2. One post per week
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Advanced
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
If money was no object, what would your dream home look like?

A mountain top ski lodge or perhaps a beach front mansion. Maybe you'd want to go full bond villain and build it inside an active volcano. Tell me about it.

Probably a beach front cottage with a forest in the back. Water and trees around and I'm all good.

I don't want a big house... they creep me out.

Last edited:
  • Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Eru and Applo
2 story log cabin* near either a river or a big lake. Personal dock for canoeing, kayaking, whatever.
Also very wooded.

Surprisingly I have a pretty ok house right now. It's not very big, 1150 sq ft only, but it's got 1 acre of land and it's really secluded, lots of woods, and trails in my backyard. So.
Considering I'll never be able to afford the dream house, I think I am doing pretty ok for myself with what I managed to snag haha.

* = Probably would want a fake log cabin, if they even make those. I just want it to look like a log cabin. I know real log cabins have some shit insulation so...

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Greenie and Applo
A big treehouse in the middle of a forest, with a full view of the sky.

• Love
  • Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Greenie and Applo
A large, self-sustainable home in the mountains with a bunker. Something that I could live out the apocalypse in. Mountains because they're freaking beautiful and also easily defendable. Would love lots of trees and a lake and/or river.

The house itself wouldn't have to be big, just nice. I'd like a lot of yard space though, plenty of trees, most importantly a Weeping Willow or two, with a pond or river or some body of water! Flowers too, I need lots'a color!

One story because of my bad knee. Would have to be near enough to town for solid internet connection. There are a couple houses here that have tiny patches of woods around them so they look secluded but are not. Would be nice. I would love to have a studio and a study and have them close together so I can easily bounce between rooms. The study would have some walls that literally bookshelves. I have so much printed word and I want room for more.

Decor I am unsure. My room is a combination of peacocks, dolphins, and fandoms. I don't know how well that would translate to a house.

I want a hot tub.And one of those windows that let you see the sky from your bedroom. Watching rain from those is fun and calming.

My bed would probably be as it is now, pillow paradise.

• Love
  • Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Applo and Greenie
/shrug

Actually, a house somewhat central in a city, as energy neutral and -efficient as possible, open internal layout, not too distracting? That'd be nice.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Applo
I'm absolutely desperate for a self-sustaining tinyhouse!! Solar panels, vegetable garden, the whole shebang. I'd love to live in a forested area, far enough away from civilization that I don't hear cars outside my window, but close enough that Amazon still delivers to my house. lmao

As for aesthetic, I'm really about that dark wood outside, like stuff of Norwegian fairytales. If you've ever been to Epcot, like that. Inside would be more modern, very white and clean with splashes of pastel. ( Can you tell I've thought about this extensively? )

3ec5563089ec8db72b699e949d7ea7c6.jpg

Money being no object this would do....unless I could have THIS!!

bedbbca623f9c6ec5e1c59c29c46d742.jpg

Then FOR SURE I WOULD TAKE THE CASTLE!

I'd like something big and slightly old-fasioned in it's interior design. Then I'd have terrariums and mythology inspired artsy things all over, maybe some swords and stuff, as well as small bookcases for Tolkein, Lovecraft, Epic Poetry, and that one book Filthy Frank wrote. And then I'd have big dogs and a cat. I'd definately want a fireplace, so that if I'm in the mood, I can put on a fluffy robe, sit back in a comfy chair, call up my dogs, and then bask in feeling like a gentleman with puppers at my feet and a cat in my lap.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Applo
Some things I need:
  • a hot-tub in full view of all my neighbors (with some ineffective fencing to at least pretend like I'm being modest). Exhibitionism will occur here. Just kidding. or am I.
  • would like to experience a bidet.
  • a tricked out play-room for when I adopt a kid or two. Or ten.
  • a smoldering British butler and a hot femme fatale bodyguard. They have to have sexual tension with eachother.
  • a room full of - or rather, made entirely out of - pillows to frolick around in with mah lurver. Will have 'Your Body's a Wonderland' by John Mayer playing constantly as ambient music.