FateGuard

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair, NEITHER of you have anything in your character sheets that gives you exclusive right to the "Loremaster" strap-on.

If anyone, it should be Atlas who has the arcane book-smarts, since he was here first and actually MENTIONS it in his character sheet.

But that aside, let's say Riktor's book is a more literary and religious account of the Lycanthropic curse, whilst Malwin's is an anatomical breakdown of the biology of werewolves.

The first is older. The second is more technical.

He kinda killed Aidan's entrance too..... Aidan and my character are supposed to track this thing, so i guess we kinda know what we're doing? He kinda made me feel like crap with the whole "Ignores the youth aidans demands".... it wasn't a demand, we were called to do a job, he's gonna need more info to get the job done. He made me feel like we were children running to take pictures of a death scene. Whole thing kinda upset me. Felt like he walked by and slapped Death's character in the face while shooting mine in the back <.>
And Shade I won't know anything about lycans I'll just be able to smell where it came from and went... ^^ So I won't be taking your job I promise XD
-sniffles in the corner with an annoyed grimace and slowly calms herself-

-Bows to Asmo- Sorry I'll try to keep things like that to myself. Forgive me for tearing up the page <.>
-continues to hide in corner feeling bad for feeling bad-

Remember kiddos: animosity towards your character is not animosity towards you. Separate yourself from the character.

Oh.

*Recalls the letter bomb he sent to Orion*

.... Holy crap, for a second, I thought I was on facebook.

Jesus, the things that happen while I sleep in.

*PRESSES EMOTIONAL RESTART BUTTON*

There, everything's all back to normal, no feelings of hurt, upset, anger, frustration, or in Asmo's case: WTF.

We're all good.

NOW TALK TO EACH OTHER. I need to talk to you guys more too..

Oh I know I didn't take it as towards me or Death personally I took it towards the character... but even at the character I felt it... a tad misplaced, I'm not saying someone can't dislike our characters. It was just the way he put it that made him seem like his was the only one who knew what he was doing, and as if his character was shoving my friends in a toilet or something.
i have no bad feelings toward the writer or even his character. I know it wasn't necessarily thrown directly at Death's person... But it was thrown at his character a bit for unheeded reason in my eyes. And that WAS written by his person. Whether towards Death or his character, he controls his characters words. So therefore putting something towards another character that doesn't really need to be said when he doesn't know exact details about him, can still be viewed as an insult if only to the character.
I'm not upset about it anymore, I just wanted him to know I'm not mad at him nor do I or Death think the comment was thrown at us directly. It's just you also control your character so mislead comments to another character can be read as wrong to the character and the person behind the other character. ^^ Sorry lol i hope no one thinks i'm being a jerk, i apologize for feeling upset for having my friends characters entrance a bit... undertaken. But i merely felt upset how the characters were placed. But i'm not going to be a jerk and say anything about the person. Me personally just felt a tad hurt. But that's my personal feeling as to how a post went. and I'm over it now and hope we can prove that our characters are badass ^^ Lol. ^^ -hugs kitteh- sorry for the spew, just wanted you to know I'm not taking it as a personal insult but i took it as a hit to our characters XD. But not anymore -pokes her- I also have a question for you but i will send you a PM XD hehe

Remember kiddos: animosity towards your character is not animosity towards you. Separate yourself from the character.

Sorry, I mary-sue every character I make. It's personal. Very personal.

Okay, I think what will help us all is a change of perspective. Less of the "How everyone thinks of me" approach and more of the "How I think of everyone" approach.

Too many of us are pissing each other off by putting the blinkers on and ruthlessly pursuing our own character schtick to the detriment of group dynamics. We can't all be the mysterious edgy one who hangs on the sidelines. God knows you all seem to be trying to be THAT GUY. But trust me, it's boring. Very, very boring.

So, at the risk of flogging an old horse, please think about the ROLES that you play for each other. In Corben's case it goes like this:

- Aloysius is my wise friend who I can always count on. He has seen me through tough times and I trust him with my life.

- Eric is my mentor, the one who held the job before me. I respect his ways, even if I don't understand why he gave up the rank.

- Atlas is my science guy. He snaps like a twig, but the boy just blew a dragon's head off. The kid's alright.

- Malwin and Leonardo are feuding egos who I have to balance against each other. I think each of them is arrogant and dangerous in their own way.

- Arkavenn is a drunkard and always late. I resent that in him, but cannot deny that he packs a punch. I'm willing to stand up for him, because I know I need him

- Derek is impulsive at best and ill-tempered at worst. He has the strength to lead in my place, but not the people skills. I don't think he's ready yet.

- Erilyn unsettles me. I have yet to get the measure of her. I do not know if she will be a burden to us, and I do not have time to train her.

- Riktor reminds me of the heritage I serve. He speaks of the old ways. I listen to him like a storyteller and respect the care he gives to the FateGuard chapel.

- Ferrick is another unknown. He spends too much time alone - does not mix with the others. I must find out what troubles him.

- I do not understand Alexander. He is a man who knows he is fated for martyrdom. I do not understand how he can live like that.

- Elayna's heart is in the right place, but I cannot help but question why she chooses this life. She seems better suited to the court.

- I know Alyss will fight well, but the whispers are getting to me. The people are right... she cannot be trusted. I will not turn my back on that girl.

- Likewise, the twins are expert and dependable, but they tarnish our image. How can we get the people to believe in us when we have masked freaks in our midst?

- Tahan? Get the fuck out of my unit!

Think about how the group works, not about how everyone "puts up with your shit".

We're the only humans in a desolate wilderness beseiged by nightly horrors. We're supposed to have a bond.

*Points to Asmo* That is a GM. Most people think it's only a role to lead your own story, but look at what he's done. He makes sure everything is copacetic with his players, makes sure to encourage planning between the players, and untangles the knots of confusion.

It's one of the reasons I like his RPs, I know I'm in good hands and if RP drama occurs, he'll make sure it stops; and if I'm doin' something wrong, he'll help out and tell me- usually in snarky tones.

His RPs are complex, but I wouldn't say that they're not Newb-friendly.

TK's GM review of the day. Star rating: FIVE STARS, with a bonus star for being a brit.

Okay, I think what will help us all is a change of perspective. Less of the "How everyone thinks of me" approach and more of the "How I think of everyone" approach.

Too many of us are pissing each other off by putting the blinkers on and ruthlessly pursuing our own character schtick to the detriment of group dynamics. We can't all be the mysterious edgy one who hangs on the sidelines. God knows you all seem to be trying to be THAT GUY. But trust me, it's boring. Very, very boring.

So, at the risk of flogging an old horse, please think about the ROLES that you play for each other. In Corben's case it goes like this:

- Aloysius is my wise friend who I can always count on. He has seen me through tough times and I trust him with my life.

- Eric is my mentor, the one who held the job before me. I respect his ways, even if I don't understand why he gave up the rank.

- Atlas is my science guy. He snaps like a twig, but the boy just blew a dragon's head off. The kid's alright.

- Malwin and Leonardo are feuding egos who I have to balance against each other. I think each of them is arrogant and dangerous in their own way.

- Arkavenn is a drunkard and always late. I resent that in him, but cannot deny that he packs a punch. I'm willing to stand up for him, because I know I need him

- Derek is impulsive at best and ill-tempered at worst. He has the strength to lead in my place, but not the people skills. I don't think he's ready yet.

- Erilyn unsettles me. I have yet to get the measure of her. I do not know if she will be a burden to us, and I do not have time to train her.

- Riktor reminds me of the heritage I serve. He speaks of the old ways. I listen to him like a storyteller and respect the care he gives to the FateGuard chapel.

- Ferrick is another unknown. He spends too much time alone - does not mix with the others. I must find out what troubles him.

- I do not understand Alexander. He is a man who knows he is fated for martyrdom. I do not understand how he can live like that.

- Elayna's heart is in the right place, but I cannot help but question why she chooses this life. She seems better suited to the court.

- I know Alyss will fight well, but the whispers are getting to me. The people are right... she cannot be trusted. I will not turn my back on that girl.

- Likewise, the twins are expert and dependable, but they tarnish our image. How can we get the people to believe in us when we have masked freaks in our midst?

- Tahan? Get the fuck out of my unit!

Think about how the group works, not about how everyone "puts up with your shit".

We're the only humans in a desolate wilderness beseiged by nightly horrors. We're supposed to have a bond.

Well, I just got a little project to do tonight. Bravo Asmo.

I don't suppose we'd be encouraged to post our own variants of that would we?

roflmao thank you, and I will try to be less edgy ^^. -half bows- forgive my acting out. ^.^ You are a very good GM i hope i can learn something from you XD

write a post, go to sleep and holy fuck. EVERYONE on the planet seems to have a reason for being pissy with you.

Hell with this, I'm continuing with my razor edgy posts. Cause they're so sharp. I interact with no one else in this RP. I am an angsty loner. This whole RP is about how you all view my character. So deal with the fact you all have to put up with my shit. I will in no way reveal over time past relationships with other characters and how they are perceived by my character. Totally not working toward that in any way whatsoever. Cause it bores me. I got in this to Falcon punch dragons. You should all feel totally blessed to have Saint in this RP. Cause it totally does not have enough valid, let alone interesting characters to keep it going without him. I never read anyone else's posts anyway. I just assume that someone will always be paying attention to my character.

AND IT'S TOO LATE TO TAKE BACK THAT LETTER BOMB JACK, I KNOW WHERE YOU LIVE.

Alright. Here are the results of that inner relations project.

-Corben: I have a great deal of respect for Corben. Ever since my parents died serving the FateGuard I'd sooner turn to him for advice on important matters. I can't imagine what the FateGuard would be like without him.

-Atlas: I don't know what I personally would do without Atlas. My armor's magical protection is nothing next to the physical protection. Without Atlas' wards fighting magical enemies would likely be the death of me.

-Arkavenn: The big guy is a drunk but honestly that doesn't bother me. What does worry me is that he's constantly late because I feel much safer when he's around and in a big brawl there's no one I'd sooner have at my back.

-Alexander: A man fated to die a martyr, yet he joins the FateGuard. Is he trying to make something of himself before he dies? Or perhaps he's seeking a way to avert his fate?

-Alyss: I look at her, think of what the people say, and I'm filled with sadness. I want to get to know her, but I haven't the foggiest how to approach her. She only interacts with her master as far as I know. That's all well and good, but everyone needs a friend. Perhaps all I need to do is reach out?

-Eric: I like Eric. We've trained a fair number of rookies together. One of these days I should get him to teach me some better swordplay. Immensely powerful defense won't get me anywhere if I don't keep up on sword skills.

-Leonardo: I don't talk much with Leonardo. I don't dislike him, but sometimes I have to question if his true loyalty is with the FateGuard or the church. Every time he and Malwin argue I have to suppress the urge to gag and/or knock their heads together.

-Malwin: Malwin is a sneaky bugger and makes me a tad uncomfortable. Still, his poison expertise is nice for stealthy and delicate missions. Every time he and Leonardo argue I have to suppress the urge to gag and/or knock their heads together.

-Ferrick: Ferrick freaks me the hell out. Someone needs to figure out what's making the poor guy tick before it drives him insane.

-Erilyn: Considering how many recruits I've helped train I can't help but smile seeing Erilyn in the FateGuard. I feel a bit obligated to watch her back. Letting the rookies die would do Eric a disservice.

-Aloysius: Aloysius gets to places I can't and watches our backs. He's a very reliable individual and I rather like him.

-Riktor: He's a bit old fashioned, but there's not really a problem with that. Its nice to have someone behind us that knows history like he does.

-Elayna: Her presence in the FateGuard really makes me tilt my head in curiosity, but who am I to question her reasons? Her intentions seem pure enough and if she's in it to protect the people I welcome her with open arms.

-Nadia and Aidan: I like the teamwork they bring to the table. It goes deeper than just the FateGuard as a group. I've been tempted to flirt with Nadia on one or two occassions, but seeing as she and Aidan are always together that would make it a bit odd and the blindness does a good job of that on its own.

-Tahan: Oath or no oath I'm tempted to talk to the king about Father Gregory for forcing these burdens on us, as not one of them has been anything more. But when Leonardo called him FateGuard I almost punched him. Still, none of his precursors I can recall have been called FateGuard. Something is very wrong, but there's no point into pursuing it as I doubt Leonardo or the church would tell me anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.