- Genre-Bent Reality
- Steampunk
- Cyberpunk
- Dieselpunk
- Magipunk
- Sci-fi
- Superhuman
Raina
The morning after her run in with the vampire in the Forbidden forest, Raina ducked into the girl's bathroom between classes to gather herself. Waking up late and getting to class late did her no no favors. She felt like a mess! She splashed some water on her face and doubled checked the makeup she applied to the bruise on her wrist from the bastard grabbed her. It was covered but now that she was more awake she is just now realizing she could have used the color changing charm on it. Whatever. She pulled her sleeved down and fixed the bun her hair since it was threatening to come undone.

Right, now was the matter of August.

It wasn't like they had to tell each other everything. There were some things she wouldn't even broach with him, especially if those things concerned her family. She wanted to keep him as far removed from the fucked up mess as possible. Perhaps it was because of those few secretes she kept she generally made an effort to be honest where ever she could. She only lied when asked if the truth only did more harm and there was no benefit for her to be found in honesty. Technically speaking, she already met her quota on adults who needed to know about the vampire lurking around the forest. But where this concerned August... well she just plain felt obligated and there was no real reason she could for it. It was the how that had her stumped.

The only real plan she had was to ambush him in the library where rules of social convention would lock him out of yelling. Not that he had a habit of yelling at her, but there was a first for everything. If she couldn't find in in the library should would say she felt like studying in the library today because did she ever need a reason to do or be anywhere? But still, how did she bring up the fact she was out last night looking for lost pink thing and ended up talking with a vampire next to a dead deer?

Fuck it she'll worry about getting him ontobthe library and worry about the next part when she had to. With some sort of plan on mind, she left to go catch August during lunch and corral him towards the library instead.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Nemopedia
August Yilmaz
He had spiralled himself again. This time it was on the topic of life preserving gems, a branch of magic that believed itself to store life force into gems to slowly extend and preserve the lives of wizards and witches. Inspired by the theory of why wizards and witches lived longer than muggle to begin with but aged at the same rate all the same. It was the only reason he was in the library so early an hour, studying up on the philosophies and theories written on the matter as he caught the gossip.

"Scorch marks, as if someone released a Fiendfyre!" one of the voices hushed excitedly, making August wonder why people bothered to try to whisper only for everyone to hear it anyway.

"I heard it was headmaster Pyre," another student added in, which was met with; "every fire is," which really wasn't far from the truth as the headmaster was known for his pyromaniac tendencies.

Noting the news August made a mental reminder to himself to check out the mentioned marks, just to see if they were true and to see what mechanics had set them off, for the headmaster was also famous for his mastery at traps, which August knew would excite at least two of his friends.

Speaking of one, August caught sight of Raina, quick to raise his arm to wave her over as he remembered that he had forgotten breakfast earlier.

Text colour: #919364
[/div]

Raina
Too easy, she thought to herself as August waved her over. Of course he was nose deep in research that momentarily had Raina questioning if she missed something in her own studies, but taking a closer look, she didn't think life preserving gems were a current topic in any of their classes. She cocked an eyebrow before stealing one of August's books in lieu of a greeting. "What has you on this topic?" She asked, genuinely curious. It wasn't anything new honestly. He loved learning about all sorts of subject matters whether they were taught or not. It was partially how Raina got into wand lore and learned so much about it.

She flipped through it but it wasn't really capturing her attention. "I never did understand the obsession with living a long time," she grumbled. "Chasing after the idea and worrying about it so much is a waste of the time they're so eager to extend." Yeah, witches did live longer than their muggle counterparts. Some wanted to live longer still. Raina was more worried about the affects of a long life on a mortal body but people who chased forever never seem to think that far ahead. She handed the book back.

"Listen, something happened last night. On my way out of the owlery I ran into some 4th years--" Her eye caught the gaze of a nearby student and she glared. "The fuck does this look like to you?" There was some aggressive shushing but she was mainly more concerned with the students trying to eaves drop of them. Nosy little annoyances that they were, they scampered away and Raina stared after them with a huff. "Anyway, I ran into some 4 years last night and got sent on some dumb fetch quest. I, well--" She crossed her arms and tapped her a finger against her bicep. Raina was very proud person and valued competence almost as much as she valued loyalty. The next part was hard to admit because it almost sounded like she failed. "I got ambushed by a vampire in the Forbidden Forest. Still can't believe I fucking missed." How differently would the night would have gone if her initial spell actually connected?

Last edited:
August Yilmaz
If Raina could be described as a summer fair ride she'd be a bumper car, always ready to crash from the moment allowed and from all unexpected sides.

"Did you bite the vampire?" August's first question seemed like a strange one, but having been friends with Raina for as long as he had the Ravenclaw was just glad that she was still able to seek him out. That it wasn't anything worse. Though, the male thought afterwards, perhaps he should have shown more concern at the fact that she had sought him out so early, almost immediately, for it was still morning and before breakfast.

"Did you miss biting the vampire?" was the next question that followed after when the last part of her story registered. Realising that August had no knowledge at all of the aftereffects of biting a vampire the Ravenclaw pushed away, inconspicuously trying to clear up his notes as he wondered if the Hufflepuff had ever been tested on rabies.

All fun and jokes aside, however, August could only think of one reason why Raina wasn't locked up in the headmaster's office yet.

"You got ambushed by a vampire and you came to see me first," August dryly surmised, wondering what Raina was expecting him to do about the vampire. As if he was going to bite the vampire for her.

August supposed he should be grateful that his friends got into actual trouble and adventures rather than the antics most seemed to get involved in, like love troubles. How dull his time would have been in that case.

Last edited:
Raina
"Did you bite the vampire?"

"No! What dumbass would want to--" Then she remembered that her first insctinct was to bite him first when the over grown asshole had grabbed her and made for her damn neck. "I didn't bite the damned vampire!"

"Did you miss biting the vampire?"

"Would you get off me biting the damn vampire already? I was trying to defend myself against him and he fucking dodged and--" Her wrist still ached, but at this point it started to sound like she was whining about it. Her grandmother would be ficking pissed if she could hear her now. She bit her inner cheek and tried to remind herself that was talking with August. Not her matriarchs. August making it sound like she was the aggressor wasn't helping though. I tried to stop him from ambushing me and missed, alright! And even if I did bite him, the fucker was trying to hunt me for his next meal!"

"You got ambushed by a vampire and you came to see me first,"

"Why would you be the first one I would tell?!" Merlin, this was starting to become humiliating. Did he really think so little of her? "You know what? It's whatever. Just stay away from the fucking forest. I don't care how much of a stand up student you are, the bastard was practically at the treeline," she snapped. It still made her uneasy to think it was nearly her little brother that went looking for the lost pet instead of her.

Thoroughly done with this conversation, she stormed away, but it wasn't until she was about to leave that she concidered her final word, "And it's not my fucking fault the headmaster hasn't said anything yet!" The door shut behind her before any more aggressive shushing could follow her out.

Last edited:
August Yilmaz
There was a thing between August and temperamental friends, and he seemed to have as many of them as there were troublemakers. August was just glad that nothing had happened so far that forced him to attend his first funeral prematurely, or worse, sit in the backroom of the Ministry to be interrogated.

"Raina," August called out, quick to summon his notes and his books together before walking after the huffing Hufflepuff, the eyes in the library following after them like they were a pair of lovers quarrelling. Outside of the library he caught up to her, not having bothered to apologise or to quell any rumours that have been running rampant surrounding him since his time in school and having a classmate like Garaile Scriven.

"Raina, please. Have you been to the infirmary at least?" the male sighed, wondering why again his day started before breakfast was even served. A coffee sure sounded good right now with all of the happenings since the start of the school year. "This is something you should report to the headmaster," he continued, another sigh following, suspecting that the headmaster might already know if the scorch marks in the hallways were true.

"That wasn't all, was it?" August finally conceded, the thought clicking that with Raina there was always more than a simple scuffle. Whatever it was, August was thinking of two coffees. Black coffees.

• Haha
Reactions: Noctis the Devious
Raina
"This is something you should report to the headmaster."

"I did. Last night. But thank you for your vote of confidence," she snapped, not even slowing down. She conveniently ignored the comment about the infirmary. Aside from a bruise it wasn't like she was hurt. Besides, she had her fill of unwanted touch for a life time, thank you very much.

"That wasn't all, was it?"

"No. Yes? I don't know, okay!" She spun on him and stepped closer, lowering her voice. "After the whole ambush thing, I did manage put distance between us, and then we started talking. I couldn't really get much out of him but what really bothers me is how he started acting near the end of that whole encounter. Like there was something else out there. For all I know there were more of them out there. August, when I say were barely passed the tree line, that's no exaggeration. It was one Kyler's friends that lost whatever-the-fuck you call those annoying pins things and I couldn't get them to leave until I promised to find it for them. Forth years were wandering around that forest."

She resumed atorming down the hallway presumably heading toward the great hall but she really didn't have a destination in mind. "The whole thing just doesn't sit right with me. I know there's some fucked things in those woods, but telling my self that isn't making me feel better."