Magic Knights in a Sci-Fi Apocalypse World

Lillian is working on a character too, if I'm not mistaken. @Takashi

Yep! I have it all thought out, just waiting for a sign up thread to officially post it.

• Love
Reactions: Lillian Gray
@Spectre of the Fade

One question - what's the coding you are using to get your image on the side instead of the top?

@Spectre of the Fade

One question - what's the coding you are using to get your image on the side instead of the top?
Welp. That's a good question. Gonna spoiler this, 'cause it's not a small explanation:
[spoili]
First thing you've gotta do is add in this tag: display:inline-block;
It makes it so the divs for your text and the divs for your image(s) can line up next to one another. You've gotta put it in the code for all the divs you want to get lined up. Then, you have to adjust width: width: 20%;
You set the width to a percentage instead of a specific pixel width so that the finished thing is fairly mobile friendly. Depending on the picture, they usually break on things smaller than a PC, but that's something you just gotta deal with. d: Anyways. Width to percentages, and make sure you leave like ten percent for padding and margins and whatnot. For example, my widths on my sheet in the clan are 32% for the image and 60% for the text box, with around 8% left for my margins and a decent gap between the image and the box. You can also lay images next to one another, like this:
Code:
[div=width:20%;display:inline-block;][div=background:url(https://bhf.io/data/avatars/l/71/71047.jpg?1483475686); background-size: 100%; background-position: center; height: 150px; border: transparent;][/div][/div][div=width:35%;display:inline-block;margin-left: 4%;margin-right: 4%;][div=background:url(http://i.imgur.com/t2QKl1P.gif); background-size: 130%; background-position: center; height: 150px; border: transparent;][/div][/div][div=width:20%;display:inline-block;][div=background:url(https://68.media.tumblr.com/dce438d80bd104063575bf01fe012b21/tumblr_nvf9hxiKhz1u7gnm9o1_500.gif); background-size: 225%; background-position: 75% 0%; height: 150px; border: transparent;][/div][/div]
which looks like

Just don't press enter between codes and make sure you keep track of how much percentage your stuff is taking up. Does that make sense? And, feel free to PM me if it just isn't working right.[/spoili]

• Bucket of Rainbows
Welp. That's a good question. Gonna spoiler this, 'cause it's not a small explanation:
[spoili]
First thing you've gotta do is add in this tag: display:inline-block;
It makes it so the divs for your text and the divs for your image(s) can line up next to one another. You've gotta put it in the code for all the divs you want to get lined up. Then, you have to adjust width: width: 20%;
You set the width to a percentage instead of a specific pixel width so that the finished thing is fairly mobile friendly. Depending on the picture, they usually break on things smaller than a PC, but that's something you just gotta deal with. d: Anyways. Width to percentages, and make sure you leave like ten percent for padding and margins and whatnot. For example, my widths on my sheet in the clan are 32% for the image and 60% for the text box, with around 8% left for my margins and a decent gap between the image and the box. You can also lay images next to one another, like this:
Code:
[div=width:20%;display:inline-block;][div=background:url(https://bhf.io/data/avatars/l/71/71047.jpg?1483475686); background-size: 100%; background-position: center; height: 150px; border: transparent;][/div][/div][div=width:35%;display:inline-block;margin-left: 4%;margin-right: 4%;][div=background:url(http://i.imgur.com/t2QKl1P.gif); background-size: 130%; background-position: center; height: 150px; border: transparent;][/div][/div][div=width:20%;display:inline-block;][div=background:url(https://68.media.tumblr.com/dce438d80bd104063575bf01fe012b21/tumblr_nvf9hxiKhz1u7gnm9o1_500.gif); background-size: 225%; background-position: 75% 0%; height: 150px; border: transparent;][/div][/div]
which looks like

Just don't press enter between codes and make sure you keep track of how much percentage your stuff is taking up. Does that make sense? And, feel free to PM me if it just isn't working right.[/spoili]

Holy bananas Batman what am I getting into. Let me mess around with it. Ill message you if I break it.

EDIT: This is a project for another day, holy mother of coding.

Last edited:
@Petricus Euryale Sorry I am so late!! I will have my character up tonight. I had to take a long shift at work.

Ok, last question (hopefully) for a while. Are there any ground rules for this rp that need to be established, like posting expectations and just a general guideline? I also agree about separate OOC and FAQ/Planning thread. c:

Ok, last question (hopefully) for a while. Are there any ground rules for this rp that need to be established, like posting expectations and just a general guideline? I also agree about separate OOC and FAQ/Planning thread. c:

Ground rules? Well..... I don't think so. Maybe at least post once a week but so far everyone is posting frequently and already seem quite active (though I know that doesn't necessarily mean they will post IC frequently). So, okay, here goes for posting rules:
1) Try to post IC at least once a week. If you are going to suddenly be super busy then give me a heads up. If you're going to be busy for a LOOOOOONG time then I am sure you can find someone who could sort of NPC-control your character for a little while to get through any lingering basic interactions.
2) So, posts need to be of a decent quality and quantity. At least a small paragraph. As for the quality part, everyone's backstories on their character sheets seems perfect so we'll go with aiming for that level of writing.
3) And, thirdly, I feel like I should say something about being nice, polite, and not bothering other people. Obviously characters will have relations, including bad relations. Your character can be bad to another character when posting IC, but any OOC should be as friendly as you all already have been.
4) Maybe I should mention about the red/bluestar status of this roleplay. Yeah, I forgot to set a star, I think. Not so sure that you can with Clans. Anyway, let's keep the sexual acts blacked out or take it private. And try to avoid the REALLY bad swear words and cuss words. This roleplay is set in an apocalypse where black magic, necromancy, evil curses, religious factions and prejudices exist so some of the stuff we go over will get pretty rough and if you're squeamish then just ask and we can tone it down some.

And I shall make us an OOC thread then.

I don't believe we can actually do redstar rps in clans, but we do have a bluestar, so everything works out great! Thanks!

Reactions: Petricus Euryale
I don't believe we can actually do redstar rps in clans, but we do have a bluestar, so everything works out great! Thanks!

Thank you. I'll make a few according adjustments to the guidelines