Write a story!

Discussion in 'THREAD ARCHIVES' started by Kitti, Aug 10, 2009.

1. Idea originally posted by @Verite

Murder Tale - Brand of the Hawk

Based on the hit manga "Berserk."

How much have you ever hated someone?

Have you ever hated someone so much, that this feeling alone would drive you to do horrific things? Have you ever hated someone so much, that your whole life was focused on finding that person and ripping him apart? Have you ever hated someone so much, that you would forget about your humanity, purge it all just to find enough power, for one, single fraction of a moment, one chance to get your revenge...

What would your eyes look like in that very moment? Insane? Terrified? Passionate? Happy? Or maybe... satisfied?

Would you dare to ever find out for yourself if you ever got a chance?

You wake up, and all you see are trees as far as your eyes can reach. A forest? That's not where you were last you could recall though, so what gives? However, you couldn't even ask yourself what you were doing in this dark forest with a number of strange, unfamiliar people, as your thoughts were interrupted by a hot, burning pain on your body. For one person, the pain might be coming from the back of their neck, or perhaps on their breast for another. Arm, leg, spine, everyone was feeling it somewhere at the very least. And upon checking the spot where the pain was coming from, you would all see that there was... a strange mark.

A strange brand was etched into your very flesh, as though a knife had cut into it and made it there. You feel a strange surge of emotion go into your head. A strange mixture of intense fear and rage vertebrates throughout your heads, as well as the sound of demonic laughter, like you were being mocked, humiliated, and so on, but in an instant, for a strange reason, you seem to calm down when heavy footsteps would approach.

In the distance, a rather large man, tall as a small tree and armored to the brim, would look upon you, his expression indicating that he had been expecting you, given that he certainly didn't look surprised or anything, and his features rather haggard and weary, like this had been a while.

Even when he opened his mouth to speak, you had no idea what kind of abyss that you were gazing into.

"Looks like the party's really getting started now."

Disclaimer: This will probably not be how the Tale would actually start.

Mechanics are subject to change if this ever happens.

This event will be, in a way, more focused on the relationships the characters will build with others than you might think, though of course, there'll be plenty of fighting to show off what your character can do if they're a fighter. After all, with source material called "Berserk," it's a given. It'll also be something like a cross between When the Corpses Cry and Restless in Rapture as well, or at least, that's how I envision it.

Throughout the event, your character will be plagued by the Brand of Sacrifice on their body, meaning that demons will attack often to claim your soul, and the brand will also affect your emotions to a degree; your character might be neurotic or angry than they ought to be in given situations because of the brand's influence, as to showcase how emotions of hatred and agony can overwrite emotions of hope and camaraderie. Despite the Brand in canon not particularly affecting a victim's emotions, an in-universe reason will be given for why it is so, as well as the fact that it thematically connects to things.

However, of course, this does not give you an excuse to have your character act in the IC purely out of what you think or feel OOC, so keep a watch on things.

Also, after every murder, rather than the practically standard practice of "murder, mid-chapter update, chapter update," it'll be "murder discovery = chapter update." So don't get tripped up too much by that. I'll explain why later.

Similar to When the Corpses Cry, in this event, the system would entail one "Traitor" per chapter, though here's where it'll get a little different. Rather than assigning a "Maestro," I'll just be deciding on who will be doing the murdering based on character interactions / reactions / dynamics. A notable example of how I'd pick out a "Traitor" would be if two characters got into a heated argument and they leave that argument pissed beyond belief, and I would decide to pick out one such person to be able to commit a character kill of whoever they choose.

Similar to Restless in Rapture, you are also free to volunteer (and I would actually encourage you) to submit a kill as well, though there can only be a maximum of one volunteer per chapter. However, there's a catch to all this. Kind of. Sort of.

There will be no mystery factor whatsoever.

As in, rather than spending time trying to figure out who the killer is, upon the discovery of the kill, the players would all discover the killer standing over the deceased, the dynamic all being in the repercussions of murdering someone, what drove them to kill, and so on. After all, why not take advantage of the drama aspect of murder for a change instead of mystery? Going back to the example with the two people in an argument, perhaps the motivation for one person killing the other was exactly because of the argument ending on a bitter note, or maybe if they chose someone else to kill, the motivation would just be that they were so blindly enraged that they killed the first person they saw / wanted to blow off some steam, etc.

Regardless, a motivation has to be given. That all said, that's the reason why there will be no mid-chapter update thing, as the consequence of killing and everyone knowing will hopefully be stimulating enough.

Character Requirements

Well... Uh, basically, the main requirement is that your character has to be able to feel emotion, as the driving force between some of the story, as well as the interactions, are based on the characters' emotions being manipulated. And naturally make sure the character isn't too OP, unless you're fine with being nerfed to a degree of course.

More may be added as time goes by, but we'll see, won't we?

Winter Schnee & Weiss Schnee(RWBY)

Teresa Agnes(Maze Runner/Murder V/Illusion II/No Serenity to be Found/Ultimate Murder Game/Reaper Squad)
    Silver Sablinova(Marvel Comics)
    Princess Yum Yum(The Thief and the Cobbler)
    Gaz Membrane(Invader Zim)
    Ridley Duchannes(The Caster Chronicles)
    Reece Duchannes(The Caster Chronicles)
    Ryan Duchannes(The Caster Chronicles)
    Young!Teresa/Deedee(The Kill Order/Maze Runner Series)
    Older!Ryan/Aurelia Duchannes(The Caster Chronicles/fanon)
    Princess Buttercup(The Princess Bride)
    Kofuku Ebisu(Noragami)
    Mabel Pines(Gravity Falls)
    Tarlotte of the Aligned Planets(Kyoshiro to Towa no Sora)

Angelique St. Vincent(Dangerous Deception)
    Hiyori Iki(Noragami)
    Touko(Pokemon Black & White)

Pyrrha Nikos(RWBY/The Reaper Squad)
    Rey(Star Wars)
    Hiyori Iki(Noragami)
    Blake Belladonna(RWBY)
    Setsuna(Kyoshiro to Towa no Sora)
    Glynda Goodwitch(RWBY)
    Gwen(Total Drama)
    Sonya(The Maze Runner)
    Jessica Drew(Marvel Comics)
    Emerald Sustrai(RWBY)
    Alice Morgan(Luther)
    Neptune Vasilias(RWBY)
    Wanda Wilson/Lady Deadpool(Marvel Comics)
    Wes(Pokemon Colosseum)
    Katara(Avatar: The Last Airbender)
    Danielle Fenton(Danny Phantom)
    Katniss Everdeen(The Hunger Games)
    Ziva David(NCIS)

Violet Parr(The Incredibles)
    Anastasia Romanov(Anastasia)
    Ritsuko Inoue(Those Who Hunt Elves)
    Celcia Marie Claire(Those Who Hunt Elves)
    Junpei Ryuzouji(Those Who Hunt Elves)
    Touko(Pokémon Black/White)

Victor Frankenstein(Once Upon a Time)
    Ice Princess(The Adventures of Sharkboy and Lavagirl)
    Rafael(Mindjack Trilogy)
    Chris McLean(Total Drama)
    Wilbur Robinson(Meet the Robinsons)
    Courtney(Total Drama)
    Scorch Monsters(The Scorch Trials)
    Four/Tobias Eaton(Divergent/Illusion Game)
    Larkin Kent(Caster Chronicles/Side-story)
    Little Rock(Zombieland)
    Lady Sif(Thor/Illusion Game)
    Pacifica Southeast(Gravity Falls AU)
    Gideon Pines(Gravity Falls AU)
    Wendy Corduroy(Gravity Falls)
    Soos Ramirez(Gravity Falls)
    Gideon Gleeful(Gravity Falls)
    Dipper Clone(Gravity Falls)
    Young Kayley(Quest for Camelot)
    Primrose Everdeen(The Hunger Games Trilogy/Side-story)
    The Box Ghost(Danny Phantom/Illusion game)
    Max(The Adventures of Sharkboy and Lavagirl)
    Pooka(Anastasia/Illusion game)
    Katniss Everdeen(The Hunger Games)
    Anastasia Romanov(Anastasia/Illusion Game)
    Okami Shiranui(Okami)
    Captain Shakespeare(Stardust)
    GIR(Invader Zim)
  3. Murder Tale I: Limited Starkweather Edition

The first Murder Tale, hosted by Akibahara.

Murder Games are fun to play in. But not when they're in your real life, eh? Watch these Murder Game roleplayers try to survive the games themselves, as all they can depend on against the mysterious captors are their wits and teamwork!

Murder Tale I: Limited Starkweather Edition

Cast List

None. All players portrayed as a fictional version of their real-life selves.​
  4. With a small frown, the girl looked down at the pair of mice, gently scooping up the first with her lithe fingertips.
  5. Murder Tale VII: The Devil's Carnival

The seventh Murder Tale, by CCC Kouhai.

Whatever you knew about heaven or hell, this place is like no other. The Devil’s carnival is the home to millions of wandering guests who have came to look for excitement in their lives; however, in a mysterious series of events, you were brought here for a reason. You may not remember what that very specific reason may be… Maybe it is a reason that has yet to be discovered. Either way, no one around you really cares about that reason so you don’t have to go into great detail. Heck, you may just be wandering here just to satisfy those around you because you have to be a big suck up. Even if there’s no importance to you or anyone else, you can still spend a great time riding the rides and being entertained! During your visit, you will spend most of your time interacting with others that were also brought to the carnival and work either together or by yourself in completing tasks and challenges throughout the tale.

There’s a catch. If you don’t closely pay attention to clues and have bad luck, you’ll end up bargaining for your own sanity!

Murder Tale VII: The Devil's Carnival

Cast List

T.O.M. as Samhain (Trick r' Treat)
    Crow as Tenkuuji Takeru (Kamen Rider Ghost)
    The Tactician as Luso Clemens (Final Fantasy Tactics)
    Verite as Hisoka (Hunter x Hunter)
    C.T. as Bazett Fraga McRemitz (Type-Moon)
    The Silver Paladin as Princess Ashelia B'nargin Dalmasca (Final Fantasy XII)
    Archmage Jeremiah as Jhin (League of Legends)
    DapperDogman as Ayumu Aikawa (Is This a Zombie?)
    CrunchyCHEEZIT as Iggy (JoJo's Bizarre Adventure)
    Ryu Keiko as Seras Victoria (Hellsing)
    york as Cat (Stray Cat Crossing)
    OrlandoBloomers as Deadpool (Marvel Comics)
    Krieg as Frisk (Undertale)
    Ringmaster as Tobias (League of Legends)
    Atomyk as Dipper Pines (Gravity Falls)
    Jeremi as Kuroko Shirai (Raildex)
    Kaykay as Kyousuke Hyoubu (Zettai Karen Children)
    Gummi Bunnies as Aika (Animal Crossing)
    Archwar as B.O.B. (Original Character)
    IntrusivePenDesperateSword as Rumble McSkirmish (Gravity Falls)
    Gwazi Magnum as Morgan Freeman (Nonfictional)
    ResistingTheEnlightened as Michaelangelo "Spike" Scarlatti (Flashpoint)
    GlassTrinity as Lorde (South Park)
    Bomb as Daisuke (Chaos Rings III)
    MrSandman as Michael Ehrmantraut (Breaking Bad)​
  6. *letting out a tiny sqeak the mouse ran into the girls sleeve to hide as its mate ran away into the tall grass.
  7. [​IMG]

Hello, everyone! It's so good to see everyone in Animanga~ I'm Sen, one of your moderators!
    If you have any questions, don't be afraid to message me or the other moderators of the group.

On a side note, I myself am a fantasy junkie, and I love romance in my anime too! Recently, I've been getting into historical fantasy, hit me up if you know any good ones! And last but not least, introduce me to some cute white-haired bishies, okay? c:​
    • Bucket of Rainbows Bucket of Rainbows x 1
  8. Hello, I'm not new to the site but I'm still somehow VERY new to roleplaying. I enjoy designing characters (Maybe a bit too much) but I have difficulty with coming up with really good personalities for them, so I'd like to speak with others and learn how to make more developed characters! ^^;
  9. A man wearing an olive drab trench coat and gray jeans walks by, watching the pack of cats.

He decides to walk up to one of them and pat it on the back with his shiny leather boot.
  10. The first mouse shivers and hides as the second is frozen in fear and knows its time has come..