FateGuard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Give me a moment to give our fearless leader an assessment of the dagger.

Sorry for the lack of activity, I was sick!

I'll try to get a post up today...but if not today, then I promise it will be up by tomorrow.

Alright hate to be a bother and I've already guessed that you've no more room for characters let alone 2... So let me know if I'm right? And if there's no more room forgive me for bothering everyone if there is room, may my friend and I join?

I'll post tomorrow, promise. I just need to finish this problem set ...

I was just about to declare my intention to choke a bitch.

You're safe....for tonight....*Points and backs away into the shadows*

O.O..... were you referring to me? I'm sorry.... i just wanted to ask O.O <.>

If Unanun doesn't post soon, we can all take turns choking him.

Alright hate to be a bother and I've already guessed that you've no more room for characters let alone 2... So let me know if I'm right? And if there's no more room forgive me for bothering everyone if there is room, may my friend and I join?
More the merrier. This is one of those "wagon-load of people" roleplays.

Still waiting on you guys to call on Ark to knock down the perp's door.

Alright thank you it might not be up tonight, we like to do a bit of research make it perfect, but hopefully up by tomorrow night at the latest. ^^ Thank you again XD

DON'T KILL ME! I'LL POST SOON! I'M SORRY ASMO!

Name: Nadia Sven

Appearance:
lady_grey_by_sakimichan-d417pzh-1.jpg
Nadia
has extremely long white hair that she keeps in high pigtails, she hasn't cut it since the day she was born, she finds it unfitting to cut it short.
Luckily she stands at an amazing 6'1" so her hair is rarely a problem. Not to mention she usually wears 4" suede boots under her dress bringing her daytime height to about 6'5". When Nadia is on her FateGuard duties she wears a slim black catsuit instead, much like her brothers suede suit except hers is made of black soft leather and she wears ankle high black boots. Nadia like her twin brother Aidan have been completely blind since birth, so when they joined the FateGuard they were given masks to cover their pupiless eyes. When Nadia was younger she had a run in with a man, who cut her cheek when she rebelled. Her brother saved her and killed the man so they both depend on each other to this day. Nadia wears arm length black leather gloves, a very long black dress and a high choker that was once her mothers. Her skin is almost as white as her hair and she rarely if ever wears makeup.

Reputation: Nadia and her brother Aidan are renowned for working as a team, when they were younger after Nadia's accident with the man, both realized they had to protect each other and used their abilities to their extent. Nadia had an exceptional strength of smell, able to tell if someone was close, and if she had smelled you before she'd know exactly who was there, whether they spoke, moved, or breathed. She learned to scent almost like a feline and used this ability along with her brothers hearing to become the trackers of the group. They are rarely called upon, but the FateGuard like to have them around if a more sentient beast of the outside world needs taken care of. They will usually be sent in first, to track any unknown creature in the area or to figure out exactly where the enemy is at the time. The are almost like the FateGuards tracking dogs. The will send them in to find the enemy and then flush it out. They both rarely use actual fighting skills but they both have them if need be.

Royal Blessing:
Scorpion_by_malmida.jpg
Nadia and her brother were both given whip swords when they joined the FateGuard. Her sword was colored blue for her eyes her brothers green for his. They have followed this strange color code ever since. The weapons have the ability to be used as a short sword for close encounters, but if need be with a flick of the holders wrist it can quickly become a long chain like bladed whip. The butterfly had been their mothers favorite things, so the smith who had made the weapons did so in memory of her. How can they see where the whip end is you say? Nadia after a life of blindness has quickly learned to determine weight and so can tell where the end of the blade is depending on how her hand and wrist are holding and swinging the blade.

Holy Blessing: Nadia and her brother were both given a gift from their mother at birth. Their mother had once been a holy healer, but when she fell in love she left the lone life of the cleric. A parting gift from her fellow sisters was a high choker, they said so she could still keep her beauty hidden. And a shoulder halo, blessed by the gods so when worn it will float slightly above ones shoulders. Both gifts had been blessed with powers unknown until they were worn by Nadia and Aidan. Nadia's choker gives her the ability to slightly mirror her surroundings, which gives her a 'disappear' affect. She cannot fade completely as she will still be tangible, touchable have you if someone were to bump into her. But to look her direction you would merely see whatever was behind and around her. She can also move like this but it can sometimes give her area a slightly blurred view if she moves too quickly. If she stays still there is no blue or shimmer at all. People say the ability came from the sisters, and they said it hid beauty to hint at that fact that it could hide someone entirely.

Magic Blessing: Nadia and her brother were again given a special gift when they joined the FateGuard. They could hear and smell amazingly but the group decided to give them a gift that would be hidden. Seeing as they were blind most people did not understand how they could get around so well, and their eyes, being pure ice blue for Nadia and pure neon green for Aidan seemed to bother people when they 'looked' at them. So they were given 'eye masks' that covered their faces down to the bridge of their noses. Nadia was given a black to go with her style. What was unknown to most people was the ability behind the mask. Through a strange magic they had enchanted them to give a slight sense of sight. Neither of them could see color or actual detail, but like a black, white and gray sketched world they could see outlines, shapes and small details like no one else could. Their world was colorless but they could now at least see what they couldn't before. It also added to their extreme smell and hearing enough to make them extremely good tracker/hunters.

Legend: Nadia's and Aidan's mother died when they were born. Having a sea section after her death they had to cut open her stomach so both siblings were technically born at the same time. So there has never been any twin rivalry as to who is better or older. Some say the blind children's darkness had caused their mothers death while others circle it was the gods punishing her for leaving the sisters. For some reason after the death of his loved one and the realization of his blind children in a hard world, the father left, and has never been seen from again. Nadia and Aidan were raised by their mother midwife, and they have considered her family since they were born. They do not disregard their real mothers love nor do they call the midwife mom. But they will never speak of their father and anyone who would threaten their mothers midwife's life would forfeit there own. The townspeople will rarely commune with the twins and everyone tends to grow rather quiet around their presence. The twins don't mind, it gives them peace. But they always wonder if they are viewed as dark or evil. Or if people are just awed by them.

Off-Duty:
Nadia and her brother are actually somewhat social people, they enjoy the taverns and local activities when not hunting or tracking their newest prey. They also tend to spend a quantity of time with Laula, their 'mid mother', the woman who helped her mother through the pregnancy and birth. She has raised them and housed them all of their lives so they mostly work and make money to help her through her old age. She was somewhat young when they were born, but through all the stress and trouble of their childhood she has become old quickly. Now only in her late 30's she rarely leaves her small home and is happy when the twins arrive home safely. Nadia and her brother will gladly join activities thrown or held by their friends and the FateGuard, but they tend to get stares and whispered comments by those who do not know them well. Nadia being her 6'1" and boots bringing her to Aidan's natural 6'5" can tend to add to the blind twins oddness. But they smile and enjoy themselves anyway. It's not that they can't hear the comments or smell the fear or confusion. They merely choose to ignore or accept it.
Nadia and Aidan were both trained in tapestry by their mid mother. Learning to work with their hands from a very young they have become the envy of the city with how amazingly beautiful there sowing is. They make most of their money selling their things in a small shop in town. Their mid mother also makes small things at her home such as hats and gloves for them to sell to help them in caring for her as well.

PENDING: The black dress isn't always going to be practical. I assume she has more functional gear when on extended patrols? Also, I don't think she should be able to "smell" the end of her whip. Can we just say that she has practiced so well with it that she "knows" where the weight falls? And what exactly does Nadia do for work? Other than that, she's good to go.

Reactions: 1 person
Name: Aidan Sven

Appearance:
dda0aa5ef8096534f0dae9e04b74d3e3-d4hr0zw-2.png

Aidan has short white hair with long bangs and a dark olive colored skin. He has a somewhat feminine jaw and nose and a very tall thin frame that makes for quick movement in tight spaces.

Aidan stands at 6'5". Aidan like his twin sister Nadia have been completely blind since birth, so when they joined the FateGuard they were given masks to cover their pupiless eyes. When Aidan was younger he found his sister being attack by a man and ran in without regard to his own health as he heard her cry out. The man had cut his sisters face he later found out and as he tried to pry the knife from the mans hand the man turned and bit Aidan ears. Which ripped part of it off. Aidan has found the affect rather funny considering he found his ability for heightened hearing after the incident. He even had the ear pieced and now wears a horned headdress to hold up his mask. Merely to show off his ear. He was proud to have saved his sister, and proud that to this day no one has bothered her because of it. Aidan wears a maroon red suede body suit that is tight enough to his body to quiet the noise normal clothing would make in a hunting situation. But it also gives him enough comfort and movement in those also tight spaces. The suit covers all the way to just below his knees, where his shin high laced leather boots raise to. The suit also covers his entire arm on both sides and loops around his thumb at the bottom. He also wears the floating halo shoulder armor that was given to him by his mother.

Reputation: Aidan and his sister are renowned for working as a team, when they were younger after Nadia's accident with the man, both realized they had to protect each other and used their abilities to their extent. Aidan had an exceptional ability with hearing. He could hear something almost a mile away and tell how heavy it was, what it was probably made of, how fast it was moving if moving at all, and if it were coming this way. He also could tell if something was breathing nearby, enough to know how stressed they were, how fast or deep they were breathing and even how tall the were because of it. He learned to listen to things other than the natural sounds. And it helped him greatly along with his sisters smell to tell if an enemy was close, moving towards them and what to expect. They are rarely called upon, but the FateGuard like to have them around if a more sentient beast of the outside world needs taken care of. They will usually be sent in first, to track any unknown creature in the area or to figure out exactly where the enemy is at the time. The are almost like the FateGuards tracking dogs. The will send them in to find the enemy and then flush it out. They both rarely use actual fighting skills but they both have them if need be.

Royal Blessing:

ShadowWitch119-1.png
Aidan and Nadia were both given whip swords when they joined the FateGuard. His sword was colored green for his eyes his sisters blue for hers. They have followed this strange color code ever since. The weapons have the ability to be used as a short sword for close encounters, but if need be with a flick of the holders wrist it can quickly become a long chain like bladed whip. The butterfly had been their mothers favorite things, so the smith who had made the weapons did so in memory of her. How can they see where the whip end is you say? They don't need to. Aidan can actually hear where the end of the whip is and how fast its moving.

Holy Blessing: Aidan and his sister were both given a gift from their mother at birth. Their mother had once been a holy healer, but when she fell in love she left the lone life of the cleric. A parting gift from her fellow sisters was a high choker, they said so she could still keep her beauty hidden. And a shoulder halo, blessed by the gods so when worn it will float slightly above ones shoulders. Both gifts had been blessed with powers unknown until they were worn by Nadia and Aidan. Aidan was given the shoulder halo which somehow floats gently right above the wearers shoulders and wraps behind the neck. It wasn't until Aidan wore it and had been attacked that he knew the true ability. If attacked by an outside source or force a small shield like bubble will suddenly appear around the person wearing the halo. You can put your arm through it because it's not always there. And it seems to be triggered whenever needed. Like it has a mind of it's own, it will appear if someone were to stab the wearer from behind, or know if someone were merely running up to hug them. As if an angel itself were in the halo. Aidan realized that even with his hearing and new sight there were other creatures out there with other powers that could sneak up on him. So he wears the halo consistently, believe perhaps his mother is watching down on him still.

Magic Blessing: Aidan and his sister were again given a special gift when they joined the FateGuard. They could hear and smell amazingly but the group decided to give them a gift that would be hidden. Seeing as they were blind most people did not understand how they could get around so well, and their eyes, being pure ice blue for Nadia and pure neon green for Aidan seemed to bother people when they 'looked' at them. So they were given 'eye masks' that covered their faces down to the bridge of their noses. Aidan was given a maroon red suede mask to go with his bodysuit. What was unknown to most people was the ability behind the mask. Through a strange magic they had enchanted them to give a slight sense of sight. Neither of them could see color or actual detail, but like a black, white and gray sketched world they could see outlines, shapes and small details like no one else could. Their world was colorless but they could now at least see what they couldn't before. It also added to their extreme smell and hearing enough to make them extremely good tracker/hunters. One thing Aidan will always remember was, they may be able to see now. But in situations where normal people couldn't even see, or in a situation where your eyes can deceive you. His sister and himself were priceless. Like a light in the dark they could always find their way, with or without their masks.

Legend: Aidan and Nadia's mother died when they were born. Having a sea section after her death they had to cut open her stomach so both siblings were technically born at the same time. So there has never been any twin rivalry as to who is better or older. Some say the blind children's darkness had caused their mothers death while others circle it was the gods punishing her for leaving the sisters. For some reason after the death of his loved one and the realization of his blind children in a hard world, the father left, and has never been seen from again. Nadia and Aidan were raised by their mother midwife, and they have considered her family since they were born. They do not disregard their real mothers love nor do they call the midwife mom. But they will never speak of their father and anyone who would threaten their mothers midwife's life would forfeit there own. The townspeople will rarely commune with the twins and everyone tends to grow rather quiet around their presence. The twins don't mind, it gives them peace. But they always wonder if they are viewed as dark or evil. Or if people are just awed by them.

Off-Duty: Aidan and his sister are actually somewhat social people, they enjoy the taverns and local activities when not hunting or tracking their newest prey. They also tend to spend a quantity of time with Laula, their 'mid mother', the woman who helped her mother through the pregnancy and birth. She has raised them and housed them all of their lives so they mostly work and make money to help her through her old age. She was somewhat young when they were born, but through all the stress and trouble of their childhood she has become old quickly. Now only in her late 30's she rarely leaves her small home and is happy when the twins arrive home safely. Nadia and her brother will gladly join activities thrown or held by their friends and the FateGuard, but they tend to get stares and whispered comments by those who do not know them well. Nadia being her 6'1" and boots bringing her to Aidan's natural 6'5" can tend to add to the blind twins oddness. But they smile and enjoy themselves anyway. It's not that they can't hear the comments or smell the fear or confusion. They merely choose to ignore or accept it. Aidan though he'd never outright say it, loves his sister dearly and believes it is his duty as a brother to watch over and protect her. Whether older or stronger or not he didn't believe himself above her in any way, nor did she. He merely felt himself the need to watch over her. And he protects her as much as they protect their mid mother.

PENDING: There is no conclusive public proof of magic in this setting. The floating shoulder armour would have to be covered, or have the appearance of being attached. And can we say that it only protects against attackers who try to "blind-side you"? It's no fun if you nullify all of your weaknesses. And what exactly does Aidan do for work?

*Checks his watch*

That's 24 hours!

*Drags Unanun into the back room and brutally strangles him*

I want a whip sword. >:(

Also, Jack, Orion and Unanun... your time is running out.

*opens the chest where the Sword of Hijackia resides*

Today, after I buy groceries.

There posted.

For some reason Saint must not think a blind assassin alone in the dark while a werewolf runs loose is a good idea.

On both mine a deathrillz we will change some stuff when I get back from work in a few hours, he will change the halo so it sits just on his shoulders, and that it only protects from fast projectiles, not from everything, sorry bout that was late and we were rolling with ideas ^^ Also i didn't put but yes she doesn't wear the dress or boots for work, I'll edit with her work outfit. Also I didn't realized that the FateGuard wasn't a job ^^ I will try to come up with something for them both to do. I thought perhaps the fateguard was their job ^^. i will fix it. And I will also fix the smelling the end of the sword ^^ I thought it was risky but sounded kewl. Lol I will change it later XD. Thanks sorry bout the trouble, I'll have it fixed later ^^

I got caught up in the joy of domestic duties like cleaning the kitchen and bathroom, so I'll post before I leave for groceries. I'm leaving Jack Shade a few hooks he can improvise on at will, but they're open ended enough for him to deny if he wants.

As always, good posts everyone. I had fun reading.

Status
Not open for further replies.