It has been five years since the defeat of Nohman and BAHRAM. The galaxy is now no longer under the control of the UNSF, but is still put under their care in cases of space pirates and other dangers that appear throughout the cosmos. Mars monitors itself these days, and in that wake many other colonies have since began running their own private coalitions of governments. Some colonists have even spread as far out as Neptune by using newly founded climate control technology that allows for easy living on the planets and moons that far away from the Sun. While things seem like they are sustaining a very controlled and stable way of living, numerous reports that began coming up a year ago have caused members of the UNSF's board to raise an eyebrow.
Starting with random occurrences related to satellite colonies found in the asteroid belt it appears that many unmanned Orbital Frames have begun attacking in very odd patterns. Again, they started with small satellite colonies of little importance to any major projects or population counts. These attacks however seem to be so calculated that they almost seem like they were done by a master strategist. First, the shields went out. After that the defenses. Finally the Frames began attacking life support and then they finally overloaded the cores of these colonies causing them to implode into themselves with some kind of Metatron based explosion. It was a miracle any survivors made it out of the blast radius to report their sitings.
What was at first considered merely a number of pirate raids gone wrong, is now believed to be the worst possible option: remnants of BAHRAM have regrouped and begun going about their plans of absolute destruction through the power of Metatron. After huge shipments of Metatron were stolen from a trade route outside of Saturn, the Frames used in the attack were identified as BAHRAM Raptors. The belief is now that there is a new leader taking up the task that Nohman left behind and is intending to rebuild the AUMAN project. While there is no evidence to suggest that BAHRAM has anything further than unmanned Orbital Frames in their arsenal, it cannot be risked that a simple army of LEVs can stand up to BAHRAM considering how poorly the UNSF efforts were just using LEVs in the last encounter with BAHRAM. Because of that, the UNSF has pushed forward with an idea to prepare strong pilots to take the helm of new Orbital Frames that are currently under construction.
You are one of those pilots that has been selected to join the training program to find pilots worthy of taking control of a highly advanced Orbital Frame. The UNSF has chosen you because of your abilities as both ground troops and talented LEV pilots. The hope is that through this training, a program dubbed F.A.T.E. (Frame Appointment Training Exercise), is that you will be able to be a part of the most advanced fighting force that the UNSF has ever sent out to defend the galaxy and all the free peoples of space. You may be from Earth, Mars or perhaps a random satellite colony among the stars, but here you are a member of the UNSF. You will soon become the first, last and only line of defense against BAHRAM and the destructive force of Metatron. It is our greatest strength and without you, our inevitable extinction. Welcome to Zone of the Enders: F.A.T.E. Squadron.
1. No Godmodding or power gaming of any kind. Be sure that if you are in a fight, don't make your targeting system something made by God or your Frame has the greatest maneuvers in the galaxy. Every pilot can be had at any given moment. Be fair and honest. This also goes for any repairs that your Frame may need to go through or injuries your character has to recover from due to potential crashes, ground battle injuries or tech burns. Again, be reasonable
2. Be sure to work on your posts. No two four sentence paragraphs. Be sure to develop what you are doing as your character and how the world is reacting as well. The more you write, the more your fellow roleplayers will be able to write back. A minimum of three to four paragraphs a post please.
3. Be considerate of your posting speeds. If you and another person are in a sequence of just your characters, that's fine. But if you carry on for three pages of just the two characters that takes it a little far. Try to make opportunities for other people to become involved as well and push the story. The more plot lines we can make, the better.
4. Be sure to inform me if you are taking a hiatus for a period of time. Two days of no contact and I will begin to worry. By the third day I will send a message to you asking where you are at. The fourth day we will remove the character from a scene in some way. WE WILL NOT KILL YOUR CHARACTER OFF AT THIS TIME! You will have a week before that comes to pass.
5. Be civil. If you disagree on a post or some other basic action bring it up in a polite manner and discuss it as people. No reason to start fanning flames in the OOC or making a scene in the IC either.
6. Should you have any plans of something you want to do with your or someone else's character, bring it up with them in the OOC or in the PMs before you do it. If someone starts doing something to your character and you don't want it to happen, see rule 5 on how to deal with it. Also, if you have an idea for a plot point, know that I am open to creative collaboration and feel free to PM me.
7. Enjoy your time in this story. This isn't meant to be work. The only work involved in this is myself making the rules and ground work for the story and you making characters to join. After that it is all fun and games. Please be sure to enjoy it as such.
8. Should you decide to engage in romance, know where to stop. Don't get too graphic with it. I don't know if people still do this, but if it does get more than just a little steamy take it to the messages and finish the scene out there.
So here is the full blown forum. Sorry for the delay on that folks. In the meantime I am going to have to wait til later tonight before I put my first post into the IC because I have a long day at work today. But I look forward to this little adventure of ours. In the meantime for those interested and need a little more information on the universe and what goes into the Frames, here is a detailed explanation on some of the more important parts of the lore and of course the Sub-Programs Frames can use in battle.
Terms in the ZOE universe:
Runner - A person who controls an orbital frame
Back-up AI - An implemented Battle AI that helps the Runner control the Frame
Orbital Frame - An Orbital Frame is an advanced giant mecha in the fictional universe of Zone of the Enders. It is distinguished by its enormous superiority over the more common LEV mecha. This is due to the use of the rare mineral Metatron in the Orbital Frame's armor, generator, and many other components. Metatron is a strange metaloid mineral which spontaneously compresses space, although this ability can be easily controlled, and can easily shift its shape. Through the use of Metatron, Orbital Frames can considerably reduce the mecha's size and vastly increase its energy supply and efficiency, speed, agility, armor effectiveness, and weapons capability. Standard LEV technology is completely outclassed by Orbital Frames in battle
LEV - Laborious Extra-Orbital Vehicle. There are two types; Mining and Battle
Metatron - Discovered on Jupiter's moon Callisto in the early twenty-first century, metatron is an ore that was found to have unique space warping properties that could be exploited. Though metatron is not fully understood, it became the basis of many new technologies, including locomotion, power generation, extradimensional storage, weaponry, shielding, and artificial intelligence.
Bounder: This weapon hurls a large burst of energy which arcs downwards after being thrown. Upon contact with the ground, the energy "bounds" upwards and can hit an enemy if the initial throw misses its mark.
Comet: Comet is a slightly homing burst of energy that can be fired in rapid succession. The Comet cannot be blocked, and one shot fired will repeatedly attack the same enemy for a given time.
Decoy: When used, an electronic vision of the player's mech is created, and the original mech is shrouded from enemy sensors. The decoy eventually does disappear after sustaining enough damage or if the pilot switches to another subweapon.
Floating Mine: It releases a large and powerful explosive which detonates either upon proximity or upon impact. After a mine is deployed, a pilot can grab and throw the mine.
Gauntlet: The Gauntlet is a somewhat weak weapon with a large amount of force behind it. Although it causes little damage, the gauntlet can break an enemy's guard and send them flying. It is advised that the pilot should use the gauntlet to slam enemies into surroundings to increase the damage done.
Geyser: When the weapon is used, a cluster of grenade-like weapons are thrown out. These grenades cause minor damage to and stun enemies that are hit. After hitting another solid object, the weapons each emit a "geyser" of energy which can further damage and stun enemies. The spread of the grenades can also be controlled depending upon the amount of pressure put on the circle button.
Halberd: The Halberd is a powerful, large-caliber laser weapon which consumes energy rapidly. The radius and length of the beam can be controlled depending upon the pressure put on the circle button. It can also be used to destroy obstructing buildings.
Homing Missile: A very useful weapon which launches multiple, powerful missiles that acquire individual targets. Can shoot up to sixteen missiles at once.
Javelin: It is a spear-like weapon which is thrown at an enemy. The Javelin will travel in an arc, sinking towards the ground as it is affected by gravity or straight forward in zero gravity situations. Will explode on impact.
Mummy: Mummy affords the user a powerful shield that can block nearly everything, and actually helps to regenerate the armor of the mech using it.
Phalanx: The Phalanx is a rapid-fire weapon which sprays the area ahead of the user with shots.
Sniper: A weapon that is not powered by Metatron which allows it to bypass many microwave or electronic wave powered shields. Although it is weak, the sniper has remarkable range, and can be used to engage targets from a great distance.
Vector Cannon: The Vector Cannon is immensely powerful, and is also the only weapon capable of penetrating otherwise impenetrable shields of compressed space, like the one used on Aumaan. However, the cannon has a long charging period before the beam itself can be fired, which makes it unsuitable for regular combat situations. However, once fired, it unleashes an impressive torrent of compressed space that can be whipped about when turning, similar to Halberd and can be used to blast through obstructions leading to secret areas. The immense recoil of the cannon also requires that the user's mech be on the ground, in order to be tethered to it to counter recoil.
Wisp: The Wisp allows the user to grab objects from a distance, throwing out three small bits which latch on to a target and return it to the user.
Last edited by a moderator: