Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Fijoli

Original poster
Picture prompt
Here is a chance to be as creative as one can possibly be
Artists and Writers alike.

This is a picture prompt meant to exercise the way you individually visualize something and translate it into written word. Take in the picture provided, study its elements, and write a short story, a Poem, Song lyrics, or philosophical verse. The sky is the limit with this challenge and can really help connect writers with illustrators and vice versa.

Let's prove that a picture IS worth a thousand words, If not, More.

Deadline - April 30th

walls-of-doom-doomsday-destruction-31242069-1440-900.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
"Uterus"

There lies in front of me
An egg of despair.
It has no air.
It cannot breathe.

An egg of despair.
It has no air.
It cannot breathe.

I must release it soon
Or it will suffocate.
I must go find a way
To help it respirate.
I have to see to it
That life is brought to it.
This egg, it can't just rot.
This egg is all I've got.

An egg of despair
It has no air
It cannot breathe

An egg of despair
It has no air
It cannot breathe

(There is nothing but emptiness in my mind
Towering spires of thoughts and people,
But voices I do not wish to hear or climb.
Their towers are too tall and scary:
They do not feel like they're alive,
Only there to fill my world with stone,
The prism to my wisdom's ray of light,
Making rainbows that make me close my eyes.

I would rather stay, for ever and ever,
In this little glass box, trapped like an office-worker.
There are no words for me to say
All of my being and the beings in me.
I would rather be in this universe of mine,
Each crevasse in the matter of my brain is like
A rolling field, easy to run through and play in
In them my eyes are open, but are blind)

An egg of despair.
It has no air.
It cannot breathe.

An egg of despair.
It has no air.
It cannot breathe.

Oh, these nukes and aeroplanes,
Shelters for imagination;
This dazzling darkness,
Love's reciprocation.
I have to see to it
That life is brought to it.
This egg, it can't just rot.
This egg is all I've got.

An egg of despair.
It has no air.
It cannot breathe.

An egg of despair.
It has no air.
It cannot breathe.

A barren wasteland of black brown and grey

Moment to moment I wait every day

Time never ending, but the clock ticking away

Rusted and worn, I remain

And here I will forever stay

Lights shine bright in the dark, dark night

Yet they still emit a ghostly white

Within depths of this haunted place

Surprise glitches across my face

For the first time in a long time

I see a human face

Standing just across the way

I watches her, she watches me

I, the echo of what is left of and old memory.

Closer, closer she approached

Her soft hand lay against my rusted body

A tear falling from her eye

She gazed longingly into my eyes

For a moment,

I thought I knew her face,

But before I could say "Don't cry"

Darkness came

I never had the chance to say

"…Goodbye."​

"We have been Waiting"

Nothing was the way it used to be, the change was sudden. The once vivid and lively horizons were now adorned with columns of smoke and plundered building that once scrapped the skies. Otto, my dog, was the only friend I had left. I hadn't seen another human for months. Hard as I tried to make sense of it all the more I sank away from what little humanity I had left.

Otto and I walked, and walked, and walked, finding scraps of food along the way. Aimlessly searching for nothing, until we saw "him". There, in a well lit booth, the robot, hovered to wipe down the surface if its booth and played soft music. Music I know my great grandmother must have listened to. I was hesitant at first, but the smell of food drew me in rather quickly.

Standing at the booth I watched in awe of the robot's movements, the closet thing to Human life I had seen in months was in truth, not human at all. and I couldn't do anything but stand there, cry, and listen to it's radio voice. Otto barked up at me as the robot put a plae of teaming food before me. tears streaming down my cheeks that I could no longer contain. the robots arm raised and with cold metal appendages wiped my tears away and said in a vocaloid manner, "we have been waiting for you."

Reactions: 2 people
It has been a long time since me and Toma seen mommy and daddy. One of the robot vendors told us that they were working in a special building for them. But Toma thinks otherwise because he growled at the robot. I am not sure where they are for sure but maybe Toma is right and the robot was not telling the truth. I am scared something bad happened to them but as long as Toma is by my side I am sure I will be okay. We been living in a cold and damp city for four years ever since robots started to come and ruin the city. Daddy use to curse and say they were running the show but I never knew what that meant. Even though the city is gross, me and Toma still have fun then when we get bored we just stare up into the sky. It is always pretty when nothing else is.

One day me and Toma was playing fetch with a stick we found, but I accidentally threw it too far and it landed in front of one of the robot vendors. I didn't remember the robot though and it seemed like forever when we just stared at the motionless robot. Maybe it was broke. Toma walked up to it growling, I told him to stop but he didn't listen. Then the robot sparked and started to move around awkwardly. It leaned towards us and started to speak. At first I couldn't understand what it was saying but then it was talking about mommy and daddy!

"Do yo-ou want to s-s-s-eeeee Mom-mommy da-ddee?"
The robot can take us to my parents! I asked if it knew where they were and it offered to take us to them. Toma! We can go back to mommy and daddy. It seemed like we walked forever before we reached some building. It smelled really gross and black smoke rose from some chimney thing. Toma whimpered but I told we could see mommy and daddy again. So we followed the robot in, but the robot didn't say anything since we left. I am scared. Where are my parents suppose to be?

Toma....

Mommy and Daddy are not here...
Now neither are we....
"They Are Running The Show Now" ....

Status
Not open for further replies.