Assassin's Doubt

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
"I thought about that... instead of what I said earlier, let's go after Rai first. She's the arms dealer. After Rai, we get Ryan, who's the big guard, and then Sicilia, who is the second in command. Then we can get the big dog." He sat down beside Thomas in a different chair.

"Right. Next question: what's the best way to go after an arms dealer without getting shot full of holes? I mean we've got guns, but she's got lots more guns. And she's probably an expert shot," Thomas points out. "Any ideas for bringing her down alive?"

"Easy. I'll ask her to meet me, tell her a job went south and I need to resupply, tell her to bring some small arms, when she arrives, I'll take the weapons and pin her down... we arrest her and bam, she's down. She's not too strong, and yes, she's a good shot, but I've beaten her plenty of times wrestling around." Hayden put his arms on the table after he spoke.

Thomas nods slowly. "Sounds like a safe plan. As far as tomorrow night goes, I'm hoping Mr. Cobblestone's alien call was just radio interference." He yawns and rubs his eyes. "Guess we'll find out soon. We'd better get some sleep - we'll be up all night tomorrow."

Alaster, too, yawns and stretches his paws out, hopping onto Hayden's bed to curl up.

(Would you prefer the aliens to be a radio transmission or real aliens? XD)

(Hmmm... real aliens would be hilarious X) but radio transitions might be more practical..)

Hayden chuckled as Alaster hopped onto his bed. Walking over, he smiled. "Scoot over some, buddy." He pet Alaster's head softly as he sat on the edge of the bed.

(True XD)

Alaster barks softly and rolls onto his back, curling up contently around Hayden.

"I think he likes you, Hayden," Thomas says with a laugh. He flops into his own bed and heaves a sigh. "Hey, um . . . thanks for checking on me. You didn't have to."

Hayden pet Alaster as he scooted. "I wanted to, whether I had to or not." He smiled a little. "If you ever need anything, even just a hug.. I'm right here. You can always ask." He laid down and continued petting Alaster.

Thomas smiles and relaxes. He couldn't have been luckier to get Hayden as a friend. "Thanks," he says softly. "You're the best, Hayden. I, um . . . have a good night." He closes his eyes and tries to ignore the blush that's snuck back onto his cheeks. He's pretty sure now that he's falling for Hayden, but there's no way he's telling him until he's sure the other boy feels the same way. No point in ruining one of his few friendships.

Hayden smiled and relaxed into the bed. "Sweet dreams Thomas.." he yawned, closing his eyes and starting to fall asleep. He didn't lose his smile, still thinking about the detective who was laying just a few feet from him. He knew he was starting to fall, but he wouldn't say anything. What if Thomas didn't feel the same? He shifted to a more comfortable position before drifting into sleep.

The next morning, Alaster decides to wake the boys up by jumping on them and licking their faces.

"Pssht - ! Wh -? All right, all right, I'm up!" Thomas says with a laugh, wiping drool off his cheek. "Go get Hayden."

Alaster barks and hops back onto Hayden's bed, doing the same to him.

Hayden gasped, his eyes popping open and he sat up, looking around quickly before relaxing. He chuckled as he realized it was only Alaster. "Hey bud..." he yawned and pet Alaster and looked over to Thomas. "Morning." He smiled weakly. He wasn't fully a morning person, nor did he sleep all that great... he was glad Alaster had woken him from his nightmare. He stretched and stood. "So... what are our plans for today?"

"What's the matter? Alaster scare you?" Thomas asks, though his tone is kind and gentle, not teasing. "I have to admit, it'll take me a while to get used to Alaster waking me up, too."

He yawns and rubs his eyes, stumbling out of bed. "Mr. Cobblestone's not heading out until eleven or so tonight. So until then, I guess we have a day off. Want to go hang out at the mall or something? Maybe the carnival? I've got lots of dough left over from my summer job and my last case."

Hayden just kind of shook his head and walked to the window. "Carnival? That sounds interesting." He shrugged and turned back to Thomas. "I've never actually been to the carnival.."

Thomas smiles and stumbles over toward his dresser, pulling out a shirt and pants before heading for the bathroom to change. "Carnival it is, then. I'll be out in a few minutes, okay?" he adds, closing the door behind him.

Hayden nodded. Leaning on the window a little, he stared outwards. After a moment, he slowly slid down to sit on the floor. "Alaster, c'mere buddy.." He said quietly. He held his arms out, wanting to pet the pup. He felt down, his nightmare having bothered him greatly.

The pitbull mix scampers over and leaps into Hayden's arms, squirming and trying to lick the boy's face. Alaster whines and gets as close as he can. He can tell the boy needs him.

Thomas strolls out a few minutes later and stretches, letting out a loud yawn. "There we go! All ready for the carnival and - !" His voice trails off when he finds Hayden slumped by the wall. "You okay?"

Hayden rested his forehead on Alaster, gently petting him. He relaxed after a little. When Thomas came out, he jumped. "Me? I'm fine.. just a bad dream, that's all." He smiled a little and gently set Alaster down before he stood. He stretched slightly. "They aren't too fun." He rubs his neck, his eyes dropping to the floor again.

"Hm," Thomas says softly. He walks over and wraps Hayden in a hug, attempting to comfort him. "You want to talk about it? Maybe grab a cinnamon roll from the hotel breakfast?"

Alaster sits quietly at Hayden's feet now, panting and wagging his tail. With both the dog and Thomas to support him, Hayden's sure to bounce back soon.

Hayden looked up as Thomas hugged him. He still wasn't quite used to it.. but he did like it. He hugged Thomas back, gently resting his head on Thomas's shoulder, but only for a brief moment. "A cinnamon roll sounds good.. I don't know if I want to talk about it yet." He said calmly. He did begin to feel better, relaxing.

Thomas smiles and pats Hayden's shoulder before he walks to the door and holds it open. "Well, if you're sure. But I'm here any time you want to talk, okay? You were there for me."

Alaster bounces out the door as soon as it's open, barking and bolting down the hall toward the breakfast room.