Writer's Block - Escape With Wit

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Kingmaker747

Original poster
[BCOLOR=transparent]One night, after a collaborative writing session, a large group of writers group together to stop writing their fiction world, and instead play a D&D Module called "Tomb of Horrors".[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Acting as if they were kids again, they had ramen, mountain dew, and a whole load of dice. They were all ready for a night full of adventure.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]And it was adventure they would get.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]After they all fall asleep in the living room, a darkness falls upon their souls. They wake up, and they are in a dark room tied to chairs. A voice seemed to ring from the sky. "Welcome renowned authors. We are here to play a game. You will be using your wits to escape. And then Arthur said, this is ridiculous."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Then it just so happened that Arthur said, "This is ridiculous." Arthur's face had bewildered look upon it. "I swear I did not say that as a joke."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]--~-- [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]Narration is Key --~--[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]In this roleplay you will all play a group of writers, who are all working on a fantasy book, basing it loosely off of a group roleplaying game, waking up in a mysterious building try to figure their way out.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]They will face puzzles, traps, and worst of all, their own narrative voice. Not to mention figuring out their kidnapper, discovering themselves, and anything else that might happen along the way.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]So even if it's a quick spoiler, your character will be able to narrate the story to an extent being able to use dialogue to change the story to their advantage.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]The system is going to be hard to make, I think I'm going to have an action list with some way to determine if an action succeeds. For example: If you try to summon a bear via saying, "And then out from the door spilled a bear." and then I would check a summon action.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]But I'm open to suggestions for the conflict system though! So if there is enough interest I will flesh out the RP and make the whole system and have it made and ready to play.[/BCOLOR]

Status
Not open for further replies.