I have to have Dragons in there somewhere!). The Lady and the Order of the Maple (mentioned as a potential plot for later on). The Jade Emperor and the Terracotta Army (and now from you).

Going to sleep now, but will be back online later. Also, I forgot to put Equipment in the CS.

I'm back. Didn't manage to get any sleep...

Anyway. Questions for everyone who wants to cast their vote: Should I run this roleplay with one Sign-Up/OOC thread and one IC thread (aside from this thread, of course)? Or should I make a clan where I can group the threads as Sign-Up thread, OOC thread , Mission IC thread, and Wartburg Castle IC thread?