5. Douche
  6. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Primarily Prefer Male
  4. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Fantasy, Science Fiction, Post Apocalypse, Horror, Romance, Survival...

X-COM now apparently has super swards: Because laser guns are too mainstream, I guess.

What does everyone else think? Excited? Annoyed? :ferret:

Why would I be annoyed?
IT'LL THE GREATEST GAME EV4R!!!!

I don't have a problem with including swords, it just depends on how they're handled. I am cautiously awaiting further details before bothering to get excited or hating on it.

Reactions: Brovo
*Mouth Waters*

SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!
THIS GAME WILL BE PERFECT!

In all seriousness though, I will be watching this game for further details. But I am excited for it so far.

Needs more deep bassy noises when big things show up.

All in all...

MEH.

Getting a huge The Bureau vibe from this and it's no Bueno.

Snake aliens? Melee combat? Totalitarian regime? Rebellion?

I'm expecting; less features, fewer cheesy humor moments, and way easier gameplay.

Please let me be wrong and it be like the xcom of old.

Relevant:
XCOM On The Run: Take command of the Avenger, an alien supply craft converted to XCOM's mobile headquarters. Guide your strike force around the world, build popular support and expose the aliens' sinister plans.

Recruit Resistance Fighters: Five soldier classes, each with its own skill tree including new class abilities like Momentum, let you create specific soldiers for your tactical plan.

Tactical Guerrilla Combat: New gameplay systems offer more tactical flexibility in combat. The state of the world affects each combat mission's environment. Use concealment to ambush enemy patrols. Loot enemies for precious gear and artefacts. Rescue VIPs and save fallen comrades by carrying them to the extraction point.

A New Breed Of Enemy: A diverse cast of enemies from powerful new alien species to the Advent, enforces of the alien regime, offer a distinct tactical challenge.

Research, Develop and Upgrade: Configure and build rooms on the Avenger to give XCOM new capabilities on the battlefield. Use your Scientists and Engineers to research, develop and upgrade weapons and armour to fit your preferred tactics.

Each Mission is a Unique Challenge: Go on missions around the world, from wildlands to the heart of the alien-controlled megacities, to the depths of alien installations. There are virtually infinite combinations of maps missions, and goals.

Create Custom Mods: Community-focused tools allow you to create your own campaign, tactical gameplay, aliens, classes, strategy game features, and share within the Steam Workshop.

Engage in Head-to-Head Multiplayer: Mix-and-match squads of humans and aliens battle head-to-head on randomly-generated maps.

• Useful
Reactions: Gwazi Magnum
I'm sure this is gonna be great, but after seeing the rumor that Advent was possibly a Bioshock game, I want a futuristic Bioshock/ new Systemshock game.

Well. Suppose I should put aside 100$ now, to prepare for this, and any release-day DLC there is.

Looks pretty intriguing. I'm wondering how they're going to incorporate the whole 'resistance movement' thing. Mobile bases, having to stay one step ahead of the aliens, building up a resistance movement...

There's a lot of room for some interesting new mechanics there.

And hey, if you're an XCom oldfag who's still mad about the fact that it's not as insanely difficult as the originals, there's always Xenonauts.

Should be fun.

I too enjoy stabbing snake aliens in the face.

Status
Not open for further replies.