Status
Not open for further replies.
There appeared to be nothing that could be crowbarred.

"..."

0EdAk79.png

Teddy looked away from Leon to look back into the trailer. He thought over the question for a moment before looking back to Leon. "... I don't know," he eventually responded. He truly didn't. He had no plans to die before Lucas was made to pay for all that he had done, and whoever else that had enabled him, but this was still an impossible situation. Anyone Teddy had known, such as Tommy or Captain America, were gone now as well. Who did he have to trust fully?

"Thanks, I guess. As long as someone kills him."

He called into the trailer. "If there's nothing left, then let's go! None of us should be staying behind now, not after all we've been through."

He stepped out into the yard. He was serious about forcing everyone to head to the greenhouse together.​
Phil Connors

Phil looked over at Owen before he would head out. " Crowbar, Ice pick, sword or pistol, kid? I don't want you going in defenseless to the fight. If we are all going in, then we will all need to be armed. Does anybody else here need a weapon? Also, if you are carrying extra, I think you should offer it up for trades now. Don't know how to use it, it will be better in some else's hands. " He asked. He had a ton of stuff, he could part with a gun or a weapon. The last thing they needed was people dying due to carelessness.​
kiri023.png

"Don't worry, I'm sure we'll all see to it that justice will strike Lucas swiftly as long as we live, however long that may be," Kyoko said to Teddy. She was tired, tired of feeling powerless, tired of losing everything, tired of regretting everything. But now, only now, did the prospect of stopping to take a breather seem redundant to her. She could spend all her time licking her own wounds after this was all over, once each and every punishment had been given out. But now, she had no choice but to bear it all and see the sick game to its bloody end. The world never stopped to wait for just one person after all, or twenty, or two hundred, for that matter. It would keep spinning and moving along for as long as it existed.

She wasn't the one who started this fire, but she would extinguish it.

That was her resolve now, clear and crystal.

What was it that suddenly drove her to act now, when she might have hesitated before? A desire to seek redemption for her actions, for her inactions in the past? A godly desire for an absolute justice upon an absolute evil? A primal desire for revenge, to get back at the one who had significantly wronged her? Not even the Ultimate Detective, queen of deductions and logic, could say for sure, for the human psyche was the most complex puzzle ever created, one that not even she, or anyone for that matter, could truly comprehend.

As she began to walk out of the trailer and toward the greenhouse alongside everyone else, Kyoko made her way next to Phil, clearing her throat.

"If it's all the same, I'll take the crowbar," she said to the man with a direct tone, as though piercing through any potential discomfort with ease, holding her hand out for it. Normally, Kyoko wasn't the hands-on physical type, not with her own body nor with any sort of weapon, but she knew full well how things worked now.

@Atomyk @LuckycoolHawk9 @Leon Moretti @ShiroKiyoshi @Trailer>Greenhouse

Beatrice had had nothing to say.

The one called Valkyrie could only hang her head in silence. There was no "strategy" to win or pass without any sacrifices. She knew that. It was like trying to catch two birds, only to seize neither. If she wanted to save all of them, regardless of number, it would only result in either all of them dying or distress within the group. Of course, the latter had happened regardless, but that was something unavoidable as well.

She wanted to lash out at Phil when he "adjusted" people's life, but she also had to admit that it was the logical thing to do. Get rid of people you don't know to help out the ones you do. It was scarcely different from the way wars were fought. A soldier fought for their country and crushed anyone who would oppose them, good man or not.

Yet even still, an underhanded method such as "reducing life to 0" on some sort of lifebar like a video game would never fly with one who prided herself on knighthood and chivalry. And on the other hand, she didn't have the resolve to condemn anyone here to death herself.

Either fortunately or unfortunately, Beatrice was unable to really decide, the group eventually managed to move on as people died. Refocusing herself, Beatrice looked around to see what she could do. Even if she was too weak-willed to point to who should be killed and too powerless to do anything about the game they were forced to play, it was in the end a game. If there was no way to win, there was, simply, no game.

For now, she simply kept her hand on her sword and proceeded to the greenhouse.

@Leon Moretti @LuckycoolHawk9 @ShiroKiyoshi @Verite @Atomyk @Crow @Otto @Glostechk @The Batter @Krieg

Phil Connors

Phil didn't bother to argue with the woman. Everybody needed something and if a purple haired girl wanted the crow, who was he to say no? He handed over the crowbar to her, still eyeing Owen, waiting for the boy's response. " Crowbar's out, offers still up on anything else that you want, Owen. Also, Six, do you want anything from me?" he asked bluntly. If he didn't want anything, he wouldn't give him, but everybody needed a weapon.

@Kaykay @Verite @Atomyk @ShiroKiyoshi @Krieg @The Batter @Otto @Glostechk @Leon Moretti @Crow

"Uh... the ice pick..." As good as holding a gun might have felt, Owen figured he'd feel immediately safer with some kind of melee weapon in hand.

Teddy led the group through the yard and through the gate toward the greenhouse. It looked absolutely overrun like it hadn't been maintained for at least a year.

v4zIDdD.jpg

The top entrance was locked and secured, so the group could only go in from the ground floor, where it looked about as run down as the outside suggested. They had to pass through a small room made of brick and mortar out into a hall. From here, the only two ways to go were down the hall and up the stairs.

Lucas had said that Mrs. Baker was likely waiting for them. No doubt she would have an ambushed prepared.

@Kaykay @Verite @Leon Moretti @Krieg @Crow @LuckycoolHawk9 @ShiroKiyoshi @Otto @Glostechk @The Batter @Trailer > Greenhouse

Phil Connors

Phil handed Owen an ice pick. " Take good care of it, also, the legs are a good immobilizing for that," he said. As Phil followed the others carefully, he paused. A hallway and up the stairs. Either the hallway was bobby trapped or the stairway was. He kept the sword from Saeko pointed to the ground an inch in front of him using as a feeler for trip wires that could appear. He wasn't about to die because of a good old horror movie cliché. He was too stubborn to die that way. " Huh-this is not a good time to split up..... how do we want to divide this up? Or do we want somebody to scout ahead before we go?"

@Kaykay @Verite @Leon Moretti @Krieg @Crow @Atomyk @ShiroKiyoshi @Otto @Glostechk @The Batter

Phil Connors

Phil handed Owen an ice pick. " Take good care of it, also, the legs are a good immobilizing for that," he said. As Phil followed the others carefully, he paused. A hallway and up the stairs. Either the hallway was bobby trapped or the stairway was. He kept the sword from Saeko pointed to the ground an inch in front of him using as a feeler for trip wires that could appear. He wasn't about to die because of a good old horror movie cliché. He was too stubborn to die that way. " Huh-this is not a good time to split up..... how do we want to divide this up? Or do we want somebody to scout ahead before we go?"

@Kaykay @Verite @Leon Moretti @Krieg @Crow @Atomyk @ShiroKiyoshi @Otto @Glostechk @The Batter
"On it. Here Bullet hold this." Klein said as he gave the girl the shotgun and went to go check up stairs.

@Kaykay @Verite @Leon Moretti @Krieg @Crow @LuckycoolHawk9 @ShiroKiyoshi @Otto @Glostechk @The Batter @Trailer > Greenhouse

"Uh... the ice pick..." As good as holding a gun might have felt, Owen figured he'd feel immediately safer with some kind of melee weapon in hand.

Teddy led the group through the yard and through the gate toward the greenhouse. It looked absolutely overrun like it hadn't been maintained for at least a year.

v4zIDdD.jpg

The top entrance was locked and secured, so the group could only go in from the ground floor, where it looked about as run down as the outside suggested. They had to pass through a small room made of brick and mortar out into a hall. From here, the only two ways to go were down the hall and up the stairs.

Lucas had said that Mrs. Baker was likely waiting for them. No doubt she would have an ambushed prepared.

Phil Connors

"On it. Here Bullet hold this." Klein said as he gave the girl the shotgun and went to go check up stairs.

Leon looks at the situation, "Our best bet is to have the stronger group on the ground floor. So eight down the hall and seven on top. Also, conserve ammo to the best of your ability." Running enough search and rescue missions back on his homeworld, and with Embassy Crossing, Leon managed to pick up some tactics of scenarios like this, at least what he could imagine in his head as something of the sorts. "I'll be in the group that heads down he hall"

@Atomyk @Kaykay @Verite @Leon Moretti @Krieg @Crow @LuckycoolHawk9 @ShiroKiyoshi @Otto @Glostechk @The Batter @Trailer > Greenhouse

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: LuckycoolHawk9
kiri031.png

Kyoko admittedly wasn't super keen on splitting up the group out of wariness that in the event a trap would be set, it would result in more losses, but she knew the necessity of it. After all, fortune favored the bold. Still, though...

"I'll stay behind for a little bit. Maybe I'll join with one of you guys soon enough though," Kyoko announced plainly while the others discussed how the groups should be split up, tentatively opting to stay behind and look around for anything of interest. With a crowbar in hand, while it made for a well enough weapon to defend herself with, it was also a useful tool to open objects with, at least, more practical than a sword or a gun, so she may as well not waste this opportunity to search every nook and cranny for it. She had little to say in response to Leon's reasoning, Klein's lone-wolf attitude, or whatever.

Certainly, there was a risk as there always was, but especially considering the point of the game they were in, Kyoko could at least hope that even if they made a mistake in reasoning or moves, they'd at least be cautious enough to be able to avoid any fatal move coming their way.

@Atomyk @LuckycoolHawk9 @ShiroKiyoshi @Leon Moretti @Kaykay @Greenhouse

"Uhh, the fuck--" Bullet had no idea why Klein was handing his gun off to her.

As he crept up the upper path, he heard sounds on the other side of the outside wall. The tapping only got louder as he ascended the stairs.

@ShiroKiyoshi

Those on the lower path had to go past a plastic door to reach an area that smelled heavily like soil and mold. The area was divided into sections with plastic dividing walls lined with potted plants. A ladder leading to the second floor was here, but broken floorboards made the upper path a treacherous one. There was a strange buzzing in the air.

@Leon Moretti

Turning around, Kyoko found a small storage area, though most of it was useless for the current situation. An unprecedented amount of insects crawled across the ground, converging around bags of fertilizer. There were wooden boxes in the corner that could probably be opened with excessive force or the crowbar.

@Verite

@Kaykay @Krieg @Crow @LuckycoolHawk9 @Otto @Glostechk @The Batter @Greenhouse

Those on the lower path had to go past a plastic door to reach an area that smelled heavily like soil and mold. The area was divided into sections with plastic dividing walls lined with potted plants. A ladder leading to the second floor was here, but broken floorboards made the upper path a treacherous one. There was a strange buzzing in the air.

@Leon Moretti

Leon took note of the smell, as his senses we're somewhat adjusted to it by now being in the current hellhole. However, the sound was putting him on the edge, and pulls out his knife.

He starts to walk in, being cautious of the broken floorboards and any traps. Leon also looks around for anything out of normal, whatever normal may be at the moment.

@Atomyk @DownTheHall

Turning around, Kyoko found a small storage area, though most of it was useless for the current situation. An unprecedented amount of insects crawled across the ground, converging around bags of fertilizer. There were wooden boxes in the corner that could probably be opened with excessive force or the crowbar.​
kiri013.png

Well. Ask and ye shall receive.

Without an audible word, taking a moment to let the insects scamper away toward the fertilizer bags, not feeling up to squashing any under her boots, Kyoko walked over to the wooden boxes upon spotting them. Without hesitation, clutching her crowbar tightly, her gloves hopefully adding some friction to prevent the possibility of her own hands sliding off the tool, she jabbed the crowbar into the boxes with the intent of opening them up.

@Atomyk @Kaykay @Krieg @Crow @Otto @The Batter @Glostechk @LuckycoolHawk9 @Greenhouse

The buzzing shifted, sounding like it was coming from above Leon. Noot Noot had followed along and was now patting Leon's leg whilst pointing upward. All it took was a glance up to see that a large flying insect was darting about in the air.

nVjJfG7.jpg

The bug's large stinger quivered as it flew around Leon. It was trying to find the best spot to sting him.

@Leon Moretti

Some of the wooden boxes contained useless gardening supplies, but one inexplicably dropped two coins. Talk about receiving some video game spoils. Another box contained a collection of herbs, but most looked eaten.

@Verite

"Why so rude, Ms. Maximoff?" Toffee said with the slightest hint of sarcasm that was hard to pick up, but it was still there for anyone who was paying close enough attention.

3TGls.jpg

"Ah yes, and while you're here and not that, shall we say, doubleganger, I would like to thank you for helping me with the magic issue back on Mewni. You certainly helped me a lot." Toffee said with a grin.

Toffee's grin immediately faded when Billy spoke up, however. Although he didn't show it, all this optimism made Toffee sick to his stomach. Not because they were in a cheery mood or that they were trying to cheer up their friend, but rather because of the fact that Wanda had wasted his time.

To Toffee, this was all nothing more than a hinderance in his plans. An annoyance. Even if he had to brutally murder everyone here, Toffee would find his way back to Mewni and exact his revenge on the Butterfly monarch, and get his finger back. He didn't care if Wanda got better. He didn't car either off Billy ever saw the real Teddy or Tommy again.

And if people like Noembelu prove for to be more than a nuisance, then he wouldn't hesitate in ending their life.

@Atomyk @Josh M @Jeremi @Yun Lee @afterlife
"I had no choice but to help you. Fate can not be toiled with."

Wanda did not waver as she looked down at Toffee.

"However, fate always corrects itself."
Amir quietly placed a comforting hand on Noembelu's shoulder momentarily.

"Noembelu and Billy are right, we'll do all that we can Wanda." she spoke up after being quiet for some time.

@Atomyk @Josh M @Minerva @Jeremi @York @Gands @Bomb @Gummi Bunnies @Mason Moretti @CrunchyCHEEZIT @thatguyinthestore @dark @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @Afterlife
Wanda blushed as the two women supportered her before she turned to her son.

"Billy, I love you and Tommy so much. I know I haven't been an ideal mother, but if we all somehow get out of this, I'll make things right."

@Atomyk @Yun Lee @Jeremi @thatguyinthestore @Minerva @Bomb @dark @Mason Moretti @Gummi Bunnies @Takumi
@Afterlife

Lingering on Billy's question, the witch shook her head.

"I am not sure, Billy. However, it's a safe bet. I know she's aligned with BOB."

MIKE and the arm both stood up as the name was uttered.

"BOB must be stopped."

MIKE slowly paced as he addressed the group.

"We lived among the people. It was a, I think you say, convenience store. We lived above it. I mean it like it is... like it sounds. I too have been touched by the devilish one. Tattoo on the left shoulder... Oh, but when I saw the face of God, I was changed. I took the entire arm off. My name is MIKE. His name is BOB."

The witch nodded her head, her voice soon followed softly.

"Yes, BOB. I know of him. He haunts me, mocking with his death bag. 'He will kill again,' he shouted. He wanted his plaything, to use me in ways he saw fit. Luckily for me, I was too strong. However, right now, the fire is coming, it will rage and it will decimate all hope if we don't stop it. Everything is connected, but it's all in a fog of war."

@Yun Lee @Takumi @Gummi Bunnies @Bomb @dark @Mason Moretti @York @Minerva @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @thatguyinthestore @Jeremi @Afterlife

The Batter was quiet most of the time... he didn't even speak when he was in the recreation room. Now that he was in the trailer with the other people... He began thinking his past one last time... He was in a hall... A white hall.... a place that was PURE. He was walking towards the end of the hall, seeing a doorway. He was dragging his bat along the ground... leaving a red trail of blood on the ground. The Batter was no longer...himself. He continued walking down the hallway, but as he was about to going into the doorway, he stops. Some good part of The Batter was still in him, still holding on. He wasn't about to give in to madness. He gave his last shot. Suddenly, memories begin to appears in his head. He saw his family...

The Batter Memories 3.jpg

The Batter Memories 4.jpg

The Batter did not move for the longest time or so it seemed to him. Then a few tears came down from his face. He puts his hand onto his face. He then looks at his tears in his hand. Suddenly, The Batter smiles creepily. A ominous music begins to play. He then walks into the doorway. He enters a white room, with white walls...the only thing that was in there was a switch. The switch only had two modes: ON or OFF. It was already on...so there was only one thing to do: to turn it off. The Batter walks towards the switch. He was halfway there when he heard a voice. "Stop right there, you imposter." The Batter turns around and see someone familiar. An old friend, The Judge.

The Judge.jpg

The Judge walks on his four legs into the room and sit down in front of him. He still had that grin on his face. "I must say that I had placed blindest of confidences, the solidest of hopes and the most sincere belief in you." The Judge was glaring at him. "We can well say that I erred to the bones. But the real betrayer is rather the one who lies beyond the eye of cat." The Judge eyes suddenly flashed for a second. "What have you done ............?" His eyes flared with hatred. "Is the opaque mist of the sceneristic frame really your excuse for killing wife and child?" He bared his fangs toward The Batter. "You have not purified this place. You have destroyed, eradicated it. You have immersed it into a pristine nothingess." The Batter tilts his cap and smiles. "It's better like that." The Judge hisses at The Batter. "I should not have lent you my hand. I should have detected the black flame that consumed your soul from the beginning. ........., join me. Expiate the sins with me that we are guilty of by preventing this monster from completing his work." The Batter then smiles as large shadow begins to form behind him. The Judge then sighs. "... Too bad for you, ........... , you die in control of your evil marionette." The Batter suddenly lunges towards the cat. It took a few hours, before finally one of them was left standing. There was blood on the floor, both black and red. The Batter was smiling. The cat was smiling but then he collapses. The Batter then begins to laugh like a maniac, staring down at the corspe of The Judge. He then slowly begins to stop laughing as he stared at The Judge's cold dead eyes. A tear was on the cat's face. The Batter went slient for a few minutes...He then turns around and heads towards the switch. He then stops right in front of the switch. The Batter then grabs the switch and throws the switch down. The switch was now turned OFF. Darkness begins to close in. His memory begins to fades away. The Batter was now standing alone in the trailer. The others had left to the greenhouse. The Batter clutches Reiner's combat knife in his hand. He then looks down at his clenched fist. 'Was this what Judge felt when I killed his brother?.....It makes sense now....I won't make the same mistake again.' He then goes to exit the trailer, but before he did, he looked to the case. 'That case.....!' The Batter then remembered something. He had 2 coins...that he took from Reiner and Kiyohime. He then begins to look through his pockets and grabs the two coin. He move in front of the case and picks it up. He then looks to the coins he had. 'Please be something that will help me.' The Batter then tries to put the coins in the case. If this worked, he would take what was inside and then go to the greenhouse to meet up with the others...

@Kaykay @Verite @Leon Moretti @Krieg @Crow @LuckycoolHawk9 @ShiroKiyoshi @Otto @Glostechk @Atomyk @Trailer>Greenhouse

Attachments

• The Batter's Memories.png
    The Batter's Memories.png
    64 KB · Views: 10
  • The Batter's Memories 2.jpg
    The Batter's Memories 2.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 108
  • The Batter Final Memory.png
    The Batter Final Memory.png
    438.6 KB · Views: 4
Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: 1 person
The buzzing shifted, sounding like it was coming from above Leon. Noot Noot had followed along and was now patting Leon's leg whilst pointing upward. All it took was a glance up to see that a large flying insect was darting about in the air.

nVjJfG7.jpg

The bug's large stinger quivered as it flew around Leon. It was trying to find the best spot to sting him.

@Leon Moretti

Some of the wooden boxes contained useless gardening supplies, but one inexplicably dropped two coins. Talk about receiving some video game spoils. Another box contained a collection of herbs, but most looked eaten.

@Verite

Leon looks down at the penguin, "What is it?" He goes to look at what he's pointing at, ".....Fuck. My. Life." Leon focused and waited for the pest to get a bit closer before trying to stab it with his knife.

• Nice Execution!
Lingering on Billy's question, the witch shook her head.

"I am not sure, Billy. However, it's a safe bet. I know she's aligned with BOB."

MIKE and the arm both stood up as the name was uttered.

"BOB must be stopped."

MIKE slowly paced as he addressed the group.

"We lived among the people. It was a, I think you say, convenience store. We lived above it. I mean it like it is... like it sounds. I too have been touched by the devilish one. Tattoo on the left shoulder... Oh, but when I saw the face of God, I was changed. I took the entire arm off. My name is MIKE. His name is BOB."

The witch nodded her head, her voice soon followed softly.

"Yes, BOB. I know of him. He haunts me, mocking with his death bag. 'He will kill again,' he shouted. He wanted his plaything, to use me in ways he saw fit. Luckily for me, I was too strong. However, right now, the fire is coming, it will rage and it will decimate all hope if we don't stop it. Everything is connected, but it's all in a fog of war."

@Yun Lee @Takumi @Gummi Bunnies @Bomb @dark @Mason Moretti @York @Minerva @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @thatguyinthestore @Jeremi @Afterlife
"I'm afraid that fate had nothing to do with you helping me, Ms. Maximoff." Toffee said. He was always more of a logical lizard, if the suit and tie and constant calm demeanor weren't enough to tell that, so he didn't exactly believe in fate.

"See, you chose to help me by lending me the knowledge of that spell. And because of this, the evil you or whatever you'd like to call it invited me here, wrapping me in this mess as well. Of course, I chose to come here out of my own free will, just as you chose to teach me that spell, but I still really do not like having my time wasted, no matter the circumstance."
Toffee said in a darker tone than that of what he usually spoke. Whether or not that was a threat was up to Wanda and the others to decide.

@Josh M @Atomyk @Jeremi @Yun Lee @afterlife

"Uhh, the fuck--" Bullet had no idea why Klein was handing his gun off to her.

As he crept up the upper path, he heard sounds on the other side of the outside wall. The tapping only got louder as he ascended the stairs.

@ShiroKiyoshi

@Leon Moretti

Turning around, Kyoko found a small storage area, though most of it was useless for the current situation. An unprecedented amount of insects crawled across the ground, converging around bags of fertilizer. There were wooden boxes in the corner that could probably be opened with excessive force or the crowbar.

@Verite

@Kaykay @Krieg @Crow @LuckycoolHawk9 @Otto @Glostechk @The Batter @Greenhouse
Klein continued up the stairs. He threw the drapes of his robe back and kept his hands on both dirks as he moved. The child cowered as it moved up the stairs with him and the shadow looked dead ahead, unimpressed. "That's a bit annoying." Klein said to himself in reference to the noise.

Phil Connors

Phil was silent, debating where he should go. It seemed safest to wait here, but he came to a slow realization. What if they found coins while exploring here? He looked around. " Did anybody remember to bring the case from the trailer? I feel we should keep it on us in case we encounter more coins," he said. If nobody bothered to respond or he could tell they didn't have it, he would volunteer to retrieve it from the trailer.

@Kaykay @Verite @Leon Moretti @Krieg @Crow @The Batter @ShiroKiyoshi @Otto @Glostechk @Atomyk @Josh M

Status
Not open for further replies.