Write Me Something Spooky

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!

Dusk

the eye of the beholder
Original poster
STAFF MEMBER
DONATING MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Looking for partners
  2. Not accepting invites at this time
Posting Speed
  1. One post per day
  2. Multiple posts per week
  3. 1-3 posts per week
  4. One post per week
  5. Slow As Molasses
Online Availability
Most days, most hours
Writing Levels
  1. Elementary
  2. Intermediate
  3. Adept
  4. Advanced
  5. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Nonbinary
  4. Agender
  5. Primarily Prefer Male
  6. No Preferences
Genres
Adventure. Angels and demons. Apocalyptic. Arthurian. Comedy. Dystopian. Fantasy. Historical. Horror. Post-apocalyptic. Romance. Science fiction. Supernatural.
Spooky Writing Prompt

Greetings fellow ghouls and goblins!
I'm Dusk and you can find me lingering just before the darkness. Spooky season is fast approaching and what better way to celebrate than with a fun and spooky writing prompt?

Take one, or more characters, from any of your current or past roleplays and place them in a frightening situation!

Is the house haunted? Is there a murderer on the loose? A haunt in their dreams? Is there a zombie apocalypse? Is someone watching them? Did something or someone come back to life?

You can make it super scary or you can add some humor to what should be a dark situation. Whatever you want to do!

This prompt is for the entire month of October so have fun with it!

This prompt is the perfect submission to tackle the Monster Bingo card as well, if you ask me.

Characters:
1. Alban - recycled character in many roleplays and the were-animal in question
2. Eloise - recycled for many roleplays as well, but currently a Wellington in Regency Index

When the full moon came around Alban feared but one thing.

"Oh, who is a good boy? Who is the bestest boy?"

The lack of control over his usual demeanour, added to the natural instincts that came attached to the beast within him turned Alban for the worst; or that what he believed to be the worst as his leg spasmed and he rolled over his back, horrifying delighted at the hands rubbing over his stomach.

Once the full moon disappeared Eloise was aware that repercussions were to follow. Alban wasn't known for his generosity or even for his good humour. Right now, however, Alban couldn't help himself. Tail wagging and snout reaching to nuzzle the kindly lady that held all of his affections.

"Oh, yes, it you, it you," Eloise cooed back, allowing the were-creature to lap at her face.

Trigger warnings: death and suicide

Using Derek Gray from https://www.iwakuroleplay.com/threads/finding-love-on-the-wrong-side-of-the-tracks-reina.197353/

Derek leaned back against the side of his motorcycle, Quinn, as he brought the beer bottle up to his lips to drink. It was his vain attempt at forgetting what had happened to him a few nights ago...what had happened to them. It was supposed to be a simple haunted house. It was the season after all. It was supposed to be harmless fun, an easy date, but he should have known better. He should've known better when it came to her heart. Her heart was always weak and she had many surgeries throughout her life but she had gotten a clean bill of health. She was supposed to be fine.

He tossed the emptied bottle on the side of the fence along with the others. He peered up at the iron fence that kept them apart now and knew that he just couldn't stand to be away from her any longer. Using Quinn for leverage, he stepped onto the seat of his motorcycle and hoisted himself over the iron landing with a thud on the other side and losing his footing a bit due to his inebriated state. He dusted himself off and clumsily walked through the graveyard. Everything was so dark, illuminated only by the occasional street light spread across the terrain. He didn't care though. He knew the way.

His steps were weak but purposeful until he finally stood before the tombstone, her stone. Derek immediately fell to his knees into the fresh dirt. Tears streamed down his cheeks as he read the letters engraved into the stone. "I'm so sorry," he whispered as he bent his head low and sobbed.

"I know," he heard from behind him.

His head turned sharply to face the voice, eyes widening when he saw her. His tears came faster now as the shock and revelation washed over him.

"You're...you're here? But, how? You, you di--..." he muttered but her soft smile stopped his words. "I miss you, baby."

"Then come be with me," she said softly, her voice different than the way he remembered it but his heart ached in his chest and he could not resist her. He could never have resisted her.

"I brought it with me," he said softly as he pulled the gun from his jacket pocket. "I don't want to be away from you anymore."

She nodded to him. "Come...be with me."

Derek brought the gun up to his temple and pulled the trigger without hesitation, his body falling instantly limp onto the ground.

The haunt stared at his empty shell of a body before retaking its original form. It wasn't her. It was never her. "I'll let the boss know we got ourselves another one."

• Love
Reactions: ᴛᴏᴄᴋᴀ
Trigger warning: A tiny bit of gore I guess.

Character(s) used: Akako (and her mysterious partner in crime)

It was another tiresome night of patrolling. Exploring quiet, empty streets, making sure that nobody would get devoured by demons on her watch, that was what she was paid for, after all: Hunting those foul, vile creatures that she was so envious of... though she would rather not think about it right now.
Akako sighed, leaning against a tree and rummaging through her waist bag for a pack of cigarette. Usually, she was not smoking, but sometimes she was getting in a mood to watch smoke as she pondered.
Lighting the cigarette, she stared into the void, getting lost in thoughts as she listened to the silent noises of night intently, so she would not miss a shrill scream of terror and agony, if an attack were to happen in her area. Then, she would have to rush, as fast as her little, mortal legs could carry her.
The woman cursed quietly, feeling a stinging sensation near her ankle, apparently some wandering insect somehow managed to find its way in her knee high boot.
"Ah, what the Hell?!" She groaned as she felt more bites and crawling sensations.
Throwing her cigarette away in hurry, she sat down on the bench, frantically beginning to untie her shoelaces with her shaking hands.
Her dark brown eyes thoughtfully inspected removed boot. There was not a sign of any ants at all; hunter's gaze moved on her leg. There was nothing on her skin either, except for a few strange cuts.
Akako shrugged it off. Perhaps she scratched herself with her nails, while she was getting dressed in hurry and the tickling sensation was caused by numbness after standing still too long.
Putting her boot back on, she continued patrolling, only to get interrupted by same sickening, crawling sensation from before, it was as if something moved from her knee to her hip. Akako instinctively moved her hand to dust unidentified creature off her leg. The sensation stopped, only to continue after a minute in the multiple areas of her body, as if at least three insects crawled up from her waist and stomach to her back, neck, chin and eye sockets.
"What the?!" She yelped, unsheathing her sword to take a look at her reflection in its perfectly polished, smooth surface.
She was not wrong when she thought that there was nothing, crawling on her skin, earlier... however... there was obviously something, moving under her skin, apparently, some creature, or rather, creatures invaded her body through the small wounds she found.
"Get off me! Get off..." She shouted shakily, scratching her face viciously to get those things out of her skin, even if she had to peel it off entirely.
The insects did not care; they continued to crawl under her skin, seemingly multiplying in process. She could see small, writhing bumps under her forehead, cheeks, temples, moving closer to her eyes. She could not let this continue any longer!
Her shaking hands moved the tip of her sword to cut the stitches on her face, perhaps this way she could reach those nasty creatures and teach them a lesson... cutting threads, her own fingers reached under her skin, desperately trying to scratch those beings out with her nails.
Akako growled with anger, fear, pain, disgust and exasperation, cursing continuously at the insects. Her voice was mixed with strangely familiar squeal of joy, sounding less faint by each second.
Her racing pulse slowly returned its usual pace.
"Could you give me less awful nightmares next time?" Akako hissed, slowly opening her eyes.
"No promises. After all, you were the one who volunteered to make me happy. Your expressions were something else, indeed."